Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DiabloStarCraft
Oct 12, 2006

What is there in this world that makes living worthwhile?"

CATS. CATS ARE NICE
🐱🐱🐱💀🐱🐱🐱

Byzantine posted:

Isn't it only really killing the olds anyway?

It kills olds and babies but anyone can get it and become infectious and maybe people don't want to kill their parents or grandparents, or their kids?
Alternative reply: source your quotes

Edit for new page: John Mccafe says trans rights in the worst possible way

DiabloStarCraft has a new favorite as of 10:41 on Mar 9, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Byzantine posted:

Isn't it only really killing the olds anyway?

Well, that (plenty of whom are parents or otherwise live with or regularly see high school aged children) and anyone who has any sort of compromised immune system

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

DiabloStarCraft posted:

It kills olds and babies but anyone can get it and become infectious and maybe people don't want to kill their parents or grandparents, or their kids?
Alternative reply: source your quotes

actually it doesn't even kill babies, as long as they aren't otherwise immunocompromised. there have been babies born to pregnant women with the virus who contracted it at birth and recovered. As of the data a couple days ago, 0-9 years old is the only age range with 0 fatalities worldwide.

but yeah most of asia and europe is shutting down schools in large part because kids get super mild to no symptoms and still spread it to older people or immunocompromised people who would have major issues rather than because kids themselves are dropping like flies.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Sounds like the Star Trek episode Miri, a disease that kills the grups but not the children

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Zesty posted:

Professor at the school.

This is the day after Stanford University shut down classrooms.

edit: Bonus. Second blur is the Professor.

What is it with toilet paper and this pandemic? Americans all stockpiling TP but no food, exactly what kind of disaster preparedness is being taught there?

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006

My goon, if crushing on Kate McKinnon so hard that I wish I was born a female and a lesbian is weird, then call me Mr. Weird Guy.

I've verified the email associated with this account and recently updated my password. Your move, ShrimpMod :colbert:

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Fishstick posted:

What is it with toilet paper and this pandemic? Americans all stockpiling TP but no food, exactly what kind of disaster preparedness is being taught there?

Yeah, I'm not getting this one either. I guess people think we're going to have some kind of martial law quarantine or something?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Fishstick posted:

None, but it's not just America. Idiots in Australia are stripping the shelves bare of every poo poo ticket they can lay their hands on.

I guess they go "hang on I can order food and I have internet, but I guess if I have to socially isolate I want to be able to take a dump in peace" without ever considering that the person delivering your food is also, you know, a person.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

https://twitter.com/getti_hulahoops/status/1235350809811881986?s=20

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Ziggy Smalls
May 24, 2008

If pain's what you
want in a man,
Pain I can do

Somebody is going to do this and end up being the reason their grandma dies.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

I can't remember the last time i read a take on cultural appropriation that wasnt: a lovely troll, so stupid it's indistinguishable from trolling, or someone galaxy-braining themselves into "what if segregation... but woke??".

I feel like its a concept the greater internet has literally misused to death.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Ziggy Smalls posted:

That person is a Qanon crazy. They are the grandma.

Technocrat
Jan 30, 2011

I always finish what I sta
https://twitter.com/Patrick_Fenelon/status/1236424426331287557

This was the guy who, earlier, was saying that he sympathised with the wealthy family after seeing Parasite. Surprise surprise, turns out he's a brahmin (i.e. all about looking down on the poor)

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!
In regards to the TP shortage, it may be a bit exaggerated. Yes people are panic buying to some extent but supermarkets will run out real quick because they don't stock that much in warehouses. It a. Usually has a constant demand so easy to schedule deliveries constantly, and b. It's high volume/low cost, so expensive to store.

Brexit is really going to gently caress with stuff like this. Going to be hilarious.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/Peeps1908/status/1236773628869373953

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Roblo posted:

In regards to the TP shortage, it may be a bit exaggerated. Yes people are panic buying to some extent but supermarkets will run out real quick because they don't stock that much in warehouses. It a. Usually has a constant demand so easy to schedule deliveries constantly, and b. It's high volume/low cost, so expensive to store.

Brexit is really going to gently caress with stuff like this. Going to be hilarious.

It's going on all over the place, it's a thing down here in Australia, too.

I seriously have no idea why this specifically is a big one for people, though. What, you people don't have month's worth of toilet paper at your place just because it's harder to buy less of the stuff? How have so many people gone into a panic that they have to stock up on goddamn toilet paper!?

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

God drat that kid rules.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Ziggy Smalls posted:

Good.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

Calm down, Pavan.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Cleretic posted:

It's going on all over the place, it's a thing down here in Australia, too.

No, no, only the US is bad. Do you even go here?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

AlbieQuirky posted:

I think the original post was talking about GB

Because Brexit won’t effect us at all

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

Googling these like
Si, si, la nausea, la vomitando, la diarrhea

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

AlbieQuirky posted:

They just have a lot of feelings

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

Nastyman posted:

Googling these like
Si, si, la nausea, la vomitando, la diarrhea

Oregano oil is the nastiest poo poo. Have an aunt who was way into it at one point. It burns as it touches your tongue

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/DrPaulGosar/status/1237052471047892993?s=19

Edit: Should note that this is a congressman

MizPiz has a new favorite as of 19:30 on Mar 9, 2020

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I’m thinking that when someone talks about stocking up on TP it means we’ve discovered one of those people who uses like an entire roll every time they poop. Like just giant wadded armfuls

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Data Graham posted:

I’m thinking that when someone talks about stocking up on TP it means we’ve discovered one of those people who uses like an entire roll every time they poop. Like just giant wadded armfuls

That’s called a “shitmitt”.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Data Graham posted:

It's the only way to be sure, for those of us not blessed with bidets

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/guillotineshout/status/1237036462433951745

https://twitter.com/very_tall_man/status/1237044132222287873

https://twitter.com/Automaton37/status/1237050995672338438

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
A congressman who had a pretty amazing campaign ad run against him wherein all of his siblings said he sucks

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

My goon, if crushing on Kate McKinnon so hard that I wish I was born a female and a lesbian is weird, then call me Mr. Weird Guy.

I've verified the email associated with this account and recently updated my password. Your move, ShrimpMod :colbert:

you can still be female and a lesbian friend, have I told you about the joys of ignoring gender recently?

$15/hr minimum with a militant union, no cost of living or incarceration fees, suck it retributionfailiures. (after freeing all nonviolent, nonfiscal offenders and replacing them with billionaires.)

Otana
Jun 1, 2005

Let's go see what kind of trouble we can get into.

Fishstick posted:

It could be tied to the panic in Japan.

Someone spread the word that most Japanese TP was made in China and with the factory shutdowns and restricted imports, they'd run out really quickly so everyone panicked. It was fake news and the dude who started it got arrested, but the damage was done. Makes me wonder if the panic spread further and now people are blindly following along without context because everyone else is doing it.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Killed like a dog on the street by an enemy sniper.

Glorious.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Does being guillotined count as dying in battle? :guillotine:

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
No but historically most battlefield deaths are by bacterial disease so everyone wins.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

“My grandfather died in the class war.”
“How?”
“He was guillotined!” :haw:

e: gently caress his head fell off the guillotine would've been infinitely better. let's go with that

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

T-man posted:

Does being guillotined count as dying in battle? :guillotine:

I guess it's like losing a fight with gravity

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

A congressman currently under self quarantine because he shook hands with the dude at CPAC who has it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/_cingraham/status/1237059234941960193?s=20