Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Darn it, I wanna roll for but the servers aren't letting me connect, I guess they're overloaded or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
Emboldened by my EX Luck, I did a couple multis regardless, figuring some event CEs would be nice. But a gold Assassin card again... wait, really!? Oh, it's Carmilla. That's cool too I suppose. Wait, the next card is also a gold Assassin...

...and now I have NP2 Jack.

I'm stopping for now, but I'm seriously tempted to spend all my quartz before the event ends. Maybe saving enough for a potential New Years' guaranteed gacha.

Ruby Prism fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Dec 1, 2017

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Got a gold card to show up with a ticket and it was D'eon :sigh:

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Man, 90 Quartz and 0 gold servants. I can almost MLB this March of the Saint, though. Almost.

But hey I've got a shiny Heaven's Feel for Medea now.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?
9 tickets and 30 quartz and I'm up a Marie and a 5* Event CE. Sure, I can live with that.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Fuckin spooked by Carmilla. Hooray np 2 I guess.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

120 quartz

got 2* marie antoinette and otherwise no other servants.

I am in despair, but at least I can vive le france :negative:

I got 6 of that stupid dragonkin CE gosh darn it

Gloomy Rube fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Dec 1, 2017

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

30 quartz, 5 tickets. All 3 event CE's and 2 Jacks.

I have now rolled as many 5* servants on my NA account as I have on JP. I feel like I won't be allowed to be salty when I roll 1000+ quartz for Ishtar and don't get her next year.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Santa Alter is a cute santa and I love how sometimes she starts singing when you enter the event shop :)

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
I didn't get Jack or nursery rhyme but I did get saddest Lancer

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Martha keeps getting her np voice cut off halfway through now.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Also sup dawg we heard you love gambling so we put gambling in your gambling so you can gamble while you Gamble

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Kitfox88 posted:

Also sup dawg we heard you love gambling so we put gambling in your gambling so you can gamble while you Gamble

Christmas gambling is good civilisation.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
5 tickets got me Nursery Rhyme, March of the Saint and somehow my first Robin Hood. Pretty good deal. The game seems to really want me to have Archers and Casters on NA, it runs pretty counter to my Berserker and Lancer luck on JP.

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

:3: SCALE ITCH :3:

Each of the CEs and Marie is now NP4.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

The 5 tickets got me... another Emyia for some reason, my 50th Medea and three other things I've already forgotten.

Just gotta keep reminding myself that with Tamamo, Vlad, and Gil (e: oops and my brand new Altera) I've already got 3 pretty drat good 5 stars and a shitload of awesome 4*'s I like a lot.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
So, two months, Three singularities, and two events into the game, at the start of this third event, I've finally max-ascended my first servant.

Merry early christmas, Guillotine Boy!

EDIT:

Huh, is this what people call a 'Catalyst'?

Crasical fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Dec 1, 2017

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

:3: SCALE ITCH :3:

He looks so happy! :3:

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy
total whiff on the only 10 roll i was planning to do for the event, but i had the new month's tickets to go and got ye jack

jack and scathach, means im gonna have a real nasty crit team once i can actually level them

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
So this post requires, I think, a little bit of precis.

I first started playing F/GO for real early in November 2016 - right in time for the Extella campaign, and just in time to miss Brave Liz the first time. A bit of a sore point, but then I was around for the Christmas #1 rerun and Jack getting a banner to herself. I didn't roll her at the time, because I wasn't entirely sold on F/GO yet, I didn't want to bother rerolling (the Extella event gave the Memories of the Lunar Sea outfit after all) and I sort of didn't know better. (My Extella rolling did net me Nero, who has also been a JP all-star, but that's a different story.) It was only really Christmas #2 that sold me on the game, and by then I was definitely feeling not potentially nabbing Jack, especially since she, Nursery, and JDASL are the most :3: little team in that event.

So the King Hassan banner rolls around a few months later. I decide to spend the quartz I'd earned in the end-of-part-1 rush and whatnot on Gramps, because I do need a big-deal Assassin at that point, and he was cool. So I get rolling.

I get a gold Assassin card on that banner.

Out pops Jack.

I really feel the need to explain that this is infamously rare. The rarity of 5* Assassins in JP has been a sticking point for ages, because since there are so few of them as permanent rollables trying to roll for them off-banner is absurd. I believe the math has been shaken out to be a .05% chance of rolling an off-banner Jack for any given roll of the gacha. It is a one in two thousand chance. Jack just plopped into my Chaldea anyway, and has since become an absolute core part of the team who helped me get through some of the toughest content Epic of Remnant has had to throw at me. Frankly, I've been happier with her than I would have been with Gramps, I think, and I've taken the time in JP to bling her out.

So today comes around.

I've been kind of lazy about NA FGO - I have the means to keep up with JP FGO, and I'm pretty attached to my team at this point. It will be a while before NA FGO starts to get to the "good" parts of the game, so I usually focus more on JP. But still, I got Okita from the Thanksgiving roll a bit ago, and I have a lot of singularities to go in NA, so I figured I might make a college try of it, and I had 36 quartz and 8 tickets saved up tonight.

So I roll those thirty quartz. My first ten roll on the Christmas banner in NA.

This happens.

So that is now two accounts, across two different servers, where Jack has either come to me on literal lottery odds or popped up as the very first thing I rolled on a banner without having to spend a dime.

I'm not quite sure what to think right now, other than that I think I'm a mom now.

Anyway, I've got her up on my NA account, which is 717,400,907 if folks want a Jack to use for sock farming:

I will try to get her and a few of the others leveled some more and I'll probably get Holy Night Sign on Jack, although NA might still get neglected a bit as I'm trying to get through Salem while it's an "event" on JP (and frankly I have some IRL work to get done). But at this point I think I'm compelled to treat NA fairly seriously now, if only for how absurdly lucky I've been on this server so far. (The Altria? Also a free roll.)

Merry Early Christmas, I guess, y'all.

(My next long post needs to be about how Santa Alter is also fuckin' great and some of the previous reviews get her wrong)

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Congratulations on becoming a mother!

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Aww, I knew I should have gotten all the gears from the Guda Guda shop, but I really didn‘t think I was going to get Jack. Guess a Lv. 70 Jack will have to be enough, not that it‘s going to matter at all until the 50 AP quest drops. The damage even a Lv. 55 Jack does to the bosses of the 40 AP quest is obscene.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Wow, Type-moon lore's had brushes with Lovecraft before, like some of Gille's stuff in Zero, but looking at some of the stuff I'm hearing about Salem, I didn't expect for them to straight up introduce actual established mythos characters like Lavinia Whateley. She now seems to be getting five times the fanart of all the servants they've introduced so far.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
I got a million of the 4 star CE with Kuzuki, two Nursery Rhymes, a second Heracles, and too many other garbage.

No jack :(

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
Good work jack

I've gotten to witness her Crit gain and now I need her to compliment Okita in star-acquisitions. Like holy poo poo so many stars.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Nate RFB posted:

It's moot point anyway because it counts on getting Jack.
Geez, FINE.

60 Quartz with a Present For My Master, which is what I was ultimately gunning for. I apologize for continuing to add fuel to the gacha gambling addict fire. E: Good work Jack

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Dec 1, 2017

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
GOOD WORK JACK

i already have you but good work on getting here

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Bakanogami posted:

Wow, Type-moon lore's had brushes with Lovecraft before, like some of Gille's stuff in Zero, but looking at some of the stuff I'm hearing about Salem, I didn't expect for them to straight up introduce actual established mythos characters like Lavinia Whateley. She now seems to be getting five times the fanart of all the servants they've introduced so far.

there's a ton of Abigail too but they love them, for sure.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Retcon posted:

Aww, I knew I should have gotten all the gears from the Guda Guda shop, but I really didn‘t think I was going to get Jack. Guess a Lv. 70 Jack will have to be enough, not that it‘s going to matter at all until the 50 AP quest drops. The damage even a Lv. 55 Jack does to the bosses of the 40 AP quest is obscene.

My JP L90, gold-attack-Fous-level Jack routinely, with non-extreme levels of buffing, drops 200k Maria the Rippers on male Rider and Berserker targets. Agartha was, needless to say, a target-rich environment.

More than any other quick-focused character, Jack remains relevant long after the meta shifts toward buster and arts. Her stats and kit are just that good.

Crasical posted:

Congratulations on becoming a mother!

Man that feels awkward taken out of context. :v: It does amuse me that she came home twice, though.

also good work jack and welcome home again

Bakanogami posted:

(Spoiler block time)

I'm only just getting started with Salem, but yeah, I was not expecting so much Lovecraft teasing right out of the gate. I mean, Abby's "uncle" is literally Randolph loving Carter. It's gonna go deep.

Although, in retrospect, perhaps we shouldn't have been so surprised.

From a passage of the Dunwich Horror:

“I dun’t keer what folks think—ef Lavinny’s boy looked like his pa, he wouldn’t look like nothin’ ye expeck. Ye needn’t think the only folks is the folks hereabaouts. Lavinny’s read some, an’ has seed some things the most o’ ye only tell abaout. I calc’late her man is as good a husban’ as ye kin find this side of Aylesbury; an’ ef ye knowed as much abaout the hills as I dew, ye wouldn’t ast no better church weddin’ nor her’n. Let me tell ye suthin’—some day yew folks’ll hear a child o’ Lavinny’s a-callin’ its father’s name on the top o’ Sentinel Hill!”

Aylesbury.

As in, the Aylesbury Ritual that will revive the Dark Six and kick off the proposed Tsukihime 2 that's been hanging around for a decade and a half (and probably caused the mana-less state of the real world in Fate/EXTRA).

It's been there the entire time, just waiting for TM to pull the trigger.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Three tickets and a reindeer. Okay.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

SpaceDrake posted:

(salem spoiler block)

a lot of this is the later chapters (i missed that you just started it) so ignore if you want

Kind of, but also consider that a lot of the lovecraft references being tossed around are playing with each other in ways they never really converged in the original fiction, and sometimes there are names that seem like they could just be throwaways. Randolph Carter, who should be a self insert of Lovecraft himself, behaves very weird and hates cats. Salem is also supposed to be a 'closed space' but Carter summons help from Boston. and then there's "that" scene.

Reconcile that with what Tituba/Queen of Sheba's role so far has shown us. She was a servant who was somehow 'made to play a role', as Circe uncovers. She wasn't really Tituba, which calls everyone else's identities into question as well. Sanson theorizes that whoever has created this Salem wants the inhabitants to continue 'playing their roles' or else something will happen. (The 'plays within a play' idea is great btw)

Based on that I think there's limits to the Lovecraft stuff because it seems like either a Lovecraft servant, a Beast, or the leftover Pillar has to do with this as a sort of mastermind. Also it's entirely possible that we'll see Abigail and Lavinia as servants later, and not necessarily with those names. (Why did they conceal Abigail's name pre-release only for her to show up right away?) Well, we'll see.

Space Flower fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Dec 1, 2017

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Is there a baby's guide to this event? What CE/servant should I be looking for?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

Is there a baby's guide to this event? What CE/servant should I be looking for?
david, caesar, robin hood, phantom, jing ke, darius, martha, marie, nursery, santa alter, and jack give bonus stockings
holy night sign CEs give chances at additional stocking drops
use the stockings to roll the lottery over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over
the other CEs are pointless, all you really want from the mat shop ar ethe holy night sign CEs and santa's ascension mats

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
:(

I got the My present to you CE and it's useless? Sad.

I guess this event isnt like moonfest where you just keep doing the lowest ap mission, right?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Present For My Master will be useful as you run the 40AP, in the run up to Santa Alter becoming available. And if you have any of the other CEs, might as well equip them when you run the 10AP and 20AP to try to buy out the chicken buckets and Holy Night Sign (you want all of these before Santa Alter hits on day 6). But yeah, the only really important CEs in this event are the shop CEs (Holy Night Sign) because the main stretch of this thing will be running the 40AP and 50AP to get as many stockings as possible.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

you want to do the highest AP mission your boost servants can manage. dont use anything but the boost servants

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Oh yeah, it appears that this time MLBing a CE does increase drops for all CEs. At least it does on this lv. 70 Darius w/ a MLBed March of the Saints on my supports (thank you, crazy person).

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

Good work Jack but tbh all I really want is Nursery Rhyme.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
Good work Jack but you need better clothes.