Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

looks good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

about time they did something about the antenna lines

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

god loving dammit not another camera bump

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

make it 1mm thicker and increase the battery life, it doesn't need to be that stupidly thin

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Apple has been obsessed with lumps and bumps ever since Stebe died from cancer

Even their battery case has a big gross cancerous bump

Get your testicles and mammaries checked today

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
apple made a battery case? lmao

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

update: I reset my smc and the battery warning went away :)

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

qirex posted:

update: I reset my smc and the battery warning went away :)

get outta here with that cj bullshit

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

infernal machines posted:

get outta here with that cj bullshit

for all I know this is the battery equivalent of putting a piece of tape over the check engine light so we'll see what happens

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

theflyingexecutive posted:

it's ok but it way overestimates travel time for subways and way underestimates travel time for local buses

thats because you can walk faster than most buses in nyc

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

vile

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
Maps question: Can Apple Maps dynamically reroute you on a long drive based on changing traffic conditions. I just noticed that Google Maps started doing this a couple versions ago on iOS and it's pretty sweet. I'm driving down to San Diego for the weekend, and I know how crazy LA traffic can get.

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Polo-Rican posted:

here's the iphone 7 - tim cook's apple is somehow the most boring company on earth

i see they've given up on making the back of the phone aesthetically pleasing since the camera bump, scratch prone casing and pitiful battery life requires that you slap it in a charger case

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Polo-Rican posted:

here's the iphone 7 - tim cook's apple is somehow the most boring company on earth

nice plastic trim added to protect their weak phone structure from corner drops.

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
also tim is allowing yet another leak that is damaging the brand

steve would right now be personally conducting a blade runner photo analysis using the reflection on the apple symbol to look around corners and determine which employee will be losing their left hand

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
there is no reflection in the apple symbol, it's transparent

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

It's obviously supposed to be the empty lower aluminum shell with no innards or display. It doesn't even have the inset apple logo, which is a different metal piece that gets pressed into the frame during assembly.

I pray that thing is just a lovely mockup and the real thing is a non-terrible design like an iPhone SE/30

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
it's going to be an incremental boring update, all the mac blogs say oled will be in the iphone after this one

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
it's quite possibly going to be the last iphone model anyway since they're officially being outsold by samsung so you'd think tim would jazz it up out of desperation but he's getting close to punching out so it's full on lazy mode

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Smythe posted:

iAilure Megacorp White Knight Idiot: Dlerrggghhh ffhhhhaaaa teh ANrOiD became alive and drawed a swastica on my balls and called me VERY mean names. Then the software turned into a BITCOIN BOMB and blew off my hand., IT SUCKS!!

Normal Guy: Pretty unlikely story, dude.

iAilure Megacorp White Knight Idiot: :supaburn: I HATE ANDROID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

saving this normal guy emoticon for future use.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i'm sad that i missed all of the chat about maps apps bc my freaking parents were in town this weekend and even though i gave my dad very specific instructions to NOT use apple maps anywhere in allegheny county, he did not follow my advice and install google maps and he got lost so many freaking times. god those apple maps suck.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Polo-Rican posted:

:barf:

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

lmao

im buying an android

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i would like a The Big Bitch of Online gangtag, please. but keep the Nintendo GameCube.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

I hope Apple has an extremely crappy fiscal quarter after the iPhone 7 launch so that Tim gets kicked out and Scott Forstall is brought back to save the company

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

lmao, yeah right. they're going to bring back gil amelio

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

error1 posted:

I hope Apple has an extremely crappy fiscal quarter after the iPhone 7 launch so that Tim gets kicked out and Scott Forstall is brought back to save the company

i too would like forstall to come back.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

triple sulk posted:

lmao

im buying an android

if you don't need pokemon go, get windows phone

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

iphone 5 continues to be excellent, holding out hope for a good 7se

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Shaggar posted:

if you don't need pokemon go, get windows phone

it's kind of the only dealbreaker for me right now. i probably won't play it in a month but it's still fun for the time being.

plus the lack of other games that come along now and then

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

iphone 5 continues to be excellent, holding out hope for a good 7se

i had an iphone 5 and the se is an excellent replacement

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

if you don't need any apps or developer support at all get a windows phone!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

can you even buy a windows phone that's not used or NOS that's been sitting around since launch now that MS realized they were a real bad idea?

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

trilljester posted:

Maps question: Can Apple Maps dynamically reroute you on a long drive based on changing traffic conditions. I just noticed that Google Maps started doing this a couple versions ago on iOS and it's pretty sweet. I'm driving down to San Diego for the weekend, and I know how crazy LA traffic can get.

yes

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
you guys lied to me earlier if i manually adjust the brightness my phone remains there no matter what until i toggle auto-adjust off and back on again

!!!

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
my iPhone 6 is highly needs suiting.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Necc0 posted:

you guys lied to me earlier if i manually adjust the brightness my phone remains there no matter what until i toggle auto-adjust off and back on again

!!!

you solicited and followed tech advice from the yospos apple thread

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Necc0 posted:

!!!

People always lie in this thread and say that Apple apps are good, but in fact they're horrible

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

fleshweasel posted:

my iPhone 6 is highly needs suiting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

• Locked thread