Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Genetic Toaster posted:

You forgot "reverse racism"!

You also forgot The Jews.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
IHE finally got back on track with Search for the Worst and pulled off the largely thankless task of reviewing The Amazing Bulk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UE7I5mPHsSU
It's about a half hour long

Do you think movies that are meant to be poorly made have any value? Or less value?

e: Black Dynamite doesn't count

MrSlam fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Mar 17, 2016

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Depends on whether they are funny

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
I mean poo poo look at this

http://www.badassoftheweek.com/index.cgi?id=258580412460

quote:

In the Third Century AD, the current nation of Syria produced a soul-crushingly-badass warrior woman from hell who spear-hunted panthers from horseback, spoke four languages fluently, wrote an in-depth textbook documenting a thousand years of Asian history, recited Homerian epic poetry from memory, bloodily avenged the murder of her husband and stepson, annihilated a Roman legion, conquered Egypt, beheaded a dipshit Christian-persecuting Latin governor, ruled an Empire stretching from India to Alexandria, and then mysteriously vanished into history never to be heard from again.

I had never heard of this woman until today but I would be down to watch a historical drama about her now.

Principal Hellmann
Jul 29, 2006
"I'm sending you to dentention FOREVER, LIEMAN!"
I think I have to see this Amazing Bulk movie...

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

PassTheRemote posted:

He was one of the few rich politicians who actually gave a poo poo about poor people. He was one of the first reform presidents out there. Was he perfect? No, he did start the legacy of the US loving around with the governments of Central and South America. However, he also helped stop the Russo-Japanese War. He also gave a poo poo about the environment and tried to preserve as much as he could. The legacies of all presidents have black marks, but Teddy did a lot to help people at the time.

FDR was one of America's greatest president during one of the worst times in our history and he put up detainment camps for the Japanese Americans during a war which the enemy was doing the same.

History is a funny thing.

Cyron fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Mar 17, 2016

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
All US presidents have done some pretty bad poo poo. Most world leaders are going to hell.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

WickedHate posted:

All US presidents have done some pretty bad poo poo. Most world leaders are going to hell.

Hell is other posters.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
What about Abraham Lincoln?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Mraagvpeine posted:

choked midgets for fun

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Mraagvpeine posted:

He was a professional wrestler. What do you think?

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Senerio posted:

He was a professional wrestler. What do you think?

So he release a sex tape about him eating too mush pork and saying the n word?

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Cyron posted:

So he release a sex tape about him eating too mush pork and saying the n word?

Why do you think Mary Todd was like that?

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
The problem is that people want politicans to be like supermen, rather than acknowledging that they're flawed human beings with some good, some bad, like most people. Then when that happens you get a backlash - look at the Corbyn/Saunders thing.

I guess the same could be said of internet critics?

probably not

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

Mraagvpeine posted:

I heard he ate a baby once and frequently lied about his age.

Don't even get me started on his friend Ghandi.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

OldMemes posted:

The problem is that people want politicans to be like supermen, rather than acknowledging that they're flawed human beings with some good, some bad, like most people. Then when that happens you get a backlash - look at the Corbyn/Saunders thing.

I guess the same could be said of internet critics?

probably not

It really doesn't help that, at least in the US, previous presidents are elevated to pretty much godhood.

That, and humans tend to have trouble with "there are good and bad traits that are both in this thing I enjoy, and neither defines it or me."

I don't know whether other cultures have as much problem with nuance as we do. Heck, we've carefully cultivated our politics so that there's only two parties and they're set up the same way team rivalries are: Our guys are the Good Guys, the other guys are responsible for everything bad ever and we can't let them win or else the loving world will end.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

MrSlam posted:

Do you think movies that are meant to be poorly made have any value? Or less value?

e: Black Dynamite doesn't count

Of course it does not count, Black Dynamite is a parody of Blaxploitation movies. The flubs proved the writers understood Blaxploitation movies.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

The day the US realizes that having a multi party system to better cater to different demographics is when the two parties become entirely incompatible/unlikeable to everyone.

LFK
Jan 5, 2013

Jack Gladney posted:

I think I am starting to realize that there's something medically wrong with Jordan Owen that makes him that way, and that he is pitiable and not just scum.

Untreated OCD.

Not saying that as some armchair doc, either. In one of his hour and a half couch monologues he went into some detail about his OCD diagnosis and how he couldn't afford/didn't want medication.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Annointed posted:

The day the US realizes that having a multi party system to better cater to different demographics is when the two parties become entirely incompatible/unlikeable to everyone.

So, what you are saying is, any day now?

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

This just in, Digital Homicide is suing Jim Stearling for 10 million dollars! http://kotaku.com/angered-game-developer-sues-game-critic-jim-sterling-fo-1765484317

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

BigRed0427 posted:

This just in, Digital Homicide is suing Jim Stearling for 10 million dollars! http://kotaku.com/angered-game-developer-sues-game-critic-jim-sterling-fo-1765484317

Well, that does appear to be the only way they'll ever make millions.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
And they are representing themselves. And they are crowdfunding a lawyer.

:allears:

The only thing that worries me is that any kind of lawsuit, even a dumb one, can get pretty expensive.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

e X posted:

The only thing that worries me is that any kind of lawsuit, even a dumb one, can get pretty expensive.

Yeah it'd be like 20% of that million bucks easy.

EDIT: Ten million dollars? They crazy. I don't know who this Sterling guy is, but not that many people have ten million dollars sitting around. Most of them don't need a day job.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

e X posted:

Thing is, it gets expensive for the suer too, right? Sterling might have more funding on hand to weather a seige than Digital Homicide does - it's not like they're particularly successful game devs. And they have basically no actual case against him, even if they weren't representing themselves like a bunch of dopes, so it's not like they have a likely victory waiting to save them.

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Annointed posted:

The Democrats and Republicans are essentially long term coalitions of multiple interest groups, not single monolithic entities. That's why this hasn't already happened despite the fact that people have realized this for literally centuries. Every so often individual blocs break off from one and realign to the other, but the coalition keeps the same name.

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

PenguinKnight posted:

I heard he ate a baby once and frequently lied about his age.

Don't even get me started on his friend Ghandi.

:golfclap:

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

BigRed0427 posted:

Oh my God, Digital Homicide is just the gift that keeps on giving!

Here's a great back-and-forth they had with Jim last year:
(Warning for cringe-inducing stupidity)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhjXfAikKaY

I can't wait to see what sort of terrible antics they get up to in the legal system.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

BigRed0427 posted:

Not only is their case flimsy as all gently caress, where the hell did they get that figure of $10 million? In absolutely no universe is that anywhere close to the assets at stake here.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Olga of Kiev sounds like a piece of poo poo. Burning a bunch of people and making them slaves is the pretty well absolute opposite of good or cool.

Also Digital Homicide will never stop being hilarious just on that outstandingly bad name alone.

Annointed posted:

But we like Genghis Khan.

Sure as hell not me.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Mar 17, 2016

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Idran posted:

The Democrats and Republicans are essentially long term coalitions of multiple interest groups, not single monolithic entities. That's why this hasn't already happened despite the fact that people have realized this for literally centuries. Every so often individual blocs break off from one and realign to the other, but the coalition keeps the same name.

Which is also why third parties die quickly, they have to face pretty much every group in that coalition, plus other things in the electoral system that discourages voting/changing your mind/other things to keep third parties from every getting into power.

How is it that Digital Homocide keep up this act? Hell it's not even the profitable act of catering to pissed off anti Jim Sterling people. After you meet someone and do an hour long podcast, how is it that you can decide to continue to act like a conman and a crook against a person who dedicates his life to those sorts.

But we like Genghis Kong. And he's pretty much bloodier in practially every single way.

Annointed fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Mar 17, 2016

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Yardbomb posted:

Also Digital Homicide will never stop being hilarious just on that outstandingly bad name alone.

More like Digital Suicide, amirite? :haw:

Annointed posted:

How is it that Digital Homocide keep up this act? Hell it's not even the profitable act of catering to pissed off anti Jim Sterling people. After you meet someone and do an hour long podcast, how is it that you can decide to continue to act like a conman and a crook against a person who dedicates his life to those sorts.

My impression is that they are just really, really stupid. Like, so stupid they legitimately believe that they are the hard working little guy being bullied by a big mean villain, and like any underdog tale, they are going to get justice. Like, if you listen to the interview there (and read their court document's exerpts), it's 100% plain to see that they're almost certainly sincere.

I would feel bad about laughing at them, except they're also smug douches.

Like they're what if :smug: and :downsgun: had a baby.

Puppy Time fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Mar 17, 2016

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

I'd really like to think this is a case that could be settled by Jim Sterling saying "Just look at them" with that 2-hand presenting motion towards Digital Homicide.

Then a judge nods sagely and bangs gavel, case dismissed.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Mar 17, 2016

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Didn't they say they were going to bring him to court another time ago? Kind of shows how uncommitted they are in things that involve effort.

Infamous Sphere
Nov 8, 2010
Blargh oh my god yes, I have read fanfiction, in a way it's a guilty pleasure/so bad it's good thing. I can't read trashy romance though. Fanfiction..oh god..some of the anatomical limitations are..well..let's just say these women don't very much und

I'm sure somebody else has already made this joke, but drat Bieber is turning Canadian stereotypes on their heads by being so bad at apologising. :canada:

The production of this really sounds like White Hinterland. Like...identical to White Hinterland.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

emeriin posted:

Regarding Chez, Lindsay's said Maker hosed them over and that they wasted five months waiting for them to do the redesign, but now they're doing it themselves.

Coincidentally, I was just wondering what Ellis was up to. Back in the days of Channel Awesome, she was the critic that I didn't like at first but began to warm up to her when she drifted away from her Nostalgia Chick persona and showed how intelligent and analytical she could be. It's been a couple years since I last kept up with her work, so I'm feeling nostalgic and wanting to see her new stuff.

Is Loose Canon the only video series she's involved with?

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

Annointed posted:

Didn't they say they were going to bring him to court another time ago? Kind of shows how uncommitted they are in things that involve effort.

It comes up in that interview. Jim wants one of these sorts to try and sue him, because that would actually create precedent for all the bullshit lovely game companies do wrt fair use. And given that Jim makes around 10 grand a month he's probably fine.

Shaded Spriter
Mar 27, 2010

senae posted:

It comes up in that interview. Jim wants one of these sorts to try and sue him, because that would actually create precedent for all the bullshit lovely game companies do wrt fair use. And given that Jim makes around 10 grand a month he's probably fine.

That "lawsuit" mentioned in the interview was about the DMCA claims and fair-use law which he has youtube's direct protection on now - this is a whole different kettle of fish. It is the same person saying libel while also in their evidence provide examples of where all the "false claims" Jim made are actually true. (That they buy assets does minimal work and then sells them as games.)

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Does a judge have to look through DH's claims and determine whether they have any merit to them before this can actually go to trial? If so, this whole thing will die right there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
That Sorry music video is distractingly bad

• Locked thread