Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Y'know, DRAE is a pretty bad game, and it's really not conductive to an LP without some major editing. I dunno why no one considered that it just might not be that good to watch.

EDIT: Oh right and if you don't break the machete before deciding to amputate than he chops through the fingers in a single clean cut rather than having it get stuck on the first swing.

HGH fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Sep 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah if you just keep trying to pry open the trap he eventually opens it. I know this because I am a huge baby about gory poo poo and would rather keep vainly trying to pry the drat thing open rather than lose fingers.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I don't know if this would be spoiler since you guys are past it, but want to replay it in the future

Jessica CAN die if you go super safe, Pat was right

And I'm glad. That not mattering is the epitome of David Cage.

I'm also glad the game is so incredibly...branching for one of those interactive movie types, because Matt went on a side-path that the giantbomb crew went a different way during that Mike run.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Yinlock posted:

Oh drat it why did FF chat have to end before my raging nostalgia boner could broadcast how much I love FFIV and the objectively terrible After Years.

If it's any consolation, I congratulate you for having good taste.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

Yes. Don't touch it at all, since it doesn't give you anything.

Now, when you say that do you mean don't investigate the trap at all or Don't press any buttons when you're looking at the hand shaking side to side like how you don't punch the dog?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Don't investigate it at all. It's literally a trap.

Chrispurple
Dec 29, 2012

Oh man, this is gonna be great.

Captain Invictus posted:

I adore how telling that is about people's thought processes while playing video games. In nearly every other situation the first reaction to seeing a bear trap would be, "Stay the gently caress away from that thing!" With a video game it's, "I wonder what I'll get if I stick my hand in it?"

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
countless ages of adventure games has told us that if you can find some way to disarm a bear trap you can get the glorious treasure hidden underneath the bear trap.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
If you guys thought that the downvoting situation was bad, you REALLY ought to see what happened with tonights video since it's starfox adventures.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Matt, seeing what happened to the Mad Max video has caused me to wonder, what do you guys use to edit your videos? Who does the primary editing? I really like finding out the work process of people whose videos I watch.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Chrispurple posted:

I adore how telling that is about people's thought processes while playing video games. In nearly every other situation the first reaction to seeing a bear trap would be, "Stay the gently caress away from that thing!" With a video game it's, "I wonder what I'll get if I stick my hand in it?"

Iirc the bear trap is hidden inside the box, with just the waving arm visible.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Also the arm had a tag that looked like a key card he needed.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Captain Invictus posted:

Yea that's one of the reasons I love the game. The literal only reason you get your hand bit is because you decided to investigate something for no reason other than it being a shiny thing.

Don't touch shiny things in psycho killer lairs, guys.

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...
If you rewatch the totem it shows the hand being pulled away before the bear trap gets you. So if you found that it's pretty easy to decide not to interact with any corpse hands at all in fear of losing fingers.
Though I don't think it really matters at all in the story if you do.

Buckets fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Sep 14, 2015

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.

CJacobs posted:

Matt, seeing what happened to the Mad Max video has caused me to wonder, what do you guys use to edit your videos? Who does the primary editing? I really like finding out the work process of people whose videos I watch.

No one does the primary editing, and we all use different programs. The general rule, is that whoever is IN the video, is usually the one editing it. I'm doing Until Dawn, Liam's doing Dangan Rompa and Star Fox, and Pat's doing Metal Gear. I guess the only long-standing constant, is that I've edited every season of every Machinima episode we've ever done.

As for Mad Max, recording that has been nothing short of a nightmare. We did a full recording of the game, TWICE, and the 2nd time, 30 mins of the audio is missing, which is why there is more cuts than usual. Plus something happened during the rendering where it spit out a very choppy final product, but by the time it got uploaded, and I noticed, it's not like I was gonna take it down and re-record the whole thing a third time.

Game's fun though.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

TheRealestMatt posted:

No one does the primary editing, and we all use different programs. The general rule, is that whoever is IN the video, is usually the one editing it. I'm doing Until Dawn, Liam's doing Dangan Rompa and Star Fox, and Pat's doing Metal Gear. I guess the only long-standing constant, is that I've edited every season of every Machinima episode we've ever done.

As for Mad Max, recording that has been nothing short of a nightmare. We did a full recording of the game, TWICE, and the 2nd time, 30 mins of the audio is missing, which is why there is more cuts than usual. Plus something happened during the rendering where it spit out a very choppy final product, but by the time it got uploaded, and I noticed, it's not like I was gonna take it down and re-record the whole thing a third time.

Game's fun though.

Yeah it didn't ruin the video or anything it was just a little distracting. Discovering THE BIG NOTHING was pretty great.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
That is a pretty good way to do it, spreading the workload around. I have always wondered how Barry of Game Grumps was able to edit/render such a huge volume of stuff all by himself for so long before they brought on a second dude. Although I assume there's not all that much straight-up editing involved with you guys unless poo poo goes crazy wrong as was the case in The Evil Within and similar.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

TheRealestMatt posted:

Game's fun though.

Huh, kinda impressive that you guys can put out consistent quality stuff with everyone kinda doing their own thing when it comes to the behind the scenes stuff, but I guess that's a side effect of everyone knowing their poo poo and all, I always figured there was one of you (for some reason I imagined Woolie) as the main editor dude that everything goes to.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
I'm really looking forward to seeing how Pat and Matt take the later stuff in Until Dawn, when choices start actually mattering.

I just platinumed it over the weekend, what a great game.

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm also looking forward to how Pat and Liam react to some of the crazier poo poo in The Phantom Pain. I'm about 33 missions in and that poo poo goes places.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Choices started nattering already. If mike went safe during the mountain chase, Jessica would've died.

edit: Nintendo announced their new president, Tatsumi Kimishima. Resume includes Director of Pokemon company and CEO of Nintendo of America.

Tae fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Sep 14, 2015

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Tae posted:

Choices started nattering already. If mike went safe during the mountain chase, Jessica would've died.

that's one choice in the first half, the second half is much heavier with that content, and that is what i meant.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Oh hello there, Hot Pepper Gaming Until Dawn review featuring our very own MATTHEW MCMUSCLES

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BSi5Xaoqng&hd=1

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Captain Invictus posted:

Oh hello there, Hot Pepper Gaming Until Dawn review featuring our very own MATTHEW MCMUSCLES

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BSi5Xaoqng&hd=1

Now that's a spicy butthole.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Matt looks so sexy in that video :3

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Matt confirmed for possible Android.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That pepper's not the same kind that Woolie had, right?

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

Baal posted:

That pepper's not the same kind that Woolie had, right?

It's weaker because Matt's a coward, through and through. But to be fair, Woolie's pepper was something that only crazy people willingly eat.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Silentman0 posted:

It's weaker because Matt's a coward, through and through. But to be fair, Woolie's pepper was something that only crazy people willingly eat.

It's a habanero, I wouldn't call anyone who eats one whole a coward. They're pretty legit, even if they're not literally the hottest thing ever.

I really want that cookie cat shirt. Can Matt or another goon point me towards where I can get one?

maybeflan
May 15, 2014

hoobajoo posted:

It's a habanero, I wouldn't call anyone who eats one whole a coward. They're pretty legit, even if they're not literally the hottest thing ever.

I really want that cookie cat shirt. Can Matt or another goon point me towards where I can get one?

From the subreddit: http://www.redbubble.com/people/leekfish/works/12291719-cookie-cat?grid_pos=1&p=t-shirt

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Even Liam is losing his temper at the poo poo dialogue, this is great.
Oh man this is a downward spiral of poo poo kids.
EDIT: Haha the railroading is so bad they're skipping scenes now, we're going full Astro Boy here.

HGH fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Sep 14, 2015

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

HGH posted:

EDIT: Haha the railroading is so bad they're skipping scenes now, we're going full Astro Boy here.

woolie and liam's gem fusion is darksydephil

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

HGH posted:

i'm not entirely surprised its happening, its a vita dang gone ron paul game. i tuned out on astro boy, but this one is a hilarious combination of even they're tired of it that keeps me going. it helps that there are no repeated attempts at boss fights lol

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
drat Matt you pretty much S-ranked that pepper boss. Kept that combo goin' pretty good.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

hoobajoo posted:

I got some salsa a while ago that was hotter than I expected it to be, it made me cry a little bit. Anything spicier than chipotle makes my tongue hurt.

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Maybe Danganronpa: Ultra Despair Girls just ins't a very good game in general? I mean it just looks like some generic vita brawler like that Neptunia game that they played earlier on the channel.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I wanna see if Liam and Woolie will hate Danganronpa by the end of this so it's interesting for that reason.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
"don't tell me what to do"

"No cut for you"

that was a really good HPG video, some of them are pretty terrible but that was great

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

cmykjester posted:

Maybe Danganronpa: Ultra Despair Girls just ins't a very good game in general? I mean it just looks like some generic vita brawler like that Neptunia game that they played earlier on the channel.

yes you cracked it

there's not enough good or interesting story to justify the bad gameplay

there's no big reveals about the characters or the nature of the series it's just "hey fight these evil kids"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Look forward to Pat's HPG video where he reviews Persona 5 without melting into the floor.