Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

ObamaAkbar. posted:

It’s not really a mechanical clear as I understand it. More that RWC knew that clo was cop and, if scum, let her live an extra night in favour of killing potato

Yeah that's why I think it's not really a full clear. And that night they let her live, Clo had claimed to choose RWC so scum would have no reason to be afraid of the cop.

My townresd on RWC is pretty weak because of that, which is why I'm asking for any reason to believe they are scum over you. It's hard to imagine RWC as scum not voting you and winning off of me.

I think your play 2 days ago where you played the middle between Egalz and Mucche while swaying things pretty firmly toward Mucche the whole time looks scummy from you, so I at least have that for you.

Both of you favored voting out Cube over me, but RWC more decidedly imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Sorry, I meant toward Galz lol

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

I think Onama in uninterested in convincing my RWC is scum because he knows it's far more likely he will get RWC to vote for me

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

For the record Obama has not reached out to me in masonry

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

I don’t really see the point in talking in the masonries now, one of you is scum and I’d rather everything be in the public record

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Johnny Keats posted:

I think Onama in uninterested in convincing my RWC is scum because he knows it's far more likely he will get RWC to vote for me

I’ve done what I can with the information I currently have, like I said I need to have another hard look to really build any sort of case. The fact I believed there was a very low chance you or RWC were scum yesterday is making this very difficult

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

ObamaAkbar. posted:

I’ve done what I can with the information I currently have, like I said I need to have another hard look to really build any sort of case. The fact I believed there was a very low chance you or RWC were scum yesterday is making this very difficult

I think that yes that would make it difficult to fake a read on one of us now, but it would be less hard to change your read as town based on new info. To be fair though I could be projecting my own town ethos (which is to not be held back by previous assumptions)

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Okay so rereading RWC here are the posts that stand out to me.

Thinks Keats and cube are both scum, chooses Keats over cube.

Rhymes With Clue posted:

I have been rereading with the goal of trying to get my head back in this game despite xmas RL nonsense, and I have come to the conclusion that Keats and Cube are both scum. A very scary thought.

If it's only onen of them, though, I think it's Keats. ##vote Keats

One of my main suspicions of RWC previously was this case, scum kill josef who was gunning for me the previous day and RWC come at me with this. It’s a common scum tactic I find to use their night kills to bolster a case the following day so this pinged me.

Rhymes With Clue posted:

##vote Obama

(1) has pinged me (2) was suspected by Josef (3) who is now dead.

Suggested a noelim for some reason, we weren’t at mylo this day so don’t really make sense.

Rhymes With Clue posted:

I have been back and forth on Keats, back and forth on Cube, and back and forth on Potato.

Come to think of it, just abou everybody.

I think if we're gonna no-dunk this is the day to do it because according to my terrible calculations we have to hit scum or we're sunk. I think that was sombeody else's calculation as well.

Kinda flip flops with voting cube, I believe this was the day he was eliminated? I’m tired and don’t want to check right now.

Rhymes With Clue posted:

##unvote

Cube received town results on somebody and didn't out them. I'm thinking if he was scum he would have, or would have pretended scum stole the results.

Feel free to ignore me though, I feel like I'm wrong about everything in this game.

Rhymes With Clue posted:

If I were scum I would have done exactly the same thing but I'm not Cube.

I don't think the cop would know if they got a result on the same person both nights, but I guess that depends because there was some info out there.

Okay. I'm going back to the Cube vote because...

He was the first one to figure out that all town save one have to vote together this game on scum, and that seems like something scum would have figured out first.

Also Cube is in favor of voting someone out today, and I don't see the town benefit of that. I am not a numbers person but it doesn't seem like a no-dunk would be the worst idea. Obviously voting out scum is better.

##vote Cube

I guess that's my final answer. My dog is insisting on a walk and will barely let me type. If we no-dunk it' won't brea my heart. If Cube is town I'd like to

Tunnels Keats D4 when there are much scummier players still around. I previously read this as unlikely behaviour for scum but could be an excuse to not scum hunt.

Rhymes With Clue posted:

????

Okay, it's D4, I am going with my gut here ##vote Keats

Prefers EGalz as a lunch over ilmucche D4 at this point, does later reverse it but could be because pressure was heading more that way.

Rhymes With Clue posted:

From what I've seen from both of them I would vote EGalz over Ilmucche.

But I can't shake my suspicion off Keats. Or for that matter anyone but Clo, who from my POV has to be the cop.

I think RWC has played a pretty good game either way but from this I’d still prefer to vote there than Keats. I need to reread Keats next (god help me) to see if maybe there is something there I’m missing

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Johnny Keats posted:

I think that yes that would make it difficult to fake a read on one of us now, but it would be less hard to change your read as town based on new info. To be fair though I could be projecting my own town ethos (which is to not be held back by previous assumptions)

I personally think Hal was much more likely to be scum than either of you so like I said I’m a little baffled by the decision to kill him. I think RWC even suggested that he was suspicious yesterday. This actually makes me slightly more convinced that last scum is RWC. It wasn’t guaranteed that Hal would vote me over RWC if you had died, but you openly admitted that it must be me if EGalz was town.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Reading cube again they don’t really talk about or interact with RWC a great deal. However given most of their posts were mechanics chat or sparring with Keats I don’t know if it means much.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Ilmucche didn’t leave much in the way of informative interaction with either of you. Some light ribbing of Keats but switched after cube elim and then some light ribbing of RWC for tunnelling Keats.

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

You're right that RWC pushed cube less diligently than I thought

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Rhymes With Clue posted:

##unvote

Cube received town results on somebody and didn't out them. I'm thinking if he was scum he would have, or would have pretended scum stole the results.

Feel free to ignore me though, I feel like I'm wrong about everything in this game.

This though seems like a post scum would not make if they had decided already to bus rheir teammate. Same as my argument yesterday why Hal was town for unvoting Mucche

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

I don't know if it'll help but who were y'all's masons, upper and lower, for the whole game?

Me:
D1 Clo, upper, Josef, lower
D2 Clo, me Josef
D3 Clo, me, Obama
D4 Clo, me, Obama
D 5 EGalz, me, Obama
D6 Keats, me, Obama

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Hal was above me from the start until last night. Below me was Pmuzz then Egalz then you

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Johnny Keats posted:

Hal was above me from the start until last night. Below me was Pmuzz then Egalz then you

Just realized I was never adjacent to scum! Wild

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Until Obama. Lowkey forgot I'm in a masonry with him too

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Okay rereading Keats I couldn’t really find anything objectionable. He’s seemed extremely accurate with his reads most of the game, a very large portion of his posts are coming after cube, and this starts incredibly early in the game. My only suspicion would be that I have won a game before by immediately busing my teammates so being too accurate could be suspicious. Let’s just say if Keats is scum this game I’ll struggle to trust him for a while.

What I did see however were several clear indicators what Keats was thinking by the end of D5, and could explain why a scum RWC would kill Hal.

Keats has several posts indicating he thinks it’s unlikely Hal is scum, and telegraphs that I’m the next most suspicious person after EGalz.

Johnny Keats posted:

A little bit if out of thread context, I had poked Hal in the masonry to please hammer Cube.

Johnny Keats posted:

And he did it in like one second. That seemed very natural.

Johnny Keats posted:

Looking at this, I'm once again convinced Hal is town because if he were deciding to play a townie game where he goes for cred (supported by his semi-clutch hammer of Cube), I don't think he would have sat on a townie vote right next to his scumbud for a while. Could be wrong.

Johnny Keats posted:

It's true Hal could have responded so quick to my ping in Discord because he's scum and was lurking thread before, but I think it's also true that he could have believably ignored me and said he missed the message. There was only like 15 minutes to no-exe, and without Cube actually flipping that won't be immediately sus

Johnny Keats posted:

I will say that makes me sus that maybe Obama knows the game won't end when we kill Egalz, but then the lack of posting after that softens the same suspicion. . Anything else to talk about before we kill Egalz?

Johnny Keats posted:

I just happen to have the most social clout right (lmao, right?) so I do feel a sense of responsibility so let's not rub it in if I'm wrong!

I still think it must be Obama if it's not Galz

Johnny Keats posted:

I feel the same way about Hal. My read on his is strongly considerate of our masonry. Specifically the events close to deadline the last two days where I pinged him and he voted. Most especially the time when he hammered Cube right away after I asked him to, and then went "hmm maybe I jumped the gun on that". Like, it's far from infeasible to say that as scum, but at that point (15 minutes before deadline) if Hal had decided to hammer Cube for cred he would have probably wanted to be the hammer rather than anybody else. But instead of doing that, he would have needed to decide in advance to wait for me to *maybe* ping him in Discord before hammering.

There's also the possibility that Hal as scum just legitimately forgot about thread and my posts brought him back, AND he was so checked out or was very quick thinking enough that he said gently caress it and hammered Cube that fast anyway. But like, that would have needed to happen twice (because again for Mucche deadline), which is unlikely for scum when they have scumbuds actively being voted out in thread.

Johnny Keats posted:

It's the way he did it and the timing. And in combination with the similar events yesterday. Hal only posted after I pinged him, but it wasn't to get town cred. If Hal wanted town cred he would have voted for Mucche the same way he would have been going for cred voting Cube. He wouldn't have poisoned his own cred-grab with the unvote that immediately got criticized. And if Hal was posting in the hope of saving Mucche, would he have been so comfortable sitting back and waiting for me to *maybe* ping him in Discord before posting at all?

Keats also shows some light suspicion of RWC, so couldn’t be relied on to vote Hal over RWC in a 3 way lylo:

Johnny Keats posted:

RWC is trying right now, when I think they might have safely been able to fly under the radar as scum... outside of my belief that Cube would name three towns in that post

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

I started above Hal and below Josef, then Josef died and got RWC above me. Then Hal died and I got Keats below me

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Okay thanks for the mason stuff.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Okay reading Hal he wasn’t super clear where he would sit if the choice was between me and RWC, kinda felt we were both town but had slight suspicions on both of us. Again scum RWC would want Keats to live given he is way more likely to vote me today

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

RWC as scum would have needed to immediately give you the opportunity to post and prove your alignment to me while it was unlikely due to your discussions that you(as town) would hammer me

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

That's what convinces me, in the end. I am willing to do this and congrats to RWC if you are scum. Time to decide the game.

##Vote Obama

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

I see Obama trying more to convince Keats that I am scum, than trying to convince me that Keats is scum.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Almost like Obama knows that I am town!

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

##vote Obama

You know what? This is too much responsibility! I hope this is right.

You know how I said a couple of days ago that I would be mad if Keats turned up scum? I would now be really mad if Keats turned up scum.

If this isn't right, well I did my best.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

I know I’m town and I was pretty sure Keats was town over you, given that he’s just voted me and haven’t though I’m pretty sure I was wrong

##vote keats

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Efb lol gg

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Somebody modkill me for postng after hammer.

Obama, if it was you, you had me fooled.

Keats, if it was you, you had me fooled.

GG in any case.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: ObamaAkbar. has been hammered! Sure would be a shame if their flip were janitored, wouldn't it?

Votecount for Day 6

ObamaAkbar. (2): Johnny Keats, Rhymes With Clue
Johnny Keats (1): Rhymes With Clue, Rhymes With Clue, ObamaAkbar.

Not Voting (0):

With 3 alive, it's 2 votes to execute. The current deadline is January 07th, 2024 at 4 p.m. CST -- that's in about 23 hours, 23 minutes.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Keats, rhymes, and ObamaAkbar stared hard at each other. One of them had killed Hal, they were sure of it. rhymes called out Keats at first and drew a stiletto on him, but as the day wore on Keats talked rhymes down. ObamaAkbar spoke of not quite trusting either of them, and while he put in a good bit of effort, he eventually Got Mighty Tired and Keats used the chance to talk rhymes into stabbing ObamaAkbar instead. He grabbed OA's sleeping form just lightly enough to not disturb his sleep while still having a good base to tighten his grip if he woke up from the stabbing, and rhymes moved in for the kill. A few well placed stabs, and the man was dead. With trepidation, rhymes began to rifle through his belongings to find out if she'd bet on the right horse.

ObamaAkbar was a ???-ALIGNED ???.

Ignatius M. Meen fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Jan 7, 2024

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

When she did, she found that instead of a normal, everyday worker just like her and Keats, OA instead turned out to be the wealthiest and normally most secretive man in town, Richard Head, and when she looked further she found a key with no tags on it that fit the lock for the cabin in the woods revealed with the death of CubicalSucrose what now felt like a lifetime ago. Keats and rhymes worked together to use the systems in the cabin to contact various federal agencies, and over the next several weeks not only was the interference cleared up, a few dozen local officials in the media, police, government, and other agencies found themselves either facing corruption charges or squealing on their superiors' bad behavior under the Head family's direction, and the members of the Head family that had been living nearby quickly pulled up stakes and fled before they could be linked to the devastating scandal that was Richard Head's worldwide phone scam operations. JosefStalinator and Cloacamazing!'s names were cleared posthumously, and while it ultimately took eight innocent lives to make it happen, justice was served.

ObamaAkbar was a SCUM-ALIGNED GODFATHER.

ObamaAkbar's PM posted:

You bribed a few people in the right places, so you could ensure a little intelligence blindspot perfectly sized for what you needed. You paid a few more people a good bit of money to quietly advise you on how to set your hypothetical operation up. You hired a lot more people to quietly help you build and maintain your operation. And all it took was ONE snot-nosed brat from the town 'exploring' to jeopardize your easy means of practically printing money and your freedom. You'd tried to dissuade people from snooping around too much, and you'd managed to get most of the adults to see it your way, but that damned little poo poo didn't care and his parents never cared either.

You sigh as you reel in your anger. You knew there was no way the kid could contain the secret and hell, this or some other sort of disagreement would probably have happened sooner or later anyway. You're just going to have to more aggressively convince the town it's for their own good that you lead it and that you know what's best for it, that's all.

You are Richard Head, SCUM-ALIGNED GODFATHER. Any investigation results about you will come back as Town-aligned. You win when you are in control of the vote or nothing can prevent you from obtaining it.

Fakeclaim, should you wish to use one:

You are Dick Clarkson, a local clerk for the police. You're not sure what's happening around here, but you know enough to know the police don't have literally nothing to go on like they're claiming. You've also seen a few oddities in the accounting books from time to time that suggest somebody's mishandling funds here and there. This place has been rotten long enough that you're gonna start talking to a few people and see what you can dig up on your own, even if you can't use any special police equipment or resources to pursue it.

You are Dick Clarkson, TOWN-ALIGNED VANILLA. You have no powers besides your vote. You win when all threats to town are removed from the game.

Keats and rhymes are, of course, both TOWN-ALIGNED VANILLAS.

Keats' PM posted:

They murdered your boy. Little Johnny, dead, for the 'crime' of being a kid who still finds nature amazing enough to wander around in, and the cops are claiming they don't have any leads. BULLSHIT. They've been paid not to have any leads, you're sure of that. You know a couple people worth talking to and you're confident you can get to the bottom of this somehow. Some people have claimed your newfound habit of waving your gun in people's faces is offputting, but they don't know anything about JUSTICE or NEGOTIATION when it comes to suspicious characters.

You are Jack Harper, TOWN-ALIGNED VANILLA. You have no powers besides your vote. You win when all threats to town are removed from the game.

rhymes' PM posted:

It had been such a good day. You had just about finished off the last of the heroes occupying your lands and were taking a bit of rest to enjoy yourself before your prophesied reign of a thousand years would begin. You have absolutely no idea what on earth has caused you to wake up in a place so far and away removed from magic and with such strange thoughts and memories, but it's absolutely demolished the good mood you remember falling asleep in and replaced it with anger like you've never felt in centuries. There are... things called planes??? that fly like birds? and you somehow know all their names because your parents loved them so much they named you after a 'company' that made them?????? Some extraordinarily devilish mental alteration has been used to try and pacify you, clearly. But it doesn't end there, you can't cast anything at all either. You must be on some strange level of the hells that is specially designed to snare and hold wizards and sorcerers such as yourself for eternity. You will have some absolutely choice curses ready for the Lords of Hell when you get out of here, but how proves to be a desperate conundrum right up until you hear about the blood sacrifice of the child in the forest. You get around the police cordons and can feel the weak spot in the planes! You have pretended to be an ordinary mortal long enough to make a couple 'friends', it's time to use your connections to try and find out more so you can at last get home or at least give the Lords of Hell the thrashing they deserve.

You are McDougan Frazzaster, SELF-ALIGNED DARK WIZARD. You are McDonnell Laughlin, TOWN-ALIGNED VANILLA. You have no powers besides your vote. You win when all threats to town are removed from the game.

Keats did try to meet up with rhymes about a month later, but for some reason he couldn't find her, and the people who she'd told him were her parents claimed they'd never had any children. Weird!

TOWN WINS! Great job y'all, especially to OA for giving it a drat good run as godfather in spite of the loss.

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Incredible performance OA, I still can't believe you didn't check thread in that critical hour. It was not that long after you told me you were going to sleep, and we all know how accurate that usually is when it comes to checking threads! That one thing made the difference! I mean there were loads of other things too earlier in the game, this had a lot of moving around

EGalz18
Aug 5, 2023

I LOVE WORDS. THAT'S ALL.
Impressive players, impressive flavor, good game all the way around! Thanks, Iggy!!

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

EGalz18 posted:

Impressive players, impressive flavor, good game all the way around! Thanks, Iggy!!

You're quite welcome!

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Thanks for running iggy, I really had fun this game! I should have delayed the day opening really but I wanted to rush town into making a mistake (which worked but I wasn’t awake to exploit it!). Despite us losing in the end I think this was my best scum game yet

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Yay town! We won!

Good game, scum! I enjoyed being almost part of scumchat, what with having two scum masonpartners!

No hard feelings, Cube, you did a very convincing town impression in our masonry. Also I will never trust you in a masonry again. Until the next time we end up masoned, that is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
GG !