Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Thought he meant bikers for a second and was all on board, those things are ear splitting menaces

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

https://twitter.com/tsarnick/status/1789107043825262706

Oh, AI is the new crypto currency. I get it now. It's a scam.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

What the gently caress does this even mean?

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

wash bucket posted:

always has been. now that its getting harder to get any more companies to invest in it they are gonna try passing the bag to regular people

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Hihohe posted:

now that its getting harder to get any more companies to invest in it

lol it’s what?

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
Does he understand UBI besides it being “something everyone gets”? That’s it’s to provide people with the necessities? Maybe he does… We all get a slice of Universal Basic Compute instead, for which the govt needs to pay OpenAI, Sam makes trillions and we all desperately try to find a buyer or someone willing to do canned food for compute trades.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

DRINK ME posted:

Does he understand UBI besides it being “something everyone gets”? That’s it’s to provide people with the necessities? Maybe he does… We all get a slice of Universal Basic Compute instead, for which the govt needs to pay OpenAI, Sam makes trillions and we all desperately try to find a buyer or someone willing to do canned food for compute trades.

He's an AI grifter trying to sell more AI

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Subjunctive posted:

lol it’s what?

Lol no, your right, they are still going whole hog on it

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Tiggum posted:

What the gently caress does this even mean?

Presumably that the government should give openai 10bux a month per american.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
I think his idea is that everyone gets to use openAI for free and the productivity boost (and thus money) they get from this will totally outweigh the money they would get from a UBI program. There are several thousand things wrong with this, but as always it comes down to "techbros are stupid".

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Byzantine posted:

The PPSh-41, historically

:hai:

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Midnight Voyager posted:

I should add, he did so much stupid poo poo that a guy who normally does videos about music ended up posting his own long and watchable video about non-plagiarism-related fuckery. Stuff like spreading misinformation and being really horny for honest to god WWII nazis being gay. And just despising women to his core. If he says anything original in any of his videos, it's hating women or making poo poo up.

and apparently a THIRD Youtube essayist had receipts for how he regularly used his mental health as an excuse to raise money for projects and then never do the projects.

He's a lot. It's a lot.
He did a video essay on Revolutionary Girl Utena and the only character he had a specific section analyzing was Akio/Dios*, the villain that grooms teenagers in order to feel powerful and cover up his own immaturity. He also managed to get basically everything wrong in his theme analysis. Like, impressively wrong. I would have thought he'd get some things right just by accident but he's so much the kind of dude Revolutionary Girl Utena is making fun of that he couldn't understand a thing.

*He had a section for Akio and a section for Dios, which he thinks are two separate characters despite it being made clear over the course of the show they're the same character at different points in time and through different lenses, aka Dios is the idealized childlike idea of a prince Akio presented himself as when younger and is trying to get back to, but he never can because you can't actually become an ideal.

PetraCore has a new favorite as of 16:40 on May 11, 2024

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
The craziest thing about Todd in the Shadows' video is that there's practically zero overlap with anything Hbomberguy brought up. They both made very long videos going over Somerton's bullshit, and it's different bullshit.

And you just wonder, how much outrageous bullshit can one person get up to? And can you top "the gays are boring now because all the fun gays died of AIDS"?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

1stGear posted:

I think his idea is that everyone gets to use openAI for free and the productivity boost (and thus money) they get from this will totally outweigh the money they would get from a UBI program. There are several thousand things wrong with this, but as always it comes down to "techbros are stupid".

But also you should be able to sell your allocation.

It's basically rationing for chatgpt, except you're allowed to sell your ration stamps for money. Presuming of course that anyone's gonna want to use chatgpt enough to buy your ration stamps and that we really want some sort of market for trading them on.

This instead of just... giving people money.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Gonna trade a picture of a nine fingered sonic the hedgehog and a poorly written college essay that talks about Huckleberry Finn traveling back in time to King Arthur's court for a can of beans.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Sounds like a rebranding of effective altruism now that it has been thoroughly exposed as a scam to dodge social responsibility and reform. So ai = value = welfare -> companies in the ai business must be beyond reproach and receive full backing of the state

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

"Sam Altman" is clearly Sam Bankman Fried's alt account.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Sam Altman has been on this techno-utopia, “Silicon Valley saving the world” grift way before SBF came on the scene

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
You can trade your openAI credits for OpenCoAIn and then sell those for cash to buy food. It's simple and easy.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!

I would love a lobotomy. No worries, just GameCube and die a painful confusing death and get abused by asylum staff. Now that’s the life.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Subjunctive posted:

Sam Altman has been on this techno-utopia, “Silicon Valley saving the world” grift way before SBF came on the scene

Sam Altman started his first company with/dated a guy I grew up with so he came to some summer friend events, and he is the dumbest, densest motherfucker you've ever met in person.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
... First they came for the cheekbones, and I did not speak out—because I was not a gooner.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I don't know which one of those is supposed to be "fixed"

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

Vagina bones good, face bones bad. Got it.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

emSparkly posted:

Vagina bones good, face bones bad. Got it.

The wokies are taking vagina bones and putting them in faces, to make the cis goddesses more trans.

I'd like to remind people that Mark Kern is in his 50s

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

OwlFancier posted:

I don't know which one of those is supposed to be "fixed"

The left is the edit, the right is the one from the game. I think.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
He also posted that today, several days after Hades 2 released with a slightly different look for Aphrodite (but still entirely naked).

Really striking that iron when its hot.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
desperately asking if my fat elbows make me look like an AGP on 4chan

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
They seem to be grasping at the thinnest of straws to desperately try to make a point. First they think Hades 2 is woke, but people point out the art/content is very similar to the first game, which had warranted no complaints. So they gotta move the goalposts and act like all the art is mannish and bad.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

They’re just bringing back “safe horny” where anything that doesn’t look like an ai generated anime teen is woke because they’re attacking our traditional values of vicariously creeping on young women I guess.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Does "safe horny" have a prior established meaning?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Lipstick = not trans

Bing bong

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Panfilo posted:

... First they came for the cheekbones, and I did not speak out—because I was not a gooner.

This guy needs a new gimmick

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

this is his new gimmick after "listen to me because i was at blizzard 10 years ago also don't look into what i did after blizzard" wore thin

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Panfilo posted:

.... they made her rear end and boobs smaller? :confused:

Heath posted:

The left is the edit, the right is the one from the game. I think.

yes, just ... baffling

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Isn't all the art in the game pretty provisional anyway? I watched a friend play some and a couple of the portraits were straight up obviously unfinished placeholders.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

for hades 2 yeah, but that aphrodite portrait is from the first game so who knows why they're focusing on that now

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
was also about to ask which is which.

like standard western reading direction kinda biases you have original and then the change left to right, but as long as things are labeled it doesnt matter.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

It's OBVIOUS to anyone who isn't WOKE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

wash bucket posted:

So we've just decided to noun the verb "compute" I see

You know, I know the energy costs are just astronomical and it's not considered generally feasibly possible to fire something into the sun, but what if the world got together and just stuffed all of these fuckers and the billionaire class into a rocket and launched it into the sun anyway?

Riot Carol Danvers has a new favorite as of 21:06 on May 11, 2024