Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Fanelien posted:

You will take my Pilot Power 3s from my cold,dead hands. People swear by the roads but the extra grip of the powers is awesome, and you don't lose that much wet grip.

As an all seasons UK rider, I need all the wet grip. ALL OF IT. Pilot Roads are standard equipment in my opinion, at least in this context.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Nerdrock posted:

I might have a problem.

2004 TW200. 5k miles, pristine condition, picked it up for $2300.

Garage is getting crowded.

edit : hit the DMV over lunch and got it legal. Took it back to work. HOLY poo poo this thing is hilariously gutless. You have to ride it like you're in a drat drag race just to keep up with traffic. I can't tell you why thrashing this poor moped just to keep up is so fun, but it is.

Because riding a slow bike fast is ALWAYS more fun than riding a fast bike slow

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

TW200 is also God's own motorcycle. It is a fact.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Yup. The best bikes are where I'm diving heedlessly into the corner, on the edge of grip, scrambling for traction with 1500 left on the tacho in third gear doing 90km/h.

The worst bikes are where I'm using 30% of 160hp and having to slow right down and nurse a ridiculous 190 section hoop over all the bumps and holes and gravel.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar

Nerdrock posted:

I might have a problem.

2004 TW200. 5k miles, pristine condition, picked it up for $2300.

Garage is getting crowded.

edit : hit the DMV over lunch and got it legal. Took it back to work. HOLY poo poo this thing is hilariously gutless. You have to ride it like you're in a drat drag race just to keep up with traffic. I can't tell you why thrashing this poor moped just to keep up is so fun, but it is.

Is your problem type II diabetes?

Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

n8r posted:

Is your problem type II diabetes?

no. that photo is of my friend, who came with me to pick up the TW. I do have type 1 diabetes though. :P

(problem is i'm out of motorcycle storage)

Nerdrock fucked around with this message at 22:24 on May 31, 2017

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

You'll be sorry you made fun of me when Daddy Donald jails all my posting enemies!

Nerdrock posted:

no. that photo is of my friend, who came with me to pick up the TW. I do have type 1 diabetes though. :P

(problem is i'm out of motorcycle storage)
Its a "friend".

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
"Gutless" is kinda ironic, isn't it? That gutless bike is getting ANYWHERE quicker than the fella with the gut.

Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

Well, he gets around ok with my old CBR1000f I sold to him.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Dang you guys are brutal, I thought it was ok to be fat these days

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

dreesemonkey posted:

Your mom just says that to spare your feelings. To bad she didn't spare you seconds.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

dreesemonkey posted:

Fatty spotted.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

Nerdrock posted:

Well, he gets around ok with my old CBR1000f I sold to him.

The CBR isn't gutless, they negate each other.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Slavvy posted:

Fatty spotted.

MODS I'VE BEEN *heavy breathing* DOXXED

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Currently on holiday with the family on Loch Tay, today we took a trip over to Loch Linnhe just to run the roads. Oh my god you guys, oh my god. The Highlands have such clean and well maintained twisties all over the place, it's ridiculous. Tons of clean good visibility turns that let you get leaned well over, frequently followed immediately by another in the other direction so you're flicking back and forth.

Such a good time. I need to come back soon.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Renaissance Robot posted:

Currently on holiday with the family on Loch Tay, today we took a trip over to Loch Linnhe just to run the roads. Oh my god you guys, oh my god. The Highlands have such clean and well maintained twisties all over the place, it's ridiculous. Tons of clean good visibility turns that let you get leaned well over, frequently followed immediately by another in the other direction so you're flicking back and forth.

Such a good time. I need to come back soon.

I'd love to visit Scotland one day, it looks like the only part of the UK that isn't completely miserable. Very similar looking to the south island.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

When did CA turn into r/roastme?

Nice bike dude.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Slavvy posted:

I'd love to visit Scotland one day, it looks like the only part of the UK that isn't completely miserable. Very similar looking to the south island.

It is completely miserable, just in different and exciting ways. I so badly want to do the North Coast 500 but concerns about weather, fuel range, and being burned in a giant wicker man mean I'll probably never do it.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

goddamnedtwisto posted:

It is completely miserable, just in different and exciting ways.

Technically accurate, I suppose. Certainly in Lancs it's overcast (and rainy) almost all the time, whereas up here while it rains a ton it does so in bursts, and it's quite likely to be sunny (if cold) in between showers, at least in summer.

But the road condition and character here is incomparably better, and with much lower traffic, so "different and exciting" counts for a hell of a lot imo.

I genuinely have no idea what this is, beyond some kind of reddit thing. Do I even want to know?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

Renaissance Robot posted:

I genuinely have no idea what this is, beyond some kind of reddit thing. Do I even want to know?

from the occasional compilations that show up on imgur, I understand that it's a thing where people post their pictures (or, more likely, people from their Facebook who they hate) and people make fun of them.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Frozen Pizza Party posted:

When did CA turn into r/roastme?

Nice bike dude.

Razzled hit a mailbox and I commit insurance fraud

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Chichevache posted:

Both true, and also motorcycle related.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Chichevache posted:

and then I bought the remains and "put a headlight on it" :v:

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

Chichevache posted:

aran raped a 14 year old and totaled 3 vfrs in a row

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Razzled posted:

Yikes

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Razzled posted:

At the same time?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Wow, three?

Slide Hammer
May 15, 2009

One of those 14 yr olds was a vfr

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Bought an FZ-10 this week. But I also cut my thumb to poo poo and can't ride it. So here is a boring & bad cell phone picture of where it'll sit for a few weeks.

FlerpNerpin fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Jun 5, 2017

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Hey how about that honda-

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

Spiffness posted:

Bought an FZ-10 this week. But I also cut my thumb to poo poo and can't ride it. So here is a boring & bad cell phone picture of where it'll sit for a few weeks.

that high-gloss grey that is so popular on vehicles right now looks great with that angular design. I'm willing to bet keeping those hi-viz wheels clean will be a pain though.

11/10 I'm insanely jealous

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Spiffness posted:

I love that color scheme

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
I really wanted to like the armor grey + neon yellow paint scheme but it looked kinda plastic-y in person for some reason. It didn't look bad at all, just not as good as in pictures. Maybe it was just the lights in the showroom where I saw it. The white + neon paint from the R6 would be hot on the FZ10.

Regardless, killer bike - hope your thumb heals up so you can enjoy it soon.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

mad.radhu posted:

that high-gloss grey that is so popular on vehicles right now looks great with that angular design. I'm willing to bet keeping those hi-viz wheels clean will be a pain though.

11/10 I'm insanely jealous

WD-40 cleans the wheels super fast. It's what I'm using on my fz-09.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

I'm really excited. I love the colors. The grey is nice, but high-viz is my jam. It's a little plasticy but its a Yamaha thats 13k going against the likes of RSV4 Tuono's, S1000R, and the SuperDuke so for <GREAT VALUE> I can forgive it.

Wheels are always a bitch to keep clean. A good set of stands helps a lot though.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
Noice. I really wanted to try one of those but my Yamaha demo got rained out. Bastards.

Here's a recent shot of my bike with a new Rizoma drag bar. It feels a bit like a different bike now; it feels smaller.

I have to try the controls in different positions before I cut the ends off, and I have to carefully make sure that the controls won't dent the tank.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

TheFonz posted:

WD-40 cleans the wheels super fast. It's what I'm using on my fz-09.

And if that doesn't cut it, Motul chain cleaner goes through everything.

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

captainOrbital posted:

I have to try the controls in different positions before I cut the ends off, and I have to carefully make sure that the controls won't dent the tank.

You probably already know this, but keep an eye out for cable flex or crimping.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
Yeah I had to disconnect the clutch cable a couple times and do some light rerouting.

Also to watch out for: not angling your throttle so that it stops the brake lever halfway through its travel! That was disconcerting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chicagobutters
Sep 7, 2015
I needed to unplug last weekend and headed up north. If anyone's looking for bags, I picked up the Kriega UScombo40. First use was in a complete downpour and can confirm these bags are waterproof.