Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010
I love the shot in the new OP with Kira's claw hand crushing the Heart, and then it transforms into Sheer Heart Attack's face.

This OP is so well animated, and I dig them finally getting to a typical Shonen anime song.

Now we all can wonder what Part 5 OP and EDs are gonna sound like :V

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mugticket
Sep 13, 2011

Also a hand grabbing Kira after he looks backwards.

serebralassazin
Feb 20, 2004
I wish I had something clever to say.

JDRockefeller posted:

I love the shot in the new OP with Kira's claw hand crushing the Heart, and then it transforms into Sheer Heart Attack's face.

This OP is so well animated, and I dig them finally getting to a typical Shonen anime song.

Now we all can wonder what Part 5 OP and EDs are gonna sound like :V

I remember a goon saying Part 5's ED should be Gangster's Paradise by Coolio. I like that suggestion.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

we're also going to get a third OP as well, so there's that to look forward to still as far as part 4 goes

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Mugticket posted:

Also a hand grabbing Kira after he looks backwards.
Oh fuuuuuck...

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Begemot posted:

Sure, why not.

「 Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap」 is capable of traveling to other dimensions whenever President Valentine goes 「 between」 things. It can be literally anything, one time he traveled using a train that was running him over. This allows Valentine to transfer D4C along with all his memories to another Valentine. There is only one D4C in the multiverse, just like there's only one Jesus.

Whenever someone comes into contact with their doppelganger from another dimension they turn into menger sponges and obliterate each other because it looks cool.

Tusk act 4 and Gyro's natural stand 「 Ball Breaker」 (yes really) have the ability to cross dimensional barriers and actually damage Valentine after he comes under the protection of 「 Love Train」, a stand effect that is generated when Lucy Steel absorbs all the parts of Jesus' corpse, turns into a robot, and spontaneously generates his head in her womb.

SBR is loving wild.

Anyway, Love Train protects Valentine from all harm by redirecting it at other people around the world randomly. The only way to counteract this is to use the perfect form of 「 spin」and the 「 golden ratio」 by riding a horse perfectly. Johnny finally masters this technique and is able to evolve Tusk to it's final form, and kill Valentine once and for all in a way that even D4C can't get him out of.

I'm not even going to try to explain anything about the ending of Stone Ocean.

e: I mixed up Ticket to Ride and Love Train. I'm a terrible jojo fan :smith:

FirstAidKite posted:

The pucci stuff is pretty easy to explain tho compared to some of the other stuff that happens in the series.

Dio left behind some steps to follow to obtain the ultimate stand power so that you can end the world in 2012. The final instruction was to be at a specific place and time so that you can pass through some specific coordinates. Pucci is using his stand's control of gravity to float up to the coordinates so he can reach them faster than if he just waited for the earth to take him there normally.

standard owl posted:

One of Pucci's stands lets him manipulate gravity, so he zero-g floats up to a specific coordinate at a specific time for a specific reason.

Hey thanks, that was all really helpful and I appreciate it!

Johnny Joestar posted:

just read the manga, imo, because there's literally no reason not to if you've already read 4 and 5

This, however, was not. <:mad:>

FirstAidKite posted:

New op is pretty generic but that's ok, not bad, just kinda meh. IMO. I really like the end bit tho with Kira turning and the zoom-in on killer queen's eye. That's a real good part.

Yeah, the OP is good but I can't help but feel like it stops a good 20-25 seconds before it should. All of the other ones started and build themselves up before ending and not feeling too short but this one feels like it doens't go on for long enough if that makes sense. But that's just talking about the song, I've got no problems with the animation or hints in it or anything.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

serebralassazin posted:

I remember a goon saying Part 5's ED should be Gangster's Paradise by Coolio. I like that suggestion.

Araki doesn't speak English, at least not much, so I doubt we'll get an ending based on the lyrics fitting. It's usually about the mood of the music itself.

RareAcumen posted:

Yeah, the OP is good but I can't help but feel like it stops a good 20-25 seconds before it should. All of the other ones started and build themselves up before ending and not feeling too short but this one feels like it doens't go on for long enough if that makes sense. But that's just talking about the song, I've got no problems with the animation or hints in it or anything.

The OP is about 70 seconds and most anime OPs are 90 seconds, so that's not surprising. Crazy Noisy Bizarre Town was short, too.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

next week

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

I cannot wait to see how they handle the bugout eyes

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

hoobajoo posted:

Araki doesn't speak English, at least not much, so I doubt we'll get an ending based on the lyrics fitting. It's usually about the mood of the music itself.

Was the Walk Like An Egyptian ED just a happy coincidence, then?

serebralassazin
Feb 20, 2004
I wish I had something clever to say.

hoobajoo posted:

I didn't know he chose the songs for the ending himself, that's pretty cool of him. I have listened to music from other countries and while I didn't understand what they were saying I could appreciate the beat/rhythm or singing from the performers so don't think it would be impossible. Maybe someone from David Productions could even suggest it to him as a hey it would be pretty funny/cool if we used this as the ED. Also, as cartoon duck said, there have been other english songs such as Roundabout, Walk Like an Egyptian and most recently I Want You.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Pretty sure he's not SO bad at English that he doesn't know what "Egyptian" means

Apes-Ma
Aug 9, 2011

Your cage isn't getting any bigger.
Roundabout makes about as much sense lyrically as your average anime OP/ED.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Next week is one of like three(?) times Jotaro actually uses Star Platinum and does something cool, so that'll be nice

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

multijoe posted:

Next week is one of like three(?) times Jotaro actually uses Star Platinum and does something cool, so that'll be nice

I'll have you know that rapidly punching people in the face is incredibly cool, and Jotaro does that often. :colbert:

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

multijoe posted:

might I interest you in an anime called stardust crusaders?

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Stairmaster posted:

might I interest you in an anime called stardust crusaders?

Absence makes the heart grow fond

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Watched the new episode with an anime only buddy of mine and yeah he came right to the conclusion that Flashback Man was Josuke sent back in time. Part of me wanted to stop him from going down that line of thought, but that's no fun and kinda mean, so whatever I'll just wait till the end if he remembers and considers it a plothole. He's really enjoying Part 4, but is anxious for a main villain to show up, which is understandable.

He also asked if any main characters eat it like Part 3, and I told him yes, thinking about Shigechi, but man that's gonna make Bites The Dust real intense. He also tried to read Part 5 which I was proud of, but he saw Koichi and instantly stopped in fear of spoilers, so fair.

e:

TriffTshngo posted:

Jotaro isn't present for a large swath of Part 4 because he's busy in his hotel room, writing the sickest one liners you'll ever hear for the fateful day when he does get to fight someone again.
jotaro was loving stoked to drop that watch/face line, really put in the work on that one

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Jul 10, 2016

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em
Wonder if David will fix the most glaring plothole in Let's Go Hunting: Jotaro gets very close to dying but his face never gets split in two.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Moltrey posted:

Oh fuuuuuck...

Wait, what are we getting out of this? The fact that he turns things into bombs, Bite the Dust, or just bringing up his obsession with hands again?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

RareAcumen posted:

Wait, what are we getting out of this? The fact that he turns things into bombs, Bite the Dust, or just bringing up his obsession with hands again?
Kira's final fate is getting ripped apart by ghost hands after he turns around in the ghost alley.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Moltrey posted:

Kira's final fate is getting ripped apart by ghost hands after he turns around in the ghost alley.

Ohhhh, right, I totally didn't even think about that. drat, that intro's subtle.

Good boy, Arnold.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I was rewatching the OP on YT and someone posted a rough translation in the comments, not sure if it's legit at all but:

The things precious to me look as if they're about to be snatched away.
The devil has slipped into our daily lives
The peaceful time has already crumbled and gone.
Simply, and casually, it is being taken from us before we can realise.
If we were to take it back, now would be the time
Like the sharpness of an arrow cutting through
The colliding of our hearts is beautiful.
I will chase you anywhere
I'm on the chase
There's no place to run.
I'm dashing out and on the chase.
Tomorrow as well, chasing.
I will be taking you down.
The thing that separates victory and defeat is tenacity.
That's why I'll chase you.

Which I suppose matches the feel of the OP quite well.

RareAcumen posted:

Don't look back in the alley.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
The JoJo wiki has pretty different lyrics, but again, grain of salt

The devil steps out into the day
to take what matters most to you
and shatter all semblence of peace
Stolen both easily and unobtrusively
leaving no wounds behind
This right now is the only chance to get it back
Sharp as the arrow that impaled me
The clash of souls is a sight to behold
I'll chase you anywhere
I'll chase you anytime
You know I'll chase you
There is no escape
Start running, chase you
Again tomorrow, chase you
Until I've kicked your god drat rear end
Victory is decided by your demise
So I'll chase you

RareAcumen posted:

Ohhhh, right, I totally didn't even think about that. drat, that intro's subtle.

Good boy, Arnold.
Yeah, there's a lot of things in the OP that are confusing, but that and the very intro being a cardiogram, referring to Sheer Heart Attack, are prob my favorite things

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Jul 10, 2016

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Moltrey posted:

He also asked if any main characters eat it like Part 3, and I told him yes, thinking about Shigechi, but man that's gonna make Bites The Dust real intense.

Bites the Dust is going to be a Bad Time in the Anime Thread but I'm fine with other people suffering like I did because I guess I'm a bad person at heart after all.

Like I said before, I haven't kept up with the anime thread at all lately but I did just flip through the jjba tag on tumblr and dang a lot of people really hate the new OP (mostly the song). :( I love it.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

Bites the Dust is going to be a Bad Time in the Anime Thread but I'm fine with other people suffering like I did because I guess I'm a bad person at heart after all.
There is like no way they can do this, but goddamn if they can cliffhanger before the final episode on Kira thinking he successfully rewound time after the entirety of Crazy Diamond Is Unbreakable, I would looooove it

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Jul 10, 2016

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
eagerly anticipating the AMV of Kira killing folks to Another One Bites the Dust

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Moltrey posted:

Yeah, there's a lot of things in the OP that are confusing, but that and the very intro being a cardiogram, referring to Sheer Heart Attack, are prob my favorite things

Yeah, don't mind me, I didn't catch a lot of poo poo on my first watch until I looked at someone's video of them having a go at pointing out all the subtle references. I didn't even think about Sheer Heart Attack's treads on the pictures or the two arrows on the Jojo heart or all those arrows at the end representing stands they have to go through to find Kira again.

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

eagerly anticipating the AMV of Kira killing folks to Another One Bites the Dust

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKNGwEfhB2g&t=118s

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

Like I said before, I haven't kept up with the anime thread at all lately but I did just flip through the jjba tag on tumblr and dang a lot of people really hate the new OP (mostly the song). :( I love it.

I love the end of Part 4 because good boy Okuyasu just decides to not die. I can't wait for this to be animated.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I hope that the Steel Ball Run anime has "DONE DIRT CHEAP" play whenever President Valentine does something awesome.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

RareAcumen posted:

Yeah, don't mind me, I didn't catch a lot of poo poo on my first watch until I looked at someone's video of them having a go at pointing out all the subtle references. I didn't even think about Sheer Heart Attack's treads on the pictures or the two arrows on the Jojo heart or all those arrows at the end representing stands they have to go through to find Kira again.
If it's possible you can shed some light on what the soup cans during the crew spinning, weird lip cake, thorn flowers, and gifts during the part where the rats run across the screen means then that'd be rad or they might just be cool style poo poo

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Jul 10, 2016

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Moltrey posted:

If it's possible you can shed some light on what the soup cans during the crew spinning, weird lip cake, thorn flowers, and gifts during the part where the rats run across the screen means then that'd be rad or they might just be cool style poo poo

Kira and his girlfriend have soup for dinner one day don't day? I remember the sandwich-Also keep that in mind, I've got a question about that- but I can't remember anything else aside from clipping nails. So, if I'm wrong about them having soup together, I think the cans are just a thing they used to slap hands on because of his freaky hand obsessed fetish.

Gotta be honest, the other stuff you mentioned didn't exactly get explained in the video I watched so it's mostly just guesses here. Maybe the grey thorns represent Hermit Purple since Joseph is old and busted now.

I think the lip cake thing is another abomination that Ratt/Bug-Eaten created by smashing people together or it's just a style thing. And I dunno about the thorns or boxes. Koichi is the only one that notices the Heart, (SHA/Kira) possibly referencing that he is the first one to encounter Kira head on. If Jotaro was there we'd know for sure. Or it's just because Josuke wears a heart on his shirt and he's Joseph's son.

This may be a stretch but, since we see Rohan looking out the window as birds fly off, maybe that's hinting at how he was thrown out the window by Reimi when she was murdered. And also Shigechi's Harvest as his soul flies off and disappears too. Kira's eyes being pink and blue like that may be foreshadowing the ambulance that kills him.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Yeah I'm not sure if Kira ever eats soup or not, and it feels like a really specific thing to use to slap hands on, but yeah it may just be random. I feel the lip cake is def supposed to the work of Ratt, but it looks nothing like the actual flesh messes Ratt makes so I dunno? It's also across from some coins and bills which is a reference to Harvest. The heart thing is weird, because it's clearly coming out of a gift box which I'm kinda clueless about

The Rohan looking out the window being a reference to Reimi throwing out doesn't really feel like a stretch at all, but yeah I def thought of Shigechi's soul leaving first, mostly because of the scattering of birds, which is like a common trope in media when violence or death happens. I really like the ambulance eye thing, but that doesn't look blue at all to me, a more green if anything.

I wanna say I'm looking way too hard into this, but Sono Chi No Kioku had one off poses references in it, so maybe not.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Moltrey posted:

Yeah I'm not sure if Kira ever eats soup or not, and it feels like a really specific thing to use to slap hands on, but yeah it may just be random. I feel the lip cake is def supposed to the work of Ratt, but it looks nothing like the actual flesh messes Ratt makes so I dunno? It's also across from some coins and bills which is a reference to Harvest. The heart thing is weird, because it's clearly coming out of a gift box which I'm kinda clueless about

The Rohan looking out the window being a reference to Reimi throwing out doesn't really feel like a stretch at all, but yeah I def thought of Shigechi's soul leaving first, mostly because of the scattering of birds, which is like a common trope in media when violence or death happens. I really like the ambulance eye thing, but that doesn't look blue at all to me, a more green if anything.

I wanna say I'm looking way too hard into this, but Sono Chi No Kioku had one off poses references in it, so maybe not.

I don't blame you for being skeptical about anything, really. I just went with the cake being a Ratt thing because- I mean they're right there man. I totally doesn't look anything like any of those horrific meat cubes that you get shown though. Honestly, I thought it was Stray Cat at first because I totally misremembered what the thing looked like.

People also keep going about those electrical towers being a reference to Super Fly which seems like a real stretch since there's nothing special about any of them. They're just in the background. No clothes on wires, a couch, you don't even see any boards or anything. It just seems too broad to be a reference since the city's gotta have electricity flowing through it somehow after all.

Anyway, back to the sandwich, why the hell did Kira go through all that poo poo about snatching it back himself when he could've had Killer Queen just delete it when Shigechi's back was turned? No one showed any signs of being a Stand user yet, Kira didn't know any of them, it was just a bunch of unnecessary complications.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Why would Kira want to kill his girlfriend? :ohdear:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Yeah, Kira didn't want the sandwich back, he was eating that and feeling like a picnic with his hand girlfriend in the bag when Shigechi took it. Granted, he could've just walked away and gotten another girlfriend, but dude a fifth grader just stole your girlfriend. By the time he got it the bag back and was leaving, Harvest ripped the bag open, exposing the hand so of course the logical thing for Kira to do was to murder a child.

And yeah I don't see the towers in the background as too much of a reference so there are like five of them in the opening, but they were def put there with Superfly in mind.

Also I re-read the last few chapters of Part 4 and Reimi says that Kira didn't take her hands because it was his first murder and he was pretty scared after that. Makes sense since he didn't have a pink cat to explode the body entirely.

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Jul 10, 2016

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

RareAcumen posted:

Anyway, back to the sandwich, why the hell did Kira go through all that poo poo about snatching it back himself when he could've had Killer Queen just delete it when Shigechi's back was turned? No one showed any signs of being a Stand user yet, Kira didn't know any of them, it was just a bunch of unnecessary complications.
He wanted to recover the ring his girlfriend was wearing.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Moltrey posted:

Yeah, Kira didn't want the sandwich back, he was eating that and feeling like a picnic with his hand girlfriend in the bag when Shigechi took it. Granted, he could've just walked away and gotten another girlfriend, but dude a fifth grader just stole your girlfriend. By the time he got it the bag back and was leaving, Harvest ripped the bag open, exposing the hand so of course the logical thing for Kira to do was to murder a child.

gently caress, I should've said sandwich bag. That's what I meant really but I didn't explain things well enough. I get why he killed Shigechi and all that I'm just saying wouldn't it have been way easier to have KQ just put its hand through the stack of mats and carry it behind them out of everyone's eyesight or something.

Bad Seafood posted:

He wanted to recover the ring his girlfriend was wearing.

Yeah, he wanted all of it to make sure nothing was discovered, don't get why he didn't use Killer Queen to snatch it away instead though since it's way easier to do since Stands are invisible and can't be touched by people unless they have Stands or the Stand wants to and all that. He wouldn't even have to be facing them to do it!

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Jul 10, 2016

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

don't get why he didn't use Killer Queen to snatch it away instead though

Because Kira is a mentally unwell person who destroys every part of a woman except for her hand and then keeps her hand as a girlfriend until she gets too rotten to maintain and then judges his nail clippings to figure out when it is best to go hunting for another girlfriend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I like that Kira cracks jokes to himself sometimes in his inner monologue and manages to impress his new fake wife while thinking about choking women because he's just a really messed up guy.

The Slice Of Kira's Life chapters are some of my fav things in all of JoJo

also the dilemma that Kira faces isn't really Gettting The Bag Back, he does do that though only through a lot of luck, but when he does, Shigechi flips out, thinks Josuke and Okuyasu stole it, and has Harvest search the room. Either way, no matter how Kira had gotten the bag back, Shigechi would have had the same reaction. A little Harvest guy even does find the bag with Kira, but a gym teacher yelling at them for being where they're not supposed to be causes Shigechi to return Harvest and flee.

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Jul 10, 2016