Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
...the black SUV does not turn into a cab. The black SUV "swerves" because it's arriving to pick up that lady.

It's still a really bad show though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ufarn
May 30, 2009
It does turn into a cab due to the editing, even though there's a physical cab behind. There's real-life logic and there's IF logic.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

ufarn posted:

It does turn into a cab due to the editing, even though there's a physical cab behind. There's real-life logic and there's IF logic.

You can see the yellow cab from the instant you can see the black suv. It's not great editing for the scene, but it's nowhere near as bad as it's being made out to be.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Saint Freak posted:

In terms of the Netflix characters I find it unrealistic that JJ would hang out with Danny Rand for more than 0 seconds.

Especially when one of those two people can super punch holes through people that annoy them, and the other is Danny Rand who of course cannot because reasons.

Hell, I'm not overly familiar with the comics, but aren't Danny and Luke supposed to be super close? That seems almost as unlikely to me. Matt and Danny could brood and pout together I guess.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Thaddius the Large posted:

Hell, I'm not overly familiar with the comics, but aren't Danny and Luke supposed to be super close?
They're Heroes for Hire!

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Danny bangs Luke's sister.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Now I'm stuck picturing Danny's stupid awkward 14 year old shutin self meeting with Luke Cage. "No, it's cool, I'm good with you people! I love Wu-Tang!"

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I had the biggest rap collection in K'un Lun!

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Saint Freak posted:

A man named Iron Fist actually has like the 5th and 8th weakest fists in that elevator. Shameful.

To be completely fair iron is pretty soft as far as minerals go

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Someday he will work his way up to Tungsten Fist. Maybe he just has to punch a wolfram in the heart or something.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Who is David Chen and why is he unable to parse what's going on in a scene that he's showing looped in his twitter feed?

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Hell, I'm not overly familiar with the comics, but aren't Danny and Luke supposed to be super close? That seems almost as unlikely to me. Matt and Danny could brood and pout together I guess.

I seriously hope Netflix Marvel doesn't go all-in with Danny because of sunk cost. Just, if it doesn't work, don't do it. If he and Luke are a chemistry black hole, don't bother.

My hope now is that the Shang-Chi series that was rumored happens, is good in all the ways Iron Fist should've been, and Shang-Chi steals Danny's life. He bros out with Luke Cage, and bangs Misty Knight, and does sick looking kung-fu while Danny practices tai chi.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Danny Rand is the gooniest super hero.

He's the hero we deserve.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

AndyElusive posted:

Who is David Chen and why is he unable to parse what's going on in a scene that he's showing looped in his twitter feed?

At first I figured he thought the jump was silly, but he was just confused about what happened.

I still don't understand why he didn't try telling a personal story in that scene instead of the jump.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I'm ready for fat Danny. His kung fu was so weak in season one, he needs to gain a lot of mass for season 2...

edit: gently caress it, just recast Danny as Rob McElhenney. He's got a much better physique and his martial arts skills are at least as good.

Snak fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Apr 4, 2017

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Snak posted:

I'm ready for fat Danny. His kung fu was so weak in season one, he needs to gain a lot of mass for season 2...

edit: gently caress it, just recast Danny as Rob McElhenney. He's got a much better physique and his martial arts skills are at least as good.

Danny doesn't care about funding R&D because it's all done by a bunch of stupid science bitches.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
That video makes me wish Daredevil would go back to his original costume.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Now I'm stuck picturing Danny's stupid awkward 14 year old shutin self meeting with Luke Cage. "No, it's cool, I'm good with you people! I love Wu-Tang!"

Considering how differently sensitive to race the Luke Cage and Iron Fist series were, I think having Danny learn about race and racism as an adult (with missteps at first like the above) via Cage would be the best thing they could do with Danny "Sucky Punch" Rand. Edit: and would explain an actual bond between them later on.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

It's kind of dumb in retrospect how they gave DD the one iconic thing other than the chest tattoo that defines Iron Fists costume, so now they can't actually give it to Iron Fist.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Iron Fists is a different color and has eye holes. Like "Oh no, we gave Captain America vaguely tactical spandex, now we can't figure out what Black Widow should wear!!"

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Snak posted:

Too bad Kyle is dead. You could recast Glenn Howerton as him and nobody would notice.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

AndyElusive posted:

It's kind of dumb in retrospect how they gave DD the one iconic thing other than the chest tattoo that defines Iron Fists costume, so now they can't actually give it to Iron Fist.

DAD has a legit costume/body armour though so they can still have Danny start wearing the mask.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

I'm still pulling for Danny to be whacked in the show.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

Matt should loathe Danny's existence and poo poo on him for the whole show

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

It really looks like Danny notices the car well in advance and thinks 'hey, maybe this'll impress her'.

What a oval office.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I dunno man, he jumps over a car that doesn't even break when it realizes it almost smoked a guy while going 40.

That's pretty impressive? And that's when she wouldn't even listen to Danny about being who he was.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

AndyElusive posted:

I dunno man, he jumps over a car that doesn't even break when it realizes it almost smoked a guy while going 40.

That's just NYC traffic.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
The cab driver is probably Danny's homeless friend who he bribed to make him look cool. Danny later killed him to cover it up.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Xealot posted:

I seriously hope Netflix Marvel doesn't go all-in with Danny because of sunk cost. Just, if it doesn't work, don't do it. If he and Luke are a chemistry black hole, don't bother.

My hope now is that the Shang-Chi series that was rumored happens, is good in all the ways Iron Fist should've been, and Shang-Chi steals Danny's life. He bros out with Luke Cage, and bangs Misty Knight, and does sick looking kung-fu while Danny practices tai chi.

Hopefully if they do a season 2 they use the Immortal Weapons storyline and have Orson come in and teach him how to not be the shittiest Iron Fist. Of course in my head we're also using tales of past Iron Fists from the The Book of the Iron Fist as filler so Netflix gets their 13 episodes and the show runs a tight story instead of stretching it out.

A 3rd season can be the tournament arc and the 8th city. That should give Finn enough time to get a few more pounds of muscle and get good enough at movie kung fu to hold his own across from the other immortal weapons.

AndyElusive posted:

That's pretty impressive? And that's when she wouldn't even listen to Danny about being who he was.

What's sad is that the car jump and the first time he breaks into Joy's house are the only two times he does anything physical that is remotely impressive. He should have been doing way more super jumps and poo poo.

Instead later on when they had him jump on a fire escape it looks pathetic, like Iron Fist can barely do a pull up or two.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
Did we ever see Finn Jones do fighterly things as Loras Tyrell? There were a few chances, but I don't recall them actually happening in the show.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Toast Museum posted:

Did we ever see Finn Jones do fighterly things as Loras Tyrell? There were a few chances, but I don't recall them actually happening in the show.

Not really. He was stabbing Renly for years, but Renly never died from it. :v:

Other than that, just complaining about brooches and shaving dudes and hanging out in church and talking about being such a good fighter

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Toast Museum posted:

With a helmet, so it was probably just a stunt man.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Oh yeah, he got his rear end beat for 15 seconds by Brienne that one time. So actually probably good training for what he'd be doing as Iron Fist.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
If Scott Buck is in charge of Inhumans it is going to be absolute garbage.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Hollismason posted:

If Scott Buck is in charge of Inhumans it is going to be absolute garbage.

I can't wait for an Inhumans show that doesn't show Attilan and only gives us 2 second PTSD-style flashbacks of terrigenesis.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:

counterfeitsaint posted:

That video makes me wish Daredevil would go back to his original costume.

I have always wished this. The red with the horns is just so loving awkward. It's like if they put the wings on Cap's hood/helmet in the movies. The low-rent tactical pants, pads, underarmor, and blindfold were WAY cooler.

Is the "special" armor savant a character in the comics?

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

Javid posted:

Is the "special" armor savant a character in the comics?

Yup.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo, he's Loras Tyrell? I didn't recognize him at all.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

AndyElusive posted:

Danny Rand is the gooniest super hero.

He's the hero we deserve.

Nah, Legion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

egoslicer
Jun 13, 2007
Everything that needed to be said, has been already but then you see something like Into the Bandlands fight camp:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2icAQrPonU

you have to wonder how a show with presumably much less budgeting has much better atmosphere and fighting. Also that apparently the Kung Fu master's name is Dee Dee.