Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

HOLY poo poo

"THEY MAKE THE MIRACLE HAPPEN IN BUSAN" :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Holy moly

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
What a steal

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

:stare:

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Gen G is now afraid

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
what a loving blood bath

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

loving GET IN

/holy poo poo the nexus turrets

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

If they steal this, I loving swear

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Oh this is getting sloppy

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Lmao throwing the whole game for a wood league adventure level desperation for an open nexus.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

what a steal holy poo poo

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

holy gently caress this ending is going to be insane

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

njsykora posted:

Lmao throwing the whole game for a wood league adventure level desperation for an open nexus.

If only they drafted garen

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
what a conclusion LMAO

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

lol you can’t out push a defender with an elder buff idiots.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
This is the best series I have seen in ages

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Really loving fun series

Fair play to BLG

Mad-happy for Chovy

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

well played by geng. what a hold.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
BLG focused too much on trying solo queue back doors they lost tempo leading to dragon soul

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

henkman posted:

BLG focused too much on trying solo queue back doors they lost tempo leading to dragon soul

Draft midlane tristana draft midlane tristana strats

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Lehends got MVP!

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
What a series! MSI all around was fantastic

BLG just throwing in g4 trying to back door the nexus.
Bin's first attempt at it, dragon just spawned. He easily could have got soul for them.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I don't think I'm going to see a more "I have forgotten how to play League of Legends" moment than a professional player trying to rush the nexus past an Elder Drake equipped Rumble.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

truly insane series and probably the best MSI of all time. it's bittersweet to finally have two of the old GRF members with an international title, but especially well deserved for chovy: he put in the hours and evolved his playstyle from The CS Guy into what i think is inarguably the best midlaner in the world right now

someone in the comments pointed it out on bin/knight's 13k deficit engage but if you slow the footage down, you can see that knight and bin both flash on literally exactly the same frame. just an unreal level of coordination

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Vermain posted:

truly insane series and probably the best MSI of all time. it's bittersweet to finally have two of the old GRF members with an international title, but especially well deserved for chovy: he put in the hours and evolved his playstyle from The CS Guy into what i think is inarguably the best midlaner in the world right now

someone in the comments pointed it out on bin/knight's 13k deficit engage but if you slow the footage down, you can see that knight and bin both flash on literally exactly the same frame. just an unreal level of coordination

The first GRF to win an international was Viper. He won worlds. Also may also be the best adc in the world. The funniest thing about GRF was at the tine at 4 out if 5 positions they had possibly the best players in the world at that position and then Tarzan fell off while Chovy and Lehends just got better.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

There are apparently sports-Emmy Awards and riot won one for the 2023 Worlds coverage

https://www.gamespress.com/en-US/Wo...%20York%20City.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Barudak posted:

Sometimes you just need a fight to break your way and a lot of people are forced to listen to some terrible broadcaster banter.

all the current casters try and channel guys like tastosis and bardolph/ddk except all they can do for banter is repeat reddit comments while they miss whats going on on screen. its made lck unwatchable lol

good msi tho, always good to see the grf boys doing well. and always enjoyable to see t1 at their first international after winning an international being flamed for looking awful and easily taking third place over teams who are seirously playing well this year i swear

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Lid posted:

The first GRF to win an international was Viper. He won worlds. Also may also be the best adc in the world. The funniest thing about GRF was at the tine at 4 out if 5 positions they had possibly the best players in the world at that position and then Tarzan fell off while Chovy and Lehends just got better.

you are indeed correct and it completely slipped my mind

Stux posted:

all the current casters try and channel guys like tastosis and bardolph/ddk except all they can do for banter is repeat reddit comments while they miss whats going on on screen. its made lck unwatchable lol

it makes you yearn for the days of papasmithy where the guy had an encyclopedic knowledge of every LCK team and player and could add context between plays instead of solely talking about memes or blowing smoke out his nose over the slow pace of the game or whatever

i do think all the current english language casters are broadly fine - even medic's managed to tone down the cringe and conducts himself much better on the cast as a whole - but it's a bit sad that there's no one i'm ever truly looking forwards to on cast beyond captainflowers

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
yeah, it has really gone downhill since Rivington Bisland III left the LCS cast :v:

(i unironically liked him and Phreak as a duo. but I'm a sick gently caress, so)

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

The LEC broadcast would be massively improved if I never had to hear Vedius' dumb forced laugh ever again.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Vermain posted:

you are indeed correct and it completely slipped my mind

it makes you yearn for the days of papasmithy where the guy had an encyclopedic knowledge of every LCK team and player and could add context between plays instead of solely talking about memes or blowing smoke out his nose over the slow pace of the game or whatever

i do think all the current english language casters are broadly fine - even medic's managed to tone down the cringe and conducts himself much better on the cast as a whole - but it's a bit sad that there's no one i'm ever truly looking forwards to on cast beyond captainflowers

yeah papasmithy filling the slower games with that kind of stuff was so good, always helped frame the current game/match up and make it seem bigger than it was lol. and that was when lck games were even slower than they are now!! the complaining about the pace of the game is actually worse than the memes for me i think. also if i ever hear someone say "lull state" again im going to explode.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

njsykora posted:

The LEC broadcast would be massively improved if I never had to hear Vedius' dumb forced laugh ever again.

Yeah I can only watch co-streams because I cannot stand Vedius lol

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

professional league is starting up again: LPL's had a week already, but LEC's starting up this saturday, LCK's starting up on wednesday, and LCS's starting up on the 15th. you can get the full schedule here

of particular note this split is that the LCS has undergone a pretty significant change with a move to Bo3 for this entire split. this is an explicit trial balloon to gather data on how much watch numbers will be impacted and if teams believe it to be helpful or not, and the reduced number of teams means that all the games will be happening in a single stream unlike the last Bo3 experiment. the LCSCL is also moving to pure fearless draft (once a champion gets played by anyone, it's out for the rest of the series), and they're doing a sort of partnership program where individuals can help sponsor teams, with the first inductee being loving brandon sanderson of all people. some really interesting changes overall, and i'll enjoy seeing how Bo3 ends up going this time around

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Vermain posted:

professional league is starting up again: LPL's had a week already, but LEC's starting up this saturday, LCK's starting up on wednesday, and LCS's starting up on the 15th. you can get the full schedule here

of particular note this split is that the LCS has undergone a pretty significant change with a move to Bo3 for this entire split. this is an explicit trial balloon to gather data on how much watch numbers will be impacted and if teams believe it to be helpful or not, and the reduced number of teams means that all the games will be happening in a single stream unlike the last Bo3 experiment. the LCSCL is also moving to pure fearless draft (once a champion gets played by anyone, it's out for the rest of the series), and they're doing a sort of partnership program where individuals can help sponsor teams, with the first inductee being loving brandon sanderson of all people. some really interesting changes overall, and i'll enjoy seeing how Bo3 ends up going this time around
The game 4/5 ban changes for NACL should be interesting since that means you can't keep an OP pick from being available over a 5 game series

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

The fearless draft Aspect is really drat intriguing, especially since it creates an entirely separate "meta" for Pro series, and i'm pretty excited about it

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Fearless has been very cool so far for LPL, I really feel/hope most regions will figure out how to implement some form of this next year.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

an international tournament with fearless would be great.

ive also seen a couple small league tournaments run a format where each team drafts 6 champs and the opposing team gets to ban one of them post-draft but that mostly just leads to being forced to draft two adcs because theres very few flex ADCs unlike the other roles

anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

We've come up in the ram-raiding business, Owl.
It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.

Firebert posted:

Fearless has been very cool so far for LPL, I really feel/hope most regions will figure out how to implement some form of this next year.

According to gol.gg, there have been 76 different champions picked so far in LPL which is pretty impressive for a single patch. I don't expect that number to go too much higher as there are meta shifts but the fearless does at least seem to force teams to really think about why they are picking a champion since they only get one chance with it. We have also managed to see slightly less Ksante which is always appreciated.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I'm cautiously optimistic about DiG's roster this split! Licorice, Spica, Jensen, Zven, and Isles.

I'm super happy to see Licorice and Zven back, especially Zven in his return to ADC. He's such a good personality too. Spica isn't my favorite jungler but when he's on he's good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Upset playing really well and MDK absolutely loving this up lol