Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
hit me with zero days
hit me!

https://twitter.com/bleepincomputer/status/1353926389674684417

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

welp now hes going on about bikers and what not.

just checked stats, breaking & entering in my neighborhood has dropped from 1.22 cases per 100 citizens to 0.13 in the last 10 years. its a completely non-existent problem

anyway he also mentions setting up a fake camera so im gonna push for that lol

Carthag Tuek fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Jan 26, 2021

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Carthag Tuek posted:

just checked stats, breaking & entering in my neighborhood has dropped from 1.22 cases per 100 citizens to 0.13 in the last 10 years. its a completely non-existent problem

get him to pay you to install one of those absolute bullshit extremely obvious fake cameras but it is in fact a real camera controlled by you

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

lol no way im loving around like that

Jewel
May 2, 2009

new tumblr-esque blogging site called "pillowfort" that's been ramping up over the past few years in a closed beta (just opened recently) has some pretty glaring issues :rolleyes:

https://twitter.com/kobldexe/status/1353897827131338752

https://twitter.com/greg_p_kennedy/status/1353901708913606656

https://twitter.com/greg_p_kennedy/status/1353935121477468160

people also made the usernames "community" and "posts" and it's breaking horribly there too. four years of beta testing yall

Jewel fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Jan 26, 2021

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

wtf is pillowfort

mystes
May 31, 2006

For four years of beta testing you've been asking "What is pillowfort?"

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

wtf is pillowfort

apparently its a new tumbler-esque blogging site full of security problems.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

wtf is pillowfort

an accurate description of the level of security and reliability of their platform apparently.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

mystes posted:

For four years of beta testing you've been asking "What is pillowfort?"

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
A miserable little pile of bad design decisions.

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica
Looking at their pitch page, it's apparently a tumblr with better antiharassment tools and NSFW content.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Carthag Tuek posted:

bikers? like the hell's angels or just like tori commuting to work?

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

lmao this is a 90s era sec gently caress

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

Shame Boy posted:

the scariest crime doers northern europeans can conceive of other than immigrants is biker gangs

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

man i wish i lived somewhere where the pearl clutching was about loving biker gangs and not just dogwhistle racism, that sounds like it would make nextdoor a lot more fun

"i saw a teen i didn't recognize on a moped drive through do you think he's getting ready to do a gang initiation murder and 'earn his leathers' as they say??"

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Shame Boy posted:

I’d be boarding up the windows too if I was on Tori’s commute

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

The Fool posted:

I’d be boarding up the windows too if I was on Tori’s commute

you’d only really have to worry about basement windows

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

all i can think about whenever biker gangs come up is this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4t_c_aEYJvg

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

PPDSPEMFOBBT Bithc

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

PCjr sidecar posted:

you’d only really have to worry about basement windows

L

M

A

O

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Shame Boy posted:

yeah hells angels, bandidos, etc. they used to have a pretty big presence in the next street over, but tbh i havent seen them in years. idk where he sees them

PCjr sidecar posted:

the scariest crime doers northern europeans can conceive of other than immigrants is biker gangs

actually white criminals are ok to a lot of people

they were pretty bad in the 90s but are being pushed out by other gangs such as loyal to familia. anyway its small beer compared to other countries.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Nordic_Biker_War

Carthag Tuek fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Jan 26, 2021

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

People have been telling Pillowfort for years "You don't know enough about software, hire somebody", but were met with la la la we'll work really hard.

e: I can't give cites and I have a blurry memory, but I think they've had security issues before.

Arsenic Lupin fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Jan 26, 2021

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

PCjr sidecar posted:

Roma.

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
my mom thought that bicycles being locked to stop signs were a signal from criminals to other criminals about buying drugs or something.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
“a biker gang demands the answer” was one of my maths prof’s go-to scenarios for applied calculus

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Clark Nova posted:

a lot of people in a position to be able to afford to pay some guy to wire up their entire house with surveillance cameras also have hired help in the home who they want to micromanage and abuse

i had a cleaning lady steal a bunch of money from me when she told her boyfriend about some money i had in my home, and they kicked in my back door and took it.

i didnt have cameras but i did have nosey neighbors who saw people she didnt recognize and took a picture of them leaving my house, which led to them being caught.

the girl lost her kids and home and the dude went to prison again.

they both owed me full restitution so i made a profit from it lol.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
SecFuck: crime pays double or nothing

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

i had a cleaning lady steal a bunch of money from me when she told her boyfriend about some money i had in my home, and they kicked in my back door and took it.

i didnt have cameras but i did have nosey neighbors who saw people she didnt recognize and took a picture of them leaving my house, which led to them being caught.

the girl lost her kids and home and the dude went to prison again.

they both owed me full restitution so i made a profit from it lol.

Sick story bro sounds like they got totally owned. Servants should never strike their betters (?)

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica

Phobeste posted:

Sick story bro sounds like they got totally owned. Servants should never strike their betters (?)

The moral of the story is that the boyfriend should have come alone.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
he still would've been caught and they narrowly missed getting castle doctrine'd by 5-10 minutes.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

that’s a very sad story to share but yes, thank god you didn’t kill them for stealing your cash too

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

he still would've been caught and they narrowly missed getting castle doctrine'd by 5-10 minutes.

What's the amount of cash that would have been worth killing some kids father over ? Asking for a friend

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

hell yeah bro George Zimmerman their asses

love to shoot people over money, LOVE IT

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

jre posted:

What's the amount of cash that would have been worth killing some kids father over ? Asking for a friend

1¢ clearly, it's the principle of the thing for CEB.

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

https://twitter.com/UnderTheBreach/status/1349671417625931778

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

are you the dude from parasite

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

I can't judge. I designed an extremely FCC unapproved device that would (theoretically) lock all the cart wheels in a grocery store b/c the cashier initiated cash back when I wasn't looking. It was a lot of work and research over $30, but it was the principle. In the end my blood cooled off and someone pointed out that people might have kids in the front of the cart that would get startled.

It's just an invisible dog fence

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

yeah let's not post controversial opinions here like "people who do crimes should go to jail"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

DuckConference posted:

yeah let's not post controversial opinions here like "people who do crimes should go to jail"

Do you want to know how I got this red text?