Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Assuming the 20 minutes mentholmoose mentioned have elapsed, I have made my selections
Andrew Peeke and the coach getting blood from a stone Don Granato

MononcQc I think is up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

Oh yeah if I can fast-track my picks like that? I will.

Free market efficiency, baby!

The Chicago Blackhawks are glad to draft the remaining forward with the most penalty minutes available still not in the spreadsheet: Brendan Lemieux

This will bring in some of the grit we surely still need.

Now back to mentholmoose.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Flyers will take a depth center who might actually turn into a solid player, who also has a totally unpronouncable name: Eetu Luostarinen.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

More skipped picks, but Good Soldier Svejk has an hour to make lazerwolf's pick.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Ah hell, uh Jasper Weatherby

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
fuckin uhhhhhhhh Adam Gaudette

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Jasper Weatherby sounds like the name of a balloon salesman from the 1920s

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Even more skipped picks means the Blues are going to take Jonathan Dahlen and put him somewhere.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
Carolina needs a bunch of jerks.

For a backup goalie, we need a big jerk, as in he’s bad so he is a jerk to his teammates:

Carolina selects Martin Jones

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Detroit will take Victor Soderstrom and Sampo Ranta

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
Carolina is gonna round out with one dude who is kick rear end, may not deserve to be among these other jerks, but he can be a jerk himself.

https://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2013/10/10/4824950/joe-thornton-tomas-hertl-quote-four-goals

Hearing a question to Marleau about Hertl and whether he was showboating, Thornton said:
"Shut up, have you ever played the game?"
When the press turned his way, he then added:
"I'd have my cock out if I scored four goals. I'd have my cock out, stroking it."

Jumbo Joe himself , ya drat right.

Wilson —- Kadri —— Marchand
Perry — M Domi —- Kreider
Maroon —- A Watson —— Simmonds
Rinaldo —- E Kane —— Clutterbuck
Jumbo Joe

Gudas —- Brendan Smith
Mailloux —- Bogosian
Gudbranson — Schenn
Morin

Binnington
Martin loving Jones

Coach: Berube

Binnington

Coach: Berube

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

The Washington Captials select Kristian Vesalainen.

With a complete player roster, and $2,976 of remaining cap space, the team on the ice (and pressbox) looks like:

Panarin - Norris - Ehlers
Hyman - Backlund - Keller
Kempe - Rasmussen - Hartman
Dzingel - Gagner - Caggiula
Fischer, Vesalainen

Nurse - Pionk
Yandle - Faulk
Soucy - Myers
Hunt

Markstrom
Hutton

The team was expertly drafted in large part by The Athletic's fantasy ranking projections, though it wasn't out yet for the first couple rounds so we resorted to random google searched fantasy rankings. Surely this method has produced a remarkable team of striking hockey characteristics!

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Nice job with the cap. :golfclap: I'm not going to be nearly that close.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Speaking of, I don't think there's an expensive enough player left to get Vote1's wings cap compliant so everyone shame him

e: and the Kraken can't fit a full roster?
Wait was that the gimmick

Good Soldier Svejk fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Oct 20, 2021

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

FBS posted:

Nice job with the cap. :golfclap: I'm not going to be nearly that close.

Sadly, I was $357 short of zeroing out the cap with one of three available players, which would have been pretty awesome.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

The Toronto Maple Leafs reckon that Ottawa's Bruce James Cassidy is a top 20 coach in the league.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
Stars select C Kevin Stenlund and D Matthew Benning

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

The Nashville Predators will select Klim Kostin and Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen! Welcome Klim and Ukko-Pekka!

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Sorry its been one hell of a week at work, I dont normally fall behind this much.

Gimme Valtteri Puustinen & Wyatt Johnston.

e: I have discovered a bunch of borderline players for multiple teams with this gimmick. Its been pretty fun.

e2: VOTE1 might not reach the cap floor with Detroit, but will also go over the cap with Seattle! glynnenstein is also in trouble..

Furnaceface fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Oct 21, 2021

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Furnaceface posted:

e2: VOTE1 might not reach the cap floor with Detroit, but will also go over the cap with Seattle! glynnenstein is also in trouble..

I only need a coach, so I'm gold.

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Furnaceface posted:

I can get a min contract guy in for Seattle to have a 22 players roster I think.

One thing I never worked out is whether bonuses can count towards the cap floor. I know if you bring people up mid season while in LTIR or something the count (potentially applied to Vancouver this season with Rathbone/pod.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Furnaceface posted:

e: I have discovered a bunch of borderline players for multiple teams with this gimmick. Its been pretty fun.

This is like the biggest reason I love to do this in the off-seasons - it's a really good way to find the who's who of 4th liners and upcoming prospects around the league and my general hockey awareness definitely suffered from it not happening the last few seasons

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Ottawa Taylor Raddysh

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

Well gently caress it, if no one else is gonna grab him then the Oilers pick Arttu Ruotsalainen!

Edit: And I'm also gonna grab Mikko Lehtonen Juho Lammikko! That'll show you not to pick any finns!

Kuule hain nussivan fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Oct 21, 2021

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Ottawa selects defenseman Jake Walman

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

Bruins select head coach Marc Savard!

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Phone posting so gimme Brandon Montour oh ya

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

As of like this minute tarbrush is on the clock, until 5:17 ET.

Skipped picks:
Arabian Jesus x6
Iodised QQ x2
Drunk Canuck
FBS
JawKnee
El Gallinero Gros
fawning deference
Ginette Reno
VOTE1

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Seattle will select Brendan Perlini to be our spare forward as I can afford him and he apparently plays both wings.
code:
Jonathan Marchessault	Nick Scmaltz	Mikko Rantanen
Janne Kuokkanen	Christian Dvorak	Craig Smith
Tanner Pearson	Casey Mittelstadt	 Warren Foegele
Mason McTavish	Jason Dickinson		 Tyler Motte
Brendan Perlini		

Roman Josi	Ryan McDonagh	
Torey Krug	Philippe Myers	
Brendan Dillon	Tucker Poolman	

Darcy Kuemper 		
Mike Smith		

Rod Brind'Amour		

Minors: Simon Edvinsson	

Last time I did this I had ok forwards and a garbage D (pretty sure I just picked on points..). Happy with my D, very happy with goalies, and right wing is solid. Left wing is ok, probably depends on how good Kuokkanen is as to whether it’s average or below average.

The one thing I wish I had was a top 30 centre - Mittelstadt is injured so not sure if he was actually going to be the no1, but while this team has 3 no1 centres, that’s for Montreal, Phoenix and Buffalo… solid depth at centre, but if your down 1 with 2 minutes to go, none of the options are great.

VOTE1 fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Oct 21, 2021

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

The New York Rangers select

Serron Noel

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

LA adds some defensive depth with D Matt Irwin

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I'll take Rikard Gronborg yet again because he seems like a reasonable dude and the Swedes seem to think he's some kind of genius.

M.Tkachuk - Zegras - Meier
B.Tkachuk - Cozens - Kakko
Eklund - Tomasino - Jarvis
N. Robertson - Johansen - Kaliyev

Heiskanen - Severson
Skeji - Dobson
B.Clarke - Subban

M.Murray

Head Coach: Rikard Gronborg

College: Power, K.Johnson
Europe: Askarov

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I'll take Darryl Sutter for my coach because he'd definitely thrive with all this young talent

Svechnikov-Hughes-Garland
Beauvillier-Seguin-Bratt
Engvall-Wennberg-Zucker
Holtz-Blueger-Rodriguez

Rielly-Brodie
Lindgren-Parayko
Forbort-Friedman

Hart
Andersen

Head Coach: Darryl Sutter

System: Hughes
System: Quinn

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Ginette Reno posted:

System: Hughes
System: Quinn

And yet you missed out on Quinn Hughes. :sad:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Columbus is going to grab a third goalie for depth and go with a dude who hadn't played in the league in a few years but came back and beat them in his return and that sticks out for some reason so please welcome Calvin Pickard.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Not that many people are left to care, but kalensc is up, and tomorrow the final round begins.

We should probably take pity on Arabian Jesus' sad(der than it needs to be) team, with the following lineup of players who can't even play in their optimal positions because there are too many RWers and not enough everyone else:

Perron - Scheifele - Kane
Ritchie - Pavelski - Brown
- Stephenson -
Moore - Kampf -

Martinez - Murphy
Reilly - Hakanpaa
McCabe -

Nedeljkovic
Brossoit

I propose picking Mason Marchment and Josh Manson on their behalf and others can pick a player or two each.

I was also going to suggest Colton Sissons but absolutely lmao at that guy's contract

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

eXXon posted:

And yet you missed out on Quinn Hughes. :sad:

I didn't realize I was doing a Hughes gimmick team until too late

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

I think next year we should limit it to 20 roster players, if we’re doing 23 then actually allocating a couple for non nhl prospects would be better than sorting by lowest points per game to find some plug that hasn’t been picked yet..

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Columbus will be selecting a defenseman. Which one is still being determined based upon potential gimmick applications and implications for said player.

And a big thank you to whoever change my avatar as I was strongly considering that one to replace Torts. :golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Okay let's see, are any Quebecers left that defend...

Oh I need a coach too eh?

How's about...

Alex Biega
André Tourigny