Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Well, Jack, if we're going by stupid poo poo someone posted once, didn't you once say you had super cum that made women get addicted to sex with you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Neito posted:

Well, Jack, if we're going by stupid poo poo someone posted once, didn't you once say you had super cum that made women get addicted to sex with you?

He also used to roleplay online on Twitter as his own unborn child in order to distract his wife from the fact that he was cheating on her with local women on Bumble.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

nine-gear crow posted:

He also used to roleplay online on Twitter as his own unborn child in order to distract his wife from the fact that he was cheating on her with local women on Bumble.

He also doxxed one of Roy Moore's accusers on twitter.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Neito posted:

There may be multiple people posting about their addictive jizz but the most renowned proponent of that was Mike "Gorilla Mindset" Cernovich, not Jack.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Neito posted:

Unless they both did it (and they could have), that was Cernovich.

Today was a fairly interesting day in right wing media to me because it as a great example of their projection, and the insane arguments they make. It started with Gym Jordan talking to Hannity, and the claim by the right that charging someone running for office with a crime is "election interference." Which if taken at face value makes me wonder all sorts of things. Like, is this one weird trick to never get arrested? Just always be running for office and you can never be charged with a crime, or it's election interference! And then hey, what about Hillary and the 2016 election? Talking about her emails was pretty clear election interference from the right, wasn't it? And hey, the current House investigations into Joe Biden are clearly election interference since Biden is running for reelection!'

Then there was some talk about Alvin Bragg and how it was despicable that he ran his election campaign on "I'm going to get Trump" which is totally unprecedented in US history! Except, you know, in 2016, when Trump's campaign did the whole "LOCK THEM UP" about the Deep State Swamp.

Then Jesse Kelly was going on his usual kind of rant about how "The communists hate your freedoms and want to use the state to take away your freedoms, and communists are so devoted to the state that they will turn in their neighbors and coworkers and even their family to the state for punishment." And I'm like, that's you assholes! You're the ones passing laws requiring people to report teachers and parents and doctors who are respecting children's gender identities or giving them assistance to the government to be arrested! You guys are the ones offering bounties to hunters for rounding up anyone suspected of offering/having abortions! It's all you guys! You're the ones who hate freedoms and want people to turn in their neighbors and family members to the state!

Just loving irritates me.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
Hope Dominion gets everything they ask for and more.
https://twitter.com/mediaguardian/status/1645935151053152257

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Twelve by Pies posted:

Unless they both did it (and they could have), that was Cernovich.

Today was a fairly interesting day in right wing media to me because it as a great example of their projection, and the insane arguments they make. It started with Gym Jordan talking to Hannity, and the claim by the right that charging someone running for office with a crime is "election interference." Which if taken at face value makes me wonder all sorts of things. Like, is this one weird trick to never get arrested? Just always be running for office and you can never be charged with a crime, or it's election interference! And then hey, what about Hillary and the 2016 election? Talking about her emails was pretty clear election interference from the right, wasn't it? And hey, the current House investigations into Joe Biden are clearly election interference since Biden is running for reelection!'

Then there was some talk about Alvin Bragg and how it was despicable that he ran his election campaign on "I'm going to get Trump" which is totally unprecedented in US history! Except, you know, in 2016, when Trump's campaign did the whole "LOCK THEM UP" about the Deep State Swamp.

Then Jesse Kelly was going on his usual kind of rant about how "The communists hate your freedoms and want to use the state to take away your freedoms, and communists are so devoted to the state that they will turn in their neighbors and coworkers and even their family to the state for punishment." And I'm like, that's you assholes! You're the ones passing laws requiring people to report teachers and parents and doctors who are respecting children's gender identities or giving them assistance to the government to be arrested! You guys are the ones offering bounties to hunters for rounding up anyone suspected of offering/having abortions! It's all you guys! You're the ones who hate freedoms and want people to turn in their neighbors and family members to the state!

Just loving irritates me.

Someone should start doing a RiffTrax style show where they take a poo poo on Hannity or whoever.

I hear an awful lot of rhetoric about violent crime in all the blue states being out of control, etc an i stumbled upon this

quote:

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2022/02/03/what-the-data-says-about-gun-deaths-in-the-u-s/

The rate of gun fatalities varies widely from state to state. In 2020, the states with the highest rates of gun-related deaths – counting murders, suicides and all other categories tracked by the CDC – included Mississippi (28.6 per 100,000 people), Louisiana (26.3), Wyoming (25.9), Missouri (23.9) and Alabama (23.6). The states with the lowest rates included New York (5.3), Rhode Island (5.1), New Jersey (5.0), Massachusetts (3.7) and Hawaii (3.4).

Whole article is worth a read.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Chuds don't count suicide in terms of gun fatalities, that's how they shift the goalposts. They don't think the existence of a gun affects the likelihood of suicide (even though it really does). So they'll dismiss all those deaths right off the bat.

It's important to understand that conservatism sees everyone as this distinct, individual mote in a sea of individuals. Problems with guns get dismissed because suicidal people and criminals don't care about laws, so any regulations are just going to harm law abiding people.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

I love how conservatives treat criminals like a frictionless sphere in a vacuum, ignoring all laws and maximally inflicting pain and suffering because they are Bad

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Xand_Man posted:

I love how conservatives treat criminals like a frictionless sphere in a vacuum, ignoring all laws and maximally inflicting pain and suffering because they are Bad

they just assume criminals are exactly the same as conservatives are, I guess

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

from the USCE thread. SOme "journalism"

https://twitter.com/abughazalehkat/status/1645947361770758148?t=i0dpwVeIZoKWl8_icFjrvQ&s=19
https://twitter.com/O_Danny_Boyy/status/1645975555685187584

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
He's going to win.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

HootTheOwl posted:

He's going to win.

The primary, sure. The general? No.

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1646030500216164352

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

...what did this shareholder expect? Honesty and integrity?

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Sufficient compliance with the law to not put themselves at risk of major judgements being won against them. To not be so incredibly blatant and brazen in their wrongdoing, I am guessing.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Yeah you can make the case as a shareholder that this is violating the fiduciary duty of the company when you knowingly put the company at risk of a major lawsuit

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Angry_Ed posted:

...what did this shareholder expect? Honesty and integrity?

Moneyyyyyyyy

Not getting sued for possibly tens of billions of dollars

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
No doubt lol.
https://twitter.com/Eve6/status/1645972526022135808?t=HbVJNXV6mbN6WHTXwSPzSw&s=19

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

No, that's Eve 6. Sheesh.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I mean look at how Trump literally throws everyone he ever employs under the bus within a year at most

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

They showed bad judgement by taking the job! They deserve to be fired!!

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

It just gets worse for Fox

https://twitter.com/oliverdarcy/status/1646196043682398225?s=46&t=BHs6Pl38GJXGN2Y4xeriNA

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

GlyphGryph posted:

Sufficient compliance with the law to not put themselves at risk of major judgements being won against them. To not be so incredibly blatant and brazen in their wrongdoing, I am guessing.
This is interesting because according to internal messages and emails the motivation for spreading the election lies was stock price, Fox executives and big shareholders like Tucker were afraid Fox would lose market share to Newsmax if they didn't give their audience the election theft conspiracy theories they wanted to hear.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Fox News not airing lies about the election is violating the fiduciary duty of the company because it would cause them to lose viewers to another network.

But Fox News airing lies about the election is also violating the fiduciary duty of the company because it will open them to huge lawsuits.

:capitalism:

BiggerBoat posted:

I hear an awful lot of rhetoric about violent crime in all the blue states being out of control, etc an i stumbled upon this

I think I've mentioned before in this thread that when statistics about murder rates per population were posted between New York City and Jacksonville, Florida (with Jacksonville's being much higher), the right wing response was "No no, you have to look at murder rates per square foot, and you can clearly see New York's is high and Jacksonville's is low, so Jacksonville is safer."

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Twelve by Pies posted:

Fox News not airing lies about the election is violating the fiduciary duty of the company because it would cause them to lose viewers to another network.

But Fox News airing lies about the election is also violating the fiduciary duty of the company because it will open them to huge lawsuits.

:capitalism:

I think I've mentioned before in this thread that when statistics about murder rates per population were posted between New York City and Jacksonville, Florida (with Jacksonville's being much higher), the right wing response was "No no, you have to look at murder rates per square foot, and you can clearly see New York's is high and Jacksonville's is low, so Jacksonville is safer."

Guns don't kill people, people kill people.. but also people don't kill people really, it's square footage.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Yeah no poo poo, Jacksonville is loving huge

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Twelve by Pies posted:

In similar discussions with a hardcore libertarian I've had, he has outright dismissed the entire concept of per-capita statistics as liberal trickery.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Deliberately attempting to withhold critical information from a JUDGE in a court case like this, especially if it and it does look like it was on an organized company wide level, is stuff that I think, enters into "Fox News is shut down for their behavior." Territory

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I'm trying to think of a situation where it would be more important to minimize the murders per square foot instead of murders per capita.

Maybe if you're performing some kind of ritual magic and it's important that it be on untainted ground or something? I can't imagine that comes up very often.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

I mean, maybe people are worried that if too many people are being killed per square foot, you won’t have the room to bury them all and might have to switch to cremation

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Senor Tron posted:

In similar discussions with a hardcore libertarian I've had, he has outright dismissed the entire concept of per-capita statistics as liberal trickery.

My right-wing stepmother was once frustrated with me because my opinions on the world were backed up with statistics and data. Hers are backed by blind faith and gut feeling (propaganda; they would change every visit to toe the GOP line like clockwork). Some people come up with their conclusion and then seek out data that confirms it, rather than coming up with a hypothesis and testing to see if it survives reality.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

FlamingLiberal posted:

Yeah no poo poo, Jacksonville is loving huge

Which makes it more impressive that so many more murders happen per capita. Sounds majorly inconvenient to have to go driving around for miles in your lifted dualie, especially given gas prices nowadays, in search of victims instead of just crouching in the shadowy corner of a subway car with a shiv like god intended. And yet they still outmurder the big apple, that's some hustle right there.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Senor Tron posted:

I've found they've come around on per capita statistics when they are trying to argue that trans people are capita now likely to commit a mass shooting than cis people.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Senor Tron posted:

What? How exactly? I'm trying to come up with an analogy that would even come close here.

I guess try reminding him that more white people receive welfare than black people and see how he explains that.

So this dude you talk to, he's one of those people who like to show off that red state/blue state map where all the large, empty land masses being red is proof that the U.S. is overwhelmingly republican, isn't he?

E:

I've been hearing a LOT on talk radio about the leaked military documents but I suspect not so much in the next few days. Unless it's to talk about how this is a media frame up.

https://news.yahoo.com/pentagon-leaks-linked-young-gun-051038221.html

Pentagon leaks linked to young gun enthusiast who worked at military base – report

quote:

The man responsible for the leak of hundreds of classified Pentagon documents is reported to be a young, racist gun enthusiast who worked on a military base, and who was seeking to impress two dozen fellow members of an internet chat group.

The Washington Post interviewed a teenage member of the group, who described the man, referred to by the initials “OG”, from their online correspondence, and shared photographs and videos. The Post also viewed a video of a man identified as OG at a shooting range with a large rifle.

“He yells a series of racial and antisemitic slurs into the camera, then fires several rounds at a target,” the report said. OG told fellow members of the same internet group that he worked on a military base, which was not named in the report, where his job involved viewing large amounts of classified information.

BiggerBoat fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Apr 13, 2023

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
The spin will be something like "well he isn't shooting actual people unlike those mutilated sex perverts"

But :laffo: at once again national security violated to win stupid internet arguments and/or impress people

Sax Mortar
Aug 24, 2004
You all ready for the newest grift based on the latest fake controversy?

https://twitter.com/sethweathers/status/1646166561919492099

Only $35 (including shipping) to get a 6-pack of 4% beer. Owning the libs is an expensive habit.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

BiggerBoat posted:

What? How exactly? I'm trying to come up with an analogy that would even come close here.

I guess try reminding him that more white people receive welfare than black people and see how he explains that.

I tried this once with my Limbaugh -> Trump -> QAnon pipelined uncle a few years ago and he refused to believe it. When I showed him the statistics he just sat and stared dumbfounded for a couple minutes, then changed the subject.

Nowadays he'd just claim that the statistics were a lie and it's all a conspiracy anyway. He's gone seriously round the bend

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
If you go by flat numbers they'll just go by per capita figures. This is what they've done with cis vs trans mass shooters.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
If you go by numbers at all they'll just keep using numbers to lie in whatever way is most effective in the instant. They hate their chosen minority, and they want that minority to suffer. Problem solved. Everything else is window dressing and virtue signaling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

Sax Mortar posted:

You all ready for the newest grift based on the latest fake controversy?

https://twitter.com/sethweathers/status/1646166561919492099

Only $35 (including shipping) to get a 6-pack of 4% beer. Owning the libs is an expensive habit.

So which mega-corporation makes this stuff? ABInBev or MolsonCoors? Maybe Diageo?