Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

Khanstant posted:

They're going to give him a robo hand that looks exactly like a human hand, so they don't have to gently caress with a hand prop every shot.

Coulson just takes out his phone with a little more difficulty and goes "Tony, I need a hand. No, an actual hand. Tomorrow is fine, thanks"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Wouldn't be the first time Tony Stark gave someone an awesome robot arm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEx5lmbCKtY

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Finished watching the two episodes a couple of hours ago and I still cannot believe what an incredible finale that was.

I'm glad Bobbi survived, although it wasn't clear what she meant when she said "I can't keep doing this." Hopefully she stays on the show.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Fun Fact, Ultimate Nick Fury (who the Nick Fury in the MCU is based on) has a robotic left arm after he lost his in a big old comic fight. Those Shield directors always be losing hands, I guess.

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011

Heathen posted:

I work nights so I don't get to watch TV until the following morning. When I saw 800+ posts I got nervous. Either it was very good, somebody important died or Twitter got outraged again. Thankfully it was the first one. Holy balls that was good.

NERD ALERT

If Jiaying isn't a Wolverine healer but a Vampire healer how did she survive when Cal stitched her together? If she feels pain surely wouldn't being vivisected kill her? How did breaking her neck kill her? Breaking your neck leaves you paralyzed, which stops your lungs from working, your heart stops working and you die. But she survived without organs?

/NERD ALERT

Also I liked the callback to the village. Initially we were told Skye's parents were monsters that destroyed the village. Then we found out Hydra did it. Turns out both of Skye's parents were monsters after all.

And I think the alien goo will keep Gemma and send out a fake Not-Gemma to interact with the team. Fitz will have sexy fun times all season until they learn the truth. He feels sad and betrayed when Not-Gemma leaves and real Gemma is distraught at losing a year of her life and will have no interest in sexy fun times with Fitz. A little bit of sweet and a whole lot of sour. The Whedon recipe for life.

Probably something like killing people on her body to force her to absorb their life force or something. Like i'm guessing you could resurrect her again, so they should cremate her and launch her into the sun or something.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

The shot of Coulson losing his hand was my favorite scene in the finale. It nicely bookends the season with Izzy losing hers in the first epiosde for much the same reason. And the Ward fight felt really similar to the one he had with May during the first season's finale. It's funny how many times he insisted he wasn't Hydra only to want to take command of the organization in the end, there. With 33 gone (her execution was surprisingly fast and brutal!) and him seemingly over Skye, I wonder if he'll get a motivation other than just hating SHIELD next season.

Oh, and I really disliked how Simmons and Fitz were flirting again in the end. Like, I half expected him to tell her off or something for how terrible Gemma has been to Leo this season. But no, we get a scene of him bumbling asking her for a date. Duuuuuumb! I'm glad she got Kree stoned if only because it put a stop to that. If seaosn three has him pining over her again I will be very dissapointed in Fitz. There are other, better fish in the sea! Also you might become an Inhuman?

I kind of wish we saw some SHIELD agent get turned by the crystals. I wonder how the plan would've worked out if Gonzales had been an Inhuman. But like Agent Beard or one of the other SHIELD Agents in that room could've gone through the change if only to show what their plan was in that situation.

Still, fantastic finale.

Kheldarn posted:

No, he grabbed it when he opened the case. They chase him off, and then Mack closes and lockes the case again. That's right before Gordon bites it.

Oh, I thought he'd grabbed it from the case on the Quinjet, which is why when the plane when into the oceam the case was open to leak all over the place.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Khanstant posted:

They're going to give him a robo hand that looks exactly like a human hand, so they don't have to gently caress with a hand prop every shot.

That's why I said he'd be wearing the one-handed glove, Luke Skywalker/Michael Jackson style. Then it can come off when they wanna use it.

tastychicken
Jul 17, 2007
Title text goes here

Potsticker posted:

I kind of wish we saw some SHIELD agent get turned by the crystals. I wonder how the plan would've worked out if Gonzales had been an Inhuman. But like Agent Beard or one of the other SHIELD Agents in that room could've gone through the change if only to show what their plan was in that situation.

Isn't it still possible that Agent Beard could make it through? Last we saw of him and the other agents, they were cocooned - not broken into dust like Trip was.

Not that it matters. The terrigen krill oil is everywhere now, so some SHIELD agent has to get it. Sooner or later!

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

tastychicken posted:

Isn't it still possible that Agent Beard could make it through? Last we saw of him and the other agents, they were cocooned - not broken into dust like Trip was.

Not that it matters. The terrigen krill oil is everywhere now, so some SHIELD agent has to get it. Sooner or later!

You may be right, I actually have a hard time telling the two effects apart. Like even with Gonzales it was only when she broke his hand off that I was like "oh, he ded."

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

It doesn't take long for the cocoon to come off an inhuman after the mist, though, someone would've noticed.

tastychicken
Jul 17, 2007
Title text goes here

MikeJF posted:

It doesn't take long for the cocoon to come off an inhuman after the mist, though, someone would've noticed.

You're probably right. Coulson has had the time to get his stump looked after, and more. If Agent Beard had gone inhuman on the carrier, someone would've probably reported it by the time of the closing scenes.

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011
I'm pretty sure that humans don't get cocooned, they just turn to the crumbly stone and the process itself looks a bit different. The crumbly stone has cracks in it immediately, for one, and everyone there had that cracked stone look.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

The cocoon effect seems pretty different to me, both visually and the obligatory 5 seconds of slow mo.. It would have been interesting if Agent Beard was an inhuman so he could finally matter, but I guess not. Did he even have a name? I also loved how he got turned to ash but even Kree tech could not effect that magnificent facial hair.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
You know, I just noticed that Cal's "It's going to be a magical place!" about the Vet clinic.

Such a great little line to slip in after he'd been TAIHITI'ed.

Wolpertinger posted:

I'm pretty sure that humans don't get cocooned, they just turn to the crumbly stone and the process itself looks a bit different. The crumbly stone has cracks in it immediately, for one, and everyone there had that cracked stone look.

Given how Trip fell apart I am 99.99% sure you're dead on.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Blazing Ownager posted:

You know, I just noticed that Cal's "It's going to be a magical place!" about the Vet clinic.

Such a great little line to slip in after he'd been TAIHITI'ed.

I was legitimately surprised that they didn't have him name his clinic TAHITI Animal Care or something just to drive it into people's heads that that's what happened to him. Took some restraint for how obvious TV writers usually have to make every little thing.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
I don't suppose there's been any word of when this season will come to Netflix?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

VDay posted:

I was legitimately surprised that they didn't have him name his clinic TAHITI Animal Care or something just to drive it into people's heads that that's what happened to him. Took some restraint for how obvious TV writers usually have to make every little thing.

I think having Coulson and Skye exchange dialog about how Cal had been TAHITI'd was obvious enough.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.
I loved the finale and it was great going through the thread afterwards and seeing peoples' reactions to the awesome stuff that happened. I couldn't believe it when I realised that it had only been 20 minutes since I last checked the time, it was so densely packed in the best way.

The only thing I did groan at was when Skye said to May that she won't hesitate and then just chats away to Jiaying who gets closer and closer to attack her life points directly. The scene with her, Jiaying and Cal was awesome though so who cares, and hey, it's her Mum so maybe she couldn't just shoot/Quake her.

I'm also working on the assumption that Fitz didn't actually affect anything containing the Kree Stock Cube of Doom, and rather that the mysterious alien artifact has always been able to leave the pathetic human Plexiglas and metal containment cube and specifically wanted Simmons. It just has an excellent sense of dramatic timing.

Can't wait to see where they take Season 3. :allears:

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011
Man, the wait for next season is gunna be torture, we're going to have most of the rest of the year without any MCU television, the horror. At least Jessica Jones is coming out later this year, too. I wonder when they'll announce that mystery show (the one that wasn't related to Bobbi/canceled)

Metalshark posted:

The only thing I did groan at was when Skye said to May that she won't hesitate and then just chats away to Jiaying who gets closer and closer to attack her life points directly. The scene with her, Jiaying and Cal was awesome though so who cares, and hey, it's her Mum so maybe she couldn't just shoot/Quake her.

Skye didn't know about vampire powers I think, so I'm guessing she thought she had a massive upper hand here and was trying to talk her down first, considering she had the power to create explosive shockwaves and was assuming her mom only had the power to just 'live a long time and heal fast'.

Wolpertinger fucked around with this message at 11:04 on May 14, 2015

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah... "I won't hesitate" doesn't mean "I'm gonna come around the corner and blast the gently caress out of her without giving her a chance to stand down"

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Wolpertinger posted:

Man, the wait for next season is gunna be torture, we're going to have most of the rest of the year without any MCU television, the horror. At least Jessica Jones is coming out later this year, too. I wonder when they'll announce that mystery show (the one that wasn't related to Bobbi/canceled)

The John Ridley one? Hopefully soon, but I doubt it'll be for a while yet.

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011

Dan Didio posted:

The John Ridley one? Hopefully soon, but I doubt it'll be for a while yet.

Yeah, I doubt it'll be out for quite a while, but a few details/a name to speculate about might be interesting.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Wolpertinger posted:

Yeah, I doubt it'll be out for quite a while, but a few details/a name to speculate about might be interesting.

I just want to know who/what it's about, because 'it's a reinvention of a Marvel character' means it could be literally anything and I think there's a lot of assumptions going about because of Ridley's work that will either be deflated, or affirmed, by what character/team/whatever they've chosen bring him on-board for and that's what I'm really interested in.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.

jivjov posted:

Yeah... "I won't hesitate" doesn't mean "I'm gonna come around the corner and blast the gently caress out of her without giving her a chance to stand down"

That's a good point, and I totally agree that of course she'd want to talk her down first, but I'd be very wary of someone who I'd seen stab a person in the neck getting closer to me, even if she was my Mother.
The whole vampire/Satan Claw thing with her and Jiaying struggling was a great action scene though, so it all worked out.

Keshik
Oct 27, 2000

Potsticker posted:

Oh, and I really disliked how Simmons and Fitz were flirting again in the end. Like, I half expected him to tell her off or something for how terrible Gemma has been to Leo this season. But no, we get a scene of him bumbling asking her for a date. Duuuuuumb! I'm glad she got Kree stoned if only because it put a stop to that. If seaosn three has him pining over her again I will be very dissapointed in Fitz. There are other, better fish in the sea! Also you might become an Inhuman?

I don't think that was him bumbling, that was him struggling to coherently form the words while she was distracted and not paying attention to him.

The poor guy has brain damage.

And they're friends again, so he was trying to follow through on the very basic thing of "Ok, I'm back, we're alive, let's talk. You wanted to talk, let's go have dinner and talk." I don't anticipate there will be any pining for anyone in season three. Those two are best friends first and foremost, and it seems inevitable because this is a Whedon production that they are doomed to misery and they will never, ever, ever get together and be happy. Or if they do, immediately afterwards one of them will be devoured from within by what basically is the ghost of Cthulhu.

Which may already have happened. We may have already seen their relationship go as far as it will ever go.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

This is still one of my favorite moments in the series

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjhWyJ9xgmc

tastychicken
Jul 17, 2007
Title text goes here

jivjov posted:

I'm going to go ahead and disagree.
Skye said "I won't hesitate." But she did. She's not a monster, and she wanted to see if there was some way to not kill her mother.

Now Ward, on the other hand. He said he wouldn't hesitate to put May down (or something to that effect).
He didn't hesitate. He put 3 bullets into Agent 33 even before she had opened her mouth, all on the basis that she was wearing May's face.

When your hesitation is a good thing; it's called patience. Something Ward has none left of.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

tastychicken posted:

I'm going to go ahead and disagree.
Skye said "I won't hesitate." But she did. She's not a monster, and she wanted to see if there was some way to not kill her mother.

The moment her mother attacked, she attempted to retaliate. That's the very definition of not hesitating.

tastychicken
Jul 17, 2007
Title text goes here

jivjov posted:

The moment her mother attacked, she attempted to retaliate. That's the very definition of not hesitating.

I might be wrong, but to me it seemed as if Skye could have ripped her mother apart, at least after Skye managed to adjust for the power drain.
Being able to rip someone apart doesn't mean you will do it as soon as you get the chance! She knocked the Quinjet over instead, causing "kreell oil"™!

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011

tastychicken posted:

I might be wrong, but to me it seemed as if Skye could have ripped her mother apart, at least after Skye managed to adjust for the power drain.
Being able to rip someone apart doesn't mean you will do it as soon as you get the chance! She knocked the Quinjet over instead, causing "kreell oil"™!

I guess she was worried she might not have a second chance considering her imminent death. If she went after Jaiying and the plane got away, they could be used as an especially terrible, self-replenishing chemical weapon in revenge. Destroying the plane completely crushed Jaiying's plan - with the vent crystals stopped and the escape jet crashed, Jiyaing can not only not make more inhumans, but the inhumans lose their biggest weapon and can no longer escape or kill everyone on the ship.

I'm not sure how many, if any (outside of Atillan) inhuman groups exist outside of Jaiying's, though, and if they were in contact. It might be that only Jaiying tried to grow the lethal terrigen-metal crystals and the missing diviners might come back into play for Atillan/others.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Next season is gonna be about this character I submitted to them, Nate Grin. He an Inhuman, a Mutant, AND an Eternal. Buy he an ordinary software engineer just like all of us. He may be a little overweight but he has a good heart, and he's in a consensual polyamorous relationship with Bobbi, Skye, May, Gemma, and Mack. He has all the powers of Superman and all the powers of a king.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Wolpertinger posted:

Jiyaing can not only not make more inhumans

They presumably still have the Diviner Gordon was looking atholding and... sensing(?) for "Are you seeing this? There's someone new" and could even repeat the process they made those crystals with in the first place for a new self-replenishing supply.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
not to mention there's a bunch of other diviners still missing from that crate Mr. Friendly Kree was trying to obtain.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Jiaying said that they had five diviners originally; they melted one down to allow them to start creating their own crystals independently of the diviners, and I assume Whitehall took one of the remaining four, so there are still three in her group of inhumans alone.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

MikeJF posted:

Jiaying said that they had five diviners originally; they melted one down to allow them to start creating their own crystals independently of the diviners, and I assume Whitehall took one of the remaining four, so there are still three out there in her group of inhumans alone, let alone any other groups.

I thought the 6th one was the one Whitehall had.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

I thought the 6th one was the one Whitehall had.

Maybe. The crate did have six slots. Depends on when they made the artificial crystals; Jiaying said they had five at the time they did that, so if it was after Whitehall took one then that's all six. If not, then there's one still unaccounted for.

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.
So I watched the finale last night on the CTV website, and I'm positive there's a section missing. It goes from the scene where Coulson rams Cal with his truck, then to the scene where Jaiying has all the shield agents hostage and she holds up one of those crystals looking like she's gonna do something with it. THen the next scene is Mack and Skye on the carrier. How did Skye get out and where did she come from? Also apparently Cal is helping Coulson out now because the last thing I saw was him being pinned by a truck.

So what did I miss here? Where was Skye and how did she get out? What was Mack doing? What did Coulson say to Cal? And I'm guessing Jaiying did actually mist all those agents? I only get a scene afterwards with Lincoln saying that it was murder, but I didn't see anything :S.

DarkAvenger211 fucked around with this message at 13:40 on May 14, 2015

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Yeah, someone else was having this issue with the CTV version, looks like they uploaded a copy missing a big chunk.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
That's some really weird editing. Stuff like this is why :filez: was invented. Well, okay, probably not the main reason, but still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

counterfeitsaint posted:

The cocoon effect seems pretty different to me, both visually and the obligatory 5 seconds of slow mo.. It would have been interesting if Agent Beard was an inhuman so he could finally matter, but I guess not. Did he even have a name? I also loved how he got turned to ash but even Kree tech could not effect that magnificent facial hair.

He's Medusa except with his sweet beard.

• Locked thread