Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

Christ, Buck must be paying his lawyer a shitton considering how he's calling him every other day for something or other.
This is broken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Haifisch posted:

2003 Spiderman

Timely reference, Spidey!

e. oh drat, there was a 2003 prequel. I thought it came soon after the original.

Kennel fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Oct 26, 2017

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

When they passed out body parts in the comics today, I got Cathy's nose and Dick Tracy's private parts.
That’s some downright bizarre foreshortening on Hulk there.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I don't know if this is against forums rules or will seem like shilling, but you can buy signed hardback collections of the bus right from the author, if you're so inclined. I liked what I read in this thread so much that I did. This isn't to say "stop posting the bus," far from it; it's a great addition to the thread and we're all pretty much posting in a gray area, here. I just dig it when you can buy bound collections directly from the comic artists; I bought my copy of Beaucoup Arlo and Janis the same way (which is weird, if you're interested - it's listed on Amazon for train-robbery prices, but I ordered mine off of Jimmy Johnson's website for what seems like a perfectly normal price...)

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010

Oh God, they're going to do the cast of Luann in The Wizard of Oz...as a loving dream sequence. This is worse than what I thought it would be, how is it worse?!

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

dirksteadfast posted:

Oh God, they're going to do the cast of Luann in The Wizard of Oz...as a loving dream sequence. This is worse than what I thought it would be, how is it worse?!

Do you suppose they'd make Tiff or Ann Eiffel the Wicked Witch of the West even though this kid's never met either of them so it would make no goddamn sense to put them in her dream sequence?

Angular Cyrus
May 29, 2007

everything is so much harder than it looks
Pop Team Epic

Honey Come Chatka

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

Has the family in Baldo always been this motherfucking insufferable?

Grimnak
Dec 19, 2006

Pastry of the Year posted:

I don't know if this is against forums rules or will seem like shilling, but you can buy signed hardback collections of the bus right from the author, if you're so inclined. I liked what I read in this thread so much that I did. This isn't to say "stop posting the bus," far from it; it's a great addition to the thread and we're all pretty much posting in a gray area, here. I just dig it when you can buy bound collections directly from the comic artists; I bought my copy of Beaucoup Arlo and Janis the same way (which is weird, if you're interested - it's listed on Amazon for train-robbery prices, but I ordered mine off of Jimmy Johnson's website for what seems like a perfectly normal price...)

Can you link to where the bus is for sale on the author's site? I'm not seeing a place on his website where I can order anything.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Grimnak posted:

Can you link to where the bus is for sale on the author's site? I'm not seeing a place on his website where I can order anything.

I'll PM you (and anyone else who is curious). I didn't want a link from this thread to somewhere else to end up being a problem for anyone.

E: I don't think it would hurt anything to say that the author told me through email that he sells the bus on eBay under the username stayingamused. You can google your way to that without the comics thread getting its wrists slapped.

Pastry of the Year fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Oct 27, 2017

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.
The Lockhorns

Brewster ROckit Space GUy

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Kevin & Kell

Mother Goose & Grimm

Hagar The Horrible

Old New Yorker Cartoons

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Johnny Walker posted:

Mary Worth

I assume Zak is making a comeback. He must be a maniac to again try this dating track.
Maybe he's seen Casablanca now.

Julet Esqu posted:

Do you suppose they'd make Tiff or Ann Eiffel the Wicked Witch of the West even though this kid's never met either of them so it would make no goddamn sense to put them in her dream sequence?
Maybe it'll be Luann's dream?

Command Ant posted:

I don't mind Baldo, but yeah, it's pretty much always been like this as far as I'm aware.

I'll PM you (and anyone else who is curious). I didn't want a link from this thread to somewhere else to end up being a problem for anyone.

E: I don't think it would hurt anything to say that the author told me through email that he sells the bus on eBay under the username stayingamused. You can google your way to that without the comics thread getting its wrists slapped.
What would be the problem with linking it? :confused:

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Tiggum posted:

What would be the problem with linking it? :confused:

Because some artists might take exception to having their work being rehosted elsewhere. I realize we're a pretty small and passionate group, relatively speaking, but if (for example) Rina Piccolo said "please don't host Tina's Groove anywhere," I'd stop posting the backups I have of it, because it's her work, and she has the right to ask me not to do it.

Comic strips are pretty ephemeral and it's not a lot of them that get big bucks after the initial publication, but still. I think of this thread as a sort of walled garden where a small group of people gather around a communal newspaper page - but I'd also get if an author who was made aware of this thread asked us not to rehost/post their stuff here.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

Strontium posted:

Intelligent Life

I'm lying here with some hellish hangover/bug combo, just barely holding on to the contents of my stomach, and I am 100% sincere when I say that this drat near pushed me over the edge.

P.S. please stop posting Intelligent Life.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Oops, forgot to post yesterday's comics again.

The Classic Dinette Set

Working Daze

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

FrumpleOrz posted:

On The Fastrack

... This is straight up one of those stupid "Normal People/Creative People" things that were going around a while back.

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon
Ballard Street

Lookit that dog

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.
Ballard Street rules so much.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

TofuDiva posted:

Ballard Street

Lookit that dog

Jeff Sessions?

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

Aardmania posted:

9 Chickweed Lane (not an edit)

:jerkbag:

This is the second or third strip Brooke has featured his male characters getting a hand-job in public in recent weeks. C'mon! Kids are reading this!

Great! Now kill everyone else in the strip and then yourself!

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Heathcliff

Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

9 Newspapers or Fewer

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Intelligent Life

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Viivi & Wagner

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Strontium posted:

Intelligent Life

If he one day gets to touch a boob he's going to have an immediate heart attack and die. But unfortunately at this rate that's unlikely to happen before about 2025.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

mastersord posted:

Kids are reading this!

Don't joke; nobody except this thread and Brooke's handful of followers are reading this

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Is Guy signing his name in Gisnep font

Savidudeosoo
Feb 12, 2016

Pelican, a Bag Man

Bimmi posted:

I'm lying here with some hellish hangover/bug combo, just barely holding on to the contents of my stomach, and I am 100% sincere when I say that this drat near pushed me over the edge.

P.S. please stop posting Intelligent Life.

Usually, I've always been for posting whatever comics you want. Never much cared for the various campaigns to banish a strip people didn't like.

But holy poo poo, I never want to see intelligent life again.

Like what the gently caress does she mean "what a kiss!"?!? He didn't DO anything! He went all droopy lipped!

I hate it. I hate it so much and I want it to die disgraced and abhorred.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

Tiggum posted:

If he one day gets to touch a boob he's going to have an immediate heart attack and die. But unfortunately at this rate that's unlikely to happen before about 2025.

You laugh, but I could almost see this going the other way and turning into a Brookeian nightmare where they never stop going at it for any reason ever, and if that happens I am going to have to burn my modem.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
It's criminal that that guy gets a dramatic kiss while Mole Man has to refuse true love for the sake of his subjects.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Because some artists might take exception to having their work being rehosted elsewhere. I realize we're a pretty small and passionate group, relatively speaking, but if (for example) Rina Piccolo said "please don't host Tina's Groove anywhere," I'd stop posting the backups I have of it, because it's her work, and she has the right to ask me not to do it.

Savidudeosoo posted:

Usually, I've always been for posting whatever comics you want. Never much cared for the various campaigns to banish a strip people didn't like.

But holy poo poo, I never want to see intelligent life again.

Like what the gently caress does she mean "what a kiss!"?!? He didn't DO anything! He went all droopy lipped!

I hate it. I hate it so much and I want it to die disgraced and abhorred.

HMMMMMMMMM

Tracksuit

I have no idea what South African bugles are or why I should be frightened of them and yet I am.

Mother From Another Country

That is the least competent fortuneteller I have ever seen.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
They're vuvuzelas. They sound like a cross between a mosquito and a car horn.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Tina's Groove Classic (March 19, 2006)

Arlo and Janis Classic (March 19, 1996)

Garfield Classic (March 19, 1986)

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
They really pissed a lot of people off for a whole world cup.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

The People are dressed as Little Shop of Horrors characters and the baby is Audrey II omg :kimchi:

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Johnny Walker posted:

The Phantom

Holy poo poo that's a ton of meat.

Wait, wasn't the Phantom in costume while flying a few strips ago? Apparently he shares the power to change his clothes in extremely cramped spaces with Superman.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Some Guy TT posted:

I have no idea what South African bugles are or why I should be frightened of them and yet I am.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNWYaEjJK7E

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

The Phantom

Cerebral Bore posted:

Wait, wasn't the Phantom in costume while flying a few strips ago? Apparently he shares the power to change his clothes in extremely cramped spaces with Superman.
He was indeed! I didn't notice that.

Pooch Cafe

I enjoyed this week of wordless can-opening gags. Good job, Paul Gilligan!

Rex Morgan MD

Oh man he actually called the lawyer! Will he call back? I am on the edge of my seat!

Apartment 3-G

Can't imagine why his wife is sick of him.

BC

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Baldo

Command Ant posted:

I don't have a long history with the strip, but I think probably yes, it has.

Wizard of Id

Big Nate

Curtis

That bump-on-the-head thing was a short storyline.

Baby Blues

Edit: Holy crap that Bizarro!

Murdstone fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Oct 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

You can buy her book of older comics on Amazon.
https://smile.amazon.com/Breaking-Cat-News-Reporting-Matters/dp/1449474136/ref=la_B076GVFT2V_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1509116484&sr=1-1

If anyone can figure out if she sells on eBay, please let me know.

• Locked thread