Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/Jeevesmeister/status/802913709655879680

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctivitis
Oct 12, 2007
Causation or Correlation?

"...gonna tell that to the political elites.

And this campaign understands that lemon bars are. not. cookies. In my view -- what they do do, is have certain cookie-like properties such as the crust and are eaten by hand. But lemon bars are really just pan-tartes. So what the American people have to do -- what we have to do -- is come together and say in a loud clear voice: "Lemon bars are not cookies -- they are delicious, but they. are. not. cookies." And when we do that, when we, as citizens of this nation, can unite on the wonderful diversity of confectionery delights that we have in this country, we will have a voice that the establishment in Washington cannot ignore.

This campaign also understands that millions of Americans are working for longer hours for lower wages..."

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

have you considered though, that both sides claim to hate "the establishment" :smugdog:

nope, I don't see a difference here

Subjunctivitis posted:

"...gonna tell that to the political elites.

And this campaign understands that lemon bars are. not. cookies. In my view -- what they do do, is have certain cookie-like properties such as the crust and are eaten by hand. But lemon bars are really just pan-tartes. So what the American people have to do -- what we have to do -- is come together and say in a loud clear voice: "Lemon bars are not cookies -- they are delicious, but they. are. not. cookies." And when we do that, when we, as citizens of this nation, can unite on the wonderful diversity of confectionery delights that we have in this country, we will have a voice that the establishment in Washington cannot ignore.

This campaign also understands that millions of Americans are working for longer hours for lower wages..."

perfect pastiche 5/5

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Look man, it's all just posturing, it's not like any other country has ever had either universal health care or full fascism.

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah Universal Health Care isn't something that's ever been done, Single Payer isn't happening, Hillary said so. Time to accept it.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Rastor posted:

Yeah Universal Health Care isn't something that's ever been done, Single Payer isn't happening, Hillary said so. Time to accept it.

...so which of us should :thejoke: the other?

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
i don't even know what this lemon talk even is and i am glad of it

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

docbeard posted:

...so which of us should :thejoke: the other?

I was trying to chime in, but maybe I botched it and I'm better off as a straight man.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

logikv9 posted:

when life gives you lemons shitpost about them

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

docbeard posted:

Look man, it's all just posturing, it's not like any other country has ever had either universal health care or full fascism.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Welp the banks have kicked foreclosure activity into overdrive. I just got an email asking for emergency volunteers in the city I used to live in.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

LegoPirateNinja posted:

Welp the banks have kicked foreclosure activity into overdrive. I just got an email asking for emergency volunteers in the city I used to live in.

Stay safe LegoPirateGhost

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
volunteers like to help kick people outta their homes?

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
hey to be fair i bet the alt right/far right/nazis want healthcare for everybody too

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Pon de Bundy posted:

hey to be fair i bet the alt right/far right/nazis want healthcare for everybody too

Well sure, after everyone they hate is dead or deported

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Good fuckin signs:

https://twitter.com/imillhiser/status/803325795825553408

https://twitter.com/benwikler/status/803702962065264640

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

loquacius posted:

Well sure, after everyone they hate is dead or deported

did hitler offer a dental plan?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

logikv9 posted:

ill send you an invite to the next lemon party

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

real life: "okay that was pretty good, what if we made bob page also the president"

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

real life: "okay that was pretty good, what if we made bob page also the president"

this is interestin idea. importnt kwestion is, will mr. page give me skul-gun for my hed. this is get my vote.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

seems to me its more like what if we made that fuckin reporter guy president

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

LegoPirateNinja posted:

Which city? Anyone we can mobilize to assist the resistance (perhaps by eating a bank manger)?

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vxi7JRJrod4

Electronic old men and their .... flexibility

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Nanomashoes posted:

God drat the white bread people got to him too, huh.
Brown bread is both tastier and more nutritious, Orwell and unemployed people!

quote:

English working people everywhere, so far as I know, refuse brown bread; it is usually impossible to buy whole-meal bread in a working-class district. They sometimes give the reason that brown bread is ‘dirty’. I suspect the real reason is that in the past brown bread has been confused with black bread, which is traditionally associated with Popery and wooden shoes. (They have plenty of Popery and wooden shoes in Lancashire. A pity they haven’t the black bread as well!) But the English palate, especially the working-class palate, now rejects good food almost automatically. The number of people who prefer tinned peas and tinned fish to real peas and real fish must be increasing every year, and plenty of people who could afford real milk in their tea would much sooner have tinned milk — even that dreadful tinned milk which is made of sugar and corn-flour and has UNFIT FOR BABIES on the tin in huge letters. In some districts efforts are now being made to teach the unemployed more about food-values and more about the intelligent spending of money. When you hear of a thing like this you feel yourself torn both ways. I have heard a Communist speaker on the platform grow very angry about it. In London, he said, parties of Society dames now have the cheek to walk into East End houses and give shopping-lessons to the wives of the unemployed. He gave this as an instance of the mentality of the English governing class. First you condemn a family to live on thirty shillings a week, and then you have the damned impertinence to tell them how they are to spend their money. He was quite right — I agree heartily. Yet all the same it is a pity that, merely for the lack of a proper tradition, people should pour muck like tinned milk down their throats and not even know that it is inferior to the product of the cow.

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

A bomb!

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

World War Mammories posted:

this is interestin idea. importnt kwestion is, will mr. page give me skul-gun for my hed. this is get my vote.

Anna Navarre: Are you sure you pressed the right button?
Gunther Hermann: I do not make mistakes of that kind.
Anna Navarre: Your hand might have slipped.
Gunther Hermann: No. I wanted Bernie. It gave me HRC.
Anna Navarre: The machine would not make a mistake...
Gunther Hermann: It's the DNC chair! She knows I like Bernie.
Anna Navarre: So you think the staff has some kind of plot...
Gunther Hermann: Yes, they do it on purpose.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Neera is at it again

https://twitter.com/jonowles88/status/803677053937733632
https://twitter.com/neeratanden/status/803783934848942081

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

what a loving scumbag

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

what a loving scumbag

Chapo-sponsored GoFundMe to track down Neera Tanden and have Matt Bruenig drive-by her in the middle of the street screaming "SCUMBAG" to her

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

The same eye cannot both look up to heaven and down to earth.

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

what a loving scumbag

Likewise, I like pelosi a lot, but this is upsetting...:

"Hillary can not fail, she can only be failed"

Seriously, the guy won a district in a swing state that was down by votes. He might know something about turning out democrat voters. The argument he couldn't carry a candidate who had far more air time than him isn't an argument against him, it's an argument against that candidate.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

mugrim posted:

Likewise, I like pelosi a lot, but this is upsetting...:

Seriously, the guy won a district in a swing state that was down by votes. He might know something about turning out democrat voters. The argument he couldn't carry a candidate who had far more air time than him isn't an argument against him, it's an argument against that candidate.

Bad Dems think people like Pelosi should still run things despite being so out of touch with what's going on.

Subjunctivitis
Oct 12, 2007
Causation or Correlation?
Good news, everyone!

https://www.democracynow.org/shows/2016/11/29?autostart=true

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

mugrim posted:

That's a weird argument, Pelosi. A guy who wins his district when the presidential candidate doesn't win it isn't something to be ashamed of. It's an asset.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Grondoth posted:

That's a weird argument, Pelosi. A guy who wins his district when the presidential candidate doesn't win it isn't something to be ashamed of. It's an asset.

The dems need more leaders like Bernie and less bad leadership like Pelosi/Hillary.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
ugh

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Nobody saw Lemonparty.org flyers anywhere this election? rip pre-2.0 internet.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Remember when dems made fun of the GOP report on why they lost the election?

Looks like they are making the mistake, of continuing the same mistakes such as blaming down ticket for not helping Hillary enough.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
*hillary while stealing money from their races* why aren't you downballots helping elect me?!?!?!

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

etalian posted:

The dems need more leaders like Bernie and less bad leadership like Pelosi/Hillary.

pelosi is fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

The same eye cannot both look up to heaven and down to earth.

etalian posted:

Pelosi is usually great, it's just worrisome the coastal divide taking place.

• Locked thread