Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I think pretty famously it was one of the guys (the tall one) who had braces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

800peepee51doodoo
Mar 1, 2001

Volute the swarth, trawl betwixt phonotic
Scoff the festune

kdrudy posted:

I curious, what are they misremembering?

Probably the scene where Jaws lands back on earth after escaping the moon base and with a young woman. He smiles with his weird steel teeth and she smiles back. Lots of people (myself included!) had a false memory that she had braces but she doesn't. A lot of people are very mad that reality is different than they remember

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
it's true, I only collect Captain Beefheart albums to attract women

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
That guy is obviously engagement-baiting as it's immediately contradicted by the existence of League of Legends

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
When a man on the Internet makes a post that's a bunch of one-sentence paragraphs, that's a good indicator that it's not going to be worth reading.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Modal Auxiliary posted:

This is the most terminally car-brained country in the world, jfc

wait til you find out about Robert Moses :allears:

racism was baked into the very fabric of Urban Planning

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I have to keep my giant minecraft castle a secret lest I be overwhelmed by a tidal wave of women throwing themselves at me vagina first. Just dripping wet hurricanranas going off on me 24/7.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

I have to keep my giant minecraft castle a secret lest I be overwhelmed by a tidal wave of women throwing themselves at me vagina first. Just dripping wet hurricanranas going off on me 24/7.

If you update to a more recent version, they changed the water physics so this shouldn't happen anymore.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I am a dude with a motorcycle hobby and my motorcycles only seem to attract other men. How's that supposed to be a reproductive advantage?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Sagebrush posted:

I am a dude with a motorcycle hobby and my motorcycles only seem to attract other men. How's that supposed to be a reproductive advantage?

historically, form a gang and enslave women I guess

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
To keep the species going, I mutter to myself as I methodically apply undercoat to my Ultramarines.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

800peepee51doodoo posted:

Probably the scene where Jaws lands back on earth after escaping the moon base and with a young woman. He smiles with his weird steel teeth and she smiles back. Lots of people (myself included!) had a false memory that she had braces but she doesn't. A lot of people are very mad that reality is different than they remember

Yeah, it was this.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

You form a raiding party with your new compatriots and go attack a weaker tribe to steal their women.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!

Yngwie Mangosteen posted:

To keep the species going, I mutter to myself as I methodically apply undercoat to my Ultramarines.

Pfff nobody gets any pussy with Ultramarines. All the wild and freaky chicks are into Tyranids.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Bad news for musical theater, drag shows, and gay sex enthusiasts.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Brawnfire posted:

Re: Mandela Effect nonsense, this time regarding the film "Moonraker".

and another thing ,,,, stop making fun of the way we ,,,,,,,,,,,,, type

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

800peepee51doodoo posted:

TBF it is the obvious punchline and a huge missed opportunity on the films part

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

The scene is kind of recreated in reverse in Dodgeball, I wonder if anyone's thinking of Missi Pyles character

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I'll show u some messy piles.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I'll show u some messy piles.

I said to my doctor, as he prescribed me some Prep H

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

china bot posted:

it's true, I only collect Captain Beefheart albums to attract women
How's that going?

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

This Is the Zodiac posted:

How's that going?

Other night a woman came up and hit me like I wasn't even there!

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

When I hear the clattering of my husband sorting through a big box of assorted Lego I think "yeah time to gently caress"

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

BornAPoorBlkChild posted:

wait til you find out about Robert Moses :allears:

racism was baked into the very fabric of Urban Planning

I'm reading The Power Broker and oh boy

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

emSparkly posted:

Pfff nobody gets any pussy with Ultramarines. All the wild and freaky chicks are into Tyranids.

That and Nurgle apparently?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

RareAcumen posted:

That and Nurgle apparently?

I have been called the great unclean one but up to now it has not correlated with social success.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Ralph Crammed In posted:

When I hear the clattering of my husband sorting through a big box of assorted Lego I think "yeah time to gently caress"

Reminds me of the bit in Crazy Ex-Girlfriend where Paula's husband joins her in hyper-fixating on Rebecca's lovelife and as he's repeating what he's heard so far she's just like "It's so sexy when you listen..."

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Based on conversations I've had with women and the hobbies their significant others have, they're with them despite their hobbies, not because of them.

purplestuffedworm
Oct 11, 2012

Hey babe, my hobby is posting bio-truths on Elon Musk's X dot com, wanna go back to my place and get knocked up?

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Air Skwirl posted:

Based on conversations I've had with women and the hobbies their significant others have, they're with them despite their hobbies, not because of them.

:sever: and also become gay

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020
evo psych was a mistake and must be annihilated

mycatscrimes has a new favorite as of 04:41 on May 13, 2024

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008
That dude isn't saying "hobbies make women want you", he's making the (somehow stupider) assertion that men should choose hobbies purely for how attractive it makes them to women, with no regard to whether they (the men) even enjoy said hobbies. He's suggesting that a hobby is a waste of time if it doesn't attract women to you, even if you genuinely enjoy the hobby. That whole "only passing on your genes matters" brain poison.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

emSparkly posted:

I'm not sure how widespread it is but I do remember even way back when I used to be actively into it all the girls would apparently have Tyranids.

My mum thought Orks looked cute.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Someone posted a thing that fits here much better

Grondoth posted:

I have finally figured out, due to comments on the most recent Mega64 video, what people are mad about with Stellar Blade.

The story told is thus: The EN versions of costumes have slight changes to them. During a panel, the lead developer said that they changed it after an internal discussion and even though the other versions were on the disc, the ones the EN release have were intended to be there.
This, of course, is code. Code that Sony forced Stellar Blade to change it. Why? Blackrock.

That's right. The massive hedge fund. To quote:

a very reasonable and intelligent youtube commenter" posted:

Sony is beholden to an ESG rating due to 8% Blackrock ownership. Blackrock forces companies to have a certain amount of black women, ugly women, gays etc etc onto game companies in order to secure more funding. Essentially they don't have to pay to develop their own games out of pocket in exchange for making an ugly woman or w.e.

Yes, it's all coming together. ESG ratings are all about how many ugly women you have in your games, you see. That's what matters. Blackrock saying that 'sure we pay attention to those, for sure' means that they make ALL their decisions based around them! Blackrock's 8% share of the company means that they can use their immense voting power to force changes to localization for an action game Sony is publishing, even though Sony makes most of its money through electronics and financing!

DON'T YOU GET IT? WAKE UP PEOPLE

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Mr. Belpit posted:

That dude isn't saying "hobbies make women want you", he's making the (somehow stupider) assertion that men should choose hobbies purely for how attractive it makes them to women, with no regard to whether they (the men) even enjoy said hobbies. He's suggesting that a hobby is a waste of time if it doesn't attract women to you, even if you genuinely enjoy the hobby. That whole "only passing on your genes matters" brain poison.

If you are looking to meet a woman doing activities where you meet other people is a decent idea, but there's so many hobbies where you aren't going to meet many people. I dunno though, being a huge comic book nerd got Matt Fraction to meet his wife?

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

RareAcumen posted:

Someone posted a thing that fits here much better

Ok if we can weaponize sad nerds against Blackrock I'm for it.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Yngwie Mangosteen posted:

Ok if we can weaponize sad nerds against Blackrock I'm for it.

GTA V had a whole subplot like that but it was about real poo poo, not anime tiddies so no one cared, lol.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Oh wait, that's Blackwater. Whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I'm not sure how widespread it is but I do remember even way back when I used to be actively into it all the girls would apparently have Tyranids.

My mum thought Orks looked cute.

I'd go for a Necron woman.