Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Vintimus Prime posted:

It's the hasbro re-release so it's the older packaging like Rodimus Prime or the original US release of MP10

Ah fooey. I figured he'd get a new package like Grimlock did. Kind of wanted one like that to line up with my other MP boxes.

Edit: Also the reunion of Chromedome and Rewind in MTMTE made me so happy.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Nov 5, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

My body is ready also

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Am I losing my goddamn mind? Am I suffering from a stroke?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DoctorWhat posted:

Am I losing my goddamn mind? Am I suffering from a stroke?

It's probably just an unstable regeneration. I think you need a buxom young brunette to strangle and then things will settle down.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Rhyno posted:

It's probably just an unstable regeneration. I think you need a buxom young brunette to strangle and then things will settle down.

I love Jenna Coleman so much

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Keldroc posted:

A Rock Lord defense force now? C'mon, they turn into rocks. There is no scenario in which that is useful or cool. It's the Tom Hanks "Who wants to play with a building?" scene taken to a level even more boring than buildings. At least the TFs who turn into buildings can do a few things. Rock Lord alt modes can literally do nothing but lay there. It is by far the dumbest permutation of transforming toys ever made. The most amazing thing about them is that Masters of the Universe actually did the same drat thing. I'd love to see transcripts of the original pitch meetings.

I liked and owned a rock lord and I liked and owned one of the MOTU guys. I think I just like transformers that have a chance of blending in with the world. I finally scored that old Heinz ketchup bottle that turns into a spaceship this year, and it might be toy of the year for me. :)

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
It took me a few minutes to realize what he was referring to but yeah I know Spike is talking about now. Those were neat.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Seriously, WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON!?

WHAT WAS THE 2007 ROCK LORD?

WHAT'S HAPPENING TO ME?!

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

DoctorWhat posted:

Seriously, WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON!?

WHAT WAS THE 2007 ROCK LORD?

WHAT'S HAPPENING TO ME?!

It's the protoforms you weirdo.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

But the protoforms weren't super great, were they?

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

DoctorWhat posted:

But the protoforms weren't super great, were they?

He said they were good compared to the rest of the 2007 movie line, not compared to all other TFs. I can't really argue with that. I'd still like a protoform starscream that's not GPSing to death.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

On a completely separate matter, a buddy asked me to cast his Black Zarak head and spear and it's making me nervous as gently caress because I have minimal casting experience with smaller parts. Have any of you ever found a reliable tutorial for casting larger pieces?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

So, everyone reads Whirl's dialogue in Bender's voice, right? It's not just me?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Also Tom Hanks is a fucktard because building-formers are awesome as playsets

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I would also totally go for some Transfarmers who turn into tractors and combine harvesters and poo poo.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

An Angry Bug posted:

Look at how wrong you all are. ForeverSmug's rage burns bright and pure, and that means they're fine by me. :colbert:

:glomp:

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

DoctorWhat posted:

I use prime wheeljack because that voice defines "trying so hard to be gung ho and cool and just being annoying" to me.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Rock lords own. Had the 2 headed one. Never found his accessories. Jewel Lords Getty me hot and bothered. Sorry driving

Also will do secret Santa

ForeverSmug fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Nov 5, 2014

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

DoctorWhat posted:

Nah, too gravelly. I think I read him as somewhere between Robert Picardo doing Amazo the Android and John Travolta doing Nicholas Cage as Castor Troy.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

DoctorWhat posted:

I wish I naturally read voices into comic characters. But if I stop and think about it I would say he sounds more like Mark Hamill on dexedrine or something. He's very animated.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

ForeverSmug posted:

Sorry driving
Wait are you posting while driving?

I hope nobody else gets killed from your incredible stupidity you piece of poo poo

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

Wait are you posting while driving?

I hope nobody else gets killed from your incredible stupidity you piece of poo poo

Traffics been backed up for 2 hr. I'm just parked. Very gay.

Also lol

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

SpikeMcclane posted:

So horrible that the concept was resurrected for the 2007 movie and made one of the best toys of the line.

The protoforms? :roflolmao:

What, do they get a pass for being articulated or something? Because I bought both of them on sight like an idiot and instantly regretted it.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
I actually really liked protoform Optimus, I thought it was cute that he was an alien space truck cab and a meteorite at the same time.

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat
I know i'm late in saying this but Rock Lords kick rear end!

They even had a combiner team that formed:

ROCKASAURUS REX!

Also, I saw a new Jhiaxus in person the other day.

Did they really have to use that type of orange!?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Lepecard posted:

Yes. Yes they did. :allears:

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

The_Doctor posted:

So... Talking of Secret Santa.. Who's up for it?

Late to the party but I'd be cool doing Secret Santa again. Though I'm not sure if my present ever got to my Secret Santa last year.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
The rocklords told teletraan 1 or whatever to find them some cool ancient alt modes like the dinobots and it just went "these are rocks not bones" and you can figure out the rest. I think I always played with them in like a G1 season 3 scenario where the transformers have gone somewhere and caused a ruckus or Galvatron had heard of some cool thing on a planet and then it turned out it was rock lords. Thinking about it I have vague memories of Apeface throwing them at Highbrow, Brainstorm loving them and Hardhead proving he was dumber than rocks for real. This is like 20 years later and it's all coming back.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Lepecard posted:

Maybe he's just terrified of dying in an avalanche or being shot by a hunter.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

DoctorWhat posted:

Close. Whirl's the crazy orange robot from Futurama who does the stabbings.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Diet Poison posted:

Close. Whirl's the crazy orange robot from Futurama who does the stabbings.

No, that's Pharma-when-he-gets-manic.

"You're in the box! Hah-hah!"

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Lepecard posted:

I don't care about Jhiaxus as a character, and I certainly don't care much for that mold, but I'll be honest, when I saw that orange in person, I bought it purely on the basis that I don't own anything else that orange.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Jhiaxus was okay in g2. Idw jhiaxus is terrible. It's now now kind of hilarious in hindsight that all the things that were previously his inventions exclusively because he's so smart and special are now things transformers used to be able to do all the time and he just rediscovered them. He's both dead and kind of irrelevant.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I don't know about Rocklords, but so long as we're talking weird off-brand transformers, I had a set of these guys as a kid, and they were rad as hell.

They didn't transform 7 right in the picture though; he's supposed to have the bottom fold out in a giant duck foot.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
I find Whirl-pool annoying. We get it, oh you so wacky omg, acting so reckless and zany and homicidal. How endearing and refreshing.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Lepecard posted:

I know i'm late in saying this but Rock Lords kick rear end!

They even had a combiner team that formed:

ROCKASAURUS REX!

Oh my god! I had that! I didn't know it was a Rock Lord thing!

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Ka0 posted:

I find Whirl-pool annoying. We get it, oh you so wacky omg, acting so reckless and zany and homicidal. How endearing and refreshing.

Well, it's pretty obviously at-least-partly a facade. He's deeply insecure and self-loathing and miserable, in large part due to his empurata.

He wants his hands back :smith:

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Oh hey I'm down for the thing this year.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
I have Protoform Starscream and he's neat. Rock Lords are neat too, especially Tombstone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peter Bazooka
Sep 29, 2005

This isn’t really anything I think I like.

DoctorWhat posted:

Well, it's pretty obviously at-least-partly a facade. He's deeply insecure and self-loathing and miserable, in large part due to his empurata.

He wants his hands back :smith:

That just makes him sound even more like Deadpool.