Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

extremebuff posted:

is this tennis or smash bros?

Tennis. Every time I play against her I keep getting knocked back whenever I'm receiving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klewer
Dec 26, 2012

How does the online feel so good. It's so fun to play. I've only had one really bad connection that ended with a dc. Mario tennis ftw.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

my first online match was unplayably laggy. my second one i got disconnected. i am not having a good time with tennis

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The end of a long rear end rally. check out the counters when they pop up

https://twitter.com/dinominal/status/1003320013317537792

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I'm kinda mad that they apparently made net play so weak. It's basically impossible to smash a shot from up on the net even if you charge it. It's like they default every shot at the net to be a weak little overhand tap.

I know Mario Tennis historically hasn't really been a realistic depiction of tennis, but as someone who watches a ton of competitive tennis the net play feels super weak.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I've definitely had some really fast flat powershots near the net.

Though I'm not sure if they were charge shots or the double tap version

fa-GYO
Mar 7, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
I suck at tennis.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

How does a Chain Chomp even play tennis!?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

With a tennis racket

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

only 12 more hours on the mario tennis beta. see you on the court

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

i feel like i'm not living up to my full potential in power tennis yet. racket breaks feel very satsifying, mayhap a new G.S. (goomba stomp), loving the feeling of learning about the soul/emotional core of my opponents through our volleys and chosen shot types.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

it seems like everyone is good at Mario tennis online now

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I'm not.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

how do people do the trick shots that end up curving the ball around? or can only Rosalina do that

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Drop shots make me so drat angry. This game is so good.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

i had a great stretch of 5 or so ppl that were equally as mediocre as i am, and they were incredibly fun matches. dont give up

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

when they run at the net in circles during their victory I get very demoralized

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I liked smash bros until I played sb4 online and all matches were 1v1 on a flat stage with no items

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

when they run at the net in circles during their victory I get very demoralized

I could tell that was working on people

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Control Volume posted:

I liked smash bros until I played sb4 online and all matches were 1v1 on a flat stage with no items
Smash 4 is my favorite one but its lack of good single player and its limited online multiplayer really hurt it.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

HORMELCHILI posted:

I could tell that was working on people

nice head games

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

the only person who ragequit on me was because i was doing laps around the toads after every ace

Pteretis
Nov 4, 2011

Control Volume posted:

That's only if you pick the 1v1 "For Glory" option. There are other modes available.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

this one guy has 17k points holy poo poo

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I buddy of mine has like 12k and he honestly hasn't played very much. Meanwhile I'm out where with 60 matches and only 1 tourney win.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
i have 25897 right now

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

I have 1646 pts and only 32 matches. no tournament wins....yet

i think chain chomp will be my lucky charm

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
the online in mario itennis is trash

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I have 15k or so but I stopped at 69 wins. Can't wait for the 22nd

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

mysterious loyall X posted:

the online in mario itennis is trash

I've had more matches than not that starts at 3 or 4 bars and it goes down to one during the first or second serve, it stinks

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Finally playing Mario Kart 8 (Wii U) and it's amazing.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

I lost my first finals match but man was it crazy

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Is there any way to add people you've played against to your friends list? I just played a super intense, fun match against someone and now I wanna be their friend.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

NienNunb posted:

Is there any way to add people you've played against to your friends list? I just played a super intense, fun match against someone and now I wanna be their friend.
Yes.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

NienNunb posted:

yes

just go to your page and go to add friend then search users you played with

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
and then yo/ll have no way to message them or contact them or invite them to play with you lol

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

FactsAreUseless posted:

If you have a chance to play with friends the Switch version is great portable.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

It’s really fun + pretty

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Has, uh, anyone seen this? I'm assuming it's terrible but I wanna know for sure. Maybe it will be like that time I was really mad I was being dragged to see Hitch and it ended up being my jam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Dr. Doak