Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I can't imagine waiting the full day it took for the thread to come back purely so you can tell everyone about how men have it hard, too even when the conversation's moved on.

Zenyatta owns because I can do really terrible with him and still feel like I'm having fun. I also seem to be able to headshot with him reliably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Akumos posted:

yeah as a male I've never been talked down to or insulted in online games before, it's a wonderful, friendly world

and yes you do get gender specific insults as a male, though a lot more are directed at orientation and inadequacy I guess

Tequila Sunrise posted:

Glad to see this thread and is still on track.

Lady Naga posted:

I can't imagine waiting the full day it took for the thread to come back purely so you can tell everyone about how men have it hard, too even when the conversation's moved on.

Don't start another tangent with this, based on a post 24 hours ago. Just drop it.

The internet and gaming is a lovely place for a whole lot of people, and it's terrible to believe otherwise. THIS THREAD IS NOT THE PLACE TO TALK ABOUT IT. First it's off topic; second we are completely incapable of having any discussion about it.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
What can two Lucio's stacking speed boosts do on Temple of Anubis? How about a 46 second game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCamAVFUHjw

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I feel like when you're Attack on Anubis you have to be prepared to rush Objective B immediately after capping A or your chances of winning go down the toilet.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

trigger warning

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

Onean posted:

What can two Lucio's stacking speed boosts do on Temple of Anubis? How about a 46 second game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCamAVFUHjw

Lucio's auras do not stack.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Nope, but they can amp it up separately, doubling the duration, as they show in that video.

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

Onean posted:

Nope, but they can amp it up separately, doubling the duration, as they show in that video.

That's something else.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Onean posted:

Don't start another tangent with this, based on a post 24 hours ago. Just drop it.

The internet and gaming is a lovely place for a whole lot of people, and it's terrible to believe otherwise. THIS THREAD IS NOT THE PLACE TO TALK ABOUT IT. First it's off topic; second we are completely incapable of having any discussion about it.

I'd rather it be in this thread than the chill one. This thread is the quarantine zone and all negative energy gets directed to it

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Im sorry but female or male Dva is sitll rear end.
It's true.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Microwaves Mom posted:

Im sorry but female or male Dva is sitll rear end.
It's true.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UulqArDRCHc&t=34s

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

[three games after losing to mass D.Va gimmick on Anubis in 2:30]: D.Va is trash tier y'all, please never pick her if you wanna roll with me.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

DirtyTalk posted:

Genji players - did you have a knack for him from the start that got better with time? Or did you have to repetitively die and lose and button mash until you realized what each button actually does and then finally calculate your attacks better.

I want to learn him but I feel useless as hell and I'm wondering if it's even worth the losses playing him.

fall seven times

stand up eight

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Hello. I do not know what threads are bad or why. I would like more people to get to know and play with though. I don't have many friends on battle.net. My handle is Wikiwikiwa#1304. Hi! :)

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Golem II posted:

Why does the game keep causing my video card to overheat?

The game caused my power supply to blow up. It was because I had a lovely power supply. Your gfx card needs better cooling, try playing with your case open I bet the card won't overheat.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
This is a great weekly brawl for learning new heroes.

I'd never really bothered with zenyatta, but I realise he's not as great at healing as mercy/lucio because he has a different support function. Helping to rip through the enemy with that orb of discord.

His orb of discord headshots hit like a truck, you can pull some dumb kills out of your rear end.

Suppose he's dependent on the other team not having a pro widowmaker.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Charles Bukowski posted:

Hello. I do not know what threads are bad or why. I would like more people to get to know and play with though. I don't have many friends on battle.net. My handle is Wikiwikiwa#1304. Hi! :)

Get in the discord channel. The people there are good and cool but some of them do not like anime

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Help Im Alive posted:

trigger warning

I shouldn't have clicked that. :negative:

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

I'm so salty right now... Play of the game for Torbjorn, spends the first half dead until my HEROES NEVER DIE goes off with the payload 5m from the destination... Yeah that was totally him enabling that win.

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!

VodeAndreas posted:

I'm so salty right now... Play of the game for Torbjorn, spends the first half dead until my HEROES NEVER DIE goes off with the payload 5m from the destination... Yeah that was totally him enabling that win.

your team won you big dummy

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
I'm a pretty good D.Va and even then I know she is the worst tank at being a tank and one of the worst DPS heroes if you're playing her that way.

She does really well as a second tank, especially on KOTH maps where she can fly around and flank people. Her ultimate is bad at killing people, but works really well on KOTH maps where there is a very open point that constantly needs to be contested.

If you're playing the game for fun though, D.Va is super fun. The whole concept is really well done.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Slowpoke! posted:

I'm a pretty good D.Va and even then I know she is the worst tank at being a tank and one of the worst DPS heroes if you're playing her that way.

She does really well as a second tank, especially on KOTH maps where she can fly around and flank people. Her ultimate is bad at killing people, but works really well on KOTH maps where there is a very open point that constantly needs to be contested.

If you're playing the game for fun though, D.Va is super fun. The whole concept is really well done.

I've managed to do a lot of winning on D.Va. Her strength is that while squishy due to her size and big fat head hitbox at centre mass, she kind of has a slight advantage over Winston and Roadhog in that she has a ton of armour and if she's facing away you can't hit her head. Use boost to bully someone into a corner and kill them while facing away from their team, then when you're done or giving up flip around, shield up and trundle towards cover so you can boost away. Her ult isn't a killer, it's a clearer. It forces enemies to scatter so your team can grab the point or swoop in to pick a couple of them off while they're isolated by running away from your ult. You can also launch her ult or walk right into a crowd of enemies and let them kill your mech, pressing q as it's dying as a gotcha.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Not being able to get past 50-55% winrate makes me feel like I'm not in control of my destiny

Maybe free will is an illusion

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Help Im Alive posted:

trigger warning

NSFW that poo poo! :stonk:

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

VodeAndreas posted:

Even if you totally carry, you're gambling on eleven other people not being just a little better then you for 10 seconds, and better then you on a metric that might not be "win the game". It's a nice surprise if you get it but there's no point getting annoyed by it.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

exquisite tea posted:

I feel like when you're Attack on Anubis

i hate that anime

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Help someone save me from the hell of pubbing

KingOSprings#1575

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

CoolCab posted:

Even if you totally carry, you're gambling on eleven other people not being just a little better then you for 10 seconds, and better then you on a metric that might not be "win the game". It's a nice surprise if you get it but there's no point getting annoyed by it.

Yeah I get that bit, it's just that my abilty to find the Q key was the highlight of the POTG but it wasn't attributed to me :v:

At least when he was alive in it the Torb was shooting back :)

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Dias posted:

i hate that anime

God, now I wanna edit the OP to have Bastions and Widowmakers everywhere while a sea of Reapers get destroyed.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Characters I sometimes feel I do okay with:

Junkrat
Lucio
Winston
Symmetra

Characters I'm total garbage at:

Everyone else

basically if it involves aiming then lol

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Ehud posted:

Characters I sometimes feel I do okay with:

Junkrat
Lucio
Winston
Symmetra

Characters I'm total garbage at:

Everyone else

basically if it involves aiming then lol

Try Zarya

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
Gotta love pubbies. (This was Mystery Heroes, which explains their 4 healers.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqPljEmshAM

EDIT:

I'm good with Widowmaker, Symmetra, Zarya, and Mercy. I'm not great with McCree, Reinhardt, Junkrat, and Roadhog. But I'm only really bad with Mei, Winston, Hanzo, and Genji. The rest I am adequate with.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Jun 11, 2016

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002
I like this game a lot. Even though I am not the greatest FPS player I have always been serviceable and I've had fun playing pretty much every character so far. I still haven't played Bastion and only have a couple of matches with McCree. I've spent the most time with Genji and Pharah but like the support characters as well. I played Zenyetta the other day for the first time and found that I was really good with him.

I agree with the idea that close games are better. I've had great experiences with two less played characters as a result:

It was in Nepal with the capture point surrounded by the pit. We were losing badly and I had been sucking as Zarya. It went into overtime as I arrived and used my ultimate to pull five of their players together and then I blasted them all and we held the point and won. I still suck with her and her shield lasts way too short a time.

The other time was with Symmetra. I was defending the last point on Hollywood and the other team had just been flying through checkpoints. There are these lips on the walls at the end that are perfect for protecting turrets from stray blasts so I set them all up, set up a teleported, and racked up kills and points and was able to use my energy balls to get rid of Reinhardt shields and we won!

This is as fun an FPS as I've played though I didn't really like TF2 and prefer more realistic action.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Also I'm a jerk but I'm very good at Soldier, Winston, Tracer, Reaper and am fairly good with Zarya, Lucio, Reinhardt and Widowmaker. PM me if you want someone to do work for your elo.

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost
Here is an image related to Overwatch.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Digirat posted:

Is playing with goons as unfun as a quick scan of several pages of this thread implies it is, because I was going to try this game tomorrow and am maybe reconsidering

It's actually great and the goon presence in the couple Discords is preternaturally normal and well-socialized.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Two Symmetra POTG's in a row, woop woop. One of them featured me getting an actual double kill myself while the turrets did the rest of the work!

I really like Symm, but I think her ult could use some work. It's just sort of boring and non-interactive right now. It'd be neat if it related to the sentries somehow -- maybe you can place it anytime you want (probably with a long cooldown) but it only charges from sentries doing damage? That'd encourage more aggressive sentry placement, which tons of Symmetras have problems with. Just played against one on Kings Row that set up the classic kill room right next to the point and I just went Winston after dying to it and blew them all up in one go.

It's a really good ult in terms of team effectiveness but it lacks a lot in the way of satisfaction. You just plonk it down and hope it doesn't get blown up. Cheeky TP placement right next to points is pretty fun too, but... eh.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Spiros posted:

Also I'm a jerk but I'm very good at Soldier, Winston, Tracer, Reaper and am fairly good with Zarya, Lucio, Reinhardt and Widowmaker. PM me if you want someone to do work for your elo.

TheKingofSprings posted:

Help someone save me from the hell of pubbing

KingOSprings#1575

Charles Bukowski posted:

1. download Discord in like six seconds
2. put in this link https://discord.gg/0cI5KQgbeor6IF2f
3. make your room name your bnet tag and say "hello"

have fun! see you around!

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

It was in Nepal with the capture point surrounded by the pit. We were losing badly and I had been sucking as Zarya. It went into overtime as I arrived and used my ultimate to pull five of their players together and then I blasted them all and we held the point and won. I still suck with her and her shield lasts way too short a time.

I haven't played too much Zarya, but I found I do much better when you're greedy with her ally shield. Your shields aren't a support ability, they're a laser battery.

Genji getting chased down by a Winston? There's no way Winston will pop a shield solo, Genji shouldn't be out of position.

Zenyatta going to die to Junkrat tire? That's an instant 50 charge - might as well drop the shield.

Granted, you'll optimally be supporting and charging at the same time, but you can't have your cake and eat it too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Spiros posted:

Try Zarya

What are the bullet points on playing her?