Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Foe Hammer
Feb 6, 2016

Strategy is for people that don't have Swords! Play devil’s advocate even when you know you’re wrong because a blog where everyone agrees is boring!

Xachariah posted:

Remember when he was yelling for me to get on voice chat in a fleet and someone told him I was deaf and he was embarrassed? Good times.

first time I was getting recruited into a corp they asked if I could get on coms and chat and I told them way to be insensitive since I was a deaf/mute. The poor recruiter thought I was serious... lol

ullerrm posted:

STOP BREAKING THE LAW, rear end in a top hat

i'm not actually banned on twitch but apparently you can't connect when your hidden behind a vpn. (I'm at work doing penetration testing)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

if you are doing pen testing how are you surprised you cant connect from behind a vpn

Foe Hammer
Feb 6, 2016

Strategy is for people that don't have Swords! Play devil’s advocate even when you know you’re wrong because a blog where everyone agrees is boring!

Drythe posted:

if you are doing pen testing how are you surprised you cant connect from behind a vpn

not all sites block you, I actually finished a few hours ago and forgot to close the vpn. I didn't even notice or remember it was still on till I realized I was the only one with the blocked message.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
So when the Empress of the Amarr Empire was killed by the not-Borg the way to find her heir was via spaceship gladiator battles?
How do you get that cosplayer to become the Emperor.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Xolve posted:

The other one i'm quite certain is also unsubbed and doesn't particularly care about EVE currently.

wait so is the one in israd the good one or bad one i'm so confused

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
No spaces is the bad one. Let's talk about not this now

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Syndic Thrass posted:

No spaces is the bad one. Let's talk about not this now

ok sounds good

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

So when the Empress of the Amarr Empire was killed by the not-Borg the way to find her heir was via spaceship gladiator battles?
How do you get that cosplayer to become the Emperor.

That's how the Amarr always chose their emperors, which is the same way the recent Empress.

There was a bunch of ~lore~ that involved her losing the ritual tournament, committing the ritual suicide for losing, then "magically" coming back from the dead (rumor is she's a capsuleer which is forbidden for her caste in Amarrian society) a while later and usurping the throne.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Unfunny Poster posted:

That's how the Amarr always chose their emperors, which is the same way the recent Empress.

There was a bunch of ~lore~ that involved her losing the ritual tournament, committing the ritual suicide for losing, then "magically" coming back from the dead (rumor is she's a capsuleer which is forbidden for her caste in Amarrian society) a while later and usurping the throne.

Yup -- and her cloning process was hosed up, causing her to have a split personality and share a body with a Sleeper intelligence (the Other), which is why the Drifters killed her.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Landsknecht posted:

wait so is the one in israd the good one or bad one i'm so confused

dude in israd is the hosed up permabanned one, other dude is the south african

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ullerrm posted:

Yup -- and her cloning process was hosed up, causing her to have a split personality and share a body with a Sleeper intelligence (the Other), which is why the Drifters killed her.

An insane politician. How shocking.

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

dude in israd is the hosed up permabanned one, other dude is the south african

They were both in ISRAD. B_FM (aka Fake Bob) is in an alt corp in <OHGOD> now but like I said, he's basically left EVE for the past 6 months or so.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Unfunny Poster posted:

An insane politician. How shocking.

They were both in ISRAD. B_FM (aka Fake Bob) is in an alt corp in <OHGOD> now but like I said, he's basically left EVE for the past 6 months or so.

god drat it, look the one that was in goonfleetwaffe is the bad one

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
http://i.imgur.com/aXr0aFY.webm

https://www.instagram.com/p/BEV8Gs2xcra/ for sound

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Here's the official ~lore~ article on the Amarr Succession Trials - https://community.eveonline.com/backstory/chronicles/amarr-succession/

Also related to EVE Valkyrie, and some of the stuff CCP showed off at Vegas, here's the stuff about Fatal & The Rabbit who founded the Guristas, which the EVE Valkyrie pilots are an offshoot of.

Fatal was missing/presumed dead until the trailer CCP showed at Vegas - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoFjvWSwAFc&t=1317s

Guristas backstory - https://community.eveonline.com/backstory/chronicles/fatal-and-the-rabbit/

Edit - Ullerm, did you read the EVE Valkyrie comic CCP worked on with Dark Horse?

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Apr 22, 2016

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

ullerrm posted:

I watched that. How often do they do that sort of thing. That is, do lore-events in game with CCP people controlling ships as "important characters." Comments on the killmail claim that her Avatar was poorly kitted out, though.

They should have let players scavenge her dead body, that would be a cool centerpiece for a knickknack collection.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Foe Hammer posted:

(I'm at work doing penetration testing)

:dong:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

I watched that. How often do they do that sort of thing. That is, do lore-events in game with CCP people controlling ships as "important characters." Comments on the killmail claim that her Avatar was poorly kitted out, though.

They should have let players scavenge her dead body, that would be a cool centerpiece for a knickknack collection.

This is the second time CCP have done Amarr Succession Trials, the last one was back in 2005 or so if I remember correctly.

They've done a fair number of lore events affected by players like the Battle for Caldari Prime (which was both DUST & EVE doing stuff), as well as some other events I'm forgetting the names of off the top of my head.

A few years ago they were more common, but CCP sort of caught on that letting the players do all the work and build the lore is far easier/better in terms of attracting people to EVE.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

They do it occasionally. Finding time to do it is a challenge, as it's basically Falcon plus a couple of folks willing to do it in their off hours. (Which is also why almost all the lore events are in EUTZ prime.)

They used to do it a lot more often -- not only did they have a bigger event team, but they had a volunteer branch of ISD called AURORA, where players would volunteer to be actors in such events. Unfortunately, two things happened:

* Event teams learned that they can't make everyone happy, and anything more than the most basic "watch some actors control ships in one system" draws complaints. (i.e. One event a few years ago involved chasing a fleet across several systems, and PL successfully predicted the route, set up a gatecamp with supers, and murdered everyone. Pubbies promptly accuse CCP of intentionally leading them to their deaths.)

* AURORA got infiltrated by nullsec alliances who leaked lore events and ruined them, and CCP shut down the volunteer group entirely.

As for the Succession Trials, they've been done before; the first Succession Trial was basically the prototype for the Alliance Tournament.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ullerrm posted:

One event a few years ago involved chasing a fleet across several systems, and PL successfully predicted the route, set up a gatecamp with supers, and murdered everyone. Pubbies promptly accuse CCP of intentionally leading them to their deaths.

I remember that, it was the best :allears:

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

ullerrm posted:

* AURORA got infiltrated by nullsec alliances who leaked lore events and ruined them, and CCP shut down the volunteer group entirely.

like that time one of them was basically a scavenger hunt and the winner got a hel, and oh wouldn't you know LV just happened to have a freighter full of everything they needed one system over within 15 minutes of the event

Kirs
Dec 5, 2014

Apart from drinking, there is absolutely nothing to do here.

Why this made me sad? :reject:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

vyst posted:

There are no current metrics for modding hope that helps.

blast from the past because i like being right and i was looking at my logs for something else

8/2/2015(8:08:00 PM) Aryndel Vyst: well thats what i was trying to tell him is that "well you know if there isn't much moderation it isn't a sign of a bad team" but he wants it to run like the rest of the orgs and track metrics and poo poo

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

evilweasel posted:

like that time one of them was basically a scavenger hunt and the winner got a hel, and oh wouldn't you know LV just happened to have a freighter full of everything they needed one system over within 15 minutes of the event

3 freighters worth, 2 of them were already in system, we had the system mostly on lockdown but they managed to get the one through because whatever it was only 1 of literally 3 necessary and tada they finished

later on i think? i had a friend in aurora but it was after all the good poo poo stopped happening so he never got to tell me anything :(

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Could I get a link to any news regarding the CCP ambush? That sounds great. I feel this game is like Dark Souls, where the story explicitly being window dressing for the gameplay almost makes it more interesting.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pretty sure its not the same event as what Ullerm said, but its a similar event where Nullsec players hosed with the roleplayers a little.

https://www.themittani.com/news/live-event-brings-fights-and-outrage

Daruna
Jul 3, 2011

:kimchi:

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

VideoGames posted:

It's actually more I am in high sec puttering about and mining and I am a goon. Not some grand goon coalition, just me and my two ships having fun while learning the ins and outs of eve.

I made my own silly corp because it was an opportunity mission and I didn't want to join anyone else's and be a useless burden.

You would not be a useless burden to anyone. Newbies are sought after, cared for and nurtured until they become bitter vets.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

he wants it to run like the rest of the orgs and track metrics and poo poo

should i even ask

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
you know in your heart

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

also can we get some happy puppies after sad-looking puppy thanks in advance

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
he aint sad but fine here

http://i.imgur.com/vOHm3xY.webm

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

a nice bird

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

haha, how much moderating did you do this week?

oh, idk, r/o'd some shitposters

welp, the metrics here say your moderation is slacking that'll be 15 demerits and you need to click 10 paps this week to redeem yourself and keep your space job

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Orange Red Bull posted:

ron mexxico used to make videos dropping his aeon on frigates around amamake

Are you really complaining that certain members in PL don't engage in content you find enjoyable?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
ive been told i did not post a puppy but it is some sort of "bird"?
in recompense
http://i.imgur.com/ldfBMRu.webm

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

I want that dog

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Xolve posted:

Are you really complaining that certain members in PL don't engage in content you find enjoyable?

:ironicat:

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

ullerrm posted:

OSS: Basically, Suas/Tolon went fuckgoons on account of "no, we're not going to continue reimbursing your capital welps in Syndicate so you can run your private R64 empire while never showing up to strat ops." He pulled BOS out of GSF, rebooted OSS, and promptly started taking money from IWI to teat down everything we own. Then he got temp-banned for RMT and lost all momentum. He's unbanned now and apparently is still trying to burn Dek, but he's not very good at it.

um

wanna try again?

I expect better from you flanders

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
That player event was a moving ball of tidi sadness that I left before it went into low and null. The chatter on eve-o and twitter was a flood of tears, I remember it well. It was also my first experience in tidi and I couldn't understand how players thought it was okay as a video game experience.

• Locked thread