Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

1st AD posted:

They'd never be able to afford JT.

I dunno man, Square was able to afford Lance Bass for notorious bad guy, Sephiroth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

Sex_Ferguson posted:

I dunno man, Square was able to afford Lance Bass for notorious bad guy, Sephiroth.

there are orders of magnitude between these two people.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kingdom Heart's voice stuff is more Disney than S-E anyway. That is why the trio in Birth By Sleep are all voiced by Disney Kids that Disney wanted to promote.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Kingdom Heart's voice stuff is more Disney than S-E anyway. That is why the trio in Birth By Sleep are all voiced by Disney Kids that Disney wanted to promote.
That was kind of like the opposite of promotion, since they managed about one and a half good performances between them.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Sex_Ferguson posted:

Pretty long after his career with whatever boy band, right? Justin Timberlake is still a pretty massive star, I doubt his services come cheap.

Then again, if they could get Andy Samberg/the guys from Lonely Island, he might do it for free. :v:

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

I'm playing FF8 and noticed i missed Diablos. I'm about to do the Deling City parade mission, is it possible to go back and talk to Cid for the item or is it gone for good?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Endorph posted:

That was kind of like the opposite of promotion, since they managed about one and a half good performances between them.

They're not very good actors. Even Roxas's actor was a promotional thing, he just did a better job than the BBS trio.

TheEggsBenedict
Jan 4, 2013

if i go crazy then
will you still
call me superman

ImpAtom posted:

They're not very good actors. Even Roxas's actor was a promotional thing, he just did a better job than the BBS trio.
Didn't Square do a Naked Snake and have Roxas's VA voice Ventus?

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Vadun posted:

I'm playing FF8 and noticed i missed Diablos. I'm about to do the Deling City parade mission, is it possible to go back and talk to Cid for the item or is it gone for good?

Man I haven't played FF8 in years, I thought he gave you the lamp no matter what.
Make sure it's not in your inventory?
Also how can you forget Diablos, he has No-Enc!

e; Like I'm pretty sure before you depart from timber, Cid talks to you outside the garden and is like "here take this bro" and squall is just like "..."

RME fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Jun 28, 2013

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Sex_Ferguson posted:

Justin Timberlake released a multi-platinum record and has been in a ton of movies and made notable SNL appearances, Lance Bass was in a dumb video game one time.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

TheEggsBenedict posted:

Didn't Square do a Naked Snake and have Roxas's VA voice Ventus?

You're right, excuse me. I mean the other two.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Vadun posted:

I think it's gone for good. The only other way is to get a Magical Lamp is via the Pocketstation Boco game.

Which is kinda dumb since even every other GF is forced onto you, is never completely unmissable, or the game gives you a second chance for them in the NA version. Odin/Gilgamesh is the only other exception.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene
Uh, isn't it impossible to miss the Magical Lamp item? Cid gives it to you before you leave Balamb Garden headed for Timber.

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

Yeah he totally shoves it right into your inventory. You can sell it, though. Did you sell it?

Why the hell would you do such a thing? Your choices are to start a new game, or import a pocketstation.

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

Hit or miss Clitoris posted:

Yeah he totally shoves it right into your inventory. You can sell it, though. Did you sell it?

Why the hell would you do such a thing? Your choices are to start a new game, or import a pocketstation.

Haven't sold a single item all game. Doing some more poking around with missing item lists it does seem like you can skip the trigger for him to give you the lamp, you need to wander back into Garden after the initial conversation, he only gives it to you if you try to leave right away.

Missed out on !Mug and encounter-none. Blah

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Vadun posted:

Without Enc-None, you'll probably save more time just restarting the game at this point rather than slogging through FF8's excessively high random encounter rate that was likely designed with Enc-Half/None in mind.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

There's a pretty good chance I only know what the Bosses and Ruby Dragons look like in FF8.
Oh and there was a T-Rex as an enemy too which is kind of rad.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Vadun posted:

Haven't sold a single item all game. Doing some more poking around with missing item lists it does seem like you can skip the trigger for him to give you the lamp, you need to wander back into Garden after the initial conversation, he only gives it to you if you try to leave right away.

Enc-None is a bit of a shame, but you can still acquire Mug - it just won't be till near the end of Disc 3. There's nothing absolutely vital from Mug though - it makes upgrading weapons easier but that's pretty much it.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Vadun posted:

IIRC to get the lamp you just need to talk to Cid after you get the mission, that's all. If you don't talk to him it's gone.

Well, that's how I always got it, anyway.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

WaiT it's possible to miss it? :psyduck:

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Dr Pepper posted:

WaiT it's possible to miss it? :psyduck:

If you're one of those people who don't talk to every NPC they see at every opportunity.

Freaks.

Nickname Pending
Jan 2, 2008

I learned how to play beer pong from the Prince of Uganda at a university party.
I think the only GF that ever took any effort to get was Doomtrain. Though Tonberry was a bit tedious too.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Nomura talks FFXV in Famitsu

Apparently the Noctis warping around between Iron Giants was a high-leveled one.

Not an Owl
Oct 29, 2011
Does anyone have any advice for the Raspatil fight in XIII-2? I can stagger it once, but after that it takes me too long to kill the Cie'th it summons, and I can barely raise his stagger gauge before he summons more Wladislaus.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Level Slide posted:

Nomura talks FFXV in Famitsu

Apparently the Noctis warping around between Iron Giants was a high-leveled one.

I hope this doesn't mean the game has a 20 hour tutorial.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

ImpAtom posted:

I just looked up Terra and Aqua's voice actors and I don't see any connections to Disney there. Terra's actor was 28 at the time as well. Are you thinking of another game?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Bland posted:

I just looked up Terra and Aqua's voice actors and I don't see any connections to Disney there. Terra's actor was 28 at the time as well. Are you thinking of another game?

I was using "Disney Kids" as a slang term but yeah, S-E has said that Disney tends to decide who is doing the voices, which is part of how they keep getting the Disney actors for the films back and also why you end up with people like Christopher Lee on the cast list.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Billy Zane was the best Ansem, I wish they hadn't changed him for the sequels. :(

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.
^^^
[e]: Yeah, Billy Zane was great.

ImpAtom posted:

I was using "Disney Kids" as a slang term but yeah, S-E has said that Disney tends to decide who is doing the voices, which is part of how they keep getting the Disney actors for the films back and also why you end up with people like Christopher Lee on the cast list.

I keep wondering what Christopher Lee's thoughts were as he read through the script - "Mickey Mouse? Kingdom what? Keyblade? *pfft* whatever. They're paying me for this poo poo, at least."

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

I was hoping that some of the series' voice talent would spill over to other Square Enix projects, but somehow I doubt that we'll see Leonard Nimroy voicing any villains in FFXV, for instance.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Renoistic posted:

I hope this doesn't mean the game has a 20 hour tutorial.

That's Toriyama's thing. I think it'll just be 3 hours long.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
If KH2 is anything to go by it'll be about 3 hours long and skipping cutscenes would make it about an hour, but jesus christ there is no need in this world for any tutorials that last more than 10 or 20 minutes... and even that's stretching it.

Pesky Splinter posted:

I keep wondering what Christopher Lee's thoughts were as he read through the script - "Mickey Mouse? Kingdom what? Keyblade? *pfft* whatever. They're paying me for this poo poo, at least."

It's a shame that he's pretty much all but stopped voicing Ansem the Wise as Corey Burton's been basically doing every recent appearance of him. He might make it for KH3 though, who knows? ..And Billy Zane might make it for KH3 too, I can dream.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Sex_Ferguson posted:

If KH2 is anything to go by it'll be about 3 hours long and skipping cutscenes would make it about an hour, but jesus christ there is no need in this world for any tutorials that last more than 10 or 20 minutes... and even that's stretching it.

I actually liked KH2's intro and slowly finding out that I've been in the Matrix all along, even if it didn't make any sense at the time.

It still doesn't to this day.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

KH2s into was probably the best storytelling in the game.

Then the pacing completely collapsed and the troubled development became obvious.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Dr Pepper posted:

Then the pacing completely collapsed and the troubled development became obvious.

So it is exactly like the Matrix trilogy!

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?

Dr Pepper posted:

Are you talking about the part with the ten flashbacks to KH1 footage and the two hours of mail delivery minigames, or is there another intro I'm forgetting?

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

If you spent two hours doing mini games for an extra 2 ap that's your fault. :colbert:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yo I spend an extra 20 minutes just grinding Roxas to level 5 just so I can have Scan early because I hate not having my enemies HP. Please Square, give me a scan mechanic for FFXV so I can recreate that try in impatience.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Dr Pepper posted:

The game only got fun for me when I was back with Sora, Donald and Goofy and kicking rear end in Disney worlds. I thought that was the whole point :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

If FF were to be lent some of the celebrity VAs o Kingdom Hearts, my wish list would be Lee, Nimoy and then David Boreanaz. (What can I say, I've been a Buffy fan since the pilot episode.)

I wonder who he could play in the new game.