Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Scratch Monkey posted:

Monkey King lives in Castle Mania, right?

That's where the dude from Hellsing is from. I think his name was Edward?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thirteen Orphans
Dec 2, 2012

I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you.
Hey sorry if I missed the discussion when it came out but if you all want to see Tasteless Tattoos, The Movie The King of Staten Island has some pretty choice material.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Thirteen Orphans posted:

Hey sorry if I missed the discussion when it came out but if you all want to see Tasteless Tattoos, The Movie The King of Staten Island has some pretty choice material.

I don't really want to watch that movie just to see some bad tattoos

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Thirteen Orphans posted:

Pete Davidson is just a amalgam of tasteless tattoos that gained sentience

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

sephiRoth IRA posted:

Pete Davidson is just a amalgam of tasteless tattoos that gained sentience

I'm sure that there is a non-zero number of tattoos of Pete Davidson.

Thirteen Orphans
Dec 2, 2012

I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you.

Iron Crowned posted:

I don't really want to watch that movie just to see some bad tattoos

Fair enough. It isn’t everyone’s taste.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Iron Crowned posted:

I'm sure that there is a non-zero number of tattoos of Pete Davidson.

And much like that copycat DC tat with the nipple, all new recursion is worse than the original

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.

What the gently caress is this hand?

Screen grabbed from a facebook ad

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

the dots make it look mouldy

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Mx. posted:

the dots make it look mouldy

or poo poo-tons of blackheads

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Samfucius posted:

Hand? That's clearly an octopus.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Samfucius posted:

It also looks kind of weird because pictures are not to scale with each other.

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning
I've no idea why I did this other than to brush up on some photoshop skills.

The two figures were SO far out of proportion and needed an excessive amount of manipulation to make them even remotely fit together. The woman's hand that reaches around his back has fingers all over the place, his forearm needed to be about 20% thicker, his hand makes a little more sense when they are put together, but then you realise you shouldn't be able to see it at all as it should be covered by her hair, or her hair should be cropped as to be 'behind' his hand. And oh my God why have I spent so much time animating this lovely tattoo?!

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

dpack_1 posted:

I've no idea why I did this other than to brush up on some photoshop skills.

The two figures were SO far out of proportion and needed an excessive amount of manipulation to make them even remotely fit together. The woman's hand that reaches around his back has fingers all over the place, his forearm needed to be about 20% thicker, his hand makes a little more sense when they are put together, but then you realise you shouldn't be able to see it at all as it should be covered by her hair, or her hair should be cropped as to be 'behind' his hand. And oh my God why have I spent so much time animating this lovely tattoo?!

Someone make this in av format, dpack needs a new one!

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
Wait, so you adjusted them so they fit together. Show us the originals combining!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

TBF the one of the woman does appear to be more zoomed in

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Endless Mike posted:

TBF the one of the woman does appear to be more zoomed in

Yeah. I think the photos are out of scale, not the tattoos. I agree that it's weird his hand doesn't interact with her hair the same way his face does, but the concept is at least kinda not stupid and the scale might not be as wonky as we think.

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
It's at least a little weird that he has a shirt on and she's naked.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Oh, there's plenty of weirdness to it, I'm just saying the scale is probably not part of it.

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning

graventy posted:

It's at least a little weird that he has a shirt on and she's naked.

She's ... not?

She's wearing a pink / red top. Look at the difference of skin tone between her top and her face / hands / chest.

And yeah, there's no need to do the animation with them out of scale, that is definitely just a difference in the photo sizes. It's more the hands, arm thicknesses, and negative space that didn't line up at all.

To be honest it wasn't the worst couple's tattoo i've seen, that stupid thing that creates a heart when the couple hold each other but ends up looking like random lines across their arms and ribs is by far the worst iteration of this idea.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

dpack_1 posted:

She's ... not?

She's wearing a pink / red top. Look at the difference of skin tone between her top and her face / hands / chest.
Yeah, this is how I read it, BUT the man's shirt sleeves and collar clearly show an end, while hers just kind of fade away into the wrists and neck.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Her cheeks are the same color as her body. Therefore she's naked, blushing, and a lobster.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?

Nostradingus posted:

Her cheeks are the same color as her body. Therefore she's naked, blushing, and a lobster.

Half man-half lobster tattoo in an embrace would be much more acceptable, IMO.

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
I can see it when you describe it that way, but the guy has a very clearly defined sleeve and neckhole and she just has..color splotches.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/TheWTFNation/status/1351520277944008704

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

“Poor Fuckin’ Choice”

Dear Prudence
Sep 3, 2012

You'd think someone who loved the military enough to get a tattoo of their rank would want to stay in longer and advance further.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
Or at least leave room to add stripes and rockers. And cross out each rank and write the next below it.

Dear Prudence
Sep 3, 2012

stealie72 posted:

Or at least leave room to add stripes and rockers. And cross out each rank and write the next below it.

A tasteful solution that will look super amazing.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Dear Prudence posted:

A tasteful solution that will look super amazing.
Hey, we aren't supposed to suggest tasteful options in here...

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
The canon name is and always has been Glassass :colbert:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

wow

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Girls don't make passes at boys with glass asses

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

stealie72 posted:

I knew a guy who was so amped up when he made 3rd class Petty Officer he got the crow tattooed on his arm.

He was shortly thereafter busted back down for being a complete piece of poo poo.

I also knew a guy who got "second class for life" tattooed on his chest, immediately before being promoted.

People in the military are loving stupid.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I got my rate tattooed on my chest and 6 years later I’m thinking about switching rates.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

LingcodKilla posted:

I got my rate tattooed on my chest and 6 years later I’m thinking about switching rates.

I mean business cards probably would’ve been cheaper, but you sell your body at whatever rate you like.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS posted:

I mean business cards probably would’ve been cheaper, but you sell your body at whatever rate you like.

Then it would be false advertising and I demand to speak with the manager

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Lol, choose ur rate chose ur fate.