Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thetzar
Apr 22, 2001
Fallen Rib

Yeah, I wonder how he got down there. There's no easy riverbed access in the area, and I really wouldn't want to touch that water.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy
Grindelwald First Skywalk by Tom Olson, on Flickr

Choicecut
Apr 24, 2002
"I don't want to sound gay or anything, but I'd really like to have sex with you tonight.
I like postcards too."

--Choicecut, TYOOL 2016
Added Grindelwald to the "to do" list.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
Yeah that's rad. I've climbed a lot in Switzerland and yet somehow never managed to get to Grindelwald, the Wetterhorn traverse has been on my wishlist forever though. Some day...

Berchtesgadener Alpen.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Choicecut
Apr 24, 2002
"I don't want to sound gay or anything, but I'd really like to have sex with you tonight.
I like postcards too."

--Choicecut, TYOOL 2016
^^ That's pretty rad. Now I have wants for medium/large format.

I shot my first roll of film ever in life using a 1957 Kodak Pony 2. I got maybe 5 decent shots out of 24. The Kodak pony 2 doesn't really have a focus ring. You have to dial it in by feet and basically guess if you are the right distance. Apparently I suck at judging distances. It also has weird exposure settings and I blew most of my images out. This was the only landscape shot that looked half way decent:

Woods - 1957 Kodak Pony 2 by Eli Misel, on Flickr

I have the bug now though! I think I'm gonna pick up an FM3.

Choicecut fucked around with this message at 03:12 on May 12, 2016

Putrid Grin
Sep 16, 2007

_DSC2586 by Maciej, on Flickr

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy
Lake Thunersee by Tom Olson, on Flickr

Ric
Nov 18, 2005

Apocalypse dude

Bagsværd Kirke, Copenhagen

thetzar
Apr 22, 2001
Fallen Rib

Ric posted:

Bagsværd Kirke, Copenhagen

That is so cool.

Leaving Los Angeles by Jason, on Flickr

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Putrid Grin
Sep 16, 2007

_DSC2579 by Maciej, on Flickr

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

Ding Ho by Isaac Sachs, on Flickr

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

Did some night photography practice

DSC_0031 by Joe Pitha, on Flickr

DSC_0047 by Joe Pitha, on Flickr

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

Ringtail Possum (Post-life) by Michael Garbutt, on Flickr

Spoilered in the unlikely event that a photo of a dead possum with its eyes being eaten out by ants isn't everyone's cup o' tea.

HolyDukeNukem
Sep 10, 2008

Some shots of South Haven:

img005-2.jpg by Kevin Nicotera, on Flickr

img001-2.jpg by Kevin Nicotera, on Flickr

img009.jpg by Kevin Nicotera, on Flickr

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Sloterdijk, Amsterdam.

e: does this have some really ugly compression artefacts or is it just my eyes?

big scary monsters fucked around with this message at 21:55 on May 14, 2016

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

Confounding.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Tell me more

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

ansel autisms posted:

Tell me more

All of the elements compete and obscure; The text elements are simultaneously blocked and emphasized by the photographic elements (highlight bump on the apple, oof tree over room). In terms of visual weight the main sign, which would otherwise dominate, is de-emphasized by the boosted highlights, and is in competition with the tree (itself successfully obscuring the streetlight which is inversely related to the apple sign's luminance). The whole frame is problematized by the framing by the out of focus/blurred vegetation (top and bottom left, right side), which belie the natural intruction of the power line, and bring attention to the situation of the frame within the world. Without them, we would see a clean composition (with an incorporeal and unconsidered pov) which presents as a more traditional pointing-to rather than a sitting-within.

e: Aesthetically, on my monitor the 'natural' shadow areas are all green tinged, which I would neutralize.:angel:

Choicecut
Apr 24, 2002
I like postcards too."

--Choicecut, TYOOL 2016
^^ You have more photog knowledge than I can comprehend. You lost me at compete and obscure. Let's make out.

Bowling Alley by Eli Misel, on Flickr

thetzar
Apr 22, 2001
Fallen Rib
gently caress art, let's be tourists.

Untitled by Jason, on Flickr

Untitled by Jason, on Flickr

huhu
Feb 24, 2006

k-zed
Dec 1, 2008

Fallen Rib
top notch

Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

Contrail cutting a shadow through a hazy sky

Contrail shadow by Steven Sarginson, on Flickr

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

dude

Choicecut
Apr 24, 2002
I like postcards too."

--Choicecut, TYOOL 2016

Maybe I don't understand landscape photography yet. I'm pretty sure all those elements compete and obscure; :dance:

Choicecut fucked around with this message at 04:14 on May 15, 2016

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

k-zed posted:

top notch

i really want this post to disappear so those two contrail posts can be together

also for fart amplifier to move his to the right a little so the contrail lines up with the convergence of the two in the first post

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

365 Nog Hogger posted:

All of the elements compete and obscure; The text elements are simultaneously blocked and emphasized by the photographic elements (highlight bump on the apple, oof tree over room). In terms of visual weight the main sign, which would otherwise dominate, is de-emphasized by the boosted highlights, and is in competition with the tree (itself successfully obscuring the streetlight which is inversely related to the apple sign's luminance). The whole frame is problematized by the framing by the out of focus/blurred vegetation (top and bottom left, right side), which belie the natural intruction of the power line, and bring attention to the situation of the frame within the world. Without them, we would see a clean composition (with an incorporeal and unconsidered pov) which presents as a more traditional pointing-to rather than a sitting-within.

e: Aesthetically, on my monitor the 'natural' shadow areas are all green tinged, which I would neutralize.:angel:

Bummer. I was hoping the clutter would add something interesting but it sounds like it wasn't particularly effective.

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.
img547 by Benjamin Gibb, on Flickr

Spime Wrangler
Feb 23, 2003

Because we can.

365 Nog Hogger posted:

presents as a more traditional pointing-to rather than a sitting-within.

can you elaborate more on the difference or suggest reading on the topic?

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

ansel autisms posted:

Bummer. I was hoping the clutter would add something interesting but it sounds like it wasn't particularly effective.

This is some serious hot poo poo. :allears:

thetzar
Apr 22, 2001
Fallen Rib

Ships That Pass by Jason, on Flickr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Is that a bluenose?