Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Volcott posted:

There's perfectly good reasons to like the house route!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

I don't trust anyone who doesn't back Yes Man. And I'm trans, so I have authority on New Vegas discussion.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

rydiafan posted:

I don't trust anyone who doesn't back Yes Man. And I'm trans, so I have authority on New Vegas discussion.

How did that turn into a meme? Why that game?

Or is the secret just that everyone loves New Vegas.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

wash bucket posted:

How did that turn into a meme? Why that game?

Or is the secret just that everyone loves New Vegas.

Everyone who played, heard of, or made Fallout New Vegas is transgender. Congratulations.

Anyway Yes Man is the best option

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Yes Man route.

AKA

" Im tired of everyone loving using me for thier god drat stupid plans! Im in charge now!"

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Flesh Forge posted:

the whole thing about the military ruling everything, requiring military service in order to vote, blunt veneration of violence, those are all just normal america things, those aren't fascism :jerkbag:

Also the main character being the whitest boy alive and from Buenos Ares.

ScreenDoorThrillr
Jun 23, 2023
more like No Man

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Air Skwirl posted:

Also the main character being the whitest boy alive and from Buenos Ares.

... oh man that one went right over my head until just now.

Slo-Tek
Jun 8, 2001

WINDOWS 98 BEAT HIS FRIEND WITH A SHOVEL

wash bucket posted:

In the book Are Hero is Filipino, though Heinlein played it coy with little hints that 14 year old midwestern boys in the 1950's might not pick up on, imagining their big strong white powered armor hero. "Johnny" gets called "Juanito" by his pop, and calls out Magsaysay as a national hero.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Plus he speaks English

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

tokin opposition posted:

Everyone who played, heard of, or made Fallout New Vegas is transgender. Congratulations.

Anyway Yes Man is the best option

Commencing immediate ropekid transvestigation

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

The only correct person to put in power is Fisto

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Slo-Tek posted:

In the book Are Hero is Filipino, though Heinlein played it coy with little hints that 14 year old midwestern boys in the 1950's might not pick up on, imagining their big strong white powered armor hero. "Johnny" gets called "Juanito" by his pop, and calls out Magsaysay as a national hero.

On the last page he mentions that he speaks Tagalog at home, IIRC.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

kirbysuperstar posted:

I've seen a few of them bring it up, usually saying she's "one of the good ones" or some hot garbage

I get having historical figures in it, but I think it's a weird choice to have Candace Owens in Assassin's Creed

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

RareAcumen posted:

This is just a list of red flags. It's so blatant that I can't even mock it, because this is beyond 'don't be alone with them' this is like, 'factory reset your phone if they are in the same building as you' levels. Having a rating system for women to fail is already reasons to disengage but Twitter has been around for like 17 years, not having an account at all is a weird thing to demand of people.

if you have a twitter account i don't want to know you tbh

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

wash bucket posted:

Imagine how I felt when I put 2 and 2 together in my teens on why I, as a Dutch white as can be guy with a white as can be family have a bunch of family in Argentina. Growing up it was just a thing, you know? but then I watched a documentary and it clicked and I had some questions for my mum and she's like yeah, there's a reason why she more or less split with that part of her family.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Most people would go the yes man route because most people think they would do a better job as dictator than most other people. And that's as it should be, what's the point of having opinions if you don't think they're correct

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

rydiafan posted:

I don't trust anyone who doesn't back Yes Man.

A goon that votes liberal? I am shocked! :monocle:

Seriouspost: I wonder what percentage of players who back Yes Man because they are disgusting liberals ever paid attention to the bit where he literally literally says he's gonna be dictator now and kill any human being who says otherwise?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Seriouspost: I wonder what percentage of players who back Yes Man because they are disgusting liberals ever paid attention to the bit where he literally literally says he's gonna be dictator now and kill any human being who says otherwise?

I stopped playing when I realized I couldn't kill Joshua Graham without the whole DLC area just being 'over'. God, I despised that man.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
it's a great voiceover performance and he makes a hell of a first impression but yeah he's a monster

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Username checks out (yuour post is mega doodoo)

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Running a neo-feudal fiefdom would be really tiresome, make René Auberjonois do it instead.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Yes Man tbh wasn’t that bad and I really liked Rhys Darby in it.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
The Yes Man option was only added to the game so you can't soft lock yourself by destroying House, Caesar, and the NCR.

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Liberalism is when you oppose both the corporate overlord and the increasingly unrepresentative bourgeoisie democracy.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Angry Salami posted:

Liberalism is when you oppose both the corporate overlord and the increasingly unrepresentative bourgeoisie democracy.

No it's when you want to own slaves, marry your underage sister, drive drunk and without a license, and hunt poor people for sport.

e: Oh and also drink raw milk for some reason.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

3D Megadoodoo posted:

For the same reason as all the other stuff: you can’t tell me what to do, DAD!

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

you overestimate Mr. Musk, guy blazed right past the immortal technocrat to get his mind blown by the unapologetic fascist and his pseudointellectual rants about hegelian dialectics

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I wonder what percentage of players who back Yes Man because they are disgusting liberals ever paid attention to the bit where he literally literally says he's gonna be dictator now and kill any human being who says otherwise?

You're right. It's better to back one of the factions who won't be a dictator and kill any human being that says otherwise, such as ERROR EXAMPLE NOT FOUND

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

3D Megadoodoo posted:

No it's when you want to own slaves, marry your underage sister, drive drunk and without a license, and hunt poor people for sport.

You’re thinking of libertarians.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

3D Megadoodoo posted:

That's libertarianism. Liberalism is when you're a mealy mouthed centrist who thinks there are no inherent issues with society and everything will be fine if the "right people" are in charge.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

wash bucket posted:

You’re thinking of libertarians.

Hardly.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:
No, a libertarian is the person in charge of loaning out books.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

SkeletonHero posted:

There is in fact nothing they loathe more than this

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Baron von Eevl posted:

The Yes Man option was only added to the game so you can't soft lock yourself by destroying House, Caesar, and the NCR.

It was not ONLY added for that reason come on man.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Heath posted:

There is in fact nothing they loathe more than this

Self-loathing is inherent to the libertarian position. They hate themselves so much that they can't imagine someone helping them in any way.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

SkeletonHero posted:

You're thinking of a librarian. A libertarian is someone who doesn't eat meat or eggs, but does consume dairy.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Yes Man owns cause you can do everything you can to work against your own interest and the passive aggressive tone he takes is the funniest poo poo in the world

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7wMhz9ctEQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGJ8Q6NUSGc

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

It was not ONLY added for that reason come on man.

I heard they got relatively deep into production and someone was like "what if they turn against all 3 factions?" and Bethesda threw together the Yes Man option last minute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Serperoth posted:

You're thinking of a librarian. A libertarian is someone who doesn't eat meat or eggs, but does consume dairy.

No, that's a lactovegetarian. A libertarian is a citizen of a small country in west africa