Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Either way Shen blows post rework and he's not worth picking at the moment, he probably will until he gets buffed or everyone else is nerfed so hard around him that he's relevant again (Which is actually how they balance top and jungle picks)

I think Ekko and Maokai will be fine because there's nothing really there to replace them atm. Swain is getting up there but will probably keep getting nerfs before he's very popular, Fizz is getting some momentum but you'll probably see him build burst assassins in lower solo queue anyway because tanks aren't flashy.

I suspect that Riven and Irelia will sneakily make it back into the meta while tanks transition back to the jungle after all the carry jungle nerfs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I don't even think Irelia is going to be that sneaky, she already has good numbers and the triforce changes are just a flat buff to her

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
New Triforce is horrifying on Irelia.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
What's new tryforce just CDR instead of crit??

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
more CDR and attack speed

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Libertine posted:

Ekko and Maokai both got some thick nerfs on this patch. I think the new top lane terror is going to be Tank Fizz, who was already really strong. Poppy got brutally nerfed several patches ago and I don't think she's a power pick at all anymore, she's sitting at like a 46% win rate and extremely unpopular.

Ekko and Maokai are still going to be totally fine. The former lost a teeny tiny bit of damage and an irrelevant amount of stun duration in lane (it will make him slightly less effective in team fights maybe I guess), but he's still just as unapproachable for any melee top laner and Grasp of the Undying still exists so he'll be just fine. Maokai is in a similar camp.

You are still probably correct about Tank Fizz popping up more (though I've not seen him), given that the perception of the scope of nerfs by the masses typically is greater than the reality.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

There is nothing boring being a hard counter against Jax and Shyvana initiations.

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
dumb shop only gives me bad sales

Impotence fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Jun 2, 2016

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
Is that another rent check about to be paid?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Bholder posted:

There is nothing boring being a hard counter against Jax and Shyvana initiations.

When did anyone say Veigar was boring?

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I'll say it: Veigar is boring

Junji Eat More
Oct 22, 2005

You don't know it, but you are full of stahs
Champion.gg had an interesting Veigar build with swifties and movespeed quints, which I've been having great results with. The extra mobility is great for safely farming up, and lets you set up a lot of cage plays that would otherwise be impossible. Build utility / CDR, still delete people mid game.

Veigar: boring to some, fun to others?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Anyone who thinks farming permanent ap off angling last hit Q's to kill a creep and harass the other laner is boring is a crazy person

Leaving the laning phase with 150-230 free ap and the most terrifying hexdash on the team owns so hard

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Firebert posted:

goons: marksman are terrible and can't carry the game

me: remembers the halcyon days of january 2016 when graves top, kindred jungle, solo lane quinn and corki mid completely dominated the meta

goons: marksman are terrible

me: remembers how loving strong Azir is and just lols and lols at these dumb mother fuckers

stump collector
May 28, 2007
veigar is so weak early and so limited by mobility in the late game that i do not enjoy playing him

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Neurolimal posted:

farming is boring

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

its like 10 minutes of focused farming and then you're nuking dudes like crazy. Also it's fun to set up double-hit Q's to either harass the enemy or farm two minions.

and again, veigar makes the already pretty nice and bursty hex items a hilarious nightmare for finishing off runners or getting in range for a cage.

Guess it's just a matter of whether you like the traditional combo nukers or the eight-button flashy dudes.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

exethan posted:

veigar is so weak early and so limited by mobility in the late game that i do not enjoy playing him

Veigar is weak for like 3 minutes.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Methanar posted:

Veigar is weak for like 3 minutes.

that's enough time for me to die 3 times and my positioning is way too lovely to survive without a gapcloser lategame

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
This is so awful I can barely even believe it.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Flagged for Poor Deals

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I think every deal i got was a champion i had played in the last 2 months

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

exethan posted:

I think every deal i got was a champion i had played in the last 2 months

Mine definitely was. Draven/Lucian/Jhin/Fizz/Lee Sin. That Dragon Fist Lee Sin splash art is WAY cooler than the old one. I might buy it, idk.

I never loving get an Ezreal skin in these things. I will never have an Ezreal skin. RIP my main, having a skin.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

rabidsquid posted:

Mine definitely was. Draven/Lucian/Jhin/Fizz/Lee Sin. That Dragon Fist Lee Sin splash art is WAY cooler than the old one. I might buy it, idk.

I never loving get an Ezreal skin in these things. I will never have an Ezreal skin. RIP my main, having a skin.

My sales champs are: Nasus (can't recall the last time I played him), Warwick (played once when new Bloodrazor came out), two Gangplanks (haven't played since the rework), Ezreal (don't play him at all), and J4 (S4 maybe?).

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Aerox posted:

This is so awful I can barely even believe it.

I don't even know what I'm looking at

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

I don't even know what I'm looking at

Your Shop

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
should i get phoenix quinn for 40% off if i already got taylor swift quinn?

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

should i get phoenix quinn for 40% off if i already got taylor swift quinn?

no, taylor swift quinn is the best

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I got Astronautilus and Demon Vi for 60% off and 20% off of Frosted Tips Ezreal (nice try...)

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Boys I got a theory and that theory is Manamune, new Trinity Force, Black Cleaver Urgot.

Tell me how wrong I am, because I'm not sure I want to be right. TF loses the parts that had low synergy with Urgot's kit (AP / Crit), and gets more CDR. TF/BC together can make a full 40% CDR cap. Could round it out with Tank Boots and 2 of LDR / Maw / GA.

Hilariously according to CGG on a tiny sample Urgot is the highest win rate ADC right now.

Firebert posted:

I got Astronautilus and Demon Vi for 60% off and 20% off of Frosted Tips Ezreal (nice try...)

Demon Vi is the dumbest splash art in the game IMO. I saw it the other day and was like uhhhhh

Falconer
Dec 7, 2003

Did you know, I was THE MOON once!

Yes! You see, one night it turned out the moon had been STOLEN!

The animal people asked ME to take its place as I am so WISE and BRILLIANT!!
My sales skins are Freljord Ashe (20% off), Traditional Karma (40?%; bought it immediately and I don't remember the discount amount), Rogue Admiral Garen (50%), Sorceress Lux (60%), Riot Blitzcrank (60%) and Tempest Janna (70%).

I was happy to see the Karma skin since it's apparently not normally available.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Falconer posted:

My sales skins are Freljord Ashe (20% off), Traditional Karma (40?%; bought it immediately and I don't remember the discount amount), Rogue Admiral Garen (50%), Sorceress Lux (60%), Riot Blitzcrank (60%) and Tempest Janna (70%).

I was happy to see the Karma skin since it's apparently not normally available.

I don't believe Riot Blitzcrank is normally available either, you might want to snag that too if you enjoy hooking people.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Libertine posted:

Boys I got a theory and that theory is Manamune, new Trinity Force, Black Cleaver Urgot.

Tell me how wrong I am, because I'm not sure I want to be right. TF loses the parts that had low synergy with Urgot's kit (AP / Crit), and gets more CDR. TF/BC together can make a full 40% CDR cap. Could round it out with Tank Boots and 2 of LDR / Maw / GA.

Hilariously according to CGG on a tiny sample Urgot is the highest win rate ADC right now.

This is Good

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Top Karthus and ADC Urgot have such high win rates and very low play rates bc of scripting

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Libertine posted:

Demon Vi is the dumbest splash art in the game IMO. I saw it the other day and was like uhhhhh

Yeah, but it looks pretty cool in game and I've purchased skins solely for terrible splash art in the past (Sorceress Lux, Red Riding Annie and Lollipoppy)

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Attack speed per level lowered to 1.5 from 3.3
Lightslinger (Passive) second shot can no longer critically strike

I know it's early in the patch cycle but holy poo poo Lucian will be murdered if this makes it live

Falconer
Dec 7, 2003

Did you know, I was THE MOON once!

Yes! You see, one night it turned out the moon had been STOLEN!

The animal people asked ME to take its place as I am so WISE and BRILLIANT!!

SaffronKit posted:

I don't believe Riot Blitzcrank is normally available either, you might want to snag that too if you enjoy hooking people.

I thought about it, but I already have the Piltover Customs skin for those times that I want to make annoying noises when I press W.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!

SaberToothedPie posted:

my team just got absolutely hosed by an illaoi, i hope this isnt a trend

But... but Illaoi is bad. And deserving of buffs.

:getin:

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

I legit just got a pretty good My Shop this time around: Sej prehistoric skin 40%(meh), Guardian Sands Skarner 50%(nice) Void Illaoi 40% (meh) Spirit Fire Brand 60%!!! Fifth Age Taric 70%!!

Literally all champions I play, legit good skins and no discounts below 40%. Riot actually got my money for this group.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Kashuno posted:

Attack speed per level lowered to 1.5 from 3.3
Lightslinger (Passive) second shot can no longer critically strike

I know it's early in the patch cycle but holy poo poo Lucian will be murdered if this makes it live

good

• Locked thread