Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's the Roy I know and love.

Today's numbers come from Colru/Ship Graveyard and Keaghan/Misty Moonlight. Eazy for my high-level characters, but my 68 Lynn and 70 Evie will have to take the hard way out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Today's number is 8 and you can get it by running Lakoria or Laghodessa. Both are good opportunities to work on your titles.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Meanwhile in Malina I'm browsing raids:

Yeah game is dying and I think I know why :coffee:

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Today's number comes from Barnacle Bill and Thor. If you'll recall, Barnacle Bill is the SG pirate boss who doesn't use a gun despite being a bullet-headed saxon mother's son.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Today's number is 10. Today's bosses are Black Breeze (Trampled Desert) and Iset (Twilight Plains).

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Today's bosses are Titan and Slithering Mare from Ship Graveyard. Why have I never seen a Titan boat with the name "Attack on Titan"?

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

ArchWizard posted:

Today's bosses are Titan and Slithering Mare from Ship Graveyard. Why have I never seen a Titan boat with the name "Attack on Titan"?

This a good idea.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Today's lucky number is 12. Ahglans and Shamirs should stay at home today to avoid conflict with friends. As always, beware of Cancers.

While hosting Ahglan boats I learned about a Vindictus blog with neat gifs: http://coronaplease.tumblr.com. Visit it just to see Angry Teen Glas, who is apparently a real Season 3 boss.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 21:24 on May 16, 2015

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Today is a double day. Number 13 comes from Angry Old Man Glas and Longboot Matty in SG. Number 14 comes from Bark and the Giant Polar Bear in Dethrone the White Tyrant. Every once in a while I think about farming GPB for titles. Then I remember he keeps coming up during events, so why not wait? This is another opportunity to add a few more notches to all of my belts.

Plus, you know, gently caress Bark.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

ArchWizard posted:

Plus, you know, gently caress Bark.

Yeah, same, he's a boring raid. Anyways, I finally got a lako fang after running for the last 2-3 yrs on and off. Sadly, only gained 13m for all my effort. I swear, everyone who said they made a lot of gold from S2 raid drops are liars.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Alder posted:

Yeah, same, he's a boring raid. Anyways, I finally got a lako fang after running for the last 2-3 yrs on and off. Sadly, only gained 13m for all my effort. I swear, everyone who said they made a lot of gold from S2 raid drops are liars.
They were right to say it a year ago, when Lako Fangs were 30m. Or two years ago, when Lako Fangs were 50m. I don't think people are eager to spend after getting a ton of skellington gear and with S3's seal shop update incoming. I'm even holding off on buying 70 gear for my Evie and Lynn because drat, they got so few seals as it is.

EDIT: I checked my post history and was very disappointed. I also found out I got my bark barrel frag on Christmas 2013. I haven't gotten poo poo from bark since then.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 21:46 on May 17, 2015

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

I got more money from duoing S2 battles (not TD) with a friend than I ever got from raids.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Bakalakadaka posted:

I got more money from duoing S2 battles (not TD) with a friend than I ever got from raids.

True, back when TR were 100m each. Good times. My gifted 7 day cadet badge doesn't really seem to make my raiding any easier too. Perhaps I should clear the bingo early and return to turtle mode for now.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Number 15 comes from Silberin and Juggernaut. Number 16 comes from Lionotus and Alteron.

ALTERON PAUL 2016

EDIT: Oh yeah, I suppose it's important to note that you should not confuse Alteron, the final TD reaper boss, with Pantheum, the reaper raid boss. You probably know that if you recognize Lionotus as a daily raid boss, but maybe you didn't.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 20:42 on May 18, 2015

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Today's number comes from Big Horn Yeti and Cromm Cruaich.

Crom Cruach (Old Irish pronunciation /ˈkɾˠɔmˠ ˈkɾˠuəç/; modern Irish Cromm Crúaich) was a god of pre-Christian Ireland. According to Christian writers, he was propitiated with human sacrifice and his worship was ended by Saint Patrick.

For those of you who can't be bothered to decipher IPA runes, here's how you actually pronounce Crom Cruach.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Today's bingo number comes from Inquisitor Ulchas. They don't know which non-raid boss can drop it.

But who cares about that? The Fiona Revamp is here. A bunch of skills have been tweaked to be better and there are two new skills. Shield Deflection lets you block without interrupting your combo. It's similar to chain Vella's Biting Cold, but harder to use because you have to press Tab to activate it. Then there's Iron Defense, which increases defense by 75% for 30 seconds. Taunt has been buffed so it can be used with any shield. Now, here's the biggest loving deal in the whole revamp:

SHIELDS ARE NO LONGER BREAKABLE.

Holy poo poo. Hooooly poo poo.

Oh yeah, Lann and Evie got super ultimate skills. Lann's Comet is a lockdown skill that does crazy nuts damage but has crazy nuts cooldown of 20 minutes. Evie's Meteor Swarm also has a 20-minute cooldown but is a knockdown skill, not a lockdown skill. It doesn't seem fair that Evie can cast it every 20 minutes but Tellah could only cast it once before he died :smith:

EDIT: The hot springs are in. You cannot use them just yet. The dock fires got moved. (One extra syllable).

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 21:10 on May 20, 2015

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Based tellah, unable to meteor the second time. In other news, the polar bear has been fun to mash. Also holy poo poo I might make a Fiona now.

Nomadic Scholar fucked around with this message at 21:50 on May 20, 2015

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
Fifi Maste Race has returned. :fap:

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's a new Easy mode that makes enemies super-weak and lets you carry even more useless secondary weapons, but you only get one core from the boss and you have to solo it. At first I thought this was for loser idiots, but it could be a good way to get through the storylines without waiting for a party.

Irukul's the non-daily bingo boss, by the way.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 23:39 on May 20, 2015

OnceIWasAnOstrich
Jul 22, 2006

ArchWizard posted:

There's a new Easy mode that makes enemies super-weak and lets you carry even more useless secondary weapons, but you only get one core from the boss and you have to solo it. At first I thought this was for loser idiots, but it could be a good way to get through the storylines without waiting for a party.

For the few non-raids that are difficult solo? Who waits for parties for anything besides Ingkara?

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

OnceIWasAnOstrich posted:

For the few non-raids that are difficult solo? Who waits for parties for anything besides Ingkara?
Silberin :colbert:

Also, I think I heard someone say there's an easy mode for season 2.

OnceIWasAnOstrich
Jul 22, 2006

ArchWizard posted:

Silberin :colbert:

Okay I'll give you Silberin, I just did it on Easy mode and it was a breeze.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Also Larkan and the whole of S2

OnceIWasAnOstrich
Jul 22, 2006

I didn't realize just how EASY easy mode would be. Thirty-five second solo Kraken...

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

But can you do the chests in S2 battles on easy mode? Maybe ship graveyard would be worth doing...

OnceIWasAnOstrich
Jul 22, 2006

You do get chests. The chests may or may not be worse than their 50-69 versions.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

I'm pretty sure 50-69 chests aren't worth getting unless you want party feathers.

Oh yeah, it turns out easy raid wins count towards you daily limit but don't give seals of bravery. I guess we shouldn't be surprised by this.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

ArchWizard posted:

Easy mode for season 2 was back when you could set everything at level 20 and breeze through the story. Or just to see a non-ruins or ice cave map at lower levels. :smith:

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
So large shields are even more useless than before right? I heard hammer was pretty viable on KR but it doesn't seem much changed here?

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

darkhand posted:

So large shields are even more useless than before right? I heard hammer was pretty viable on KR but it doesn't seem much changed here?
I didn't mention this but Iron Defense only works with large shields and they made most hammer attacks slightly faster.

Psiwri
Mar 8, 2012

"The Foecast today calls for dark clouds, booming thunder and F.O.E.s everywhere!"
Large shield perfect guards also advance your normal attacks to the third swing like it does for small shield now.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Yeah large shield is viable now.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Today's bosses are Siglint and Elite Commander Venakun from Misty Moonlight.

Take off every Sig
You know what you doing
Move Sig

Psiwri posted:

Large shield perfect guards also advance your normal attacks to the third swing like it does for small shield now.
It's about time they did that. If you're using a small shield, the correct thing to do after a perfect guard is counterattack, not keep using your weenie attacks for losers.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 19:29 on May 21, 2015

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Today's number is 20. It comes from Ingkells and Desert Roc. WHERE IS THE BINGO CERTIFICATE BAROC OBAMA

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

ArchWizard posted:

Today's number is 20. It comes from Ingkells and Desert Roc. WHERE IS THE BINGO CERTIFICATE BAROC OBAMA

:golfclap:

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Nexon took the servers down for an unscheduled maintenance to fix the connection issues. Maintenance is supposed to be over but a lot of people, myself included, cannot log in. Nexon is promising free divine blessing stones as compensation. How about giving all of my characters today's bingo number, you fuckers :colbert:

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Good thing I predicted this and got my Bingo done in the morning. No, it's not because of my insomnia at all.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Today's number is 21. It comes from Enzo in Burning Temple. Spoiler: Enzo bro-trays you because he's secretly a Satan-worshipper.

This may also be of interest: For a while, some S3 content has been buried in the game files because that's how software developers are. You can go here for links to some of the writing.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 00:07 on May 24, 2015

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

ArchWizard posted:

This may also be of interest: For a while, some S3 content has been buried in the game files because that's how software developers are. You can go here for links to some of the writing.

:dogbutton: well, that a turn i did't expect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

It's another double number day. 22 comes from Havan or the original, non-lovely Blood Lord. 23 comes from Controlled Black Hammer or King Stoneshell from Ship Graveyard.

These bosses are all pretty easy, actually. Doubly so if you fight them on Easy mode.

• Locked thread