Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

dogs are ok but ive stopped dating guys who identify as anything like “doggy dads” that is a big red flag and turns into me also dating his dog and also the dog is always watching us have sex and sleeping in the bed. never again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THS
Sep 15, 2017

holy poo poo thats a bad snipe sorry folx

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

cancel the st udent loans then cancel the national debt imo

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Smythe posted:

looks to me like a bunch of normies and libs like dogs. well, sorry to say, but *racks shotgun* now ive got a bone to pick with fido. this ones for you mao

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

THS posted:

dogs are ok but ive stopped dating guys who identify as anything like “doggy dads” that is a big red flag and turns into me also dating his dog and also the dog is always watching us have sex and sleeping in the bed. never again

lol you dated dogs

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

dogs are bootlickers

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Smythe posted:

looks to me like a bunch of normies and libs like dogs. well, sorry to say, but *racks shotgun* now ive got a bone to pick with fido. this ones for you mao

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Smythe posted:

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Mayor Dave posted:

I'm not lib but I've read ~30 books this year

Do you brag about the precocious age at which you read Harry Potter?

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

no, I won't be doing that

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

two children arguing over who should clean up the big runny dump

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Smythe posted:

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

she could've been bernie's VP and treasury secretary lmaO

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
i am not a doggy dad but dogs get you chicks what the gently caress do you want me to say

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I get that she means 50k per person but this tweet totally says "cancel [a total of] fifty thousand us dollars in student debt" lmao

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Smythe posted:

The Fur Pests Campawin

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Biden could do all of this already right now, no additional legislation needed. Liz has to know this, but her call is to craft legislation rather than to compel Biden to use his existing powers.

Finicums Wake posted:

she could've been bernie's VP and treasury secretary lmaO

I don't think there is anyone alive who hates Bernie Sanders more than Elizabeth Warren. Why that is I'm not certain. It might have to do with Liz being a card carrying republican until age 45. Bad blood over 2016 is definitely mixed in there. Bernie tried to get Liz to run in 2016 but she wasn't going to stand against Hillary. Bernie stood himself and the rest is history. Liz may be mad that Bernie didn't stand aside for her in 2020 and was willing to sacrifice everything to harm his campaign.

Her political instincts are terrible but there is more than just terrible political instincts here. You can't explain, for example, her efforts to smear Bernie as a misogynist, as just bad instincts.

bedpan has issued a correction as of 22:34 on Mar 10, 2021

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

They're both going to point at the debt until the heat death of the universe

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

bedpan posted:

Biden could do all of this already right now, no additional legislation needed. Liz has to know this, but her call is to craft legislation rather than to compel Biden to use his existing powers.

I don't think there is anyone alive who hates Bernie Sanders more than Elizabeth Warren. Why that is I'm not certain. It might have to do with Liz being a card carrying republican until age 45. Bad blood over 2016 is definitely mixed in there. Bernie tried to get Liz to run in 2016 but she wasn't going to stand against Hillary. Bernie stood himself and the rest is history. Liz may be mad that Bernie didn't stand aside for her in 2020 and was willing to sacrifice everything to harm his campaign.

Her political instincts are terrible but there is more than just terrible political instincts here. You can't explain, for example, her efforts to smear Bernie as a misogynist, as just bad instincts.

i can't find the audio clip now, but some law professor who knew her from back in the day said she's always been a rightwing careerist.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Oh Snapple! posted:

TIL that forums randos are to be treated as more knowledgeable than the loving ACLU legal team lol

Well you see, there's actually absolutely nothing that Joe Biden, the most powerful person on the planet, with a congressional supermajority, can do about this. His hands are completely tied. He has to follow all the rules, even the ones you've never heard of! If he does anything, literally anything at all, then he turns into Trump.

And so that's why the ACLU is basically Russian propaganda.

Euphoriaphone
Aug 10, 2006

bedpan posted:

Well you see the Dems are trying to speedrun 'the most progressive agenda in history™', but they don't wanna go for the cheap Any% category. They're going for true 100% completion by avoiding cheap strats like "simply having the VP ignore the parliamentarian to achieve $15 minimum wage"

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Substandard posted:

Get this guy a fuckin puppers!

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Finicums Wake posted:

i can't find the audio clip now, but some law professor who knew her from back in the day said she's always been a rightwing careerist.

I was looking for that same clip. :hfive:

Accepting that she is a rightwing careerist, why would she willingly turn aside the best option to advance her career? What could Biden or Obama promise her that would have exceeded the VP and treasury sec postings?

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

PoontifexMacksimus posted:

Do you brag about the precocious age at which you read Harry Potter?

i was in high school when it came out, so no

THS
Sep 15, 2017

bedpan posted:

Accepting that she is a rightwing careerist, why would she willingly turn aside the best option to advance her career? What could Biden or Obama promise her that would have exceeded the VP and treasury sec postings?

shes also a moron with bad political instincts

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

I remember seeing people in this very forum cheer when Liz fought with Mike Bloomberg. I also remember seeing a great many people donate money to her campaign after the debate, even if they didn't support her run for the presidency.

THS posted:

Liz really is an idiot. Case closed.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

THS posted:

actually I'll have you know she's electable

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

PeterCat posted:

"Under the changes agreed to by Biden and Senate Democratic leadership, individuals earning $75,000 per year and couples earning $150,000 would still receive the full $1,400-per-person benefit. However, the benefit would disappear for individuals earning more than $80,000 annually and couples earning more than $160,000.

That means singles making between $80,000 and $100,000 and couples earning between $160,000 and $200,000 would be newly excluded from seeing any benefit under the revised structure Biden agreed to."

Do the Democrats not think that people aren't going to notice that they made out better under Trump than Biden?

I still can't help but laugh at how much of a sabotage this is. 17 million people that are is demographics that mean they are likely voters.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

bedpan posted:

Yeah but there could be anything in the mystery box, it could even be a VP and treasury secretary spot!

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

bedpan posted:

I remember seeing people in this very forum cheer when Liz fought with Mike Bloomberg. I also remember seeing a great many people donate money to her campaign after the debate, even if they didn't support her run for the presidency.

there's lots of mouthbreathing dipshits on this forum op hth

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Crazypoops posted:

It's funny they think the military is more loyal

It's gonna be like late Roman history, 82nd Airborne getting ready to liberate DC from the 1st Cavalry ostensibly summoned by Acting President Harris, until a USMC landing ship comes sailing up the Potomac with Hunter who promised to hand out the US gold reserve

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

bedpan posted:

she's an academic who thinks she's good at politics simply because she was good at school, hence all the galaxy brain, too-clever-by-half moves like the DNA test, the decision not to run in 2016, the decision to run in 2020, etc.

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Dolphin posted:

Next year Democrats will be responsible for doubling the number of children in poverty.

Please clap.

Highest class mobility in US history!

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
thats impressive considering birthrates themselves are declining

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

Finicums Wake posted:

I got u, comrade.

https://washingtonbabylon.com/drucilla-cornell-elizabeth-warren/

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

Oh my! Check out that mitre!

Finicums Wake posted:

she's an academic who thinks she's good at politics simply because she was good at school, hence all the galaxy brain, too-clever-by-half moves like the DNA test, the decision not to run in 2016, the decision to run in 2020, etc.

Eat the rich
Eat the academics too

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Yeah the Bernie-betrayal thing was 100% just bad political instincts aided by all the Kamala staffers she'd hired who were constantly reassuring her that sexism was Bernie's Achilles heel (because in Kamalaland this made sense as a thing to say). She thought if she said Bernie was sexist and got the networks to play along, everybody on Earth would be like "wow I guess Bernie is sexist??? No thanks" and then she'd get all his votes.

Everything about her disastrous 2020 run can be explained by the fact that she's just really bad at campaigning. I think even the reason that she stayed in until Super Tuesday was mostly because she didn't do internal polling and so still thought she was going to win a few states (the reason that she was ALLOWED to stay in and bankrolled for it by a billionaire was of course so she would function as a Bernie spoiler). Her refusal to pick between Bernie and Biden after Super Tuesday was half because her political instincts were so bad she thought Biden would ever do her a single favor in return and half because by that point her primary motivation really was spite

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos
lol wasn't it the Jons who suggested Warren take the DNA test

Libs believing everything they hear on podcasts is the equivalent to Conservatives believing everything they hear on Fox News

Corporate-run safe spaces for loving idiots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

loquacius posted:

Yeah the Bernie-betrayal thing was 100% just bad political instincts aided by all the Kamala staffers she'd hired who were constantly reassuring her that sexism was Bernie's Achilles heel (because in Kamalaland this made sense as a thing to say). She thought if she said Bernie was sexist and got the networks to play along, everybody on Earth would be like "wow I guess Bernie is sexist??? No thanks" and then she'd get all his votes.

Everything about her disastrous 2020 run can be explained by the fact that she's just really bad at campaigning. I think even the reason that she stayed in until Super Tuesday was mostly because she didn't do internal polling and so still thought she was going to win a few states (the reason that she was ALLOWED to stay in and bankrolled for it by a billionaire was of course so she would function as a Bernie spoiler). Her refusal to pick between Bernie and Biden after Super Tuesday was half because her political instincts were so bad she thought Biden would ever do her a single favor in return and half because by that point her primary motivation really was spite

she got called a liar on national TV by a known mysoginist :rolleyes: