Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

Phy posted:

Where the heck did that thing come from

(If we ever need to replace :iia:...)

Threw it together around the Annie teacup strip. If smilies weren't so expensive, we could all :mortwithit:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

GodFish posted:

Alternatively

Can the ether and the human mind combine to create beings as strong as Mort or myself?

This is so freaking cool. I love it.

Pyradox
Oct 23, 2012

...some kind of monster, I think.

It gets said a lot, but I'll say it again, the art in this comic is fantastic.

Mazerunner posted:

What if the Avatar Fairy doesn't exist, except by our collective belief in it?

That would be the most appropriate thing.

I'm really hoping the whole collective belief retconning the universe thing turns out to be the case. Although Jones said it was a thought experiment though so I'm wondering if she has an alternate hypothesis.

damn chimera
Jan 31, 2007

EMERGENCY
EMERGENCY
EMERGENCY

Mazerunner posted:

The avatar fairy put the stars in the sky

Or rather, the tea in our avatars

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Freudian posted:

Panel 3 looks like a profile photo.

"hi im coyote and welcome to my tumblr ^^ wanna giv a shoutout to my bff RENARD <3<3<3 miss u bbz talk more!! just so u know this is mostly a homestuck blog so if youre not into that you might wanna... give this a miss XD"

Holy poo poo, Coyote would love the internet so much

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.

Mazerunner posted:

The Avatar Fairy didn't always always exist, but the moment it was asserted that it did, it did.

AntimatterSpork
Apr 23, 2008

Modéré, je vous prie.
what if the avatar fairy is in fact a different sort of spirit. perhaps an avatar ghost.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I prefer to think that the Avatar Fairy lives in all of our hearts. You just have to open it up and let it out. Not with obsidian knives, though. That line of experimentation turned out to be a lot of mess for nothing.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
I have been blessed, thanks Avatar Fairy! :allears:

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

He just looks so :3:

Arthur Crackpot
Sep 4, 2011

Proceed in a str8 line shaped like a perpetually shifting torus knot until you feel a sense of despair transcending all mortal comprehension, then hang a right at the next octopus, she'll be in the first room on the left

Tollymain posted:

I prefer to think that the Avatar Fairy lives in all of our hearts. You just have to open it up and let it out. Not with obsidian knives, though. That line of experimentation turned out to be a lot of mess for nothing.

We are all the Avatar Fairy :tinfoil:

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
Gunnerkrigg re-read revelation station.

Jimmy Jims wanted Jones to be in the school photo, but Surma despises her. This may have to do with the fact that Jones looks and acts like a grown woman, never mind the reality of her nature.

I'm surprised the other kids didn't feel weirder about it.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Mort.

(it's the new wallpaper, go give Tom money)

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

MoonwalkInvincible posted:

Mort.

I threw my dollars at it. drat that's awesome.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Merry Christmas, kids.

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

Shadow and Robot are basically the Troy and Abed of the court.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Does that make Boxbot the Britta?

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.

MikeJF posted:

Does that make Boxbot the Britta?

Boxbot is season two clingy Chang.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
If belief give birth to the supernatural, are Parley and Smitty gifted with supernatural powers also because of that? Does it make them etheric creatures beings of the etherium? And what exactly is Zimmy?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Belief shapes things and creatures out of the etherium through the afterlife-processing-plant system, but that may not be the only source of extranormal.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
In Zimmy's case, it seems as if she has an exaggerated version of the human effect on the ether. Her beliefs, feelings, and fears give rise to alternate realities which can impinge directly on this one.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?

idonotlikepeas posted:

In Zimmy's case, it seems as if she has an exaggerated version of the human effect on the ether. Her beliefs, feelings, and fears give rise to alternate realities which can impinge directly on this one.
It's like One Piece's "haki". She can punch Annie's dad in the face because she believes she can.

witchcore ricepunk
Jul 6, 2003

The Golden Witch
Who Solved the Epitaph

A Probability of 1/2,578,917

MoonwalkInvincible posted:

Mort.

Oh my gosh, this is so adorable!

Clam Chowdown
May 8, 2006

That's an unacceptable answer, Donny!
Yes it is, and I just set in on my desktop. Thank you, Tom!

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

The Court trying to manipulate the etherium? Called it.

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.
Oh, the tangled webs we weave. :allears: I love the machinations going on here.

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

YOU CAN'T MOVE WITH ME IN THIS DIGITAL SPACE
I guess that old line about the Court being "Man's endeavor to become God" has taken on a more literal shade of meaning. Cool.

I wonder if this story won't ultimately end with the loss of/separation from the ether. That could get Kat out of whatever dark territory she may or may not be headed into, and solve Annie's "dying from children" issue. Potentially, at least. On the other hand, Mort :smith:

Haledjian fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Dec 3, 2012

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Haledjian posted:

That could get Kat out of whatever dark territory she may or may not be headed into, and solve Annie's "dying from children" issue. Potentially, at least. On the other hand, Mort :smith:

Mort will become Annie's son.

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

How Oedipal.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Haledjian posted:

I guess that old line about the Court being "Man's endeavor to become God" has taken on a more literal shade of meaning. Cool.

I wonder if this story won't ultimately end with the loss of/separation from the ether. That could get Kat out of whatever dark territory she may or may not be headed into, and solve Annie's "dying from children" issue. Potentially, at least. On the other hand, Mort :smith:

I really hope that doesn't happen. For some reason stories that kill off the magical element at the end just annoy me.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Haledjian posted:

Technically, Annie would die if the world was seperated from the ether, as the fire elemental "seed" inside her keeps her alive, hence why when she has a child she will slowly die as the elemental seed is passed on.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

Haledjian posted:

Ehhhhh. That would a) probably utterly destroy humanity as we know it and replace it with something entirely different b) might destroy the universe entirely, since all of the entities created by it have a fair amount of very real power and would probably object to being cut off from realty.

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

It would probably do whatever works best thematically, because it's magic and can do whatever the author decides.

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together
Some of you may find this desirable.

http://www.topatoco.com/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=TO&Product_Code=GK-VOL02&Category_Code=BOOKS-COLLECTIONS

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Merry Christmas, me!

Also nabbed one of those blue and red court symbol shirts, like I totally said I would.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Figures it'd be available there where Tea-san could get money more directly right after I got mine from some third party. A third party which deemed it appropriate to use the oddest packaging method I've seen for a book so far:

It's like they sealed it inside a piece of cardboard. It was mostly weird due to the size and because it didn't want to fold along the edges.

Do we have a good idea of when volume 4 will come out? Like in the past has there been a decent delay after the comics were up on the site, or should we be basically expecting it a few months after we get between 260~300 more pages from the end of volume 3? Actually I guess that puts us at the end of this arc or maybe the next one if it sticks with the pattern.

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

Did a comic go up before the site went down? What is life

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
When I didn't see the new comic up at midnight it confused me enough that I thought it was actually tuesday/thursday.

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

The Court's meddling has caused a time rift. It's meta-storytelling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

GodFish posted:

When I didn't see the new comic up at midnight it confused me enough that I thought it was actually tuesday/thursday.

Conversely, when I saw the site was having trouble loading I knew it was Wednesday.