Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
This laughter is ill informed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

The way that one lady at the boggle competition laughs always cracks me up.

AWW HWAA HWAA

pacerwpg
Apr 18, 2023
Peggy Hill is down to her last pencil

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Sunday, Sunday, SUNDAY! and Saturday

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

(extremely Minnesota accent) You look like you could use a wallet. Would you like to make a wallet?

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

pacerwpg posted:

Peggy Hill is down to her last bencil

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

pacerwpg posted:

Peggy Hill is down to her last pencil

Is that a VA celeb? They did an incredible job.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Is that a VA celeb? They did an incredible job.

Nah it's ya boy Toby Huss. The episode did have a celeb though with Laurie Metcalf as Peggy's Bobble rival.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

dang ol “lifes funny sometimes”

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I stumbled ass-backwards into a comfortable, easy life for reasons beyond my comprehension and now I think I'm better than you for it.

SettingSun posted:

Nah it's ya boy Toby Huss. The episode did have a celeb though with Laurie Metcalf as Peggy's Bobble rival.

He's a pretty funny James McCord in White House Plumbers too.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

SettingSun posted:

One of my fave one offs.

Goddamn this show ruled, I hope they don't gently caress it up but Mike Judge gives me faith (just not in his political outlook)

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Slow down, peggy. they won't fire you.

You're a substitute teacher, they'll just stop calling.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Ugh... I hate zydeco.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Saw a social media post where someone said they saw Kathy Najimy at a convention and according to her they had started recording the new episodes.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/24720dd2-9d5c-455f-bc66-c943ca360a67

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

loving lmao

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I stumbled ass-backwards into a comfortable, easy life for reasons beyond my comprehension and now I think I'm better than you for it.
Have a pleasant journey, and don't be afraid to ask directions from somebody who has already been where you think you need to go.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Hank would have made the throw. Out of all the people Hank got advice from he incomprehensibly took Gilbert’s.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
well I guess I'm watching the Gilbert episode again lol thanks thread

it's just solid funny

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.
Dang it, Bobby. People are going to see this oil stain and think I'm a drunk.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

FrumpleOrz posted:

Dang it, Bobby. People are going to see this oil stain and think I'm a drunk.

My dad has an oil stain in his driveway and every time we are out front I point it out and tell him everyones gonna think hes a drunk.

He doesn't watch koth so I don't think he gets it and just thinks I'm being a dipshit

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I just watched the episode where Hank was raped by a dolphin. Still can't believe that one made in on the air in the 90s.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I just watched the episode where Hank was raped by a dolphin. Still can't believe that one made in on the air in the 90s.

Rape of men, especially 25 years ago, is usually considered pretty darn funny. I don’t make the rules, I just live in the world that did

Disco Godfather
May 31, 2011

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

i didnt want to watch that episode because i didnt think it would age well but it actually did imo

the dolphins a pretty clear analogue for harvey weinstein and other me too guys. everyone laughing at hank in the alley before bill breaks down sobbing and revealing that it happened to him too. the hotel having a well-practiced scheme to prevent the dolphin's crimes from ever coming to light. Hank just wanting to put it behind him because he refuses to believe a guy like him could ever be a victim before he comes to terms with it not for himself but for Lu Ann's sake was a nice emotional conflict too and was really true to early season Hank's theme of being a conservative guy trying to come to terms with the modern world vs late-season always right hank.

The only part where it honestly felt bad was the end where hank throws the guy who sexually harrassed luann into the pool so that HE could get raped by the dolphin was pretty gross. It was like prison rape jokes tbh where its ok if it happens to someone who deserves it.

BIG FLUFFY DOG fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Jun 14, 2023

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

That dolphin got up under more balls than a midget hooker!

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Maybe this "dolphin confrontation" would be something I'd be glad I had done after it was over.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
Man, just watched the episode where the VFW has to invite Vietnam vets in and its...bad.

Don't remember it landing this poorly when I saw it when it was broadcast.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

The only part where it honestly felt bad was the end where hank throws the guy who sexually harrassed luann into the pool so that HE could get raped by the dolphin was pretty gross. It was like prison rape jokes tbh where its ok if it happens to someone who deserves it.

"Being humped by a dolphin" feels far enough from actual rape that you can still use it as a legit joke to me... but then I've never been humped by a dolphin so what do I know.

Hazo posted:

Maybe this "dolphin confrontation" would be something I'd be glad I had done after it was over.

I still randomly think of the phrase "dolphin confrontation" and start laughing, every now and then.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I doive intae the gentle sea tae free the dolphin inside of mae

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
I hope I didn’t give the impression earlier that I don’t love the dolphin episode. Cuz I do.

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".
The trainer asking the dolphin why it’s always these other people and not him

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Come with meeeeeeeee lesbian seagullllllll

Disco Godfather
May 31, 2011

I think of that episode whenever I see capers.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I mean, what would you do if dale just suddenly left you high and dry like that?

Oh, sug, I wouldn't get out of bed for a week.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

picture ronald reagan

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!
It also aged well in that it's more common knowledge dolphins get up to some horrific poo poo.

The Moon Monster posted:

"Being humped by a dolphin" feels far enough from actual rape that you can still use it as a legit joke to me... but then I've never been humped by a dolphin so what do I know.

I still randomly think of the phrase "dolphin confrontation" and start laughing, every now and then.

I'm reminded of the Simpsons where they specifically gave Troy McClure a vaguely described fish-related paraphilia specifically because it was too weird to be taken seriously, even when the episode was a clear analogue to Michael Jackson's marriage, and other celebrity sham marriages trying to cover up rumoured or otherwise sexual deviancy.

Different note but a lot about that episode hits different today- Troy comes off as a fair bit more sympathetic given he's shown as being entirely uncomfortable and unable to consummate the marriage even though he seems to genuinely care for Selma and enjoys her company; his sexuality isn't something he can change.

Ghost Leviathan fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Jun 15, 2023

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Jeff Goldblum guest stars, back when celebrities on the simpsons were allowed to do more than show up and say "hey everyone it's me, Carpiss Bunson!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

GolfHole posted:

picture ronald reagan

I call this one Industrial Penis #5