Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Highschool me is so drat happy right now :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost
Some of the latest race series in particular have made me *very* loving glad that T10 pulled their heads out of their arses enough to just let people nab a tune and seamlessly buy whatever CP is needed for the required parts, regardless of car level.

For 'Rulebook Racers' I picked the 1984 Nisssan #11 Tomica Skyline Turbo Super Silhouette, and holy *gently caress* that thing was just undrivably fierce. Trying to race that thing around Brands Hatch was just... Skill-issue, to be sure, but mostly I'm able to adapt to a car eventually, but not in this case. And then I nabbed a tune. Not some super-duper game-breaking thing; just something that smoothed out some of the rough edges for me.

And it made me sit back and ruminate on how badly they hosed up with how things initially worked in FM8, and just how important to me downloading tunes was in other Forza games. In any Forza Horizon game, and previous Forza Motorsports game, any time I got a new car, I would go looking for a cool car design, and some fun tune (generally one that keeps a car in its stock class, unless I had some specific gimmick/purpose in mind).

I'm not a desginer, nor a tuner, but being able to enjoy the fruits of the work of designers and tuners was a big part of the game.

In FM8, I basically didn't bother with downloading tunes at all. By virtue of how the campaign is structured, by the time a given car was levelled such that I might be able to use someone else's tune, I was done with that car and moving on anyway.

Anyway, glad it isn't an issue anymore, and thank you to all the tuners out there :glomp:

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
After picking this up in the Steam sale, I gotta say I'm glad I missed all the launch bullshit and the game seems servicable, if not great compared to previous FMs I played - I last tapped out at 4 on the 360.

It's insane how fun Maple Valley is to just scream through, compared to the technical real world tracks.

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis
Finally got FH5 up and running on my PC. It is fun! I don't know why I haven't been playing this all along!

Requested to join GRCC as Thrombocytosis.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Yeah all of the Horizon games have been complete bangers. If you're looking for a semi-serious competitive racer it's definitely not what you want, but all of them are incredibly fun.

It's been what, nearly three years since Horizon 5, right? Wonder when we'll start hearing about the next one...

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

webmeister posted:

Yeah all of the Horizon games have been complete bangers. If you're looking for a semi-serious competitive racer it's definitely not what you want, but all of them are incredibly fun.

It's been what, nearly three years since Horizon 5, right? Wonder when we'll start hearing about the next one...

i kind of assume we hear about it this summer and it comes out this autumn, but otoh we heard rumors about fh5 in like march of the year it came out but have not heard so much as a peep about fh6 yet so maybe not till next year?

either way i am very ready for fh6, especially after fm23 was and still is an iredeemable pile of poo poo

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

webmeister posted:

Horizon 5 was announced in June and came out in November. Xbox/MS has an event in June to show some games but there hasn't been any hints that the next one is coming.

With the mess that motorsport is, and Playground Games also working on Fable, i wouldn't be surprised if they took another year.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
I'm wondering when FH4 is getting delisted. These things usually go out after 4 years, and usually there's a "hey get it while you can" sale where you can buy the game for like 15bux and then it goes away. They straight up gave us Forza Horizon 1 as GwG right after it came out on BC and then it went bye bye. FH4 was a 2018 game so I'd have thought 2022 would have been it, but that didn't happen. Maybe they reupped for another two years?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

It's possible they started doing longer term licensing agreements once they figured out they could keep selling games forever.

bigman.50grand
Mar 31, 2007
no
Have Microsoft ever delisted a first party Game Pass game? I don't recall Horizon 3 being on Game Pass, but my first foray into the Xbox platform was pretty late into the Xbox One lifespan. I was about a year behind on the release of Horizon 4.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

bigman.50grand posted:

Have Microsoft ever delisted a first party Game Pass game? I don't recall Horizon 3 being on Game Pass, but my first foray into the Xbox platform was pretty late into the Xbox One lifespan. I was about a year behind on the release of Horizon 4.

Yes, Quantum break, due to licensing issues. it ended up coming back though.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
Horizon is a lot of fun but I’m sort of done with 5; I’ve completed all of the stuff I care about or that is possible without huge amounts of effort. I started doing random accolades but I’m just not that interested if they don’t reward cars.

I do love the weekly stuff though, new challenges and new cars (fabulous cash and prizes) and I mostly play once a week now to complete them, sometimes I do the daily and sometimes I don’t because I can get the series cars without them. The Trial is love / hate: This week was hate, I love my 911 GT3 ‘21 and drive it in a lot of S1 races but in the Trial I’d get ahead on the straights and then get smashed into by stock (S1 888) Porsche 911 GT2’s at every corner. Had to run it twice because the first was such a shitshow but we won the second in two races.

Zenvo TSR-S: I hadn’t driven it until today, for the treasure chest challenge, and holy gently caress that rear wing movement is funny. It fully tilts left and right on corners, then forward when braking to put the flat side against the wind and aid stopping. Kind of an interesting idea but when mashing the accelerator and sliding left and right it’s ridiculous to see the wing smashing back and forth.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

DRINK ME posted:

Horizon is a lot of fun but I’m sort of done with 5; I’ve completed all of the stuff I care about or that is possible without huge amounts of effort. I started doing random accolades but I’m just not that interested if they don’t reward cars.

I do love the weekly stuff though, new challenges and new cars (fabulous cash and prizes) and I mostly play once a week now to complete them, sometimes I do the daily and sometimes I don’t because I can get the series cars without them. The Trial is love / hate: This week was hate, I love my 911 GT3 ‘21 and drive it in a lot of S1 races but in the Trial I’d get ahead on the straights and then get smashed into by stock (S1 888) Porsche 911 GT2’s at every corner. Had to run it twice because the first was such a shitshow but we won the second in two races.

Zenvo TSR-S: I hadn’t driven it until today, for the treasure chest challenge, and holy gently caress that rear wing movement is funny. It fully tilts left and right on corners, then forward when braking to put the flat side against the wind and aid stopping. Kind of an interesting idea but when mashing the accelerator and sliding left and right it’s ridiculous to see the wing smashing back and forth.

That's my play pattern too, log in once or twice a week to do enough weekly stuff (No online except the Trial, maybe the PR stunts if I can bother) and some dailies if I feel like it, get the cars, listen to a podcast a bit, log out. Then again I'm now working an office job rather than from home so I have to more specifically make time for it, rather than when I was WFH and I could just fire it up any time between Thursdays and do something chill.

The Trial is the only one I have to "worry" about, since I can't pause it, otherwise, it's chill, I dig it. Should finish some of the stories sometime.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Was Forza 7 not on Game Pass?

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Yeah I think FM7 fits the bill there, though it may not have launched on GamePass?

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I will say I reinstalled FM8 the other night because New Graphics Card and had a pretty good time offline. Still needs radar real bad, though. A lot of out-of-nowhere side collisions because I just didn't know someone was there. I'm sure I'll scurry back to AMS2 when I give in and scoop up a quest 2.

Scatterfold
Nov 4, 2008

TheScott2K posted:

I will say I reinstalled FM8 the other night because New Graphics Card and had a pretty good time offline. Still needs radar real bad, though. A lot of out-of-nowhere side collisions because I just didn't know someone was there. I'm sure I'll scurry back to AMS2 when I give in and scoop up a quest 2.

you can turn on proximity arrow things in settings for offline as well as online modes :thumbsup:

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

for the record, whoever decided to put the winter wonderland course in this week's trial and have the enemy AI go straight to ramming speed in every single corner is a loving dick

it doesn't help when the human players are also ramming you straight off the track up the embankments as well

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
yeah that's the downside of the drivatar, it seems nobody drove that course in earnest before, so the AI only learns from the masses doing this this week for the first time

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

The Forza AI doesn't "learn", it just does its best to follow the driving line.

The track has been official for quite a while, and "unbeatable" AI cheats a bit.

stringless fucked around with this message at 11:57 on May 12, 2024

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
the newest update owns, I was admiring the balls to replace the intro music for some random event, but it's badass

helps the trial is insanely easy this week, despite being S1!

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

For anyone who hasn't/can't afford to/is morally opposed to shelling out $10m for one in the auction house, the DeLorean is back as the 160-point series reward, which is the first time it's been in the game since literally the first week of release.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Porfiriato posted:

For anyone who hasn't/can't afford to/is morally opposed to shelling out $10m for one in the auction house, the DeLorean is back as the 160-point series reward, which is the first time it's been in the game since literally the first week of release.

Missed my chance to sell the 3-4 I bought near release for precisely that reason.

Then again, I have 200m so :shrug:

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Porfiriato posted:

Help me out here - what do I do to get this delorean?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

TheScott2K posted:

same question, if its multiplayer involved then i'll probably not be able to earn it lol.

[edit]
Sorry, I just realized we are talking about Horizon 5? Cause who the gently caress is still playing Motorsport lmao.... :(

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

If you haven't taken a drive down the highway where the cloverleaf is by the Main Festival, you definitely should!

TheScott2K posted:

Seasonal stuff! The Trial (if you want to subject yourself to that), do the Monthly Rivals events and post clean times, do the Seasonal PR Stunts / Championships / Treasure Hunt / etc. You have 4 weeks to get a total of 160 points before this series ends if you want the DeLorean. Each week I think can give... 80? If you do literally everything including the stuff in the DLC maps. Worth noting, you don't have to beat anyone's time in the Monthly Rivals, just take it slow and post a clean one and you're fine. Likewise, if you do the Playground Games when they're up, that's easy points because you don't even have to win. Hop in and throw every round if you feel like it, as long as you complete them you get the points.

T1g4h fucked around with this message at 21:01 on May 23, 2024

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I was in fact thinking Motorsport lol

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006

T1g4h posted:

If you haven't taken a drive down the highway where the cloverleaf is by the Main Festival, you definitely should!

That’s awesome. I love the retrowave styling and the new station. I’m still getting through the work day, but I’m looking forward to this festival - imagining a lot of stylish, powerful, and almost undriveable rwd monsters.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Yeah, I've had the music turned off for literal years but I've turned it back on at least for a bit this series.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
Less undrivable RWD Supercars than I imagined but still enough. I hope they keep pushing the theme in the events for the whole month, rather than just random events.

Everything went quick and easy this week but I’m down to like 40 forza points so I need to grind a bunch of arcade events before next week - or stop buying cars from the points shop - that Nissan R390 is fun though.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
hello forza thread

I started playing Horizon 5 again after spending a few hours with it a few years ago. I remembered that it is a fun game, and also lets me be horrible to behold fashionable and stylish. Now I'm trying to play dressup with the vinyl system a bit, and getting annoyed:

There's no way to get these side mirrors to be different colors (red on the passenger side, blue on the driver's), right? Nor make them separate from the body color unless the given car has that set for some reason as one of the paint groups? To make this look "right" I think I need to just make the body black, so that the side mirrors don't stick out - then I can just plop some big blobs of blue vinyl on and call it a day. Might also help it look less weird when the lights pop up, too.

(when I go back to fix it and gussy it up a bit I think I'll make the yellow on the hood follow the curve of the headlights as well, but once I realized that the side mirrors were fucky I gave up on it for the day)

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Depending on the car you can also just paint the side mirrors independently in the paint options. But there's no way to make them different colors from each other.

When I do asymmetry I either pick one of the main colors or carbon fiber and call it.

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Is that the loving Sonic loading screen?

holy poo poo, that's awesome.

Dramicus fucked around with this message at 15:15 on May 29, 2024

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost
Yeah, please do share the details for that one once you are done, death cob for cutie, it's pretty rad looking :allears:

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Dramicus posted:

Is that the loving Sonic loading screen?

holy poo poo, that's awesome.

yeah, that's the idea lmao. it's not perfect (getting triangles to flow nicely on the bumpers sucks, for example, so the front and back bumpers just turn into lines for now) but the idea was there. the hardest part so far was picking a 1992 model car that I thought looked the best for it! I'm considering using one of those image-to-vinyl generators to get "512 TR" and "FORZA THE HORIZON" in the appropriate fonts on the hood and/or back bumper, too

e:

death cob for cutie posted:

I'm considering using one of those image-to-vinyl generators to get "512 TR" and "FORZA THE HORIZON" in the appropriate fonts on the hood and/or back bumper, too

it looks like the most common one of these I've found (forza-painter) is... incredibly bad at efficiently doing anything pixelated because it wants to make everything out of god drat circles

I think what this means is that if I want text I'll have to actually manually poo poo out all the letters/numbers I need from that font. the good news about that is that I can do that way more efficiently. for example, the "1" glyph in the title card font can be made with 3 vinyl layers if I'm okay with not maxing it pixely - which I'm totally fine with, as I think it'll give it a really nice, sleek look. should free up some layers to maybe add some more iconography/logos, although rather than poo poo up the sides of the car with that I'm tempted to just keep it very bold, especially with the 512 TR's side panels

death cob for cutie fucked around with this message at 06:50 on May 30, 2024

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

kinda hoping they announce fh6 at the xbox showcase this weekend. also pretty doubtful though, by may of 2021 we had strong and ultimately correct rumors that fh5 would be revealed soon and would be set in mexicio but we have heard no rumors at all about fh6 yet.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

kinda hoping they announce fh6 at the xbox showcase this weekend. also pretty doubtful though, by may of 2021 we had strong and ultimately correct rumors that fh5 would be revealed soon and would be set in mexicio but we have heard no rumors at all about fh6 yet.

yeah

I have a hunch we'll get Fable first, and maybe the year after that FH6

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Forza Motorsport 2 4k HDR remastered for PC and a new Microsoft Wireless Wheel with a price point of $179.99, all coming out TUESDAY

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
3rd person view is a $100 DLC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Goa Tse-tung posted:

yeah

I have a hunch we'll get Fable first, and maybe the year after that FH6

if we do get fh6 next year, i hope it is a spring release, but it'll probably be fall 2025 at the earliest.

something that'd be really nice to tide us over in the mean time would be a remaster of fh1, but i feel that the tenth anniversary would have been the time to do that.