Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

BlueBayou posted:

Is it bad that I keep accepting MBs even though I have an AP

I want every color.......

And I like putting random names on the inside

Blue
Dr. Bayou
Nickname
etc.

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
I just make sure they are all on the ticket and just change up my band every day. I already have specific ones for specific parks (Donald Jedi retro band with the special lights and sounds still the best)

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
There’s no shame in that game. Just please don’t be the guy with 100+ on his messenger bag strap, like a swath of machine gun rounds.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse

couldcareless posted:

I just make sure they are all on the ticket and just change up my band every day. I already have specific ones for specific parks (Donald Jedi retro band with the special lights and sounds still the best)

Oh yeah gotta rock Jedi Donald for HS

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Don't things with MDE and the turnstiles get weird if you have too many bands linked to your account?

I think I remember someone saying that regarding the limited edition bands and special effects. If you have too many bands it takes to long to process and the effects don't get played. Maybe I'm crazy

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
I thought you had a limit of 80 active but unlimited? for your account.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Yeah some of my family stay at the resort several times a year (marathons, spring breaks, school trips, etc) and they started to have issues with my cousin vanishing from their account and booking fastpasses. After talking with guest services it was due to the huge number of bands associated with the account. The removed a bunch and it worked again.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

13 days until I check in! What's the weather and crowds been like lately?

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

Tim Whatley posted:

13 days until I check in! What's the weather and crowds been like lately?

I found this search result:
https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/Orlando+FL+USFL0372

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
spring break and hot

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
Anyone know what time the Rapunzel Floating Lanterns thing happens in MK? A friend is going down next week and wants to do it, but doesn’t know days/times.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

The photo op? That just starts at dark I believe.

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler
They do it pretty much daily once it gets dark. Last I heard they pretty much are there all night.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
afaik it's there all night

You want to go at golden hour (aka civil twilight). After civil twilight the background is pretty dark and the photo isn't as nice.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Yeah, it'd be ideal around 8:00-8:30 this time of year depending on their shutter settings, but definitely don't wait till full dark.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
Sounds good, I didn’t know it existed at all, but pictures look cute.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

The lines get super long. I wanted to do one last time but no, I'm not standing in a line 100 people deep just for a picture.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

What attractions has the worst exits? I'm thinking Mission space might have top billing?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Quixotic1 posted:

What attractions has the worst exits? I'm thinking Mission space might have top billing?

Oh god, definitely. A neverending walk down a generic office hallway while a fake Michael Jackson blasts over the PA.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Luigi Thirty posted:

Oh god, definitely. A neverending walk down a generic office hallway while a fake Michael Jackson blasts over the PA.

You think you are reaching the end, but nope more wall.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Quixotic1 posted:

My wife loves the game and takes it seriously as gently caress. She'll stand just outside and try to huckster people into playing if there aren't enough.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Beachcomber posted:

My wife loves the game and takes it seriously as gently caress. She'll stand just outside and try to huckster people into playing if there aren't enough.

Oh I love the waiting area, more places should use that concept for waiting parties. I think the game use to be internet connected too, so people at home could play against park guests.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Quixotic1 posted:

Definitely Mission Space. Soarin is up there too

Edna Mode
Sep 24, 2005

Bullshit, that's last year's Fall collection!

I don't like the exit of Star Tours. Lots of rides exit into the gift shop but Star Traders always feels super crowded and it's always an ordeal to get out.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rock n roller coaster is the same way. Everest looks nice but having the ride photo near the unload is dumb

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Luigi Thirty posted:

I completely love Destiny because it completes the idea of Mission Space being a 90s space movie simulator.

Taking out Gary Sinese and making the CGI less lovely probably hurt that, though.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
Fast Pass selection day is an exercise in taking your carefully crafted plans and completely rejiggering them at 7am to fit when you were actually able to get FPs for Flight of Passage.

I've done this enough times now that everything is good, but I can see it being awful for first timers.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

couldcareless posted:

How do I get a Donald Jedi band? The website only gives me color options.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

$$$

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F273128132907

There are plenty of Magicbands with graphics for reasonable prices (look at Disney’s online store for them) and also plenty of limited edition ones with...less reasonable prices.

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler

Inferior Third Season posted:

How do I get a Donald Jedi band? The website only gives me color options.

They’ve basically stopped doing any Disney/ Star Wars crossover Merch so we’ll probably never see one ever again.

Lucas :argh:

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Lol, okay. I'll just continue with my choice of "purple".

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Inferior Third Season posted:

Lol, okay. I'll just continue with my choice of "purple".

Look for limited edition bands (not limited release) in the shop parks app if you want one that makes special effects at touchpoints. The Donald Star Wars one is maybe the best one but you can’t get them anymore. Check out magicbandcollectors.com for videos of what all of them do at the touchpoints.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Some of the newer ones are cool too. I grabbed the tiki room anniversary one and it plays the tiki room theme at the readers.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Love being part of the elite Jedi Donald Magic Band crew.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Do you guys know of any good youtube channels that do a lot of Disney park content that isn't either vlog style/personality driven or merchandise based? Talking more documentary or informational style. Or do you have any ideas for stuff that you'd like to see done in that vein? I've been wanting to do something like that for a while and looking for ideas.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Bottom Liner posted:

Do you guys know of any good youtube channels that do a lot of Disney park content that isn't either vlog style/personality driven or merchandise based? Talking more documentary or informational style. Or do you have any ideas for stuff that you'd like to see done in that vein? I've been wanting to do something like that for a while and looking for ideas.

Vlog style, no. I digest blogs as much as I can handle (some personalities grate on me like crazy), but a good vlog would definitely be interesting especially if you don't open up every video with something obnoxious "HEY WHATS UP YOUTUBE FAM TODAY WE ARE TAKING A LOOK AT HAUNTED MANSION" *spooky sound effect*

I'd 100% sub.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I would love to see something like that. There's a lot of topics that can obviously be covered. I will say I am a fan of TimTracker but that's obviously personality based. He just seems like a good dude.

Skeezy posted:

Love being part of the elite Jedi Donald Magic Band crew.

Tim Whatley fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Apr 1, 2018

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Tim Whatley posted:

I would love to see something like that. There's a lot of topics that can obviously be covered. I will say I am a fan of TimTracker but that's obviously personality based. He just seems like a good dude.

I ran into this guy's videos on accident while planning my trip. I don't watch vlog style content but I was looking for food reviews and stuff. I subsequently noticed him filming more content literally every day I was there, either at the parks or at Disney Springs. Dude gets around.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
I really like TimTracker, but he’s not someone to watch if you don’t already know a decent amount about Disney and are trying to learn the ins and outs.

Definitely better for general entertainment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bottom Liner posted:

Look up Martinsvids. He’s the definite documentary type guy for Disney vids.