Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

i'm glad people in the anime thread are coming up with the time travel theory as it is true and good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amaryllis
Aug 14, 2007

Nobody makes a fool out of Rohan Kishibe!

hoobajoo posted:

Thanks a lot, that's exactly the one.
Great! That was the only one that came to mind. I'm glad that my encyclopedic knowledge of jojo tumblr poo poo was helpful. (I doubt Millionfish has posted here: they seem to be into other series at this point. That Lisa Lisa comic is from, like, 2013.)

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Kira's mental illness, carried over to JoJolion, is "very handsome, extremely cool, top tier stand, badass, cute, tough, smart, perfect".

Amaryllis
Aug 14, 2007

Nobody makes a fool out of Rohan Kishibe!

Moltrey posted:

I am actually rooting for Kira at multiple points, while Hazamada is just lovely and sucks.
Yeah, I don't know what to tell you if you're not rooting for Kira to get his sandwich back.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Josuke didn't use Crazy Diamond to fix Kira into a good man with a hand fetish, worst JoJo

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Check my tumblr for the freshest updated maybe twice a quarter but at least I'm not baal animemes including AOTS Flying Witch and AOTY JOJo and talking down to people. Featuring a new layout that took 6 hours or so to do that no one will ever check because it's not how tumblr works.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Amaryllis posted:

Yeah, I don't know what to tell you if you're not rooting for Kira to get his sandwich back.
Yeah of course, a lil punk fifth grader stole his sandwich and won't give it back, he paid for it and his girlfriend picked it out! but also I root for Kira in Sheer Heart Attack because of how hosed Jotaro and Koichi are against him and yeah get em dude then I root for him to get away before Josuke comes and oh goddamn it don't mention Stands to him you idiot, get your poo poo together Kira, you're better than this.

I really need to see if Dead Man's Questions is any good because the premise of ghost detective Kira just living his ghost life sounds neat, Kira is good

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's good.

Get on it.

And Koichi you little poo poo fix your own goddamn sock

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Koichi is so goddamn bad at life that a serial killer who was in the process of blowing him the gently caress up had to stop his getaway and help him get his poo poo together so he wouldn't look like a complete fool.

Even Kira takes pity on Koichi, no dignity.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

I feel like the biggest thing separating Hazamada and Kira is that Hazamada could never pull off a skull tie.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Check my tumblr for the freshest updated maybe twice a quarter but at least I'm not baal animemes including AOTS Flying Witch and AOTY JOJo and talking down to people. Featuring a new layout that took 6 hours or so to do that no one will ever check because it's not how tumblr works.

Shame on you for directing people to your tumblr when you don't even answer the asks of those who already do go

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Aw man, I never knew Kira became a ghost hitman. I'm glad he finally managed to turn his hobby into his job.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Moltrey posted:

Well, I'm like 85% sure they've posted in here before so take it up with them.

It's prob because Kira is a more fleshed out character and probably has a mental illness while Hazamada remains very one dimensional and lame, but I find Kira to be a much more sympathetic and "cool" for lack of a better word, I am actually rooting for Kira at multiple points, while Hazamada is just lovely and sucks.

Hazamada lacks any Charisma

Also he's not attractive.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
why does everyone wanna cheapen the flashback with time travel instead of just being that the people of morioh are fundamentally good and to call josuke's hair bad is to call them bad

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

i also like asking rhetorical questions

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Does the new OP imply that Kira keeps his hands in the suitcases in his closet and that he only buys a brand of soup that only has a woman's hand as the logo? There's a lot happening there.

also I like the bit after Yukako and Aya with a couple holding hands, and then Kira holding a woman's severed hand

CJ posted:

Also he's not attractive.
You're not wrong

grancheater posted:

No idea about the gifts, but the flower+cake looks to be one of Ratt's goo balls.

On the same scene opposite to Ratt there's some bills and coins, presumably from the lottery?
This makes sense now that I see there are lips in the cake, but also it's a really ornate cake and not at all like the flesh cubes Ratt makes so I have no idea??? also the flowers and gifts?? this OP is strange

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Jul 8, 2016

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Moltrey posted:

Koichi is so goddamn bad at life that a serial killer who was in the process of blowing him the gently caress up had to stop his getaway and help him get his poo poo together so he wouldn't look like a complete fool.

Even Kira takes pity on Koichi, no dignity.

Koichi is so good and powerful even Kira has to stop and help him out.

Koichi is the true ~~spirit of Moriocho~~ and probably was the one to go back in time to save Josuke.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I liked the new episode that's my only contribution as usual

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

new op makes me giddy as hell. That Kira Queen eye, man!

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Butt Ghost posted:

new op makes me giddy as hell. That Kira Queen eye, man!

I am so hype for David Bowie and his bubblegum boy

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

The best twist would be if Josuke's saviour DID travel back in time, but was a random passerby doing stuff totally unrelated to Part 4 and just stopped to save a baby during his adventures through time and space.

j/k the best twist is no twist because the people of Morioh have a noble spirit.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
In an ideal world Araki wouldn't draw the guy identically to Josuke so it wasn't so ambiguous.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

hoobajoo posted:

j/k the best twist is no twist because the people of Morioh have a noble spirit.

like hazamada and yukako and that dude in the electric tower whose name escapes me

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dias posted:

like hazamada and yukako and that dude in the electric tower whose name escapes me

His name was Toyohiro Kanedaichi! He had a family! IT WAS AN ELECTRICAL TOWER!

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

The end of part 8 is going to send Josefumi into the middle of a snow covered field, where he then encounters a woman and her sick child in need of assistance.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Dias posted:

We all make mistakes, but all it takes is getting punched by a good boy, and you're back on track.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Kira should make his debut in like two weeks right?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Tbf though, most of the people that are fought in Morioh come to their sense after being beaten up by Josuke. I don't think it's unreasonable to say Yukako is "kind of" a decent person at heart, Kanedaichi flat out stops the fight and tries to make amends immediately as well, and even dudes like Fungami who seem really manipulative and parasitic of others turn out to have people they care about and do try to help people. There are of course exceptions, Hazamada will eternally be the worst, Miyamoto is a downright monster, and Kira's been killing people for a long rear end time.

Of course it's also that JoJo thing where antagonists are always inherently portrayed as really smug and douchey when they're first introduced and can actually turn out to be alright two seconds later ala Dire, Tonio, and Iggy.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Funky Valentine posted:

I think 3? I don't think they're gonna do Harvest in one episode.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Funky Valentine posted:

Iirc Kira doesn't get a proper introduction until after Harvest which ain't gonna be for like... three or four more weeks give or take any potential two parts they could pull out of Rohan's Adventure or Harvest, but Rohan's adventure will give him a proper mentioning for the first time and that'll be in two weeks.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
i've been telling people who've only watched the anime that part 4's villain is my favorite villain in the series for ages and i'm glad that they will finally get to meet smooth criminal yoshikage kira

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Augh, we're still so far away from highway star

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Oh right, Rohan gets out of the hospital in 2 weeks. We're a month off from Kira at least then.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Dias posted:

those three girls in Kira Wants A Quiet Life who saw Shigechi, bleeding and stumbling with a broken face, then decided not to call for any help and just ditch him because he looks creepy

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
they were not wrong

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Baal posted:

Tbf though, most of the people that are fought in Morioh come to their sense after being beaten up by Josuke. I don't think it's unreasonable to say Yukako is "kind of" a decent person at heart, Kanedaichi flat out stops the fight and tries to make amends immediately as well, and even dudes like Fungami who seem really manipulative and parasitic of others turn out to have people they care about and do try to help people. There are of course exceptions, Hazamada will eternally be the worst, Miyamoto is a downright monster, and Kira's been killing people for a long rear end time.

Of course it's also that JoJo thing where antagonists are always inherently portrayed as really smug and douchey when they're first introduced and can actually turn out to be alright two seconds later ala Dire, Tonio, and Iggy.

Don't you dare talk poo poo about Terunosuke.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I'm kind of disappointed that the op doesn't have Josuke reaching out to Bowie Kira. I know it makes more sense this way but he'll always be "The" Kira to me.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
THAT MAN HAD A GUN IN PAPER

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
It's going to be really weird when both Shigechi and Aya are introduced then immediately killed off in the next episode. Even weirder than the manga where at leas their introductory arc was spread out over several parts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Baal posted:

THAT MAN HAD A GUN IN PAPER

Don't make me go google that obsessed guy's Teru copypaste story and post it here in full