Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aquila
Jan 24, 2003

Can I get a guild invite please? @JamesHH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Nexal posted:

My wood elf wants to join the guild @Veldarels

Account not found. PM @Scyantific ingame when you get a change.

Also, THE STAMINA/NIGHTBLADE TEARS ARE THE AMBROSIA OF GODS :getin:

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
e: ty

Kakarot fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Jan 16, 2017

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Why do you have an alt account? Did you already fill up your character slots?

insideoutside
Jan 27, 2009

Scyantific posted:

Account not found. PM @Scyantific ingame when you get a change.

Also, THE STAMINA/NIGHTBLADE TEARS ARE THE AMBROSIA OF GODS :getin:

What's up with stamblades? I'm only lvl 26 or something so I'm clueless.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

insideoutside posted:

What's up with stamblades? I'm only lvl 26 or something so I'm clueless.

It's stamina in general. Forums are going crazy right now because there aren't any significant buffs to stamina based characters in the upcoming patch.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Scyantific posted:

It's stamina in general. Forums are going crazy right now because there aren't any significant buffs to stamina based characters in the upcoming patch.

Are stam characters weak at the moment? I mean, I feel like magicka guys have better sustain and higher DPS overall (at least in pve), but I don't feel like the gap is that big, not sure about pvp tho.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

MF_James posted:

Are stam characters weak at the moment? I mean, I feel like magicka guys have better sustain and higher DPS overall (at least in pve), but I don't feel like the gap is that big, not sure about pvp tho.

Almost every single progression group in Trials runs pure magicka, using a stam class for caltrops/rapids. Mainly because magicka has much, much more utility than stamina when it comes to end-game raids. Shields, regen, self-sustain, etc.

Which is ironic since nearly all of the class-records for DPS and veteran Maelstrom are held by stamina setups (Streak One's 600k, sub-30 minute veteran Maelstrom run comes to mind).

Plus just general saltiness that stam classes are getting gimped after dominating for so long.

Same thing applies in PvP as well. Destro ult is king-poo poo of gently caress hill right now, and even stam setups are running a destruction staff on their back bar simply for the ultimate.

E: For what it's worth, I've stopped using my Stam sorc for dungeon farming and have been relying on my newer magicka characters (Breton magblade/magplar) to run content for gear/keys/bragging rights. Only stam setup I even use in PvE right now is my DK Tank since I'm trying to gear it up for a progression group.

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Jan 17, 2017

tehllama
Apr 30, 2009

Hook, swing.
What would be a good magblade DPS setup to complement the sap tank linked to in the OP?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Hahahahahaha Purifying Light is so broken right now on PTS. And it's working as intended, doubling backloaded damage and bypassing Battle Spirit.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Good. Please buff Magplar DPS, ZOS. It's severely underpowered. No, don't play it to find out.

inflatable fish
Dec 8, 2016
Homestead to hit on Feb 6

unlikely they'll change anything by then, what you see on the PTS is p. much set in stone

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!
So I started playing this when I kept losing in Rocket League on PS4 while being paired with poo poo teammates for a while... I ended up making it to level 10 and after that did some dungeons and hit level 12. Also I really do like the go anywhere piece of this and just do things without worrying about a level lock, as well as being able to continually go through the main story quests without having to be a certain level to see more.

With that said, I am playing a sorc. I have no clue what to put my allocation points into when it comes to Health, Stam, and Magicka. And after reading some various google searches I am even more confused. What should I concentrate on here? Also, seems like there are a few good things I would want out of the mage quest line to level that up. Any advice?

Right now I am firing my staff off with strong attacks, using a freeze shot to freeze people in place, I can summon a pet (Leveled this one up to the next strongest pet I guess) while using Crystal shard and a lightning cast for an AOE.

Any tips for a game that has pretty much been sitting on the shelf for me for over a year? :)

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Utnayan posted:

So I started playing this when I kept losing in Rocket League on PS4 while being paired with poo poo teammates for a while... I ended up making it to level 10 and after that did some dungeons and hit level 12. Also I really do like the go anywhere piece of this and just do things without worrying about a level lock, as well as being able to continually go through the main story quests without having to be a certain level to see more.

With that said, I am playing a sorc. I have no clue what to put my allocation points into when it comes to Health, Stam, and Magicka. And after reading some various google searches I am even more confused. What should I concentrate on here? Also, seems like there are a few good things I would want out of the mage quest line to level that up. Any advice?

Right now I am firing my staff off with strong attacks, using a freeze shot to freeze people in place, I can summon a pet (Leveled this one up to the next strongest pet I guess) while using Crystal shard and a lightning cast for an AOE.

Any tips for a game that has pretty much been sitting on the shelf for me for over a year? :)

Do you want to be a magik dude or stamina dude? Stamina is more melee/bow type stuff whereas magicka is spells and poo poo (also tanks typically run magicka). Either way, pick one of those 2 and put all your points into that, don't put points in health.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

You're well on your way to mag sorc anyway, all points into Mana.

Alcast makes good build guides, despite being very endgame in mind, they're worth a look to understand what you're going towards:

http://alcasthq.com/mystic/

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!
Ok thanks guys. Yeah I like blowing things up from range. I'll start pouring everything into Magicka. :) Up until now I have been keeping everything even. Is there a way to reallocate those points? I also just finally figured out how to get more bag slots so thats good.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
There are shrines that allow you to respec stats, skills, and morphs in the faction capital cities (Elden Root, Wayrest, and Mournhold), and the cost is proportional to the number of points you have allocated.

Also if you have a mount, you can also upgrade Carrying Capacity at a stable to increase the size of your inventory, up to a max of 60, in addition to what you can get from bag upgrades alone.

insideoutside
Jan 27, 2009
Man gently caress these connection issues. They said on the forum that it is DDOS'ing so that is better than just janky servers I guess. Did they ban a whole bunch of people or do anything otherwise to puss people off enough to get DDOS'ed?

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Robotor just hasn't been the same since 9/11...
In my experience the connection is always lovely.

Some places lag like crazy for me too, like Hew's Bane.

insideoutside
Jan 27, 2009
Yeah, I regularly have lag spikes around 500 up to 999+ (which does not happen on other games) but these times the whole server has been dropping.

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

Could someone through me an invite to the Ebonheart guild? @dsirand

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
So, I finally have something to complain about. Once you pass level 50, there's really not much of a mechanical incentive to continue with the faction storylines. Sure, you'll earn Champion Points, but you'll also earn them by doing literally anything else, and while there are at least a couple quest chains in each region that provide a skill point, that probably isn't enough unless you're really skimping on crafting. I'm a werewolf, which is essentially another class skill tree you need to completely fill out, and I'm doing three crafts, so I'm really feeling the squeeze.

So if you aren't doing PVP, and aren't able to get together with a group as often as you like to conquer the major dungeons, the game becomes hopping from region to region collecting skyshards, about half of which are in delves. And the majority of the delves are not very well designed—they're generally windy linear paths with a boss at the end whose only discernible difference from a normal enemy is that they have more life and do more damage. So at the point I am now, there's very little overlap between the content I want to complete and the content that is beneficial to my character.

That said, almost all of my favorite delves have been in DLC areas, which tells me that they've been trying harder to produce good content since launch, and gives me hope for the game's future. Also, because I'm doing so much crafting on this one character, skill points aren't going to be as much of an issue on any alts, and the fact that you share champion points across all your characters means all I have to do for any alt to be as good as my main is raise them to level 50. Cutting out a major part of the grind like this is brilliant, and really encourages making a bunch of alts purely for the fun of it. And because the combat is extremely good by MMO standards, this is genuinely fun rather than a merely compulsive sort of thing.

I just wish I wasn't set up for a lovely grind even once out of necessity.

Totbot
Oct 4, 2013
Is there a decent reason for a casual new player to really do much with the gear crafting professions? With the trait time gate it seems like if/when I need to get crafted gear in the future it would just be easier to get the mats and have someone else craft the gear.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Yeah, one benefit to crafting is that it's a BoE, so you can have us make things for you. You'll still get to 50 in crafting just from deconstructing everything, so you can get the hirelings for daily loot, or do Writs if you want. I do all crafting on my main and I love it, but you don't need to.

Some of the secondary crafting lines have really good passives. Like potion effects last longer, or food/drink lasts longer are cool.

Totbot
Oct 4, 2013
Ok great, that's what I thought. Not the biggest fan of gear crafting in MMOs, especially after reading up on traits, so if I can just focus on passives and mats that works for me.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Eventually the master crafters will quit the game so take that as you will.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

crafting isn't too bad except enchanting, a lot of the good sets are low trait requirements anyway

tehllama
Apr 30, 2009

Hook, swing.
How hard is it to level alchemy and provisioning? I ignored them on the way up but now that I'm at CP160 I was looking to do them too. I also need a DPS spec to complement magblade sap tank.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Both crazy crazy easy.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

tehllama posted:

How hard is it to level alchemy and provisioning? I ignored them on the way up but now that I'm at CP160 I was looking to do them too. I also need a DPS spec to complement magblade sap tank.

See the OP for a powerleveling (aka get that poo poo knocked out in 30 minutes tops) guide for alch and provisioning.

As far as a dps spec for magblade, just run a crafted Julianos set for Chest/Legs/Boots/Hands/Belt, then some Torug's Pact Head/Shoulder/Weapons.

tehllama
Apr 30, 2009

Hook, swing.

Scyantific posted:

See the OP for a powerleveling (aka get that poo poo knocked out in 30 minutes tops) guide for alch and provisioning.

As far as a dps spec for magblade, just run a crafted Julianos set for Chest/Legs/Boots/Hands/Belt, then some Torug's Pact Head/Shoulder/Weapons.

Thanks! Skill loadout? Light armor?

count_von_count
Nov 6, 2012

Dumb questions ahoy:

I got back into ESO after OT, and I'm currently running a Breton stamDK sword & board tank. I've finally reached lvl 50 and I'm looking to respec: mostly I want a build that will let me solo late-game PVE stuff, right now I'm dying too easily. Is there a way to reinvent this character to do that? Shifting focus to magicka or a different weapon skill, maybe?

I let my daughter play w/ the dye station on this toon, and she promptly gave it a white-with-black-highlights paint job, then danced around the room singing "Daddy's a stormtrooper!" Something something Imperial crafting motif.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

tehllama posted:

Thanks! Skill loadout? Light armor?

5L 1M 1H seems to be the standard. If you got the silk, I'll make everything for ya.

As for skills, there's a few builds out there that look good, but that's up to your playstyle.

Alcast has a trial setup:

Inferno Staff: Slot 1: Twisting Patch Slot 2: Crippling Grasp/ Siphoning Attacks Slot 3: Force Pulse/ Funnel Health Slot 4: Merciless Resolve Slot 5: Inner Light Ulti: Shooting Star

Inferno Staff 2nd Bar: Slot 1: Wall of Elements Slot 2: Sap Essence Slot 3: Crippling Grasp Slot 4: Impale Slot 5: Inner Light Ulti: Soul Harvest

DUALWIELD SETUP

Inferno Staff: Slot 1: Wall of Elements Slot 2: Crippling Grasp/ Siphoning Attacks Slot 3: Force Pulse/ Funnel Health Slot 4: Merciless Resolve Slot 5: Inner Light Ulti: Shooting Star

Dualwield Slot 1: Twisting Path Slot 2: Sap Essence Slot 3: Crippling Grasp Slot 4: Impale Slot 5: Inner Light Ulti: Soul Harvest

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
You probably know this already, but 5/1/1 is for Undaunted Mettle which is fairly up there in skill line. Until you open up that, it may be better to go 5/2 or 7/7 depending on armor passives.

ActionVolus
Nov 22, 2016
Thanks for the invite

ActionVolus fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Oct 22, 2018

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

When dealing with newer goons, ALWAYS go 5/2 Light/Heavy or Medium/Heavy to start.

Also magblade bar should be like this:

Main Bar: Force Pulse, Funnel Health (or Swallow Soul), Impale, Grim Focus, Inner Light, Shooting Star/Elemental Storm
Off-Bar (AoE): Crippling Grasp/Rearming Trap, Refreshing Path, Elemental Blockade, Sap Essence, Siphoning Attacks, Soul Harvest

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

hello friends, i would like to join the ebonheart guild if that is alright

@sudormrf

GPF
Jul 20, 2000

Kidney Buddies
Oven Wrangler
Which name is my @ name? I'd like to join up too.

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

i have so many newbie questions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MF_James
May 8, 2008

GPF posted:

Which name is my @ name? I'd like to join up too.

Your login name, not your character name.