Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Out here, everything hurts.

Scathach posted:

Definitely not awful at all! I left a toxic, 7.5yr marriage not long ago. I can't believe how different I look and feel. One of my friends told me, "Welcome back to the world of the living." Very apt. I just got engaged to someone that values me just as I am and treats me like a person should be treated. I can't believe how much I'd missed out on without even knowing it.

Glad you got out. Everyone deserves to be happy. And for what it's worth you look pretty as gently caress sans hair-- and you'll find a good person that loves you living your life just like you want to.

Thank-you!! Congratulations on your engagement! And I think that in some ways we are lucky, because we really do know what a person looks like now, who values you and treats you well. I missed nearly all of my 20's, and it showed for a long time, but I am back baby! And as disgusting as some people think it is, most folks seem to like me a lot better now. Being around a douchebag so much sometimes turns you into a bit of one as well!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Thanks! I'm excited as hell. And yeah, at least we both know what red flags to look for. The poo poo part is that about fifteen of my friends-- including one deceased friend's mother-- came forward after to tell me they saw how bad it was getting and were happy I got out. I mean, I was too dumb and in love and so worried about "fixing" things that I wouldn't have listened to them if they came to me when I had been married, but drat.

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

The first several times that I met his friends, they all told me what an rear end in a top hat he was. They were being genuine, I thought they were just being smartass friends. They are now... my friends.. and not his. Infact, many people told me what a jackass he was. I feel like you aren't supposed to speak ill of the dead or something... but I think he's just dead to me, not the world ----poor world. I think that I can have one day to feel irritated about it. I pretty much never think of him anymore. And by pretty much I mean.. never, really.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
I'm married and love my wife. Also my dogs. PS my grandpa is dying of cancer in his bed next to me. Drinking some beer and hoping he makes it through the night

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

:( best wishes RC's grandpa

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Not to shift the tone too much but today I was supposed to buy a turkey roast but got pork instead.
It's gonna be delicious anyway :unsmith:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Inzombiac posted:

Not to shift the tone too much but today I was supposed to buy a turkey roast but got pork instead.
It's gonna be delicious anyway :unsmith:
Did you also get mashed potatoes?

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

drat, RC :glomp:

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

It just sucks that he's going so fast. My uncle(his son) died of liver/pancreatic cancer in December. He found out he had metastasized bladder cancer in January and it looks like he's gonna die this weekend. Also found out my grandma's(on the other side) cancer came back and is in her gall bladder, liver, spleen, and colon. And today she found out the person filing her paperwork hosed up and she can't get her chemo this Wednesday and they're demanding she pay for her last session that wasn't pre approved because her doctor hosed up. So she's super upset. It can probably get fixed with a few phone calls but now she's questioning if it's worth it to even get it and just let the cancer take her... kinda sad atm

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Sorry I'm venting here. I'm the optimist in the family and can't talk about it to anyone

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Vent as much as you need, friend!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I ripped half my finger scab off accidentally this evening. That was annoying.

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

That's absolutely awful. No one here will complain about you talking about what's going on.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

gently caress cancer

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Josh Lyman posted:

Did you also get mashed potatoes?

Yeah, made them in an pressure cooker and some brussel sprouts.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

RC Cola posted:

gently caress cancer

Agreed. gently caress cancer. My fiance has had it in the form of spinal tumors for the past two years, but he got lucky and as of two months ago it's in remission. Cancer scares the hell outta me. Vent all you want.

E: vv yeah he's sweet as hell, honestly a big teddybear. I met his dog before I met him, Mr. Beefy has the same temperament.

Scathach has a new favorite as of 06:15 on Feb 24, 2017

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Scathach posted:

Also means I now have a cute puppy

And a big brown dog too

New dude looks like a sweetheart :kimchi:

E: oh wow bad news page, sorry errybody

Somfin has a new favorite as of 06:03 on Feb 24, 2017

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Is this from a political rally/march? I've been going to a lot of those recently.

bless you for being active in this kind of stuff

RC Cola posted:

It just sucks that he's going so fast. My uncle(his son) died of liver/pancreatic cancer in December. He found out he had metastasized bladder cancer in January and it looks like he's gonna die this weekend.

sometimes that can be a mercy, my father passed away sometime ago and cancer took him quick and hard; he felt it was for the best since it didn't take him so fast that he couldn't make appropriate preparations but neither did he stick around for very long in that miserable state either

i hope you're doing alright yourself :gbsmith:

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
My grandfather on my mother's side had a stroke a few years back. He had trouble communicating, the wrong words coming out, and eventually couldn't speak at all as time wore on. My grandmother couldn't take care of him after a while, and he had to be put into a nursing home. He languished there for too long. I barely visited him, which I definitely feel like an rear end in a top hat for, but it was so hard to see him like that. He passed away last October, and I did feel some relief. It seemed to me like he had died awhile back, and his body just caught up. I know we don't really know what's going on inside the head of someone like that, but I imagine if there's anything like consciousness going on, it must be hell. So for him not to suffer anymore, I was relieved. But I also realized, at the funeral, how much I missed him, and that hurt. I am sure I would have been more upset if he had died suddenly without going through what he did, but through the lens of what he did go through, I feel like that might have been better for him, ultimately. The human body sucks sometimes.

Sad grandpa chat is a bummer.

Is that a Nails shirt? Or something with the same font?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My maternal grandmother and maternal great-grandmother were the only grandparents still alive when I was born. :smith: Now just my grandmother. So I only understand grandfathers as a concept.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm the weed tray.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Hey guys, you know what's cool? Weed. Any of you smoked a weed before?

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Kitchner posted:

I know cool. And cool's teamin' up with a good balanced breakfast.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kitchner posted:

That actually just looks like a cigar.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
Weed is cool.

And good.

IMHO

Norse Code
Mar 10, 2007

DON'T AWOO - $350 PENALTY

It snowed an inch so of course everyone is driving like an idiot.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I lost my grandma to cancer and my grandpa to alzheimer's. Both were awful to witness amd difficult to talk about.

So here's a picture of the guilty spider monkey, Mel.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
She even looks like an evil finger biting monkey.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Mel was framed. :colbert:

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

Detective Thompson posted:

Is that a Nails shirt? Or something with the same font?

It's a Reagan Youth shirt, this one specifically.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/172427581555?roken=cUgayN&_mwBanner=1

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

whiteyfats posted:

I'm the weed tray.

I'm the green boy shorts

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

This is my friend Kulani. She's staying at the clinic because her owner passed and his family can't take care of her. Unfortunately I'm not in the position to give her a home but I do give her plenty of attention and scritches and I'm her favorite person there :3:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

It 79*F in February but climate change was totally made up by China right

Josh Lyman has a new favorite as of 22:40 on Feb 24, 2017

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

This is my friend Kulani. She's staying at the clinic because her owner passed and his family can't take care of her. Unfortunately I'm not in the position to give her a home but I do give her plenty of attention and scritches and I'm her favorite person there :3:

I wish I could take this birb, but I can't even have my own where I'm staying right now.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Kitchner posted:

What is the point of this comment? Are you mad at me? What's the issue here?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Kitchner posted:

So I took a poo poo selfie while walking between stations on the London underground:

I just wanted to share the love really despite my inferior selfie skills.

Also its loving hot down here. In the summer the underground actually reaches heat levels at which it's considered inhumane to transport cattle, but humans are fair game.

Jesus dude, lose some weight already.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LifeSunDeath posted:

Jesus dude, lose some weight already.

:drat:

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Update is grandpa is alive still, but if he makes it through the weekend I'll eat my shoes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Oh HEY! You would love my dumbass bird Charlie! He is so cute! If you ignore the broken keyboards and constant chattering, he is amazing. Serious, I love him. His favorite thing is judging me harshly while I clean his outdoor enclosure.