Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

kingcom posted:

Yeah basically he was the complete opposite of guiness (probably since he didnt have to film any tatooine stuff) and really loved the whole experience. He also just refused to wear the crappy prop shoes they had for imperial officers and filmed all his scenes in slippers.

Guiness foresaw the rise of the turbonerd. He imagined us all with the gleam of madness in our eyes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

jivjov posted:

The Galactic Empire is literally fictional. One can appreciate the aesthetic of TIEs and trooper armor without holding to the ideals of a fictional organization that has never killed anyone (on account of being fictional).

Except I'd have to buy the armor pieces from those weirdos.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

jivjov posted:

The Galactic Empire is literally fictional. One can appreciate the aesthetic of TIEs and trooper armor without holding to the ideals of a fictional organization that has never killed anyone (on account of being fictional).

There's also a whole lot of Neonazis in sci-fi and nerd hobbies.

Personally I like the Empire because the TIE Defender is My Jam but I feel like the Empire's EU ships tend to be slightly shittier than the Rebel EU ships, which already tend towards being lovely.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

People on the official forums actually describe themselves as having an affinity for order and authority lol

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Improbable Lobster posted:

There's also a whole lot of Neonazis in sci-fi and nerd hobbies.
The funny part is that I've only ever seen them be the worst unhealthy stereotypes (both thin or obese) that wouldn't even cut it through the glorious Empire's basic training. Gotta say that having intergalactic academies and meritocratic system isn't all bad though??

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
There's something to be said for the "he made the trains run on time" mentality. It just always comes with the whole oppression of personal liberties thing.

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Have you heard the Good News?

The Lord of Hats posted:

I don't think I would ever cheer for the Empire or First Order, and I like the design for stormtroopers a lot but not enough to cheer for them, but I think I'm doomed to always cheer for TIEs because I love their design so goddamn much.

I don't think this is inherently bad - like if you like the design of the Zaku or whatever, that's fine, in a cargo cult kinda way. I really like the design aesthetic of the X-Wing, even if it's nonsensical and sorta dumb. I also think the TIE Interceptor looks cool as gently caress. People who cheer on the Empire just feel weird to me, though. Not like "oh dang there's the Interceptor!" but like "GET THOSE COMMIE FUCKS"

ranbo das posted:

Apart from aesthetic, which you can't really argue since it's subjective, I legitimately do not get the cheering-on of the Rebels sometimes. Yeah it's fiction but the Rebels and Resistance are literally space terrorists so even ironically being like "gently caress Yeah Rebels!" seems sketchy, depending on the person. Like some people I know who are all about the Rebels I can tell it's purely a style thing, but that TIE Fighter short's comments are seriously :wtc:

This is what I mean, this is a guy legitimately trying to equate our dumb space magic wizard rogues with space Nazis by being like "one man's freedom fighter is another man's terrorist!" Protip: you don't have to take up the defense of space Nazism, it's totally okay

Big Mean Jerk posted:

This is what keeps me from doing a Scout Trooper costume. I've done two Han costumes and I finished an OT X-Wing pilot costume just before TFA. I love the look of the biker scouts but pouring that much time and effort into anything Empire just feels wrong. And I'm all for the charity work the 501st do, but have you ever read their forums? There's something off about those people.

I actually have very little experience with these dudes, but I've heard a lot of cool things? So I'm not going to instantly draw conclusions ("If you like the Empire you are automatically a neo-Nazi"), but like... there are some works where we have narratively depicted nuance and ambiguity. Star Wars is not that work. The Empire and the First Order are evil space Nazis. This is literally all they are. Did you also root for the pulp Nazis from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade? Because, uh, it's the same thing. (The royal you, here, not Big Mean Jerk.)

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Is there a typical XXY list? Wedge, Luke Dutch?

Poe, Red Ace, and Gold Squadron Pilot. Ay gurl ay.

jivjov posted:

I get that, but Star Wars does nothing to humanize its Empire/First Order antagonists for a reason, with the only two exceptions being former good guys who joined the Comically Evil Bad Guys (Vader and Kylo Ren). If you think the aesthetic is cool that's legit, okay then, but if you read through the comments for the TIE Fighter short film, it gets really dark, really quickly. Also, Julian Glover playing Walter Donovan didn't actually kill anybody, but I don't think you're supposed to root for him to get the Holy Grail in that pulp story, either?

alg posted:

People on the official forums actually describe themselves as having an affinity for order and authority lol

This is mostly what I'm driving at when I say that it's unsettling sometimes, when certain people have their main takeaway from this absurdly simplistic story be "order and authority are good, the Empire was totally justified in what they had to do, war is Hell, clean Wehrmacht!" because that's kinda indicative that something is awry. Like grown-rear end men are expressing this opinions in public on purpose, and ironic or not it's pretty creepy and weird.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Is there a typical XXY list? Wedge, Luke Dutch?

Strobe posted:

Wedge, Wes, and Dutch, usually.

Shockeh is the one who coined the name "Dutch Courage" for a variation of Strobe's XXX list using Wes, Wedge, and Dutch Vander. The general idea is the same as Strobe's, using Wes to set the pick for Wedge who gets to shoot at a target who's had its tokens stripped away, but instead of a third X-Wing you use Dutch Vander who can freely hand out Target Locks to either X-Wing. This is the list that's been my go-to for months now and in that time I've literally yet to lose a game whenever I've played using it. This is the current iteration:

Wedge Antilles
-Predator
-R2 or R5 Astromech
-Integrated Astromech

Wes Janson
-Veteran Instincts
-R3-A2
-Flechette Torpedo
-Integrated Astromech

Dutch Vander
-Twin Laser Turret
-Bomb Loadout
-Seismic Charges
-Extra Munitions

The tl;dr is that you Target Lock with Dutch every round that you can capitalize on his ability, handing out target locks to whoever can use it more...I like giving them to Wes since Wedge already has Predator...which also lets you pull off K-turns while still having a way to boost your attack rolls. In addition to this those seismic charges are surprisingly useful, and not a game's gone by where I haven't been able to get at least one of them to go off where it counts. TLTs are self-explanatory.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

kingcom posted:

Peter Cushing turning out to be a turbo nerd is the best so I think thats valid.

I would like to think that he would be quite fond of X-Wing: The Miniatures Game if he were still alive.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Kai Tave posted:

Shockeh is the one who coined the name "Dutch Courage" for a variation of Strobe's XXX list using Wes, Wedge, and Dutch Vander. The general idea is the same as Strobe's, using Wes to set the pick for Wedge who gets to shoot at a target who's had its tokens stripped away, but instead of a third X-Wing you use Dutch Vander who can freely hand out Target Locks to either X-Wing. This is the list that's been my go-to for months now and in that time I've literally yet to lose a game whenever I've played using it. This is the current iteration:

Wedge Antilles
-Predator
-R2 or R5 Astromech
-Integrated Astromech

Wes Janson
-Veteran Instincts
-R3-A2
-Flechette Torpedo
-Integrated Astromech

Dutch Vander
-Twin Laser Turret
-Bomb Loadout
-Seismic Charges
-Extra Munitions

The tl;dr is that you Target Lock with Dutch every round that you can capitalize on his ability, handing out target locks to whoever can use it more...I like giving them to Wes since Wedge already has Predator...which also lets you pull off K-turns while still having a way to boost your attack rolls. In addition to this those seismic charges are surprisingly useful, and not a game's gone by where I haven't been able to get at least one of them to go off where it counts. TLTs are self-explanatory.

You may want to experiment with taking the flechette off of Wes in order to fit a Targeting Astromech on Dutch, so you can get a TL even when you k-turn or do hard 3s. Remember that you get the target lock whether you are blocked or not so you can deliberately pick a maneuver you know will be blocked just to get the TL to pass around.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Strobe posted:

You may want to experiment with taking the flechette off of Wes in order to fit a Targeting Astromech on Dutch, so you can get a TL even when you k-turn or do hard 3s. Remember that you get the target lock whether you are blocked or not so you can deliberately pick a maneuver you know will be blocked just to get the TL to pass around.

I might at that, I'd noticed the synergy Dutch has with Targeting Astromech and if I'm being honest I haven't found the Flechette Torp to be useful so far (though to be fair the only lists I've really used this variation against are swarms and full of stuff like Y- and K-Wings).

Brunas
Nov 5, 2012

guts and bolts posted:

The Empire literally did nothing wrong

Look, I'm all for some Empire love, but my people have done some morally ambiguous things. For example, the senate was left intact for like 20 years. Surely our Dear Leader should have disbanded that inefficiency earlier. Also, allowing smugglers to be sold back to crime lords on some backwater planet instead of sent to a detention center was questionable.

Improbable Lobster posted:

The rebels never exploded a planet out of spite

Did you see what that planet was wearing? It was asking for it.

pbpancho
Feb 17, 2004
-=International Sales=-
So try this on for size...

Howlrunner
Scourge
Mauler Mithel
3x Black Squadron.

Season liberally with Crack Shot.

Yes I own 6 Crack Shot... Don't judge me. Went 4-0 with it today. Although I can't really count the poor bastard that tried to joust it with Wedge, Porkins, and Tarn.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
That's a very odd XXX list to run. Low skill X-wings are generally not worth it. Tarn with an R7 is good against two or maybe three ship builds, but nothing else. Porkins might as well only exist for his EPT slot.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I like the Empire but I think I like a fictional Empire that only exists in my head because I'm just drawn to empires in fiction in general. I prefer nobility/empires/what have you in my fiction over more modern government forms, not entirely sure why. I also prefer to imagine the Empire is more Roman which is flatly contradicted by on screen poo poo. For what's actually on screen, as much as I love the design of the X-Wing, I like TIE pilots more because the X-wing has been made in to the GOD SHIP and TIEs are pieces of tissue paper held together with prayer so TIE pilots are awesome. And I'd like stories exploring good person on the Empire who doesn't join the Rebels, in the way SWTOR did Light side Sith and what not. The First Order does nothing for me and I 100% hate them though.

On the topic of Wangs however, I play Armada and part of me wants to check out this game just because its more popular and faster to play. What would be the price to jump in? (Beyond getting the core.) Especially as I like B-Wings, E-Wings, and X-Wings, could a list consisting of those even exist, and beyond existing be playable?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Eimi posted:

On the topic of Wangs however, I play Armada and part of me wants to check out this game just because its more popular and faster to play. What would be the price to jump in? (Beyond getting the core.) Especially as I like B-Wings, E-Wings, and X-Wings, could a list consisting of those even exist, and beyond existing be playable?

You can field a fun 100 point list for like $50. A core set + rebel aces expansion gets you one X wing, one b-wing, and one a-wing on the rebel side of things.

It won't be tournament level, but perfect for just slanging some wangs with your friends.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

I love the Empire because they get kickass ships, and poo poo like Peter Cushing and James Earl Jones.

And the TIE/D Defender is boss as hell. I want to get a pair of Defenders and Darth Vader to relive that time I hunted down that traitor Zaarin in TIE FIGHTER. loving good times, man.

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

I mean, I don't have a ton of experience head-canoning stuff, but like I said, it's basically not something I'd accuse anyone of doing in the Wangs thread, or even at my FLGS. But online you see some truly sketchy poo poo emerge from ironic (or not ironic) Empire fandom groups or whatever, it's weird and bad.

Also, the X-Wing in the cinematic universe is basically a souped-up multirole fighter. Both sides die in droves in all the space combat we see - the X-Wing is basically only a ~godly ship~ when you throw the best pilots in the galaxy behind the joystick, like Our Hero Wedge Antilles.

Also, get a TFA Core, an OT Core, a TIE/fo Blister, and a T-70 Blister. At the very least, you'll have the unstoppable juggernaut that is "Red Ace." :getin:

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

guts and bolts posted:

the unstoppable juggernaut that is "Red Ace." :getin:

Omega Leader stops him just fine.

Evade tokens? What evade tokens?

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

ConfusedUs posted:

Omega Leader stops him just fine.

Evade tokens? What evade tokens?

Omega Leader still suffers from that unfortunate malady known as "being a TIE Fighter" and having two red dice against a regenerating shield X-wing ace.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Strobe posted:

Omega Leader still suffers from that unfortunate malady known as "being a TIE Fighter" and having two red dice against a regenerating shield X-wing ace.

I've taken out liek a dozen regen X-Wing aces with him now. He's legit.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

ConfusedUs posted:

Games against dudes from MWG don't count!

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Peter Cushing chat led me to his wikipedia page, and this quote from Christopher Lee made me sad:

In an interview included on the DVD release of The Hound of the Baskervilles (1959), Lee said of his friend's death: "I don't want to sound gloomy, but at some point of your lives, every one of you will notice that you have in your life one person, one friend whom you love and care for very much. That person is so close to you that you are able to share some things only with him. For example, you can call that friend, and from the very first maniacal laugh or some other joke you will know who is at the other end of that line. We used to do that with him so often. And then when that person is gone, there will be nothing like that in your life ever again."

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
When Cushing's wife died, he couldn't stand living without her and that night he tried to commit suicide by running up and down his stairs trying to make his heart give out. Everything I've read about him makes him seem like an incredible person.

Jeb Bush 2012
Apr 4, 2007

A mathematician, like a painter or poet, is a maker of patterns. If his patterns are more permanent than theirs, it is because they are made with ideas.

guts and bolts posted:

Apart from aesthetic, which you can't really argue since it's subjective, I legitimately do not get the cheering-on of the Empire sometimes. Yeah it's fiction but the Empire and First Order are literally space Nazis, so even ironically being like "gently caress Yeah Empire!" seems sketchy, depending on the person. Like some people I know who are all about the Empire I can tell it's purely a style thing, but that TIE Fighter short's comments are seriously :wtc:

Also anime shipgirls are seriously the most bizarre loving trend I've ever seen, and I love me some X-Wings

The empire are like 95% fantasy villains to 5% fascism analogues and cheering on the fantasy villains is totally legit

If you find yourself writing an article for national review about why blowing up alderaan was right you've definitely gone too far though

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

kingcom posted:

Turns out he played with toy soldiers in wargames in a wargame club and he also loved star wars and was super bumbed out he wasnt in the sequels. He'd be super into Armada and call x-wing players scrubs though imo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGag8Qllgnw
Man I just read an article about that HG Wells wargame. They would use actual shooting mini cannons.

Hey, also according to FFs upcoming page, ig-2000 and most wanted's status just changed to shipping now

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
The Empire appeals to my sense of uniform aesthetics, love of machine-like precision, and enjoyment of over-the-top villainy. Which means the First Order are unmitigated whiny wanna-be douchebags, lacking any of the good qualities of the Empire while doubling down on the bad. They even overdo the aesthetics thing because they're trying so very hard. Basically, the First Order are literal online Imperial apologists and no one should root for them.

Even Palpatine knew that he was the evil bad guy.

Corbeau fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Jan 21, 2016

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid
I know the game isn't balanced at 25 pts, but we're running an escalation league and I had four tries against this ship last night and lost every time. The closest I got was to dodge his first out of arc attack, but I failed to out manouver him because of his high PS and me being a chump. I tried a royal guard interceptor with PTL, a naked Phantom and a TIE advanced.

Got an idea with a royal guard with VI to at least get to shoot first.

Other ideas for an imp player?

Z-95 Headhunter: · N'dru Suhlak (17)
· Lone Wolf (2)
Munitions Failsafe (1)
"Hot Shot" Blaster (3)

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I've collected everything from both sides, but my heart is with the Empire. I like their uniform design aesthetic, where it looks like every ship "fits" into the same fleet. They have a mature, proven technology base centered around modular pilot pods and surrounding panels, and they iterate on that instead of having a bunch of oddball ships thrown together. Which is cool because it matches the theme of the factions.

I like that they are over the top villains with evil space sorcerers, but you can still imagine Joe Six Pack of Blue Milk Antilles just glad that they're crushing the space pirates and keeping those job-stealing Ithorians off his planet.

And right now in the meta they actually sort of feel like the underdogs.

FFG I am dying (in the sense that we all are slowly dying in these fleshy prisons) and have a Make-A-Wish for the following card:

Unleash your Hatred
EPT, 3 Squadron Points, Unique
Imperial Only
Each time a friendly ship at range 1-3 receives a stress token from a source other than executing a red maneuver or using the text on a pilot or upgrade card from your fleet, place an Unleash your Hatred token on that ship. When declaring an attack, a ship may remove up to 3 Unleash Your Hatred tokens from beside their ship and add 1 attack die to that attack per token removed.

Owlbear Camus fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Jan 21, 2016

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
I've been unable to sympathise with the Rebel since I watched Clerks.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

I don't think that Imps are the real underdogs of the game. Imps are in a nice place and have viable lists.

The real underdogs are currently S&V which are slightly underpowered compared to Imps and Rebs.

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.

ConfusedUs posted:

AndyElusive posted:

Games against dudes from MWG don't count!

I can back this up. Omega Leader is legit even with just two dice. Those are two red dice with infinite crackshot against a ship with 1 or 2 green dice usually. As long as you can get 1 or two damage a turn through that ship will go down.

Tekopo posted:

I don't think that Imps are the real underdogs of the game. Imps are in a nice place and have viable lists.

The real underdogs are currently S&V which are slightly underpowered compared to Imps and Rebs.

Yeah, Imperials on a game by game basis are on par with rebels, it is just that they are more swingy so they tend not to place as highly in long tournaments. They are getting things to make them more consistent though, Palpatine, Wampa, crackshot, juke etc. all make Imperial lists do more consistent damage as opposed to the Rebel's more consistent defence. I can attest to how brutal Palapatine and Wampa can be. If he gets a bead on an ace and you can't obliterate him in one turn then you are in for a world of pain.

e: From what I have seen recently I think lists featuring a lot of Juke are going to do well in the coming months. It forces your opponent to take focuses and save them for defence at the very minimum.

KongGeorgeVII fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Jan 21, 2016

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

KongGeorgeVII posted:

I can back this up. Omega Leader is legit even with just two dice. Those are two red dice with infinite crackshot against a ship with 1 or 2 green dice usually. As long as you can get 1 or two damage a turn through that ship will go down.

And the key thing is that the ship he's locked is using unmodified green dice, and then he can cancel one out with Juke. Mathematically he's going to punch through even green 3 dice at range 2-3, and 4 at range 1.

O'Leader is not burst damage, but he's the single most consistent thing I've ever played in an Imperial list. When he attacks, he usually gets one damage through, and sometimes two. It adds up over time. And in a 1on1 situation, he's sitting on top of an evade + focus with three greens vs the enemy's unmodified reds. It's rare for return fire to get through that.

1 on 1, Leader just has to stay the course. The other guy has to get lucky. Regen just means it takes longer.

The trick is getting him to that 1 on 1 situation. He loses most of his advantages if multiple ships shoot at him.

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Jeb Bush 2012 posted:

The empire are like 95% fantasy villains to 5% fascism analogues and cheering on the fantasy villains is totally legit

If you find yourself writing an article for national review about why blowing up alderaan was right you've definitely gone too far though

Good thing that's never happened ever in the history of mankind

Corbeau posted:

The Empire appeals to my sense of uniform aesthetics, love of machine-like precision, and enjoyment of over-the-top villainy. Which means the First Order are unmitigated whiny wanna-be douchebags, lacking any of the good qualities of the Empire while doubling down on the bad. They even overdo the aesthetics thing because they're trying so very hard. Basically, the First Order are literal online Imperial apologists and no one should root for them.

Even Palpatine knew that he was the evil bad guy.

This... is less weird, but still weird (to me). Like I understand rooting for sympathetic bad dudes, except the Empire isn't sympathetic at all. It's just a bunch of horrible evil guys with space Nazi outfits blowin' up planets. The aesthetic being something you like I can dig, because I myself like a bunch of Imperial ships, it's the "enjoyment of the over-the-top villainy" that I don't get. I think that Sheev is a brilliant character, but I don't recall ever rooting for him to win. Maybe I'm the goony kid audience that Lucas was squarely aiming his films at, or maybe I'm just overreacting based on some of the stuff I've found elsewhere online. Maybe it's both!

Otisburg posted:

Imperial underdogs

If I had to guess I'd say this is why some otherwise cool bros pull for the Empire - they're space Nazis in a setting where the heroes will always beat them in the end, so rooting for an outcome you know is very likely to happen anyway is basically the bandwagoning of the Yankees, just with a cinematic edge. Also I'm writing a bunch of serious words on something awful dot com's forums, but I want to be clear that I don't think people who play Empire are actual neo-Nazis. It hits a weird place for me because I once dealt extensively with a guy who was all-in on the Clean Wehrmacht! myth and this feels like a step removed from that, couched in dumb media I like. "Sheev is evil, but your average rank and file Empire guy, they're just and brave, victors write the history books," etc., and then we wind up with an article in the Weekly Standard about how the Empire is actually the good guys, see, let me explain hey wait where are you going

Related to X-Wing: the Empire is not the underdogs, lol. Not mechanically, anyway. And more to the point, while I wasn't playing and can't speak for the ~entire meta,~ hasn't it been like three goddamn years of Soontir Fel being an amazingly playable ship? Weren't Phantoms incredibly busted instead of being merely good? Decimator + Ace lists were everywhere last year, by all reckonings I've seen and heard.

ConfusedUs posted:

The trick is getting him to that 1 on 1 situation. He loses most of his advantages if multiple ships shoot at him.

This is what I was saying earlier, when I said that if Omega Leader is consistently the last ship on your side of the table, either you are facing a 2v1 or your opponent has (as we say in the business) goofed. I've beaten an Omega Leader 1 on 1, but it was down to pure luck and shooting first on Poe Dameron, and Focusing literally every turn, forever. It is absolutely oppressive. OLeader is the guy you have to kill straight away 99% of the time.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

guts and bolts posted:

Related to X-Wing: the Empire is not the underdogs, lol. Not mechanically, anyway. And more to the point, while I wasn't playing and can't speak for the ~entire meta,~ hasn't it been like three goddamn years of Soontir Fel being an amazingly playable ship? Weren't Phantoms incredibly busted instead of being merely good? Decimator + Ace lists were everywhere last year, by all reckonings I've seen and heard.

Maybe I'm just amplifying the anti-fun that is the Stress Hog, hogging all of that stress and keeping you from doing your things.

Sheev still did nothing wrong though. The Republic was corrupt and innefectual, giving massive power to an ascetic cult of sociopathic weirdos to be religious police with the authority to kidnap and indoctrinate children. He swept it aside and brought Order and Harmony from disunity and chaos.

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Otisburg posted:

Sheev still did nothing wrong though. The Republic was corrupt and innefectual, giving massive power to an ascetic cult of sociopathic weirdos to be religious police with the authority to kidnap and indoctrinate children. He swept it aside and brought Order and Harmony from disunity and chaos.

Pictured: Good Guy Emperor Sheev "Let the hate flow through you" Palpatine, Who Did Nothing Wrong, and

EDIT: holy smokes I missed the segment of post up there where someone said the First Order has none of the "good" parts of the Empire

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
The only reason I fly Imperial ships is because I am a literal Nazi.
The only reason I fly Scum ships is because I am a literal criminal.
The only reason I fly rebel ships is because I sometimes like to fly cheapass builds.

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

enigmahfc posted:

The only reason I fly Imperial ships is because I am a literal Nazi.
The only reason I fly Scum ships is because I am a literal criminal.
The only reason I fly Rebel ships is because I am an irredeemable terrorist.

FTFY

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!
I've noticed very little Ello Asty love in XXY or XXX builds. White Talon Rolls sound amazing combined with other T-70s, looping all over the goddamn board staying out of firing arcs. Are the other X-wing aces just that much better that no one uses Ello?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Chill la Chill posted:

So I may or may not want to try and make a decal out of this image to stick on the space garbage truck just for laughs

If I could find a jojo inspired x-wang, I will do that instead.

Nevermind. One of my favorite artists put this up so I might try to copy it on top of a falcon. I'd use the 2400 but the huge volcano dome really distorts images and I haven't realized a good image to use for it yet.

I can probably make a simpler vector line art of Poe or an old T-65 helmet and use that instead, but I might have to keep the respirator since it looks really incomplete without it. The huge goggles also gives ample room to paint BB-8 and Rey strolling on Jakku. Something like

Could play around with the colors. The night-time Jakku image works well with the predominantly red T-65 or T-70 helmet.

E: I could probably add crash-landed Poe/Finn in a corner making out.

Chill la Chill fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Jan 21, 2016

• Locked thread