Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

SedanChair posted:

Bashir is a shameless, cake-eating hitman. He can never leave obvious slams on the table.

Indeed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sADkzKGdeEQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
Ok ok. For television bashirs comment was out of line, but can we get a consensus that someone should poop on palin

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

Rexicon1 posted:

Ok ok. For television bashirs comment was out of line, but can we get a consensus that someone should poop on palin
Who's to say someone hasn't done that already, and we've found the cause for why it keeps coming out every time she talks?

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
FACTS ARE A CONSPIRACY BY THE CAPITALIST OPRESSOR

Rexicon1 posted:

As far as I'm concerned he was just merely suggesting putting back what came out.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I'm more concerned about who's nailin Palin.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Acquilae posted:

Who's to say someone hasn't done that already, and we've found the cause for why it keeps coming out every time she talks?

I'm pretty sure she does it on herself, no assitance needed.

Star Man posted:

A good responsible Christian Republican who allows her no chance to enjoy the sinful act of procreation.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Star Man posted:

The Romans? Palin died for our sins?

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

Star Man posted:

Larry Flynt

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

quote:

"My role is to accept his apology and be humble enough to accept it and move on," Palin said during an appearance on "Fox & Friends."

"But I just hope that unprovoked attacks like that don't result in people being hesitant to jump in the arena anyway, to get out there and serve the public or start a business or really commit themselves to changing within their family, their community, their world, doing whatever that they can, despite the fact that in this world, you are gonna be hurt and attacks will come your way. I just hope an attack like that doesn't make people hesitate."

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/palin-hopes-bashir-s-unprovoked-won-t-stop-people-from-starting-a-business

In the same way, I presume, that black people shouldn't hesitate to aspire to the presidency after all the "palling around with terrorists" and "death panels" crap you spewed about Obama?

beatlegs fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Dec 5, 2013

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Yeah the worst thing about him quiting is that it gives Palin the podium to be a typical persecuted conservative after she just inferred that a bad government health plan is like enslaving a race of people because someone said something mean about her afterward.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Miltank posted:

Left wing radio could work, but it will never exist because there is no money in it.

Pacifica has been around since the 60's.

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.

Incorrect Username posted:

I followed the Sandra Fluke facebook page as well as the page of Rush's sponsors who pulled out after the incident and yes, thats exactly what they believed.

Rush Limbaugh, 12/5/2013 posted:

Let me address something here. Right when the program began, Mr. Snerdley asked me, "So are you gonna play all these pope sound bites that you've got building up?" I said, "No, I'm not gonna play 'em," and this is why, exactly what we're talking about now. This is another manufactured controversy. I happen to be a villain in this massive soap opera script. I give you an illustration.
Remember there was a woman once who testified before a fake congressional committee who demanded $3,000 worth of birth control pills, paid for by everybody else, and we calculated that you'd have to be having sex, I mean, 25 times a day to run through that much birth control pills? So I used a word to describe it and I actually did not use the word I meant to use but I used the word, and you remember for two weeks that is all anybody was talking about.
There were massive efforts to cancel this program and get me thrown off the soap opera, to get me written out of the script, if you'll recall that. You do? You recall that? Okay. Now, let's go back to this guy named Martin Bashir. I told you a joke. I used an inappropriate word. I didn't even use the word I intended to use. (Frankly, I don't even know if it makes sense to revisit it.) The word I did use, I thought, meant the same thing as the word I wanted to use.

Anyway.
There was one other thing too that the pope said that I reacted to. The pope was critical of "trickle-down economics." Now, come on, folks. What is trickle-down economics associated with? Even low-information voters know trickle-down economics equals Reagan equals what? "Hatred of the poor! The rich get richer, income inequality, all of that. It's nothing but lies." Trickle-down is supposedly a failure. It doesn't work.
What the left wants everybody to believe trickle-down is that the rich, many of whom are rich unfairly, will give their money away. "Knowing that they have more than they need and seeing their fellow citizens suffering, the rich will give that money away -- and you know, it never happens. Therefore, trickle-down doesn't work." That's not what trickle-down is. George Soros isn't giving his money away. He's donating it to causes for which he expects a return, but he's not giving it away.
Isn't that timely? So the pope comes out against the growing inequality, and a week later, here comes the president of the United States out there talking about income inequality. Just a little too cute. Now, there are two big so-called Catholic groups that are leading this attack on me and trying to get cable news to discuss this in terms of the soap opera, and they are both funded by George Soros.
The more people spend and the more commerce there is, the more trickle-down. What the left wants you to think is that when the rich get their money, they hoard it and they don't spend it, which is asinine. When's the last time you saw a really rich person driving, what, a four-cylinder turbo-charged little lawn mower? You don't see it. You see 'em in Mercedes and Bentleys and Rolls-Royces and whatever the hell else.
They have these huge homes that there are people that work at. You would not believe the landscaping budget some of these evil rich people. Trickle-down is precisely what works, and the more of it, the better.
It is how people earn more money, but the left has got this butchered, convoluted definition of it that the rich either don't give their money away or they don't spend it, because they don't want to share. They've got theirs, but you're not gonna get yours, and they got theirs by taking yours.
That's the asinine, cockamamie theory that they want everybody to believe, and to hear the pope regurgitate this? I can't tell you how disappointing that was. The pope is one of the most powerful men in the world, and we would expect him to be one of the most informed. If it weren't for trickle-down, the Catholic Church wouldn't have any donations. Trickle-down is a good, good thing. It's exactly what happens. But the left has defined it in such a way that it's got a bad taste.
It's got bad PR. It's got a bad brand, bad image. "Trickle-down? Yeah, that doesn't work." It does, every time it's tried. Just like abstinence, by the way. It works every time it's tried.
Everybody who engages in commerce is engaging in trickle-down. There's nobody, other than a welfare recipient, who is only on the receiving end of trickle-down. By the way, one of these Catholic groups all over me supports "abortion rights," and they call themselves a Catholic group.
I mean, it's all a phony bunch of politicians.
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2013/12/05/i_won_t_play_villain_in_the_pope_soap
What was that word, Limbaugh? I think there is even audio of you saying it. And that Congressional testimony? Phony. Staged. Purely setup by George Soros and his dirty money to sully Limbaugh's good name!
On top of all this he was going off during his opening monologue about how the Republican party was the party for the poor up until Obama did his speech about income inequality yesterday :ughh:

Really I shouldn't be surprised, but dude just straight up lies to his listeners in practically every sentence emanating from his jowls and his listeners continue to eat it up.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
She just like used palinadlibs.com or something for that right?

E: holy poo poo is there some Alex Jones/Rush Limbaugh cross-breeding going on?

Phone fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Dec 5, 2013

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I was really considering turning a state governor job I couldn't finish and a bad decision by John McCain into a multi million dollar industry that doesn't ask anything of me beyond a few facebook posts and showing up to a TV interview sometimes but then I thought about it and I think someone might say they wished someone would poo poo in my mouth and I just can't deal with that.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I'm also going to stop posting here because just being on somethingawful gives you daily 1 in 15 odds that someone tells you they wish someone would poo poo in your mouth. It's not always an insult though so adjust the number accordingly.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
gently caress I remember when we crowdfunded to get a few nice Brazilian ladies to actually poo poo in eachothers mouths.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Intel&Sebastian posted:

gently caress I remember when we crowdfunded to get a few nice Brazilian ladies to actually poo poo in eachothers mouths.

But what if they seize the means of production, and poo poo in our mouths? It's enough to make a man retire from job creation.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Sir Tonk posted:

Pacifica has been around since the 60's.

And they have no money. The one here in New York recently had to fire nearly everyone at the station.

For that matter, Air America didn't have money for more or less it's whole existence.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

SedanChair posted:

But what if they seize the means of production, and poo poo in our mouths? It's enough to make a man retire from job creation.

Join me in Galts Felch

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

Ronald McReagan posted:

I travel and stay in hotels a lot for work; recently I've noticed a sharp uptick in the frequency of people coming into the breakfast area and shouting about how the staff NEED TO COME OVER AND GET THIS TV CHANGED TO THE FOX NEWS PLEASE. HNNHH. Has there been some kind of "make sure you get fairness and balance with your continental breakfast!" campaign going on, or is it just my luck?

I used to be a hospital receptionist. We got tons of requests for Fox News. My supervisor said I could tell them we didn't get that station :smug:

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

kik2dagroin posted:

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2013/12/05/i_won_t_play_villain_in_the_pope_soap
What was that word, Limbaugh? I think there is even audio of you saying it. And that Congressional testimony? Phony. Staged. Purely setup by George Soros and his dirty money to sully Limbaugh's good name!
On top of all this he was going off during his opening monologue about how the Republican party was the party for the poor up until Obama did his speech about income inequality yesterday :ughh:

Really I shouldn't be surprised, but dude just straight up lies to his listeners in practically every sentence emanating from his jowls and his listeners continue to eat it up.

Rush Limbaugh, a grown man, has literally no idea how birth control pills work.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

PUGGERNAUT posted:

To be fair this is probably true of the majority of people.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

PUGGERNAUT posted:

Which is surprising, as he's an expert on several other types of pills.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

PUGGERNAUT posted:

Dominican boys don't need to take the pill.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

PUGGERNAUT posted:

He doesn't know if Dominican teenagers can get pregnant.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I can't believe I knew more about how birth control pills worked when I was a preteen boy than Rush Limbaugh does now. Sex education is a good thing.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
He probably knows, he just thinks that his audience doesn't, and thus lied his rear end off to them.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Income inequality is a thing (it's totally not a thing but if it WERE a thing it'd be because...) the nuclear family is less of a thing now. Or something. I started getting interference and switched stations.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

ponzicar posted:

It stills exists, at least in some areas.

KTLK in the Los Angeles area for example. It used to be part of Air America, but now it's owned by Clear Channel.

I just found out as of next month, it's going virtually all-syndicated right wing talk including Rush and Hannity:

http://radioinsight.com/blog/headlines/86875/clear-channel-moving-rush-limbaugh-in-los-angeles-san-francisco/

I know Rush's previous station is also Clear Channel-owned, but they have popular local shows and is by far the most popular AM station in LA.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Here, have a Fox News think piece titled Pope Francis is the Catholic Church's Obama.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

PUGGERNAUT posted:

I'm pretty sure he knows. Say what you will about Rush but he isn't stupid. Far from it, really. Dude is smart. Not like genius smart but he's far from stupid. He just throws out facts and makes up new ones when it suits his argument. You don't need to be a stupid person to ask yourself "how can I twist this to support my world view?"

I imagine he's also making a basic assumption that she's relying ONLY on morning-after pills EVERY time she has sex. But really, this is typical right-wing "let's twist reality until it fits our purposes" bullshit. Kind of like teaching high school kids that birth control doesn't work and condoms don't do anything except make sex less fun. They're knowingly spreading deliberate misinformation.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Joementum posted:

Here, have a Fox News think piece titled Pope Francis is the Catholic Church's Obama.

I'm an ex-Christian atheist, but somehow I still manage to be offended on Jesus' behalf by the anti-poor rhetoric offered by ostensible right wing Christians.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

WampaLord posted:

Dominican boys don't need to take the pill.

Okay I might be reading this on but I thought Rush was raised Methodist.

Edit I am an idiot, not that surprising that the guy is a child fucker. He's a big enough piece of poo poo.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Dr Christmas posted:

I'm an ex-Christian atheist, but somehow I still manage to be offended on Jesus' behalf by the anti-poor rhetoric offered by ostensible right wing Christians.

It's like even though I don't believe in that stuff anymore, I really, really hate to hear people lying about it.

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004

ToxicSlurpee posted:

condoms don't do anything except make sex less fun

To be fair this totally 100% true.

khazar sansculotte
May 14, 2004

Gozinbulx posted:

To be fair this totally 100% true.

Right, they definitely don't prevent diseases or unwanted pregnancies or anything.

Wet and ready
Feb 12, 2013

Got your Back!
Trust Me.

Joementum posted:

So Fox thinks they can go after the Papa? 25% of the US population is Catholic. I know Fox rallies the base by demonizing everyone else, but it's getting to the point that the US population pretty much IS everyone else.

51% female
25% Catholic
17% Hispanic
13% Black
12% foreign-born
1.7 Gay/lesbian

They're lucky there is some overlap or they would be in negative numbers.

Edit: Oh yeah, let's not forget Romney's 49%.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

:doh:

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
I like the attacks on Vatican II in that article. Way to piss off everyone to the left of Mel Gibson's dad!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

Hahahaha, are you serious? They just put that on Twitter? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
Fox News, you loving moron! You just killed (another) part of your base!
It's like watching a trainwreck, except with popcorn!