Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Space Taxi
Oct 31, 2016
I give it one season.

Space Taxi fucked around with this message at 04:39 on May 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Yeah exactly what I thought, a cheaper not-funny galaxy quest. I got very embarrassed for everyone involved watching it.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

"This reminds me of the time I watched Who's the Boss on the holonet."
*jump cut to Seth McFarlane watching Who's the Boss*

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Anyone who believes they can make a better Star Trek parody than Galaxy Quest is a fool who deserves failure.

Reminds me that the HitB where Mike and Jay poo poo on Seth McFarlane's horrible western parody movie is pretty good, especially the opening segment.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

The Orville is going to be cheap, unfunny, and boring, and still be better than that new Star Trek show coming out.

Cancel The Orville, renew Other Space.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Seth McFarlane looks like a normal guy who literally cannot act or express emotion or react in an amusing and/or realistic way. Live action is not the way to go.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Seth McFarland needs to be stopped.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Wow. The sets on that show look terrible.

e: Is that Don Malarkey from Band of Brothers? Poor guy.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
drat, that Star Trek ripoff looks loving horrible. Comedy only Americans can fathom.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Who is shittier, Seth Macfarlane or Adam Sandler?

I'm gonna say Sandler but he doesn't give a gently caress whereas Macfarlane actually seems to try, but sucks.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Sandler completely not caring could accidentally yield one joke that works in a movie.

McFarlane tries so incredibly hard so incredibly desperately that it's just pitiful so even if by some miracle he wrote a joke it wouldn't make anyone laugh because they're too busy cringing.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Come on, McFarlane has written literally hundreds of good jokes.

He just used them all during the first season of Family Guy.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

priznat posted:

Who is shittier, Seth Macfarlane or Adam Sandler?

I'm gonna say Sandler but he doesn't give a gently caress whereas Macfarlane actually seems to try, but sucks.

Sandler, as Macfarlane hasn't got many famous buddies to get roles for.
Macfarlane will be Sandler 2.0 in a decade or two.

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Joel was the best part of that show. then he went on to produce Jonah Ray's mst3k fanfic.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Space Taxi posted:

I give it one season.

It's Seth MacFarlane, it'll go on forever.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

PostNouveau posted:

The captain gets an embarrassing, unhidable STD from loving an alien. The captain's dick is misplaced in a transporter accident. The captain causes a galactic incident by accidentally grabbing an alien dignitary's dick thinking he was shaking hands.

These all sound like good television, tbh

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Patrick Stewart says Seth Macfarlane is the funniest most talented man in the biz.
Patrick Stewart had heavy involvement in both Star Trek Insurrection and Nemesis.
Patrick Stewart is 79 years old and is married to a 22 year old.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
What happened to adam sandler? i know some people think he was never funny, but i thought he was back in the 90s. Granted I was just a kid with no taste. Maybe his style of humor hasnt aged well or was never good to begin with but it at least seemed like he was trying back then. Like I can imagine him writing and working on Billy Madison with the intent that it will be a funny movie that people will laugh at and enjoy.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Baronjutter posted:

Patrick Stewart says Seth Macfarlane is the funniest most talented man in the biz.
Patrick Stewart had heavy involvement in both Star Trek Insurrection and Nemesis.

He also smokes a lot of weed so perhaps his baseline for funny is off kilter (He did own on Extras though)

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Baronjutter posted:

As Mike often says, Picard don't crack.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

priznat posted:

He also smokes a lot of weed so perhaps his baseline for funny is off kilter (He did own on Extras though)

He's an adorable country bumpkin english redneck who faked a fancy accent and got into acting but he mostly just wants to get high and hang out in hardware stores. I do not fault him on his terrible taste and lechery and most of nemesis was Spiner's fault.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Blue Star posted:

What happened to adam sandler? i know some people think he was never funny, but i thought he was back in the 90s. Granted I was just a kid with no taste. Maybe his style of humor hasnt aged well or was never good to begin with but it at least seemed like he was trying back then. Like I can imagine him writing and working on Billy Madison with the intent that it will be a funny movie that people will laugh at and enjoy.

I think Funny People broke him.
Here he tried to do a serious film, passing the torch from the old comedian to new ones in the form of Seth Rogan.
And it barely made its money back.

So he went gently caress it, people like poo poo so lets give it to them!

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

happyhippy posted:

I think Funny People broke him.
Here he tried to do a serious film, passing the torch from the old comedian to new ones in the form of Seth Rogan.
And it barely made its money back.

So he went gently caress it, people like poo poo so lets give it to them!

He did Punch Drunk Love and it owned, and also didn't really change anything.

Adam Sandler is capable of giving a good performance with the right material, but critical acceptance doesn't really seem to be what he craves. He just likes to collect his $70 MM and chill with his bros on a beach or Africa or whatever. And you know what, good for him.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
we all act so holy

but every one of us, in a heartbeat, would do the cinematic equivalent of smearing your poo poo on the walls that adam sandler calls his films if a company waved 70 mil at us

e: i'd sell out my artistic integrity for a $7 bottle of red

Clawtopsy fucked around with this message at 06:24 on May 16, 2017

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Clawtopsy posted:

we all act so holy

but every one of us, in a heartbeat, would do the cinematic equivalent of smearing your poo poo on the walls that adam sandler calls his films if a company waved 70 mil at us

e: i'd sell out my artistic integrity for a $7 bottle of red

No poo poo, you cast your wife and kids as extras and it's a family vacation too.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I'm more annoyed at Netflix for putting the banner ads for his dumb films on the site when I am browsin'. Doesn't matter how many of them I one star/thumbs down they keep showing them to me!!

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Seth macfarlane is smugface come to life.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
For 70 million I'd make a comedy and it'd actually be funny.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

reignofevil posted:

For 70 million I'd make a comedy and it'd actually be funny.

The trick is to do that three times.

Then they'll keep giving you the money over and over again to make things like Horse Fart: The Movie! or Fat Guy on a Bicycle or whatever other 2 minute Mad TV level abysmal sketch you can think of that gets stretched out to 90 minutes thanks to unrelenting Subway and Dunkin Donuts ads.

gently caress, I'm going to go watch the Jack & Jill HitB again.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

JB50 posted:

Seth macfarlane is smugface come to life.

The guy is absolutely in love with himself.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

I watched jack and Jill in theaters and it was good :colbert:

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Mr. F! posted:

I watched jack and Jill in theaters and it was good :colbert:

loving what

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Worked at the theater, free movie= good times mannnn

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Outrageous

Scandalous

This has me upset, quite a bit upset

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

The trick is to do that three times.

Comedy comes in threes!

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Mr. F! posted:

Worked at the theater, free movie= good times mannnn

That does sound fun. Just a wad of popcorn and free movies. I could live that life.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Jonas Albrecht posted:

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up
A Million Ways To Die in the West but it's Star Trek and it's PG-13 and it's a TV series is going to die because it's on Fox.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

he should've just done a spin off of american dad and just had roger go around the galaxy sexually assaulting inanimate objects/aliens

• Locked thread