Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Call Now posted:

dune owns dude
go back and read my post again and maybe you'll "get" it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Sweevo posted:

doesn't one of them suddenly start talking about jews completely out of the blue?

are the people in dune originally from earth? (i've seen the movie, but maybe i didn't pay close enough attention)

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Sham bam bamina! posted:

go back and read my post again and maybe you'll "get" it

yeah let me read your posts agahahahahahahahhhahaahah

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

prefect posted:

are the people in dune originally from earth? (i've seen the movie, but maybe i didn't pay close enough attention)

i think so. the bene gesserit order is supposed to be future-catholicism or something

mcnealys baby
Nov 3, 2002

ohhh here we go

prefect posted:

yes but like 10,000+ years in the future and earth is no longer inhabited by any living beings, its just a bombed out atomic mess

the jew thing is a little strange but it makes sense if you are thinking about the books a lot. they come in around book 5 as a bunch of people who are living at the most distant edges of the galaxy and just trying to hide from everyone and stay uninvolved in all the galactic wars, and all the main characters are also on the run from literally everything else.

i'm probably just getting trolled here so i'm not gonna dive into dune philosophy except to say:

dune & frank herbert are awesome
sadly his son has about 1/10th his talent, he's not a christopher tolkein type who gives a poo poo about his father's legacy
god emperor of dune was fuckin sick too, its a long story about the limits of prescience and if we can ever really know our future

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

not totally worthless

quote:

Martin Newell spoke at a SigGraph presentation in the late '80s and mentioned that of all the things he has done for the world of 3D graphics, the only thing he will be remembered for is "That Damned Teapot".

Hashtag Nascar
Jan 4, 2012

Sweevo posted:

i think so. the bene gesserit order is supposed to be future-catholicism or something

orange catholiscm iirc, mustn't have gone down well in certain circles in Scotland and Ireland :laugh:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
iirc orange catholicism was described as a melange (heh) of all contemporary earth religions

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

the title alone makes this the most worthless

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Program_on_Energy_Efficiency_in_Artisanal_Brick_Kilns_in_Latin_America_to_Mitigate_Climate_Change

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner
Categories: Bricks

[sfx: flushing toilet]

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

quote:

EELA hopes to reduce the GHG emissions of artisanal brick producers in the countries of operation by 30% and increase their income by 10%.

good I was wondering when someone was gonna do something about those artisanal brick producers and their polluting ways

compuserved
Mar 20, 2006

Nap Ghost

Call Now posted:

the works of Herbert the son who is poo poo piss garbage

ya brian herbert can't write for poo poo. also books 5 and 6 are pretty weird.

just pretend the series ends with book 4 and ur set.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Hashtag Nascar posted:

orange catholiscm iirc, mustn't have gone down well in certain circles in Scotland and Ireland :laugh:

yeah the OC bible always got a laugh out of me for that

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Comments on variations to the above version [edit]

NOTE – In the early 19th century, as today, there were cheap books and magazines.
Many of these “chapbooks” were on poor quality paper to a poor standard and with poor quality print. The works were copied with no thoughts of copyright, and the work required very little proof-reading, and what was done was not required to a high standard. Consequently the dialect words of songs varied between editions.
Some of the differences are interpretation of the dialect, some down to simple mistakes. Some of the most common are listed below :-

Verse 3 Line 1 - "fine" replaced with "fair Lunnen toon"
Verse 5 Line 2 - "bold Airchy" had been written erroneously as "both Airchy"
Verse 6 Line 2 - The name "Jack Coxon" spelt as "Cockson"
Verse 7 Line 1 - The name "Bob Cruddace" spelt as "Cruddance"
Verse 7 Line 2 - "kepping" replaced with "keeping beer"
Verse 9 Line 3 - Changed from "hear it's ony fit" to "maintain that it was fit"
Verse 9 Line 4 - "That's she's rul'd the market" replaced with "he should rule the market"

Recordings [edit]

To follow

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

Sham bam bamina! posted:

Verse 6 Line 2 - The name "Jack Coxon" spelt as "Cockson"

i am jack, son of cock

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Orbi posted:

i am jack, son of cock

aren't we all, really

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

FrozenVent posted:

aren't we all, really

some people are jill, daughter of vag or something like that

i am jack's pancreas

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
post the most worthless thing you can find on imdb

http://www.imdb.com/keyword/actor-shares-last-name-with-character/

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1856457/

http://www.imdb.com/list/6sNLvbY7N84/

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
their keyword search

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord
yeah imdb's keywords are p. awful, i've seen big name movies with a dozen variants on "female nudity", "full frontal nude" and then like only three other vague keywords like "thriller"

ChiralCondensate
Nov 13, 2007

what is that man doing to his colour palette?
Grimey Drawer

jony ive aces posted:

yeah imdb's keywords are p. awful, i've seen big name movies with a dozen variants on "female nudity", "full frontal nude" and then like only three other vague keywords like "thriller"
would you prefer "TITS", "VAG" for helen mirren's triumphs?

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

baby cave, knockers

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

:horse:

I don't remember where I saw the story about this but it is :3: as heck, rock on refurb

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
Hentai@Home (H@H) is a Peer-2-Peer gallery distribution system which reduces the load of the E-Hentai Galleries. H@H is a project that can be compared to a cross between the SETI@home project and BitTorrent.

The client may be run freely for any duration of time but it is recommended to run it continuously for as long as possible for maximum rewards.

H@H can also be used to download E-Hentai galleries, at the expense of 10 Credits, which can be gotten by winning random monster battles in the HentaiVerse.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
finally cloud computing put towards a worthy cause

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

a hentai operating system

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Yodzilla posted:

finally cloud computing put towards a worthy cause

never has cloud-to-butt been more accurate

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Suspicious Dish posted:

Hentai@Home (H@H) is a Peer-2-Peer gallery distribution system which reduces the load of the E-Hentai Galleries. H@H is a project that can be compared to a cross between the SETI@home project and BitTorrent.
lol

Suspicious Dish posted:

The client may be run freely for any duration of time but it is recommended to run it continuously for as long as possible for maximum rewards.
:lol:

Suspicious Dish posted:

H@H can also be used to download E-Hentai galleries, at the expense of 10 Credits, which can be gotten by winning random monster battles in the HentaiVerse.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

every one of those sentences is fukken perfect

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Suspicious Dish posted:

reduces the load of the E-Hentai Galleries

i think they meant increases :quagmire:

BooLoo
Oct 18, 2010

SLAM TIME
i tried to read dune for the first time a few weeks ago and i got a few pages after the whole "fear is the mind killer" spiel before i had to stop because it was all so overwrought and took itself so seriously

is it actually worth slogging through it, because at this point i think other nerds have ruined it for me and it just feels like parody

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

BooLoo posted:

i tried to read dune for the first time a few weeks ago and i got a few pages after the whole "fear is the mind killer" spiel before i had to stop because it was all so overwrought and took itself so seriously

is it actually worth slogging through it, because at this point i think other nerds have ruined it for me and it just feels like parody
it's really good and it's full of action and intrigue

read the book

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Suspicious Dish posted:

hentai@home is like folding@home only instead of helping research important medical things its nerds jacking it to cartoon girls

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no

git clone trooper posted:

baby cave, knockers

No

Baps & trouthole

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Crasscrab posted:

hentai@home is like folding@home only instead of helping research important medical things its nerds jacking it to cartoon girls

a perfect illustration of what the internet was supposed to be vs what it turned out to be

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
When eating an Otter Pop, one must first cut open one end of the plastic tube, and then eat it like a popsicle that has no stick.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
In response to the controversy and criticism, commentators defending the game have noted that large breasts have been a recurring theme in earlier Vanillaware titles as traditional and cultural symbolism for life and maternal fertility, and that the character art design is not necessarily something that is intended to objectify women; these motifs are seen in Odin Sphere and Grim Grimoire, where characters associated with necromancy are depicted with large breasts, akin to the sorceress from Dragon's Crown who is able to summon skeletons by raising them from the dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MindSet
Dec 21, 2008

If this goes badly, and I make a crater, I want it named after me!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_inflatable_manufactured_goods