Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I might just be scraping the bottom of the barrel here

https://x.com/aresmen1/status/1791752403332837522

https://x.com/SteakFrankhouse/status/1791686205970546914

https://x.com/LAPUTAPANCHIKO/status/1791732726061474059

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

RareAcumen posted:

I might just be scraping the bottom of the barrel here

https://x.com/aresmen1/status/1791752403332837522

Need more information about what the rest of Captain Fish-For-a-Head's crew looks like before determining if this is woke or no

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

credburn posted:

Need more information about what the rest of Captain Fish-For-a-Head's crew looks like before determining if this is woke or no

plug his stats into Blizzard’s Diverse-o-Meter and you’ll be sure

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Every time Kimmel hosts the Oscars or something I imagine Carolla spending his night getting hammered alone in his home.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
What do you mean, he's got that sweet, sweet syndicated radio show money.

Edit:does he even still have a radio show?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
I remember some video appearance he did with Dennis Prager and Carolla told a ~joke~ that was so bluntly racist and unfunny that even Dennis loving Prager cringed

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1791928916564922473

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

credburn posted:

I know I'm an idiot on social media, but --

When someone says "yt", that's the same as saying "whitey," meaning specifically it's meant to be a slur, right? I am a white guy and sure don't care one way or the other if people are using slurs about white folk, it's just that sometimes I'm really not sure what the tone of the message is. My little cousin has used this in texts and I'm pretty sure she actually doesn't mean it as a slur... or maybe she does. Most everywhere else it seems to be :confused:

Clarified question: do people use "yt" ever to just indicate someone is Caucasian, or is it always in the context of making fun of them / being angry at them?

I prefer cracker rear end

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/SamWise24/status/1791734705257103732?t=wpEDddl-kZubstXAaNretw&s=19

I think there are tons of Western countries that are better than America, but the UK has dropped off that list in the last 6 years or so, and also, under this argument, he thinks it's wrong for someone fleeing a genocide to criticize immigration laws that would send them back to a genocide.

Edit: for the tl;Dr on the case, someone was convicted by a 10-1 vote in a jury trial and the defense was forbidden from speaking to the press, and Americans were surprised you don't need a unanimous verdict and the incredibly broad stroke of gag orders in the UK.

Air Skwirl has a new favorite as of 06:00 on May 19, 2024

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/ask_aubry/status/1792012397231677581?t=pYs1nky33NThtCD6E4dXUw&s=19

I assume they "can't cook" thing means he expects her to make all the meals, which means "having a driver's license" being a deal breaker really dumb, because you're just signing up for doing all of the grocery shopping.

The whole thing is horrible and he should be on some sort of list but the driver's license thing really stuck out. I think his ideal woman is a sex doll with a built-in toaster oven.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Air Skwirl posted:

https://twitter.com/ask_aubry/status/1792012397231677581?t=pYs1nky33NThtCD6E4dXUw&s=19

I assume they "can't cook" thing means he expects her to make all the meals, which means "having a driver's license" being a deal breaker really dumb, because you're just signing up for doing all of the grocery shopping.

The whole thing is horrible and he should be on some sort of list but the driver's license thing really stuck out. I think his ideal woman is a sex doll with a built-in toaster oven.

This is just a list of red flags. It's so blatant that I can't even mock it, because this is beyond 'don't be alone with them' this is like, 'factory reset your phone if they are in the same building as you' levels. Having a rating system for women to fail is already reasons to disengage but Twitter has been around for like 17 years, not having an account at all is a weird thing to demand of people.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

RareAcumen posted:

This is just a list of red flags. It's so blatant that I can't even mock it, because this is beyond 'don't be alone with them' this is like, 'factory reset your phone if they are in the same building as you' levels. Having a rating system for women to fail is already reasons to disengage but Twitter has been around for like 17 years, not having an account at all is a weird thing to demand of people.

are you proposing that the author of that list has poor judgement?

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Air Skwirl posted:

She has to be hot but she also can't know how to work out. She has to be hot but also she has to hide it. She has to be hot but she can't do it on her own

I guess I'm not surprised the dude has never personally known an attractive woman

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
"can think for herself" is a little on the nose

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
your score on this predicts your children's future ACE score

e: if you think this joke is in poor taste, 7

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008

Sagebrush posted:

"can think for herself" is a little on the nose

That one had me thinking it's just medium-effort bait, yeah.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
the dude who made that list has almost certainly gotten in trouble for sexually harassing people

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

this account sucks, posts nothing but reddit rage bait.

HelleSpud
Apr 1, 2010

6 months ago ~~

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Air Skwirl posted:

Americans were surprised you don't need a unanimous verdict

Oregon and Louisiana only recently started requiring unanimity, like past four years recent.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

caveat: I love Paul F Tompkins

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

PFT is pretty funny normally but that's a poo poo attempt at a joke.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

Geez, I have actually seen this and am not 75. I don't know for certain that I saw it at the time, but it seems familiar. (Unlike something like the infamous Tokio Jokio which I only saw as an adult.) I remember that during the early to mid 90s, they were editing out some of the racist content in those old cartoons. It was noticeable because I was there in the transition and saw them many times pre-edit. One very obvious one was when they re-dubbed the maid character in the Tom and Jerry cartoons, which I am today years old when I realize that the character was protested at the time by the NAACP in 1950s and they then left that on broadcast television for children for another forty years.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

teen witch posted:

caveat: I love Paul F Tompkins

Nah. Willybongka is the IOSM here. Not every tweet about smiling at dogs and babies needs to be a sermon about people fighting secret battles. Certainly not worthy of being "grossed the gently caress out"

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Magnetic North posted:

Geez, I have actually seen this and am not 75. I don't know for certain that I saw it at the time, but it seems familiar. (Unlike something like the infamous Tokio Jokio which I only saw as an adult.) I remember that during the early to mid 90s, they were editing out some of the racist content in those old cartoons. It was noticeable because I was there in the transition and saw them many times pre-edit. One very obvious one was when they re-dubbed the maid character in the Tom and Jerry cartoons, which I am today years old when I realize that the character was protested at the time by the NAACP in 1950s and they then left that on broadcast television for children for another forty years.

I didn't go looking for content in this thread but I also saw a Tom & Jerry clip on twitter that was Jerry and that grey baby mouse he has to keep protecting doing a mammy stereotype with shoe polish a hair bandana and big red lips. I loved the show back in the 2000's and that stuff had been effectively edited out so well that I assumed that Mammy Two Shoes' design with the polka dot skirt/dress/apron was the only thing left since I had no idea about the earlier history at the time. The Nazi Donald Duck episode and the Looney Tunes dice hypnotizing black people bits had come up somehow but nothing about Tom & Jerry doing it.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

RareAcumen posted:

I didn't go looking for content in this thread but I also saw a Tom & Jerry clip on twitter that was Jerry and that grey baby mouse he has to keep protecting doing a mammy stereotype with shoe polish a hair bandana and big red lips.

There was a bunch of that yikesy :whitewater: minstrelsy poo poo. You can see the throughline because the originals were influenced by the existing history of theatre in the 20s and comedy staples like the Little Rascals soot in the face or the exploding cigar prank. Still, the fact that this racist legacy stretched into the loving Jazz-paper-cup flying-toaster nineteen-ninties is inconceivable in hindsight.

The one I remember specifically was in Droopy's Good Deed which I think I recall seeing broadcast uncensored. It's pretty infamous by now.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Platystemon posted:

Oregon and Louisiana only recently started requiring unanimity, like past four years recent.

The vast majority of Americans don't live in those states. My main point was "you have a bad law, you can't comment on our laws," is really loving dumb.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

grittyreboot posted:

Nah. Willybongka is the IOSM here. Not every tweet about smiling at dogs and babies needs to be a sermon about people fighting secret battles. Certainly not worthy of being "grossed the gently caress out"

Actually it is pretty loving gross to say that you absolutely have to smile at someone because they smiled at your baby/dog, and it's something women have to deal with on a regular basis. Apparently the guy posting it was joking, so that part yeah, but also it's indistuingishable from a lot of sexist bullshit posted every day.

(Also if you smile at my dog I will currently be busy keeping him from running to you to beg for food, so I'm too busy to even notice your smile. That's my secret battle, I'm fighting the dog.)

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I read it as a clear parody of lovely old men off the bat? and that someone took it for realsies?

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

If you're not sure who he is though that joke falls real flat and even knowing who he is it's still not great. Satire should have a clarity of purpose and all that.

Breakfast Burrito
Aug 8, 2007

it's a bit of lighthearted almost observational humour i don't think it's an actual demand jfc bunch of willybongkas in here

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
When I was a kid I had no idea “Mammy Two Shoes” was anything but the lady who owned Tom.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
https://twitter.com/erikhane/status/1792003621279695241

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

fartman

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

"No one actually likes me or appreciates my lovely takes but I'll never stop posting them."

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Lemniscate Blue posted:

"No one actually likes me or appreciates my lovely takes but I'll never stop posting them."

I mean same.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Fartlow isn’t the poster twitter needs.

That’s it.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Scratch Monkey posted:

Fartlow isn’t the poster twitter needs.

That’s it.

Pretty sure she's the poster that Twitter deserves at this point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

teen witch posted:

I read it as a clear parody of lovely old men off the bat? and that someone took it for realsies?

I have no idea who that guy is and therefore have no reason to assume he was doing a parody bit. Also Poe's Law exists and not everyone has an easy time immediately identifying written sarcasm or whatever