Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local/crime/article/2-dead-after-BCSO-deputy-involved-shooting-manhunt-12448095.php

Cops kill a 6 year old boy while shooting at an unrelated unarmed woman. No word as to whether or not they found a gun on the boy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Watch this video to cheer yourself up frankenstyle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_EYLtlMM20

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

gently caress judges too for their editorializing during sentences like that.

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice

The gently caress is wrong with your cops?

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
Click to understand my bad faith posting.
Get some friends who will hunt down and garotte cops who murder you in a muddy ditch out of jealousy.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
americans have my condolences for their hosed up cop culture

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Frankenstyle posted:

More often the good ones quit out of shame. An ex of mine was a cop in Richmond Va, and every one of the people she worked with that could be described as decent human beings, her included, ended up quitting either because they were bullied out when they didn't want to participate in shady poo poo or because they were ashamed to be associated with the kind of people that Richmond city liked to hire on. It pisses me off every time I hear "Oh there's a few bad apples, but most cops are noble heroes". No buddy, if it was a few "bad apples" they would be the ones getting weeded out by the good ones, instead of the other way around.

Richmond is a big college town and it may be different now, but a few years back it was common for apartment complexes that attracted students to keep an open apartment for cops to use rent free. The reasoning was that things would stay under control if a cop was around. So some cops would have one or even several apartments to either live in, or keep as a man cave away from home to hang out and play poker in with their cop buddies and get away from their wives. Of course some also would use them a free housing for the girlfriends they were also keeping from their wives. One guy in particular had access to seven or eight of the gifted apartments. In one he was keeping his sixteen year old niece that he was loving, and in the other apartments he'd rotate through teen runaways as young as twelve that he'd pick up patrolling. It was an open secret in that department for years (and presumably he was hooking up his cop buddies from time to time) until a police department in a neighboring county got sick of hearing complaints and ended up busting him too badly for his own department to keep covering for him. He ended up doing time, but it was also pretty conspicuous how little coverage it got in the local papers.

Then there was the cop that killed my friend Tom. Tom had started dating that cops ex-wife, and the officer had developed a history of parking in front of his and her houses, following them around, and generally harassing them from a distance. One evening Tom was on his way home from his fathers funeral. He was one of the last to the wake and fourteen of his family members were waiting on or around his front porch. That same cop had fallen in and followed him into his own driveway, and then hit the lights. Tom stopped maybe fifteen yards from the house. The cop approached with gun drawn, ordered him out of the car and cuffed his hands behind his back. Tom kept asking why he was doing this and the cop was just barking orders and not responding to Tom questions, or the fourteen goddamn family members who were asking what was going on as well. The cop walked Tom to a muddy culvert maybe thirty feet from the car, and ordered him to get on his knees. Tom said "I'll get on my knees by the car, but I'm not kneeling in mud in my suit at my dads funeral because you don't like me dating your ex". Then in front of his family the officer shot Tom once in the back, and then six more times in the back after he hit the ground. When the EMT's and tons of other cops had arrived, four or five of the witnesses (At that point including a couple of neighbors that were barely casual acquaintances) later testified that a superior told the shooter to "Go home, take a shower, and make sure you wash that uniform". After a six week paid leave he was back on duty, the internal investigation eventually cleared him, and the good old boy net work eventually blew off the civil suit. It wouldn't sell as a goddamn movie script because it's so absurd.

Goddamn. I didn't mean to go on like that, but it's something I don't much talk about, and I get kinda caught up in the moment up when I do. And hell, that's not even scratching the surface of all the other bullshit garbage my ex used to cry on my shoulder about. I mean yeah, anecdotal evidence blah-blah-blah, but maintaining a healthy fear and hatred of cops is just a basic survival skill. I can't even imagine having to deal with those fuckers if I wasn't white.

Just a suggestion but I think you should hunt down and murder that cop

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Or really just kill the first cop you see
Make the world a better place

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Mate, it seems like if a dude murders your best friend like that it's your duty to find him and mess him up good

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

SealHammer posted:

Get some friends who will hunt down and garotte cops who murder you in a muddy ditch out of jealousy.

They are literally a State-sanctioned street game.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
You could at least post the cop/judges name so we could see who they were. :ironicat:

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Frankenstyle posted:

More often the good ones quit out of shame. An ex of mine was a cop in Richmond Va, and every one of the people she worked with that could be described as decent human beings, her included, ended up quitting either because they were bullied out when they didn't want to participate in shady poo poo or because they were ashamed to be associated with the kind of people that Richmond city liked to hire on. It pisses me off every time I hear "Oh there's a few bad apples, but most cops are noble heroes". No buddy, if it was a few "bad apples" they would be the ones getting weeded out by the good ones, instead of the other way around.

Richmond is a big college town and it may be different now, but a few years back it was common for apartment complexes that attracted students to keep an open apartment for cops to use rent free. The reasoning was that things would stay under control if a cop was around. So some cops would have one or even several apartments to either live in, or keep as a man cave away from home to hang out and play poker in with their cop buddies and get away from their wives. Of course some also would use them a free housing for the girlfriends they were also keeping from their wives. One guy in particular had access to seven or eight of the gifted apartments. In one he was keeping his sixteen year old niece that he was loving, and in the other apartments he'd rotate through teen runaways as young as twelve that he'd pick up patrolling. It was an open secret in that department for years (and presumably he was hooking up his cop buddies from time to time) until a police department in a neighboring county got sick of hearing complaints and ended up busting him too badly for his own department to keep covering for him. He ended up doing time, but it was also pretty conspicuous how little coverage it got in the local papers.

Then there was the cop that killed my friend Tom. Tom had started dating that cops ex-wife, and the officer had developed a history of parking in front of his and her houses, following them around, and generally harassing them from a distance. One evening Tom was on his way home from his fathers funeral. He was one of the last to the wake and fourteen of his family members were waiting on or around his front porch. That same cop had fallen in and followed him into his own driveway, and then hit the lights. Tom stopped maybe fifteen yards from the house. The cop approached with gun drawn, ordered him out of the car and cuffed his hands behind his back. Tom kept asking why he was doing this and the cop was just barking orders and not responding to Tom questions, or the fourteen goddamn family members who were asking what was going on as well. The cop walked Tom to a muddy culvert maybe thirty feet from the car, and ordered him to get on his knees. Tom said "I'll get on my knees by the car, but I'm not kneeling in mud in my suit at my dads funeral because you don't like me dating your ex". Then in front of his family the officer shot Tom once in the back, and then six more times in the back after he hit the ground. When the EMT's and tons of other cops had arrived, four or five of the witnesses (At that point including a couple of neighbors that were barely casual acquaintances) later testified that a superior told the shooter to "Go home, take a shower, and make sure you wash that uniform". After a six week paid leave he was back on duty, the internal investigation eventually cleared him, and the good old boy net work eventually blew off the civil suit. It wouldn't sell as a goddamn movie script because it's so absurd.

Goddamn. I didn't mean to go on like that, but it's something I don't much talk about, and I get kinda caught up in the moment up when I do. And hell, that's not even scratching the surface of all the other bullshit garbage my ex used to cry on my shoulder about. I mean yeah, anecdotal evidence blah-blah-blah, but maintaining a healthy fear and hatred of cops is just a basic survival skill. I can't even imagine having to deal with those fuckers if I wasn't white.

Bump for what the gently caress

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Acab

polio king
Jun 19, 2004

paul_soccer10 posted:

Just a suggestion but I think you should hunt down and murder that cop

at least date his ex-wife

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
disappointed the thread wasnt bumped because someone killed the cop in the op, or really any cop

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

paul_soccer10 posted:

disappointed the thread wasnt bumped because someone killed the cop in the op, or really any cop

Do cops have copy-cat killers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

paul_soccer10 posted:

This pretty much never happens. Hell, anyone coulda offed OJ, but nobody really cared enough. We can't all be Donner, or that guy who got blown up with a robot and explosives.

• Locked thread