Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I just realized we probably won't get another new Vegas because obsidian is doing it's own thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
"my emotional investment in this commercial media product is symptomatic of a culture that is increasingly defined by escapism and arrested development"

pretty much everyone, 2015

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

symbolic posted:

video games are fun and good

very very few

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i suppose if you encompass every video game released since the Magnavox Odyssey came out, then yes, very very few

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

symbolic posted:

i suppose if you encompass every video game released since the Magnavox Odyssey came out, then yes, very very few

But in all of those games Romance of the Three Kingdoms VIII was released. And that is universally held as the single greatest game in the history of games. That includes non video game games too. Its better than Mouse Trap. The only competition it has is Crossfire, and it automatically wins because those little balls always got lost.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Solice Kirsk posted:

But in all of those games Romance of the Three Kingdoms VIII was released. And that is universally held as the single greatest game in the history of games. That includes non video game games too. Its better than Mouse Trap. The only competition it has is Crossfire, and it automatically wins because those little balls always got lost.
board james introduced me to crossfire and i am sad i was never able to experience it as a child :(

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

How much is it worth to you?

http://www.amazon.com/Crossfire-Shoot-Out-Board-Game/dp/B00000IWE4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1447202312&sr=8-1&keywords=Crossfire+game

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Someone make this guy in the facemaker and post please

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

not $200

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

symbolic posted:

i can think of maybe two good games this year.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Groovelord Neato posted:

i can think of maybe two good games this year.
your standards are so high they're baked, apparently

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

symbolic posted:

your standards are so high they're baked, apparently

You hate videogames more and more as you get older and end up seeing some game some kid is playing at Walmart and looking at the kid and thinking "wow what a piece of poo poo that's a terrible game and this mongoloid idiot gently caress seems to really like it I bet his mom is loving ugly is that her over there? Oh not bad I guess I'd gently caress her but I ain't raising her goddamn lovely kid because he's an idiot"

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

when you're older you like better things. i liked transformers as a kid but gently caress it now.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I had a jet that turned into a man

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Groovelord Neato posted:

when you're older you like better things. i liked transformers as a kid but gently caress it now.
good thing i'm young and nearly every video game i play i like :)

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i do truly envy you. i wish i could enjoy the game but it's bad so i cannot.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Groovelord Neato posted:

i do truly envy you. i wish i could enjoy the game but it's bad so i cannot.
i mean, i still have to deal with burdening student loans, the barely-sustainable job market, and the fragile healtcare system in America, all while the world goes to hell in a handbasket because of old white men in power

but hey at least i like video games

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

symbolic posted:

i mean, i still have to deal with burdening student loans, the barely-sustainable job market, and the fragile healtcare system in America, all while the world goes to hell in a handbasket because of old white men in power

but hey at least i like video games

:agreed:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Groovelord Neato posted:

Not necessarily. just between work and life you have much less time to put up with blandness or mediocrity in movies/games/books. I'm getting older but still enjoy really bad-guilty-pleasure stuff but if its just ehhhh "watch/play/read-able but forgettable and bland" then gently caress it whereas my 15 year old self would have still finished it.

anyways there are a lot of good video games, and good video games are good, of which there are a lot of even this year alone which I enjoy playing in my less-free time. but there are also a lot of mediocre ones so don't play those

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Solice Kirsk posted:

Ummm, its obviously amazing and well put together. Just take a look at this unbiased gaming review that says as much:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGqC4mwitkQ

Bonus points for it falling off their arms the whole time.

LOL Is this a fisher-price toy for man-children or something?

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
so to those of you farther along in the game i have a question

are there any named npcs who are not hostile by default that don't have the essential tag set on them?

because thus far it is looking like half of Boston is composed of immortals

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Its a bethesda game. Just expect anyone with a name to be invincible.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Nuebot posted:

Its a bethesda game. Just expect anyone with a name to be invincible.

Morrowind let me kill quest NPCs and doom the world dammit.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
how many people unironically posted complaining they couldn't kill their literal infant son in the beginning

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Until I get something that rivals having my supermutant 'grandma' machinegunning all the wasteland trash to death, I'm not convinced any of the NPC's will be interesting.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

KiteAuraan posted:

Morrowind let me kill quest NPCs and doom the world dammit.

But it was too hard to reload your save.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
i purchased fallout 4 so that i could exhaustively catalogue the myriad ways it cannot live up to my expectations, nevermind the masterstroke that was new vegas, an obsidian game *pauses to bow to the east seven times towards Irvine*

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Wicker Man posted:

Until I get something that rivals having my supermutant 'grandma' machinegunning all the wasteland trash to death, I'm not convinced any of the NPC's will be interesting.

That was the worst NPC in New Veggie you cret

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
*loads up fallout 4* hmmmmm *moves around and looks at stuff* no sir, this isn't like new vegas at all *checks off an item on a list* that's a demerit

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

new vegas didn't even start in a vault what a piece of poo poo!!!

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
Maybe in FO6 you'll get to play an Enclave holosim and man the door gun of a vertibird during a spec ops raid in China or something. I guess they'd have to figure out "vehicles" first.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Pvt.Scott posted:

Maybe in FO6 you'll get to play an Enclave holosim and man the door gun of a vertibird during a spec ops raid in China or something. I guess they'd have to figure out "vehicles" first.

I don't know if the 2001 version of Gamebryo that they're building Fallout 6 on will be able to handle that TBQH

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Why isn't this game like morrowind? *bashes head into desk*

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Why doesn't my dog have mocap and why isn't it somebody I actually care about??

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
nonono no no no. no.

no.

i am ROLEPLAYING a misogynistic racist goonybird *melees the corpse of a black woman for fifteen minutes straight*

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Sheep-Goats posted:

You hate videogames more and more as you get older and end up seeing some game some kid is playing at Walmart and looking at the kid and thinking "wow what a piece of poo poo that's a terrible game and this mongoloid idiot gently caress seems to really like it I bet his mom is loving ugly is that her over there? Oh not bad I guess I'd gently caress her but I ain't raising her goddamn lovely kid because he's an idiot"

actually as i got older i realised "its all just video games, they are all equally meaningless and who gives a gently caress i'll play what is fun"

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

so i dont like the dialogue much but the shooting is way better than 3. i spent the last two months playing 3 wheneve ri had any gaming time so i'm comparing this pretty directly and while its def more of the same, its better in p much every way. loving the gun variety thus far, really nice to have more options than 9mm and .32 pistol and hunting rifle or assault rifle

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

Sheep-Goats posted:

I remember being excited to go to target and play the demo sega there while my mum did shopping. played sonic and knuckles a whole bunch. thanks for listening.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

bitmap posted:

I remember being excited to go to target and play the demo sega there while my mum did shopping. played sonic and knuckles a whole bunch. thanks for listening.

ah poo poo now i remember getting to go to toys r us on the weekends to play super mario 64 before the n64 was properly released and christ i can't remember the last time i felt such awe and joy in my loving life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Sheep-Goats posted:

That was the worst NPC in New Veggie you cret

Still more interesting than monotone "Let me aim that for you next time" Boone.

• Locked thread