Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frunksock
Feb 21, 2002

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thealphabetsez
Jun 1, 2004

frunksock posted:

Oh shut up! I am completely envious of you right now!

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

Nait Sirhc posted:

That is such a beautiful car. Hats off to you, sir, for keeping your 2G clean. They are so rare these days.... 90% of the 2Gs I see on the road are riced out with half a primered Veilside-knockoff kit hanging off them, and then they wind up being RSes.

I always thought the veilside kit was kinda subdued (for veilside) for the 2G:

The car needs a lot of work still. I'm debating on revalving the jic's or going all out bilstien with ground controls. not to mention ducting, a new hood with a vent, replacing the rear hatch and going polycarbonate glass, a bigger turbo (thinking something small ball bearing and shoot for a low 400 mark, don't need anything more but the t28 doesn't have the top end i need). also build a tranny cooler and put at LEAST a front lsd in the car. I would fry my front tires on the uphill at nhis.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Octopus Magic posted:

I always thought the veilside kit was kinda subdued (for veilside) for the 2G:

The car needs a lot of work still. I'm debating on revalving the jic's or going all out bilstien with ground controls. not to mention ducting, a new hood with a vent, replacing the rear hatch and going polycarbonate glass, a bigger turbo (thinking something small ball bearing and shoot for a low 400 mark, don't need anything more but the t28 doesn't have the top end i need). also build a tranny cooler and put at LEAST a front lsd in the car. I would fry my front tires on the uphill at nhis.

That kit's pretty nice, I'd want to see it on a car that a) wasn't a convertible and b) didn't have horrible wheels.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

thealphabetsez posted:

Oh shut up! I am completely envious of you right now!

Haha, my dad just bought a brand new '08 launch M3 and I saw / drove it for the first time today. BMW requires you to stay under 5500rpm for the first 1200 miles and it only had 400 when I drove it. That is a definition of torture.

I cannot wait until the break-in period is over, that car is going to be a monster.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Here's my primary source of frustration
https://wi.somethingawful.com/a7/a76bfcf3f78cdff522e17085a4dd78c44e38e3df.jpg

And here's the project that I've barely worked on in the last year. She sort of runs right now but she needs an alternator.
https://wi.somethingawful.com/37/37036fdce98c889d6e0a603413d9fcde1ea65d69.jpg

Click here for the full 640x480 image.

Click here for the full 768x1024 image.

The Celica is for sale by the way, if you're in the NE Indiana area and you want a project.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Apr 10, 2009

para-frame
Apr 5, 2009

~*~Judaism has always had the answer to all of my life's problems~*~
My 1985 944

Moruitelda
Aug 7, 2005

I'll shut you up with my cock, you son of a bitch!

Rhyno posted:

The Celica

Really nice looking car.

How often do you get "Nice Camaro/Mustang!" while driving that around? :v:

Damiscus
Apr 8, 2008

..!

2005 rx8

It fit my budget and it's pretty fun to drive.

There are wheels on it now, but no camera to take a new picture, so I just stole this from my old 'wheels got jacked' thread.

Marvin K. Mooney
Jan 2, 2008

poop ship
destroyer

para-frame posted:

My 1985 944

So hot. The 944 and the 968, especially the turbos, are awesome cars and it's a shame I almost never see them. I love those wheels with the red paint.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

RealKyleH posted:

I love 4 eyes, white on black 85-86 are my favorite fox. I used to have one. Mine didnt work out, good luck with yours!

Me too, this used to be mine. I sold it to my dad so I still get to work on it without it costing me anything.

AnomalousBoners
Dec 22, 2007

by Ozma
Thats a nice lookin' fox you got there. I cant get over in that grainy pic how similar a capri and daytona are.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

RealKyleH posted:

Thats a nice lookin' fox you got there. I cant get over in that grainy pic how similar a capri and daytona are.

I'm sure the similarities were not lost on Ford either when the Daytona came out.

Scrum
Dec 12, 2003

All I got for Christmas was this shitty custom title.
Mazda Protege '03, pretty much stock. Tried to make it look like a typical AI photo with some girl sitting on it.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

wzm
Dec 12, 2004
'08 Lancer. Immediately after this picture was taken, the SVX in the background broke down and got me red flagged.

Gabby_Jay
Dec 14, 2000

Gör som vi
Till denna melodi
The need for a ute was starting to catch up to me, and all that talk in a recent thread about the Aus. Ford I6 engine got me thinking.

And here we are, a '04 BA XR6:

The Ps have been moved to a better position since I took the pictures. Why I didn't just take them off for the photos I don't know.

:dong::australia:

It's a little weird looking into the engine bay and seeing so much empty space. Overall, I'm impressed with it. It sure beats the old VN commodore sedan I had been using for the last few years.

_firehawk
Sep 12, 2004

Scrum posted:

Mazda Protege '03, pretty much stock. Tried to make it look like a typical AI photo with some girl sitting on it.

What the hell is on her leg?

DoesNotCompute
Apr 10, 2006

Big Wiener.

_firehawk posted:

What the hell is on her leg?

I'd wager it's a tattoo.

wintermuteCF
Dec 9, 2006

LIEK HAI2U!
Picture from weekend before last, I took my car out to the Texas Hill Country. Picture is on RR 337 heading east, just before Vanderpool.

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

Damiscus posted:

2005 rx8

It fit my budget and it's pretty fun to drive.

There are wheels on it now, but no camera to take a new picture, so I just stole this from my old 'wheels got jacked' thread.

Did they rest the car on a stack of napkins and coffee cups? Didn't think the RX8 was THAT light.

Chu020
Dec 19, 2005
Only Text
My first car, just picked it up today.

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

95 E36 is M3 suspension bits and M3 Exhaust, angel eyes up front. 130k miles, and in need of a wash.

Click here for the full 1280x960 image.

- horrid attempt at a cool shot showcasing the scuffed bumper

- my buddy got in the way of this one, but it's parked parallel to the Protege with a SPYDERWEB hood and giant wing that I posted in the "Horrible things people put on their cars" thread.

I was too lazy to block out the license plate so please don't come steal my car or whatever. :(

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Those old Celicas look killer, great rear end design.

Pipkin posted:

Me too, this used to be mine. I sold it to my dad so I still get to work on it without it costing me anything.

Oh hey, I used to have an '86. The GT front seats in these were so comfortable, best seats I've ever seen in a Mustang. Other than the SVO, of course.

a appropriate emote
Dec 24, 2008

:m10:

frunksock posted:

Nice. Did you consider anything else or was it always going to be an M3? I have seen a lot of these but still no convertible. Nearly half of all [coupe?] 3s sold are the convertible, but I suspect it's a lot less for the M3s, or maybe just the new one. I think it's because the 5-odd seconds to 60 seems unimpressive.

a appropriate emote
Dec 24, 2008

:m10:
I happened to run into this picture right before replying here. It's one of the best-looking, absolutely.

ThwartedEfforts
Aug 20, 2002

Gabby_Jay posted:

You seem to have an engine bay FROM THE FUTURE

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Gabby_Jay posted:

:dong::australia:

It's a little weird looking into the engine bay and seeing so much empty space. Overall, I'm impressed with it. It sure beats the old VN commodore sedan I had been using for the last few years.

Man that overflow tank is really messy for such a newish car. Looks like the engine has been churning rust through its coolant.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Coolant comes in colors other than green now. Orange, for example.

frunksock
Feb 21, 2002

like.a.kite posted:

Nice. Did you consider anything else or was it always going to be an M3? I have seen a lot of these but still no convertible. Nearly half of all [coupe?] 3s sold are the convertible, but I suspect it's a lot less for the M3s, or maybe just the new one. I think it's because the 5-odd seconds to 60 seems unimpressive.
Thanks - I started the process thinking I'd get a 335i, partly because I was just used to assuming I couldn't afford an M3, but when I started seeing what they were actually selling for in this lovely economy, I realized I could do it. I looked at pretty much all the competitors, but kept coming back to the 335 and the M. I probably could have gotten a 335 and been happy with it, but I made the mistake of test-driving the M3 directly after test-driving the 335i, and it was pretty much all over - they're just very different, even though they have similar bodies and torque. I was also really attracted to the DCT gearbox, since I've always had manuals, but I now have a long commute in heavy traffic and I was sick of dealing with a manual in stop-and-go for 1-2 hours a day. I really preferred the DCT to the 335's auto. I think the 2010 or 2011 335s will have the DCT as an option, though.

Yeah, the convertible M3's are a lot more rare - I think partly because it's a pretty big price jump, and partly because, yeah, it's slower - even though the coupe and sedans are kind of heavy to begin with, the convertible is of course, heavier still.

like.a.kite posted:

I happened to run into this picture right before replying here. It's one of the best-looking, absolutely.

GT4 - $120K euros :)

DuckBOT
Sep 11, 2001

step off my grill, dog.

My new Celica. '00, 100K miles on it. I work at a dealership so I pretty much got the car for what it was bought for. I love it :)

The first picture has the new wheels I got for free because I really wanted to replace the ugly chrome it had on it before. Just gotta fix the suspension and she runs perfectly.

DuckBOT fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Apr 11, 2009

Gabby_Jay
Dec 14, 2000

Gör som vi
Till denna melodi

You Am I posted:

Man that overflow tank is really messy for such a newish car. Looks like the engine has been churning rust through its coolant.
Perhaps at some point it was running dirty, as it is now it's filled with clear water. I'll be feeding it proper coolant though as it needs it. My father's '06 XR8 has a yellowing overflow tank too, it just seems natural to me for the plastic to change colour with the heat and time.

Marvin K. Mooney
Jan 2, 2008

poop ship
destroyer

DuckBOT posted:

My new Celica. '00, 100K miles on it. I work at a dealership so I pretty much got the car for what it was bought for. I love it :)

The first picture has the new wheels I got for free because I really wanted to replace the ugly chrome it had on it before. Just gotta fix the suspension and she runs perfectly.

Is this the GT with the 1ZZ or the GTS with the 2ZZ? Either way, it looks great- those new wheels look sharp. Are front plates mandatory in CA? If not, that black plastic frame needs to go.

my1999gsr
Mar 21, 2009
Mine:

Bought it from my old boss who bought it brand new off the lot in 1999. Totally dealer maintained it's whole life with a stack of receipts totalling $15000 CDN including warrantee work. When I bought the car it had about 260,000 kms or pure highway and had just started burning oil. I put another 120,000 kms on it, did some mods like a full 98-spec ITR suspension, and a 3 core full aluminum rad. I started getting sick of the oil burning so I pulled the engine to refresh/rebuild it on Halloween last year. Currently the motor is almost totally reassembled with well researched parts and a goal of a naturally aspirated 180-195 whp @ 6500-7500 RPMs. It's not intended to be a rocket, just a little better handling and a little faster than stock.

EvilCrayon
Dec 30, 2007

my1999gsr posted:

Mine:

https://wi.somethingawful.com/df/df4f0ec2e2f9f9c1f72aee6ab53db61ca952f0ec.jpg

Bought it from my old boss who bought it brand new off the lot in 1999. Totally dealer maintained it's whole life with a stack of receipts totalling $15000 CDN including warrantee work. When I bought the car it had about 260,000 kms or pure highway and had just started burning oil. I put another 120,000 kms on it, did some mods like a full 98-spec ITR suspension, and a 3 core full aluminum rad. I started getting sick of the oil burning so I pulled the engine to refresh/rebuild it on Halloween last year. Currently the motor is almost totally reassembled with well researched parts and a goal of a naturally aspirated 180-195 whp @ 6500-7500 RPMs. It's not intended to be a rocket, just a little better handling and a little faster than stock.

So glad to see a non-riced out integra... How hard was it to swap in the ITR suspension?

my1999gsr
Mar 21, 2009
Actually pretty easy. I was surprised to find that I only had to cut one of the rear lower control arm bolts to remove the shock. Once the original shocks, arms and swaybar were out the new ones just went right in. I made brackets out of 1/4" steel for the 23mm rear swaybar mounts since they're different than the stock GSR parts. Overall very easy for a car with the mileage mine has. On a side note, the ITR suspension dropped the car about an inch all the way around and the big rear sway bar along with the stiffer valving/springs in the shocks made a huge difference as far as handling - very crisp with almost no under steer; basically perfect for a daily driver.

GazChap
Dec 4, 2004

I'm hungry. Feed me.

DuckBOT posted:

My new Celica. '00, 100K miles on it. I work at a dealership so I pretty much got the car for what it was bought for. I love it :) Just gotta fix the suspension and she runs perfectly.
If that's the 1ZZ-FE Celica GT (not the GT-S) then keep a careful eye on the oil levels. Check it weekly, without fail. Without fail.

Thehit
Apr 9, 2009
My '99 Evolution. Rheims blue, hated the colour at first, but it's grown on me.

Pretty standard when I got it about a year ago, except for a couple of stupid stickers and a retardedly loud BOV. Stickers are gone, BOV is on the to go list, trying to find a Evo 8 MR recirc. one, meant to be pretty good.

Since I've had it I've installed a 3-inch turbo back exhaust, and swapped the battery and airbox over, so the intake piping is a lot shorter.

The stickers. It had the standard exhaust on it.

The airbox used to be where the battery sits now. Was tempted to go with a pod filter, but the guy who did my exhaust (probably one of the foremost Mitsi tuners/mechanics in New Zealand) recommended not to, and I listened.

As it is now, it's running about 1.1 bar boost without any boost control, next step is to probably get a standalone computer (powerFC or Link probably), the factory 18 psi boost cut is pretty much limiting anything else I can do to it in terms of power.

For a fairly standard car, it's pretty awesome. And I need some better pictures.

HerrSystem
Dec 27, 2006
Oh Shi-
edit: Hurrrr

HerrSystem fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Apr 12, 2009

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

HeirSystem posted:

It's nice, if you like rice.

:monocle:

What was that good sir? He's returning it to basically stock rather than the semi-riced out version when he bought it.

If anything, he's making it how it should have been - sweet factory exterior with some more oomph from the 4G63 and AWD system.

Rice? No sir.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HerrSystem
Dec 27, 2006
Oh Shi-

Sockington posted:

:monocle:

What was that good sir? He's returning it to basically stock rather than the semi-riced out version when he bought it.

If anything, he's making it how it should have been - sweet factory exterior with some more oomph from the 4G63 and AWD system.

Rice? No sir.

Ah, i misread. Apologies.