Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Oscar Wild posted:

Read "the beach" by Nevil Shute. That'll answer your question.

It is an excellent book on the aftermath of nuclear war and everyone should read it.

Also it is the most depressing book I have ever read

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
lmao I just realized Easy D's button is literally just an Easy Button from staples that Kelly taped to his desk

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012

Burt Sexual posted:

He's playing exactly like the Iranian leaders want. "External forces" etc. My God he's a loving retard.

lol this kinda poo poo is CIA engineered until proven otherwise any day of the week.

Trump tweeting "in support" just loving highlights it in bright orange marker like the unsubtle retard he can't help being :hmbol:

Mackers fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Jan 3, 2018

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Burt Sexual posted:

He's playing exactly like the Iranian leaders want. "External forces" etc. My God he's a loving retard. And that Nuke tweet is quite disconcerting. Is there any serious movement on the 25th being enacted yet? Please and ty.

e; What tweet?

why not done?

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

"If you don't find rape hilarious, you're a sensitive crybaby."
We are the dead.

Careful Drums
Oct 30, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Raged posted:

It is an excellent book on the aftermath of nuclear war and everyone should read it.

Also it is the most depressing book I have ever read

couldn't you just play any of the fallout games

Piss Witch
Oct 23, 2005

do u know jenny posted:

I've never heard an American use the term rubbish in my entire life

I've never heard a brit say soda, talk about not smoking in parks, know who caitlyn jenner is, or be able to own a gun. I think a yank saying rubbished is more likely than a brit here my friend.

But this is not a trump lol so i'll shut up now.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

lmao "you called me out for being a piece of poo poo, which triggered me so hard that I voted for a literal retard just because he's a piece of poo poo like me so if you think about it you're the REAL Trump voter"

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
dude isn't really wrong though

I'm super leftie before I get accused of chudliness

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
What exactly is Bannon's angle? He says poo poo that seems pretty disparaging in insulting to Trump at times but still ends up able to go shill for him and still seems to have access. Trump cuts people off constantly who won't openly suck his dick, why is he so scared of Bannon?

e: Lol: "Trump is not spared. Wolff writes that Thomas Barrack Jr, a billionaire who is one of the president’s oldest associates, allegedly told a friend: “He’s not only crazy, he’s stupid.”

LifeSunDeath fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Jan 3, 2018

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

oh so Trump happened because you're a loving retard. We already knew that.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

LifeSunDeath posted:

What exactly is Bannon's angle? He says poo poo that seems pretty disparaging in insulting to Trump at times but still ends up able to go shill for him and still seems to have access. Trump cuts people off constantly who won't openly suck his dick, why is he so scared of Bannon?

Because he was on the inside during the campaign?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

The Walrus posted:

lmao I just realized Easy D's button is literally just an Easy Button from staples that Kelly taped to his desk

Yup

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/948393772492251141

No button no button you're the button

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Pretty sure it's not because of the quinoa that he gets called a fascist

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

Rude leftists aren't to blame for Trump or Brexit, mealy-mouthed 'moderates' are.

Moderate politicians and commentators who respond to outright racism with "we need to address the very real concerns people have about immigration" embolden bigots and make them a mainstream group.

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

"If you don't find rape hilarious, you're a sensitive crybaby."

LifeSunDeath posted:

Bannon had the piss tape.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

dude isn't really wrong though

I'm super leftie before I get accused of chudliness

He's absolutely wrong about literally everything.

How can you look at that self-pitying bit of professional victimhood garbage and take him seriously?

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Listen officer, I only hit her because she kept insulting me!! She called me a racist, of course I had to bash her brains in with a baseball bat. Really, you should be charging her with a crime and investigating this is a suicide, not a murder!

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
It's a legitimate point to bring up because I'm honestly not sure the president of the united states understands metaphor. re: buttons

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

Be ruder to bigots imo

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

LifeSunDeath posted:

Bannon's angle is that he wants his agenda to go forward but he's been pushed out of the White House. So he's been spending time trying to get more insane people like him into office, push out anyone not insane enough, and is hammering Trump thinking that it'll make Trump take him back.

It's literally "NOTICE ME, SEMPAI!!"

Burt Sexual posted:

He's playing exactly like the Iranian leaders want. "External forces" etc. My God he's a loving retard.

Why it's almost as if Trump knows absolutely nothing about Iran, the current situation there, US foreign policy, or how to conduct himself like a human being. But surely that cannot be the case. Why he tells us all the time how smart he is!

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

Quote-Unquote posted:

lmao "you called me out for being a piece of poo poo, which triggered me so hard that I voted for a literal retard just because he's a piece of poo poo like me so if you think about it you're the REAL Trump voter"

It's a load of bullshit anyway. Let me break it down:

1) Nobody banned super-sized sodas. A republican attempted to, and a democrat shot it down when it got to his desk

2) Offensive ideas don't actually belong on campus, dingus. Nobody is being shut down for saying capitalism is good. But maybe saying transgendered students should hang themselves doesn't belong on campus? Here's another hot tip: offensive ideas aren't all that welcome in the workplace, either. In fact, it hasn't been welcome in the workplace for 30+ years! Shocking, I know!

3) Opposing gay marriage actually does make you homophobic. It would be like saying "whites and blacks should not be allowed to get married; I am not racist for saying that".

4) Plenty of democrats are pro-gun. Even Clinton herself said so during a debate. They're just against everyone who lives in dense, urban areas having one on their hip like it's the loving wild west because there would be 9 traffic-related homicides a day in major crowded cities. They are also against guns that can wipe out an entire classroom/movie theater in 11 seconds.

5) The only people who turned "white man" into an insult did it themselves by showing up with tiki torches and driving over people.

6) I've only heard people use the term "denier" when they deny the holocaust happened. The gently caress is he babbling about?

7) Yes it is dangerous to take health care from people amongst other lovely regressive policies

8) Dissent isn't hate speech. Calling Obama "Obongo" is hate speech.

9) lol the democrats didn't talk about the housing crisis? Jesus gently caress

10) Most liberals I know think Caitlyn Jenner is a huge piece of poo poo.

11) Your language isn't being "policed" because you can't ask your co-worker the Jewish Question and Twitter banned you for saying racial slurs

honestly I don't feel like even finishing this because this entire thing is aggravating to read for so many different reasons

jenny jones fan fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Jan 3, 2018

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Disgruntled (IT) Employee
:lol: I woke up this morning and my first thought was, "God, Trump is such a size queen."

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
Also Comey is just saying things flat out these days

https://twitter.com/Comey/status/948567341591392256

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Quote-Unquote posted:

He's absolutely wrong about literally everything.

How can you look at that self-pitying bit of professional victimhood garbage and take him seriously?

Through the lens of dealing with my poor hillbilly family the last 2 weeks

it's not that dudes specific complaint choices but the perceived attitudes behind them

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

:lol:

https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/948567561951764480?ref_src=twcamp%5Eshare%7Ctwsrc%5Em5%7Ctwgr%5Eemail%7Ctwcon%5E7046%7Ctwterm%5E1

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/948572221274034176

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

do u know jenny posted:

Also Comey is just saying things flat out these days

https://twitter.com/Comey/status/948567341591392256

it's almost like events are conspiring to come to a head in ways both unanticipated, for which we are unprepared and create consequences that will cause us all to suffer *shrugs, googles how to survive a nuclear attack*

happy new year

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Twitter should have a rule against world leaders edging global destruction.

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

@jack and twitter generally suck but this is moronic. Do they think it's better that we have no idea of the crazy poo poo Trump is planning to do? At least with him Tweeting this stuff, politicians can see the general public's dissent with these moronic ideas of his

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Almost certain they've done some long calculus on their projected stock prices after nuclear war breaks out, and it must be favorable or they'd have pulled the plug on that orange retard a while ago.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

NK launches rockets toward the US while Trump is pushing the big button, lips closed, tongue sticking out, desperately and repeatedly summoning diet cokes.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

I like how it’s for those who “didn’t oppose” the resolution so they can invite countries that abstained and don’t have to admit that the only people on their side are like Honduras,
Guatemala, and a handful of Pacific islands no one gives a gently caress about

I wonder if Trump knows he just invited a bunch of brown people.

Bacon Taco
Jun 8, 2006

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN
Dinosaur Gum

brylcreem posted:

Yeah, I can't fathom watching nuclear war unfold live on CNN.

I felt sick to my stomach on 9/11, and that was "only" planes. If it's the real deal ...?

Welcome to how we felt as kids in the 70s and 80s!

Not a lol.

Bacon Taco fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Jan 3, 2018

cnut
May 3, 2016

Avirosb posted:

I wonder if Trump knows he just invited a bunch of brown people.

Lmao

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

TFW your cognitive dissonance is crumbling around you

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

do u know jenny posted:

@jack and twitter generally suck but this is moronic. Do they think it's better that we have no idea of the crazy poo poo Trump is planning to do? At least with him Tweeting this stuff, politicians can see the general public's dissent with these moronic ideas of his

This would be true except:

The Republican Party is completely spineless and wouldn't do anything to stop Trump. He could tweet "Looking forward to murdering some people on the street today. Here's a picture of the gun I will use" and the GOP wouldn't give a gently caress.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GO0Eht-1Ww

2018 baby. Let’s get real weird with it.

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

A Fancy Hat posted:

This would be true except:

The Republican Party is completely spineless and wouldn't do anything to stop Trump. He could tweet "Looking forward to murdering some people on the street today. Here's a picture of the gun I will use" and the GOP wouldn't give a gently caress.

Which is good, it will only strengthen The Fuckening they will endure in November

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

What sort of projector do you need to do this? I feel like I’d get a lot of use out of it projecting things like “I know it’s your dog that’s making GBS threads in my yard” on my neighbors houses.