Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

steinrokkan posted:

Lipstick = not trans

Bing bong

Trans girls famously don't wear lipstick which is the easy way to tell them apart from cis girls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I will not be clicking play on that video.

:thanks:

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
That one's old. "We need more compute" is as cromulent as "We need more storage".

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
We need more store.

We need more computage.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Saying computer more like Compute'Tor like its some sort of warlord

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

repiv posted:

for hades 2 yeah, but that aphrodite portrait is from the first game so who knows why they're focusing on that now

You are assuming any of the gamers rise up activists play and know anything about games, a common mistake

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
As a professional bytewrangler and computatrician, I can confirm that the average person doesn't know what a computer is, what it does, and why Excel is garbage

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Antigravitas posted:

That one's old. "We need more compute" is as cromulent as "We need more storage".

What about we need digital and we need an online

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

I'm struggling to understand what universal basic compute is and why I'd need it. It's like how no crypto bro ever tried to explain why crypto is better than regular ole regulated money

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

grittyreboot posted:

I'm struggling to understand what universal basic compute is and why I'd need it. It's like how no crypto bro ever tried to explain why crypto is better than regular ole regulated money

It's a magic unit of AI power, likely chosen by the AI company, that they will give you for free. You can trade this for our new AI based Cryptocurrency which our AI based algorithm will keep pegged 1:1 with USD (cannot be directly exchanged for USD). If you aren't a sucker who wastes money converting it at a loss in order to acquire food, housing, or healthcare, you may choose to use your universal basic compute power and AI will make you rich and powerful and beautiful eventually.

That's the power of AI. Soon it will surpass us so much that all we'll be able to do is sit back and occasionally tell the AI to keep us in luxury and it'll be able to do it. The more personal info you feed into the AI's blockchain the more better it can make your life.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

grittyreboot posted:

shovel salesman thinks governments should subsidise universal basic shovels

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

repiv posted:

shovel salesman thinks governments should subsidise universal basic shovels

Still not quite equivalent because shovels are physical items with a lot of helpful uses

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

grittyreboot posted:

What if instead of money for food and rent, you got a computer to do math for you. Unlike crypto, this does not have any proposed way to turn computer time into pizzas or drugs. It's literally nonsense.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Dr. Stab posted:

What if instead of money for food and rent, you got a computer to do math for you. Unlike crypto, this does not have any proposed way to turn computer time into pizzas or drugs. It's literally nonsense.

But the computer can do your job faster and more efficiently than you and your employer will pay you the same in real cash as they were without AI. If they won't you can just get the AI to lean on the company for you to make sure you get paid enough to live.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Byzantine posted:

Still not quite equivalent because shovels are physical items with a lot of helpful uses

shovel salesman intensely promotes the idea that future shovels, just around the corner and arriving any moment, will do the laundry and drive your car and make you dinner and get you the girl -- invest now!!

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
He's more like a shovel time share salesman.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

what if we made rare earth minerals even rarer

Torchlighter
Jan 15, 2012

I Got Kids. I need this.

Sagebrush posted:

shovel salesman intensely promotes the idea that future shovels, just around the corner and arriving any moment, will do the laundry and drive your car and make you dinner and get you the girl -- invest now!!

I mean the original shovel salesmen were working with the Gold Rush, so it was intensely based on the idea of 'future gains' of finding a gold vein and becoming rich off the mineral rights, so less far off than you think. The big difference is that in this analogy, the shovel salesman is also a rube who's been sold the idea that there's a gold rush coming by someone who fooled them with pyrite and sight unseen packed up all their stuff and moved out to the site that doesn't have any gold in it.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

tokin opposition posted:

what if we made rare earth minerals even rarer

What if we shoved every techbro into a hole and buried them alive

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

Dig hole with shovel, hit techbro with shovel.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Make the techbro dig the hole, call that passive income.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Would it not be better to break them down for useful minerals?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

So we've just decided to noun the verb "compute" I see

You know, I know the energy costs are just astronomical and it's not considered generally feasibly possible to fire something into the sun, but what if the world got together and just stuffed all of these fuckers and the billionaire class into a rocket and launched it into the sun anyway?

I mean, we don't need to have them travel from the Earth to the Sun in an hour, all you really need to do is get them off planet and not dragged into another planet's gravity and we're golden right? And even if they did, it's not like any of them are navigating themselves back by their own bootstraps.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Antigravitas posted:

The gently caress? No it's not

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

RareAcumen posted:

I mean, we don't need to have them travel from the Earth to the Sun in an hour, all you really need to do is get them off planet and not dragged into another planet's gravity and we're golden right? And even if they did, it's not like any of them are navigating themselves back by their own bootstraps.

It doesn't matter if we launch them into the sun or just into space far enough to escape gravity or maybe not. Once they're in space they're not going to last long unless we provide them with a massive support system which is going to be massively expensive. If they wanna pay to develop that technology we they leave behind can learn from it and spend our time and effort and whatever money the rich left behind saving the earth.

As long as they don't come back and allow us to harvest data from them and their voyage, similar to how we've been giving them our data for years.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
a bludgeon is cheaper.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

goblin week posted:

Yeah it is.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

goblin week posted:

we say that all the time op

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

RareAcumen posted:

They'll just be in a slightly different orbit than the earth. They won't eventually fall into the sun. Actually getting to the sun takes a lot of energy. You need to effectively cancel out nearly all of the orbital speed of earth. Escaping the solar system is easier, which also means that there is a more energy efficient but significantly slower way to launch things into the sun. You put it on a near-escape trajectory and then wait until it's really far out and going really slowly, and then a tiny impulse would be enough to make the orbit intersect the sun.

e: there's about 500,000 pounds worth of billionaires in the world. Rough guess is it would take a couple dozen Saturn Vs, tops.

Dr. Stab has a new favorite as of 23:38 on May 11, 2024

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Fellas, is it gay to like a gal with cheekbones?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Humanity invented a solution to rear end in a top hat rich people loving up everything for the rest of us over 200 years ago.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I think you could achieve a similar result to firing them into the sun by just detonating an EMP over burning man.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Modal Auxiliary posted:

Fellas, is it gay to like a gal with cheekbones?

One of the current trends in cosmetic surgery is removal of buccal fat to dramatically enhance the cheekbones.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Air Skwirl posted:

Humanity invented a solution to rear end in a top hat rich people loving up everything for the rest of us over 200 years ago.

That MC Escher-rear end geometry is breaking my brain

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Lemniscate Blue posted:

One of the current trends in cosmetic surgery is removal of buccal fat to dramatically enhance the cheekbones.

And it is horrifying 100% of the time.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

You don't need to shoot billionaires into the sun, just push them into orbit in a pod with no engines or thrusters and let them burn up on an uncontrolled reentry.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Guillotine is cheaper.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

why waste the fuel to send them to space, that's good carbon, potassium, and calcium on there. you could grow a lot of soy with elon musk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Flesh Forge posted:

.... they made her rear end and boobs smaller? :confused:

yes, just ... baffling

They changed a lot. Generally thinner, made her right hand smaller, gave her a boob lift, removed details from her face, thinned her eyebrows...basically anime'd her.