Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

lampey
Mar 27, 2012

LeninVS posted:

It's possible I was incredibly wrong. I checked PoB before I ran out the door and noticed somewhere along the way my hit rate dropped from 100 to 78.

If I turn on my wraith blessing from a weapon swap, and increase my hit chance back up to 100 my DPS actually doubled.

Il post the PoB when I get home from work. I definitely need some guidance.
Still feels like I would have been happier with switching to the spark inquisitor. I hate dieing to degens, and that seems to be the only thing that catches me.

The vagan benchcraft for hits cannot be evaded on weapons is surprisingly strong. It also covers you with blind, reduced accuracy maps, negative accuracy gear. Only 3ex to craft

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
game has just felt like poo poo since sentinel league imo lol.

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

totalnewbie posted:

Oh, I see you've been to the internet.

I'm saying that because of the lovely white noise players, the Reddit echo chamber is dramatically more effective at amplifying the bad, though. When next league is inevitably a currency-heavy apology league to try and bring players back you will see higher highs than you do now, certainly, but the low end never, ever drops out.

I've been playing since a few weeks before Expedition, and while every league since has been varying degrees of ok-to-bad at release and good-to-excellent after a month, Reddit has been universally doom and gloom sky is falling the whole time, even in Sentinel which, in my opinion, is probably the player crafting power high water mark during that period (and thus the best league for me personally).

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Plastik posted:

I'm saying that because of the lovely white noise players, the Reddit echo chamber is dramatically more effective at amplifying the bad, though. When next league is inevitably a currency-heavy apology league to try and bring players back you will see higher highs than you do now, certainly, but the low end never, ever drops out.

I've been playing since a few weeks before Expedition, and while every league since has been varying degrees of ok-to-bad at release and good-to-excellent after a month, Reddit has been universally doom and gloom sky is falling the whole time, even in Sentinel which, in my opinion, is probably the player crafting power high water mark during that period (and thus the best league for me personally).

That might be because every league since at least expedition has been GGG repeating the exact same mistakes that they inevitably reverse because their players mostly hate them. When you've been playing for years and it's the 4th league in a row where GGG has decided the game needs to be harder and then made it stupidly unfun (even if it's just that way for 2-3 weeks), it starts to wear thin.

The game is still fun but this league was complete dogshit and the only thing that's saved the game for the past year is the atlas skill tree.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
the thing that saves poe despite all the things people dislike and make mad posts about is that the game is still good and fun. it's quite a conundrum lol

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Herstory Begins Now posted:

the thing that saves poe despite all the things people dislike and make mad posts about is that the game is still good and fun. it's quite a conundrum lol

For me I think it boils down to the action side and the rpg side. The rpg side (passive tree, Atlas passives, rolling maps, crafting gear) have all been relatively good throughout, although crafting obviously changed a lot this patch.

The action side has been a complete rubber banding poo poo show with lovely boss designs, lovely balance changes, and reverting solved fixes to their lovely balance changes. The mana changes just made the game way less fun and then they've been piling on poo poo like AN that drags out of the unfun parts of the game more and more ever since.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
Yeah i mean i share the concern that ggg's direction for the game is concerningly at odds with what people seem to want to play. as it stands though, the current state is good and they do undo the stupider changes after backlash. Still they really need to get their poo poo together and even if their vision for the game is indeed good (I'm deeply skeptical at any of the slow down poe stuff, whether it's combat speed or ability to progress characters into late game), at minimum they need to playtest stuff way more and actually listen to tester feedback.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Papercut posted:

For me I think it boils down to the action side and the rpg side. The rpg side (passive tree, Atlas passives, rolling maps, crafting gear) have all been relatively good throughout, although crafting obviously changed a lot this patch.

The action side has been a complete rubber banding poo poo show with lovely boss designs, lovely balance changes, and reverting solved fixes to their lovely balance changes. The mana changes just made the game way less fun and then they've been piling on poo poo like AN that drags out of the unfun parts of the game more and more ever since.

this basically lol

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Honestly the reason why I've been posting despite quitting the league is because I don't think I've ever been this disappointed in GGG? Normally I just leave the thread when the league isn't my taste since other people are enjoying it.

But the whole "lets make the AN harder again for no reason", "sorry we didn't realize what nerfing league mob loot would do and we didn't mention it before the game launch", loot goblins, them stating that melee won't get any significant changes until poe2 this time + the whole other problems I had with the direction with the game was going this year tipped me over the edge.

Do apologize for the bad posting I had at times but I think its probably why so many poe communities have been so angry nonstop this league. (don't get me started on the korean one lol)

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
as a staunch ggg defender (sometimes) i will personally lead the reddit mob if ggg is stupid enough to revert the archnem nerfs yet again

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yeah before when I hated a league I would just.... ignore the thread for 2 months or w.e. lol. im hoping for the drat we hosed up patch to come early or another one of those 'we totally are super sorry' races like in Heist

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
I'm sort of surprised ggg hasn't just thrown up their hands and said "ok, you whiny players win. We're going to leave poe 1 alone with regard to the really basic stuff that keeps pissing everyone off."

Are they afraid that keeping og poe too "easy" and "fast" is going to limit what they can do with poe 2?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
yeah if poe2 is bad while poe1 is good, nobody's going to play the new shiny with new mtx, op

unrelated i got my FR CoC online and holy moley this is great

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

Two small changes that would make the game feel better from the loot side imo:

1) make fractured items drop identified
2) revert the loot goblins for currency only, and balance currency drops to be more frequent like they used to be

Pretty sure these have been suggested in the thread but I shall reiterate them in case there is a secret GGG person here that is a big fan of me specifically

cytoc
Apr 3, 2009

marshalljim posted:

I'm sort of surprised ggg hasn't just thrown up their hands and said "ok, you whiny players win. We're going to leave poe 1 alone with regard to the really basic stuff that keeps pissing everyone off."

Are they afraid that keeping og poe too "easy" and "fast" is going to limit what they can do with poe 2?

I believe that they've stated that POE2 is effectively POE1 with a different campaign. If they can't get POE to where they want POE2 to be a few leagues prior to the launch, then the launch of POE2 is going to be disastrous given the direction they keep trying to push things and the community's response to this.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Dr. Mantis Toboggan posted:

dear lord yes. having to identify 1000 fractured rings to get that single max roll tier 1 stat mod suuuucks. just let me filter for it GGG

or, like has been said before, just global enable loot 2.0 already jesus christ

Svensken
May 29, 2010
Just remove the magic find mods from gear.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

cytoc posted:

I believe that they've stated that POE2 is effectively POE1 with a different campaign. If they can't get POE to where they want POE2 to be a few leagues prior to the launch, then the launch of POE2 is going to be disastrous given the direction they keep trying to push things and the community's response to this.

im not sure the 'hope everyone forgets' strat is gonna play out how they want lol. the reddit tends to over exaggerate, buuuut... ive been reading it regularly for about 2 years, and ever since Expedition they've been more pissed off every league launch and take longer to let stuff go lol. I don't think it's going to work out how they want. people still bring up scourge not getting patches after like a week or w.e.

i think instead of getting used to the new normal, more people are getting frustrated and burned out

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

Larry Parrish posted:

im not sure the 'hope everyone forgets' strat is gonna play out how they want lol. the reddit tends to over exaggerate, buuuut... ive been reading it regularly for about 2 years, and ever since Expedition they've been more pissed off every league launch and take longer to let stuff go lol. I don't think it's going to work out how they want. people still bring up scourge not getting patches after like a week or w.e.

i think instead of getting used to the new normal, more people are getting frustrated and burned out

I probably wasn't very good in Scourge league but I felt like the entire Scourge mechanic was released in an embarrassing state then patched to merely underwhelming. Aside from scourging maps it was extremely rare to get anything good out, and the economy was nearly as hosed as it is now due to every half-decent item going into the Krangler and coming out either bricked or (rarely) multiple Ex.

I'm not, like, mad about it, but I do find it hard to swallow GGG insisting that people need to trust their 'vision' when they release Scourge and Kalandra less than a year apart.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
i wish poe was harder, not slower

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i wish the harder stuff was put in the Atlas passive tree instead of feeling like the game gets harder faster than I get better

cytoc
Apr 3, 2009

Larry Parrish posted:

The recent leagues feel as thought they've launched with underpowered rewards and overly punishing mechanics. This approach really pisses off the dedicated element of the player base who want to set aside a lot of time in the launch window to push hard. These days I don't care so much about the league at launch, because I don't get as much time to play, so they've usually improved things, or have a stated plan to do so, by the time I reach maps.

What annoys me more is the way they seem to be stretching out the gearing process (i.e. this league, certain uniques seem a lot rarer and mid-tier crafting seems less prevalent), but that's probably compounded by the fewer hours I have to play these days.

Playing into the 'hope everyone forgets' strat, if I was in GGG's position, I'd probably want two or three well received leagues leading up to POE2 (and obviously it to be a "good" one as well). I'm hoping they are getting the required pain out of the way now and we're in for smooth sailing for the next few leagues, but given the way they decided to adjust AN for this league, I suspect they're still largely figuring it out on the fly.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Having a blast with Lightning Conduit and the phys damage taken as elemental+call of the void+enfeeble style of defenses. Currently at 66% phys taken as lightning and 78% max lightning res. Still need more currency for upgrades, gonna need Malediction and get to 80% lightning res.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Dr. Mantis Toboggan posted:

Two small changes that would make the game feel better from the loot side imo:

2) revert the loot goblins for currency only, and balance currency drops to be more frequent like they used to be

Pretty sure these have been suggested in the thread but I shall reiterate them in case there is a secret GGG person here that is a big fan of me specifically

idk how the loot was or whatever but whenevevr a big loot explosion of rare items happrns its just annoying and i ignore it rather than pick up and look at 30 items

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Svensken posted:

monkey paw curls, now all MF mods are clustered around the ascendant start position on passive tree instead

J
Jun 10, 2001

The buffs to certain leveling uniques got overshadowed by all the other drama surrounding 3.19. But I've actually leveled and played more builds this league than I have in an extremely long time, and I chalk that up to the buffed and new leveling uniques counteracting the dogshit act1 difficulty increases and other various nerfs. The regen on blackheart rings makes act1 way more chill, bramblejack will make Brutus punch himself to death, rigwald's crest will carry single target damage for any build, and there's a few more that I haven't used personally but look like they might have potential as well. Thrillsteel (the onslaught helmet), is just great. I use an all resistance string of servitude to compensate for losing goldrim to carry resistances. These all make the campaign less tedious in a build independent way, and all of these items are dirt cheap. Unlike hallow palm setups which cost more and also involve running a completely different skill tree than the build you want to play.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Svensken posted:

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
I dunno about anyone else but if the next league mechanic is as bad as this one I'm just gonna play this league's characters on loving Standard. At least then I can have a Headhunter.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

J posted:

The buffs to certain leveling uniques got overshadowed by all the other drama surrounding 3.19. But I've actually leveled and played more builds this league than I have in an extremely long time, and I chalk that up to the buffed and new leveling uniques counteracting the dogshit act1 difficulty increases and other various nerfs. The regen on blackheart rings makes act1 way more chill, bramblejack will make Brutus punch himself to death, rigwald's crest will carry single target damage for any build, and there's a few more that I haven't used personally but look like they might have potential as well. Thrillsteel (the onslaught helmet), is just great. I use an all resistance string of servitude to compensate for losing goldrim to carry resistances. These all make the campaign less tedious in a build independent way, and all of these items are dirt cheap. Unlike hallow palm setups which cost more and also involve running a completely different skill tree than the build you want to play.

The ring that summons wolves is amazing. Each wolf summoned gives you a physical damage boost and it looks like you can have 10 at once. Leveling with helix and the wolves has been the fastest I've done the campaign yet. There are so many amazing leveling uniques. How about an amulet that gives you lvl 10 purity of elements so you're almost res capped and ailment immune at lvl 4? So good.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Buffs to the leveling uniques were nice but I do wish they did more with the late game uniques.

Make voltaxic rift have100% conversion again. I never tried to play with that bow cause I was still getting used to the game then and I dearly want to see why people harken back to the old age of it.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Apparently there is a better way to self curse - just reduce the aoe modifier of blasphemy to -100% :eng101: pathofexile.txt

https://www.reddit.com/r/PathOfExileBuilds/comments/xp6bp8/an_alternative_and_much_better_way_to_selfcurse/

quote:

TLDR: Self curse yourself by reducing the aoe modifier of blasphemy to -100%. You do this with negatively reflected delve rings with the mod "increased area of effect of hex skills". You don't get the '50% less effect on players' penalty when self-cursing this way, so you only need 88% inc curse effect to hit the cap instead of 275%, which you can achieve with 22% qual temp chains, blasphemy and 66% on an eldrich-influenced rare helmet with the lab enchant, but there are many more options available (like inc effect of curses on you).

Technically possible with one ring but you'll likely need two to counteract the increased aoe you will have on your tree and gear. Make sure blasphemy is lvl 1, higher levels give more aoe which we don't want.

I discovered this mechanic before the league started by reading an old reddit thread but I couldn't league start until several weeks in because I was overseas. Once I came back and farmed up enough currency to justify spending divines on trying this out, I was surprised to see that it still worked and was even stronger than I had initially thought.

Not having to use shackles of the wretched is pretty huge qol for the archetype but there is no way this isn't getting bugfixed haha.

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever

Herstory Begins Now posted:

i wish poe was harder, not slower

it’s fast enough now.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Report from recreating mathils lighting bow build : it’s squishy eye-cancer with no defense

Don’t know how much more time I’ll put into it

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

euphronius posted:

Report from recreating mathils lighting bow build : it’s squishy eye-cancer with no defense

Save this post for later next time someone is thinking about a Mathil build

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP

euphronius posted:

I tried a half rear end respec last night, the damage doesn't seem that great to me, perhaps 95%hit rates was my problem through?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The damage seems fine . Battlemage seems very very good for COC. You are just in melee range all the time and I was getting consistently nuked by ANs and door patrols in heist . I could not see anything either due to 4 skills going off every .2-.3 seconds

You can take out Lightning warp and play more defensively.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I may put some time remaking it as a cyclone build but I think this really needs a shield and block and that defeats half of the Battlemage buffs or more

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I want the Ahns items to be buffed. I think they are neat but the opportunity cost is terrible.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

euphronius posted:

door patrols in heist

I think I found your problem

External Organs posted:

I want the Ahns items to be buffed. I think they are neat but the opportunity cost is terrible.

I spent way too much time theorycrafting a build that uses all of the Ahn's items that had 0 min/max all charges. Please do not follow my lead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Have to do heist for the challenge

Well not “have to “. You know what I mean .