Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

crazy cloud posted:

tara, enid, henry, grace under fire, highwaymen, and redshirts

lol cool they all suck

whisperers....good?!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

moist turtleneck posted:

lol cool they all suck

whisperers....good?!?

hey now, the highwaymen were cooler than any other recent characters :colbert:

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
RIP Enid, you shoulda died when you ate raw turtle

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
They only need to kill like 5 more people to make the cast manageable.

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
I like how they killed all the teenagers, so there's now no one left except one 10 year old and a bunch of people who must be nearing 50 according to the timeline.

Got to give a big shout out to Ezekiels Paper Mache Tiger also.

Tortuga fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Mar 25, 2019

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Tortuga posted:

I like how they killed all the teenagers, so there's now no one left except one 10 year old and a bunch of people who must be nearing 50 according to the timeline.

Got to give a big shout out to Ezekiels Paper Mache Tiger also.

There's still one teenager left; a white guy named Gage. They might try to make him Carl 3.0 since the Whisperers effectively wiped out all his drinking buddies.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

The prospect of Daryl using Hobo Combat and Lydia using her Skinwalker skills to murder up some folk is actually appealing to me. For the first time in a long time I could see the show doing some things that'd interest me.

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Apparently it's gonna be snowing in the finale. This should obviously be an easy ride for the people living in heated houses full of stored food compared to the idots wrapped in skin in the woods. I don't expect much to go wrong for the good guys.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
lmao this exposition where Tara decides it would a good idea for the communities to talk and interact with each other and help each other

go years and years and be like maybe we should help each other because there are savages out there of every type??

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
lol Henry dumb as hell not showing lydia something he sort of understands and just leaving her by herself in a new world

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Can you believe that people thought Henry would be the new Carl? That character was obviously doomed from the start. Which I didn't mind, because I skip all of the teen drama scenes in this show.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I appreciated the flashbacks/flashparallels of people looking for the piked people's heads cause I would've only recognized Tara and Henry

Enid's head looked fuuuuuuucked up

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
what the hell did alpha run out with a whole bag of heads lmao

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

moist turtleneck posted:

what the hell did alpha run out with a whole bag of heads lmao

please photoshop Alpha into the 8 Heads in a Duffel Bag movie poster

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
okay nevermind it's way more confusing that they were all alive in this barn

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Tortuga posted:

Apparently it's gonna be snowing in the finale. This should obviously be an easy ride for the people living in heated houses full of stored food compared to the idots wrapped in skin in the woods. I don't expect much to go wrong for the good guys.

years of "why is it always summer or early autumn" go by, and this is the plot where they choose to have scenes in the winter

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Johnny Truant posted:

I appreciated the flashbacks/flashparallels of people looking for the piked people's heads cause I would've only recognized Tara and Henry

Enid's head looked fuuuuuuucked up

Well surely you would have recognized Glasses Girl, as they conveniently left on her Main Personality Characteristic Accessory.

Was legit shocked though that was Brett Butler. Didn't recognize her at all in any of the previous episodes and didn't realize it til she showed up on Talking Dead.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Johnny Truant posted:

hey now, the highwaymen were cooler than any other recent characters :colbert:

Yeah plus they seemed reasonably competent so of course they have to die when they join up with this group of idiots.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
Props to Alpha for being able to control that horde.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm surprised you can't hear the whisperers balls clanking together.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

moist turtleneck posted:

RIP Enid, you shoulda died when you ate raw turtle

Remember when people thought she would be Alpha's kid? Too bad all her plots died when Carl did.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

bobjr posted:

Remember when people thought she would be Alpha's kid? Too bad all her plots died when Carl did.

I do remember that, and that would have been way better, honestly.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

It’s cool how Lydia now has literally no connection to the group so her place in the show makes no sense. In the comics she’s with Carl. He and Andrea take Lydia away from Alexandria because everyone knows she’s Alpha’s daughter and want to retaliate / use her to get to Alpha or just kill her. Carl protects her throughout the Whisperer war and she even has a cool moment where she makes the decision to stay and protect Hilltop against the whisperers.

In the show the one kid that would vouch for her is a piked head now lmao.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i like that the scientologist is dead.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Oh god I didn't realize that Tara was that kooky

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer
My DVR cut off when Alpha snuck into the theater and put her finger to her lips. I was like "Well I guess that's one way to do an ending. Not what I'd have gone with, but maybe they're doing the pike wall for the finale." AMC has the full episode on their site.

The interaction between Carol and Daryl at the pikes was pretty solid imo.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

It’s cool how Lydia now has literally no connection to the group so her place in the show makes no sense. In the comics she’s with Carl. He and Andrea take Lydia away from Alexandria because everyone knows she’s Alpha’s daughter and want to retaliate / use her to get to Alpha or just kill her. Carl protects her throughout the Whisperer war and she even has a cool moment where she makes the decision to stay and protect Hilltop against the whisperers.

In the show the one kid that would vouch for her is a piked head now lmao.

Yeah i think that's why I was actually surprised they killed the new Carl. But then again I was also surprised when they killed off old Carl for no real reason.

Imagine if that was old Carls head on the pike, that would've been insane.

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

Ok, so I'll give the show props cause I was certain all 3 main characters were done and dead.

I'm kinda tired of this show just having a big bad of the season.

I was kinda hoping for something more this season. But nope we get a group of magical forest people who can control zombies, somehow have an army of people.

I think the dumbest part is why does she want territory? I joked to my wife multiple times this isnt the dumb west but with zombies. Like in a western thered be oil or some poo poo on the land shes protecting. But what the gently caress to the whisperers need land for? Maybe I missed it and its sacred hunting ground or some poo poo.

And I wonder who would win in the winter, a bunch of campers with no shelter and who's only weapon is a horde frozen to snowbanks or 4 communities with heat, food and shelter.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

moist turtleneck posted:

Oh god I didn't realize that Tara was that kooky

She's Masterson of Planet Xenu kooky.

Tehdas
Dec 30, 2012

Optimus_Rhyme posted:

I think the dumbest part is why does she want territory?

Historically nomads are quite happy to conquer sedentary kingdoms, for loot, and to make into vassals.

Optimus_Rhyme posted:

I joked to my wife multiple times this isnt the dumb west but with zombies. Like in a western thered be oil or some poo poo on the land shes protecting. But what the gently caress to the whisperers need land for?
A place to keep their herd, rights to scavenge the old world towns, and also hunting (notice in the camp they appear to be skinning animals) (which indicates that apparently wild animals are surviving despite the zombies?).

Optimus_Rhyme posted:

And I wonder who would win in the winter, a bunch of campers with no shelter and who's only weapon is a horde frozen to snowbanks or 4 communities with heat, food and shelter.

If the whispers are good at living off the land, it actually puts the settlements at a disadvantage, they can be cut off from their fields. Also given that it's somewhere near Washington, it doesn't get that cold in winter.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Tara did last a long time for a character who was just kind of there after the Governor died.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I think we've moved on from Black Highlander to lesbian Highlander. New chick smooches her boo and Tara immediately dies, hmmmm

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

bobjr posted:

Tara did last a long time for a character who was just kind of there after the Governor died.

Hey, she did manage to fail up when the previous 3 leaders of Hilltop were killed or quit.

I suppose Sayid will be running it now, after that speech.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
the speech cracked me up

"i guess she left me to tell the story after she told me she left me alive to tell the story" -- a doctor

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I mean, he did say they clubbed him over the head. Might just be the concussion's fault Siddiq said that.

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

xtal posted:

The plot-relevant ones are Tara, Enid and Henry

I quit watching after the 8th season and just lol that henry is considered plot-relevant now.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I didn't pay attention enough, how big of an area did the whisperers cut out? Also it makes no sense that they have a bajillion people when needed when they get offed all the drat time

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

kanonvandekempen posted:

I quit watching after the 8th season and just lol that henry is considered plot-relevant now.

Almost all of this episode was about Henry, which is how you knew he would die.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Man, if only Morgan were still around, they'd finally have a time in the plot where both he and Carol flipped to murder-crazy at the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I wonder what alpha was looking for when she said that the kingdom et al didn't have what they wanted