Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003
I thought Mad Max: Fury Road was
:mediocre:
so you should probably ignore anything else I say

EvanTH posted:

I posted "KD is not a bitch, that's silly" just last night and I didn't make or quote any of the *farts* jokes

Ok then you're excluded :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

EvanTH posted:

lol it doesn't make a difference in the slightest

You want me to die.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Cool Buff Man posted:

Whoa, the Warriors offered Klay for PG

Pritchard? PRITCHARD?

Where's the loyalty gs smh owner just trying to get under the tax

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Doltos posted:

Those deals are simultaneous cap killers and probably franchise killers if the team sucks enough to make KP not want to resign. Then, as a GM, you get blamed for that too.

You also have to run every decision you make by this guy:

https://vine.co/v/OWuFmidQqzW

and if he doesn't like it you get fired.
I was looking for his weird quote about how some people say stuff regarding the Isiah Thomas suit but I can't find it.

Zogo posted:

I thought that he had the surgery last season.

Story I read was from just a few months ago:
http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nba/pistons/2017/05/06/andre-drummond-burger/101372126/

TheKevman posted:

Ok then you're excluded :colbert:

I've seen stories about KD being petty and social-media-obsessed.
https://twitter.com/royceyoung/status/750753848440999936
https://twitter.com/royceyoung/status/750754250951569408
https://twitter.com/cjzero/status/799117914028773376
Also stories about him telling odd small lies to the media and fans. But the only stories about him having a sense of humor are where they put him in funny commercials where he has no lines

dont be mean to me posted:

You want me to die.

I stopped posting in that other thread because I think you might be an actual crazy person. Please go to a psychiatrist and add me to your list of people who wanted you to be helped, not hurt. Please remove me from your list of people you need to revenge yourself upon. Would you like a detailed breakdown of that other poster's obvious joke so you can see how there was no actual harm meant from it?

EvanTH fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Jul 13, 2017

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/885623980878696449

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

EvanTH posted:

Would you like a detailed breakdown of that other poster's obvious joke so you can see how there was no actual harm meant from it?

I'd rather hear it from him, but if you think you can justify it, go ahead.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Henchman of Santa posted:

I'm going to assume you have never watched an award show in your life

Most people don't. They just see little clips like that and that's what sticks in the heads. Very few will hear and fewer will remember any interview with the host saying it was rehearsed.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

I'd rather hear it from him, but if you think you can justify it, go ahead.

Sure thing, friend.

Forums user "marioinblack" posted ~1,200 words in 10 paragraphs on the subject of Sports Parity, where he walked through a long train of thought and discussed how parity might apply to most of the major North American Sports. By the end of it he'd discovered that, surprisingly, there wasn't much of a conclusion to be had. At around that point he realized, "this is way too long and serious for this venue" so in lieu of forcing a final conclusion, he threw out a joke. I know it was a joke, because it was deliberately absurd and did not follow logically from any of the premises he had established. It was an acknowledgement of "wow I've wasted a bunch of time and serious words here on a not-so-serious discussion." It was expected to be read as a joke because the patent absurdity of "nuke LA" is in no way a solution to any of the issues he raised in his previous 1,150 words.

His conclusion was meant to be glib, and it would be difficult in the extreme to read that as any sort of serious suggestion. American cities do not threaten each other with wars of annihilation. The idea was ridiculous in its dark excess, i.e., a type of funny. Your reaction to it was so remarkable that I could only assume you were also making your own sort of joke, because if that were not the case it would be seemingly indicative of some type of personality disorder on your part, a large lack in your ability correctly to interpret human behavior and intentions. If that's the case, maybe you should speak to a psychiatrist and try to become more normal. They can teach you about jokes and laughing and having fun, and you will have more fun speaking to people :)

Or maybe you're still joking, who knows.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
https://twitter.com/bobbymarks42/status/885550785773182976

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

nuke all of southern california

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

then nuke northern california and start moving east from there

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

AggressivelyStupid posted:

then nuke northern california and start moving east from there

Thank you for leaving Maine intact for a while.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

This sort of owns and using your spotlight to poo poo on Skip Bayless seems just and good. He also got ina media fight with Stephen A Smith that was also hilarious.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/885633832602419201

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Would be kind of nice to get a second rounder or something for Perry. But I guess cash considerations are never bad

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

WhyteRyce posted:

Would be kind of nice to get a second rounder or something for Perry. But I guess cash considerations are never bad

The Kings and Knicks can't trade for a year so it's a small price to pay for the FO not having to field phone calls for Joakim Noah

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Maybe Griffin can slum it in Sacramento for awhile

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Kevin Durant wouldn't tell you to fart on his face.

He'd ask you.

"Do you wanna fart on my face?"

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Spacebump posted:

Chunkles please call Morey and tell him to finish up the Melo trade. I need some new look Rockets reactions.

I've been texting Daryl (I call him Daryl, of course we're on a first name basis) not to do the drat deal all week but getting no response

I'm gonna be furious if he comes here and starts some poo poo with national basketball treasure Mike D'Antoni

*lights the Declan signal*

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Pictured: national basketball treasures knowing they're cooked

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Kinda got Rob Dyrdek face

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

GOSH IF ONLY WE HAD A FLOP-HAPPY PG *gets named GM of the century*

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Zizic is looking better, looking like he's getting his legs under him and he's been rebounding/blocking up a storm

https://twitter.com/celtics/status/885623569761349638

Please be good

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Ammanas posted:

Pictured: national basketball treasures knowing they're cooked

Infinitely cooler than Steve Kerr and his band of church youth group narcs

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

EvanTH posted:

Sure thing, friend.

Holy poo poo thats what he felt the need to follow you to this thread and respond to constantly? Yea you may need psychological help my guy

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Space Camp fuckup posted:

Infinitely cooler than Steve Kerr and his band of church youth group narcs

church youth group narcs were mark jackson's crew. steve kerr's crew is Unitarian at worst, but probably downright agnostic. You can smoke weed in this clique, but only in the privacy of your own room and expect a stern scolding if u get caught

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

EvanTH posted:

Sure thing, friend.

[that's a lot of words to quote, but they're right up the page, so tell me if my assessment is off]

Laugh at our jokes or you're a sadbrain. That sure is a fair offer.

I mean, I get it. An over-simplistic, rushed, dramatic, violent overture to solve a problem that may be unable to be solved and may not even be a problem, directed at probably not the source of the problem, would be in a vacuum an amusingly disproportionate reaction. I think someone talked about nuking the moon once to show how crazy the United States was? It was funnier when I had a tolerance for as far right as that blog was.

But bringing mass murder into it makes it all kind of distasteful/disgusting. The United States (where the leagues being discussed were, mostly) has something of a history of over-simplistic, rushed, dramatic, violent overtures that solve nothing and aren't targeted at the source of their problems - kind of too close/too soon as is. And then Los Angeles gets brought into it. It's home (so I better not take that personally, right?), and if you haven't noticed lately, the red-meat base that seems to have a disproportionate impression on our government for D&D/C-SPAM reasons have a big swinging hate-on for California in general and Los Angeles in particular, and this has magnified into us becoming a neon-and-dazzle-lit Socially Acceptable Target visible from space, so it feels like a downright abusive dogpile.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

the_american_dream posted:

Holy poo poo thats what he felt the need to follow you to this thread and respond to constantly? Yea you may need psychological help my guy

it's the two page sticky thread at the top of the forum, I don't want to make fun of the guy, either i'm being super-irony-trolled or he's handicapped and he doesn't understand normal human interactions. Speaking of which:

Lockback posted:

This sort of owns and using your spotlight to poo poo on Skip Bayless seems just and good. He also got ina media fight with Stephen A Smith that was also hilarious.

Reading ESPN tweets about yourself in the locker room after your games doesn't own at all. Calling out Skip Bayless sounds fun, sure, but DMing a reporter and asking them to prompt you so your rant seems like is just some stuff you haven't thought about much is like, why not just talk about him if you want to talk about him? I mean, taken individually it's obviously not a big thing, just slightly weird. But it's just like, several years now of mostly hearing that KD's personal interactions are all slightly weird.

I guess he donates a bunch to local charities tho, so that's nice. Maybe he's just weird weird and not bad weird

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

I mean, I get it. An over-simplistic, rushed, dramatic, violent overture to solve a problem that may be unable to be solved and may not even be a problem, directed at probably not the source of the problem, would be in a vacuum an amusingly disproportionate reaction. I think someone talked about nuking the moon once to show how crazy the United States was? It was funnier when I had a tolerance for as far right as that blog was.

But bringing mass murder into it makes it all kind of distasteful/disgusting. The United States (where the leagues being discussed were, mostly) has something of a history of over-simplistic, rushed, dramatic, violent overtures that solve nothing and aren't targeted at the source of their problems - kind of too close/too soon as is. And then Los Angeles gets brought into it. It's home (so I better not take that personally, right?), and if you haven't noticed lately, the red-meat base that seems to have a disproportionate impression on our government for D&D/C-SPAM reasons have a big swinging hate-on for California in general and Los Angeles in particular, and this has magnified into us becoming a neon-and-dazzle-lit Socially Acceptable Target visible from space, so it feels like a downright abusive dogpile.

or maybe I was being generous and you're just an excessively self-righteous rear end in a top hat

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

You don't have to laugh but you also don't have to impose your neurosis on everybody. Nobody else had a problem taking it as a joke. Anyways this is really goofy

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

KD owns but he is weird. His latest slob job from Nike on YouTube starts with him describing how he could never get over on anyone...like he feels victimized all his life for not taking grey-area advantages others took. It kinda explains how he justifies going to golden state: I've played by the rules for nearly a decade, gave my team everything and never got my just reward. It's time for me to cut the line

You can be mad at him, whatever, dude wants to win more than anything and he got what he wanted. I have to wonder if the GSW don't repeat (they will) and he only ends up with 1 career ring, will he feel hollow in his victory.....

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I hadn't read the parity thread for awhile so I didn't see that he took a "Nuke LA" joke as a completely serious suggestion

LMFAO

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
so do you guys think PG likes toots or what

don't wanna get burned twice here.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Lmao

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

gently caress this gay earth

"Um I think you'll find that the earth is where we live, so your suggestion that we as you say 'gently caress the earth' is in fact a genocidal and maniacal suggestion and your implication that it's gay is homophobic"

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

Cool Buff Man posted:

You don't have to laugh but you also don't have to impose your neurosis on everybody. Nobody else had a problem taking it as a joke. Anyways this is really goofy

i have a theory about who this guy is but i won't know for sure until we figure out his opinion on paying women to fart on his face

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Bush Did Outer Heaven posted:

long as it isn't on the court who cares

and if it is on the court, long as it isn't breaking the rules who cares

^ ^ ^ same to that post

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Personally I feel like we now have a legit reason to nuke LA for real

I've seen a lot of people suggesting that CP3's press conference tomorrow is going to include him introducing Melo as the newest Rocket which if so that's the dumbest poo poo

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Bush Did Outer Heaven posted:

Nah no fart action but I can loving guarantee u PG has his red wings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

A bunch of crazy rear end poo poo.

Oh my loving god go away.

Ammanas posted:

Nah no fart action but I can loving guarantee u PG has his red wings

He sure does love his strippers!

• Locked thread