Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.
So, I started exploring today.

This is a friggin blast.

I'm in an Astero, thinking of going to a Strat, but I dunno about the slower align time.

I want to start ratting in a WH, but I know sleepers have strange drone agro so I am not sure about using Gila/Rattle.

I know Tengu comes highly recommended, but I am MUCHHH closer to a Proteus. How much of a handicap am I gonna have?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Rattlesnake is great for c3 hole ratting with the benefit of not costing SP when you die.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

Carth Dookie posted:

Rattlesnake is great for c3 hole ratting with the benefit of not costing SP when you die.

Is drone aggro not an issue like I thought?

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
haven't checked in a while,

how is space and how are goons

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

FranktheBank posted:

The sleepers switch aggro during fights. They have a different priority to ordinary rats as they won't fixate on one ship, except if you use ewar then you become top priority. So if you use a target painter that's applied ewar and helps the drones to hit.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

hailthefish posted:

At barely 1b liquid and 1b in assets, I am thoroughly, categorically spacepoor.

I'm also too IRL-poor to keep paying $15/mo for this bad spacegame :toot:

If you're in the Imperium, join miniluv, scan freighters, get plex and scanner bounties. The most shobon newbie got 1 plex, 1.5b isk last month, dozens of killmails and we gave him two bonus injectors for finding us 2 fortizorca kills.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Foehammer007 posted:

haven't checked in a while,

how is space and how are goons

goonless and dead

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

FranktheBank posted:

Drone aggro is kind of an issue, but if you're paying attention and recall your drones when they start getting hit you shouldn't lose drones.

4th Horseman
Jun 3, 2011
It's time to bite the loving bullet and allow new players a bunch of SP to spend on poo poo. Maybe 5 million. Restrict extractors to require 10m sp perhaps, but it's stupid boring how long it takes when the only way to advance is by waiting.

ploots
Mar 19, 2010

DisgracelandUSA posted:

If you're in the Imperium, join miniluv, scan freighters, get plex and scanner bounties. The most shobon newbie got 1 plex, 1.5b isk last month, dozens of killmails and we gave him two bonus injectors for finding us 2 fortizorca kills.

What do I need to do to join miniluv? The recruitment thread it locked and the mumble channel is dead.

Zakrello
Feb 17, 2015

missile imbound
idk but people tends to pursue asset/$/isk/whatever name it is in their pixel pocket, the larger the better, without actually having a use to it

I stopped rating 8 months ago and is doing nothing to grind isk, with only occasional firesales hunting to flip some spare changes. it is by itself sustainable (without plexing my account, I paid my accounts with credit card). until I really need to go for a super I would keep playing eve this way, it's so much easier and less stressful.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
remember that 50% of this game is brainless pubbies who mine and run level 4 missions in highsec exclusively

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

turevidar posted:

What do I need to do to join miniluv? The recruitment thread it locked and the mumble channel is dead.

Check the recruitment thread in The War Room. Also, don't go hang out in Mumble channel of groups you aren't a member of unless you already know it's cool. Hit me up in jabber (Boneytooth Thompkins Isk-Chip)

Join luv4all, our public channel, while you're getting processed.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

did hella hacking today :getin:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

i took a screenshot of evilweasel hacking tonight

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

Glory of Arioch posted:

This all seems good but why is the voice changer attached to evilweasels ankle? Is there something we don't know?

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Glory of Arioch posted:

Did you find something interesting in the garbage file while you were haxing the Gibson

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

ullerrm posted:

Did you find something interesting in the garbage file while you were haxing the Gibson

your posts

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

evilweasel posted:

your posts

:5:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Glory of Arioch posted:

Didn't know digi used to model

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

bluegoon posted:

They introduced RMT to a sandbox. Personally I think they broke the sandbox and they need to gradually but somewhat aggressively make this game a themepark MMO otherwise it won't work out in the long run for them. They'll never remove the RMT poo poo, like PLEX and off-grid gambling, Eve went the reverse of the Free To Play model, which is kind of crazy.

because free to play rarely spells success, its just a way to maybe recoup losses on a failed project

every successful 'free to play' game is either freemium like runescape or something with basically no overhead like quake

Zakrello
Feb 17, 2015

missile imbound

turevidar posted:

https://goonfleet.com/index.php/topic/203049-miniluv-2016-new-public-jabber-channel-luv4all/page-4

read properly lol

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

evilweasel posted:

your posts

:pusheen:

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

4th Horseman posted:

It's time to bite the loving bullet and allow new players a bunch of SP to spend on poo poo. Maybe 5 million. Restrict extractors to require 10m sp perhaps, but it's stupid boring how long it takes when the only way to advance is by waiting.

I could get behind this, although as has been pointed out when this kind of thing has come up previously, it would make alt proliferation even more absurd than it currently is. Maybe if CCP limited it to the first character on each account but with the buddy account deal that would probably still be too exploitable.

I'm at 6 months and 13.5m SP and I'm just now getting to the point where I feel like I have real choices as to what I should train next (interceptors 5? max some more support skills? logi frigates? a t3d? leadership skills? all of these seem reasonable things to do for the next few weeks) as opposed to "ugghh gotta train x y and z for 3 weeks so I can fly something other than suicide tackle for this doctrine." That 13.5m SP covers reasonable competence with 3 frigate Vs, T2 small hybrids/light drones/light missiles, covert ops and interceptors (both to 4), T1 cruiser logi, RLML Caracals, Cormorants, and Talwars. Not exactly super overpowered with the typical unfocused training of a newer character, and training feels like less of a drag than it did, even though things take a little longer.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

CCP is kinda doing that, but in the other direction - they're making prereqs a lot less skill intensive.

These are live in the June release, but they weren't mentioned in the patch notes.
Advanced Weapon Upgrades now requires only Weapon Upgrades IV
Nanite Operation and Nanite Interfacing now only require Mechanics IV
Guided Missile Precision now only requires Missile Launcher Operation IV

Kinda nice to the new blood just getting into EVE now

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

hailthefish posted:

At barely 1b liquid and 1b in assets, I am thoroughly, categorically spacepoor.

I'm also too IRL-poor to keep paying $15/mo for this bad spacegame :toot:

One up for us space poors.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb
so FCON had like 130 guys out for a fight against stainwagon/sniggwaffe; this is actually really good for them

but they've joined up with TRI (actually TRI, not NCDOTTE or w/e)

4th Horseman
Jun 3, 2011

Morris posted:

I could get behind this, although as has been pointed out when this kind of thing has come up previously, it would make alt proliferation even more absurd than it currently is. Maybe if CCP limited it to the first character on each account but with the buddy account deal that would probably still be too exploitable.

I'm at 6 months and 13.5m SP and I'm just now getting to the point where I feel like I have real choices as to what I should train next (interceptors 5? max some more support skills? logi frigates? a t3d? leadership skills? all of these seem reasonable things to do for the next few weeks) as opposed to "ugghh gotta train x y and z for 3 weeks so I can fly something other than suicide tackle for this doctrine." That 13.5m SP covers reasonable competence with 3 frigate Vs, T2 small hybrids/light drones/light missiles, covert ops and interceptors (both to 4), T1 cruiser logi, RLML Caracals, Cormorants, and Talwars. Not exactly super overpowered with the typical unfocused training of a newer character, and training feels like less of a drag than it did, even though things take a little longer.

It's ok if people have more alts. If it enables the newbie to get in a fleet and have perhaps more than t1 frigs available for the first weekend it'd be so much more interesting and increase retention. Getting told no you can't you gotta wait is part of the game but people's attention spans just don't last that long.

I've also think that the idea of allowing reallocation of sp after a period is very good. Hell allow them periodically.

Although that's not likely since it impacts sp markets.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Otacon posted:

CCP is kinda doing that, but in the other direction - they're making prereqs a lot less skill intensive.

These are live in the June release, but they weren't mentioned in the patch notes.
Advanced Weapon Upgrades now requires only Weapon Upgrades IV
Nanite Operation and Nanite Interfacing now only require Mechanics IV
Guided Missile Precision now only requires Missile Launcher Operation IV

Kinda nice to the new blood just getting into EVE now

A lot of ship hulls are pretty much useless without the skill to V. Stuff like recons and logi need it reworked to be 5% per level with the rest being rolled into base stats. Also doing away with cruiser V requirements.

Its such a huge train for amarr cruiser V logi V when you might not even loving like logi. Rework the guardian to be Logi: 5% reduction in cost per level (rest rolled into base stats) amarr crusier 10% to remote armor rep range/cap xfer range (again rest rolled into a hull bonus)

PookBear fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Jul 7, 2016

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

ullerrm posted:

evilweasel posted:

your posts

:drat:

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Reverand maynard posted:

A lot of ship hulls are pretty much useless without the skill to V. Stuff like recons and logi need it reworked to be 5% per level with the rest being rolled into base stats. Also doing away with cruiser V requirements.

Its such a huge train for amarr cruiser V logi V when you might not even loving like logi. Rework the guardian to be Logi: 5% reduction in cost per level (rest rolled into base stats) amarr crusier 10% to remote armor rep range/cap xfer range (again rest rolled into a hull bonus)

If you mean doing away with role bonus and spread them out by base hull skill level and specialization level, I agree with you. However I think Specialization skills should also be racial, because while the base ship skill V requirement is steep, the Specialization skills are too powerful for affecting four races at once.

I'd like to see a Gallente Cruiser I / Gallente Heavy Assault Cruiser I pilot become a thing, along with the resulting fire when the player thinks it's a good idea to undock.

Anagram of GINGER fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Jul 7, 2016

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
I used to think I knew better in matters of game mechanics but after seeing the falling PCU over the last couple months I'm beginning to empathize. I can't offer any advice or explanation for why PCU is dropping down through 2006 levels. I want to say it's a good thing to reduce barriers to entry for T2 ships but the waiting game might help EVE's stability more than hurt it.

The poo poo UI, however, I have several objectively good suggestions to make and what holds me back is mostly the graphics that I have to build to convey them. That stuff takes hours over several days, and it's a lot of work for something that might be ignored.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
Boat's comments on the meta show were hard to take in. He talked about EVE becoming one of those has-been games you play just because you used to play it a lot.

A couple months ago boat also said he would stop playing if he pinged for a fleet and only got 25 people or so. He pinged for a sword fleet today and guess what he got.

4th Horseman
Jun 3, 2011

Landsknecht posted:

so FCON had like 130 guys out for a fight against stainwagon/sniggwaffe; this is actually really good for them

but they've joined up with TRI (actually TRI, not NCDOTTE or w/e)

Jeanlenner with the NC. Flair is really mad at fcon for some reason

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

4th Horseman posted:

Jeanlenner with the NC. Flair is really mad at fcon for some reason

grath telkin has a hardon for fcon too

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

gently caress fcon though seriously

and sma

and razor

they all folded like wet noodles when the going got tough

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

"omg omg we are being invaded papa goon what are we gonna do?" "marching orders please?"

"man that poo poo is pretty far away what do you think you should do?"

"hmm go to outer ring, syndicate or curse!" "abandon ship!" "flee for your lives!"

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Orange Red Bull posted:

"omg omg we are being invaded papa goon what are we gonna do?" "marching orders please?"

"man that poo poo is pretty far away what do you think you should do?"

"hmm go to outer ring, syndicate or curse!" "abandon ship!" "flee for your lives!"

To be fair though we had spent the better part of 6 years actively poaching anyone capable of any sort of elevated thought above the level of pond scum into GSF from our allies.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Orange Red Bull posted:

gently caress fcon though seriously

and sma

and razor

they all folded like wet noodles when the going got tough

Every loving retard that didn't consolidate staging and refused to do joint fleets (SMA was running 50 man hurricane fleets along everyone else's full Mach fleets) is now dead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

4th Horseman
Jun 3, 2011
What is their mentality though? I joined when this poo poo kicked off, and 'kick karma fleet' and 'kick fcon' were almost interchangeable. Is it because karmafleet was always more integrated and basically another arm of gsf, but people like SMA and Fcon were strategic but not cultural allies?

Or have I oversimplified their identities and the guys in those who wanted to stay got absorbed into gsf and those who wanted to leave just hosed off under those banners

• Locked thread